Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 12:23 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Default This is weird but true, advice needed.....

OK Guys, first of all I need you click on the link and read the sotory then you can respond to the question. Once you clink on the link scoll down to the name William Batten.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/...serial20.shtml

So here's the deal, this is gonna be weird, it certainly is for me and I suspect you all will fall inline with my thoughts so let's see.

This guy William Batten whom my Wife or I have never ever met I find out about 2 years ago is my Wife's Mom's Brother ie my Wife's Uncle Billy as they call him. The first time I found out I was a bit creeped out thinking shit I can't ever tell anyone this, this is too bizarre. Well about that time my Mother in Law starts driving every other Saturday down to McNeil Island Penitentary and re-establishes her relationship with her Brother. I figure none of my business, the guy is never getting out so nothing really to worry about as long as being a murderer is not a genetic thing, my family will be fine.
    So last Xmas 2006 the guy or Psycho I should say knits these ski hats for all his nephews and 1 niece ( my Daughter ). I play nice about it but as soon as we got home that hat was history and would bnever be worn by out Daughter "Taryn". A couple of days ago my Mother in Law brings over this box to out house. In the box was a hand knitted baby blanket and a 3 foot Raggedy Ann Doll all hand knit as well as a pair of hand knit slippers. I internally freaked out, but did not say anything. Taryn immediatly fell in love with the Doll and is now snuggling with it when she sleeps. I am having a shit fit that a serial killer made this for our Daughter and don't even want to look at the thing. Then my Mother in Law mentions they are having a family sleep over type deal at the prison and Weird Uncle Billy is allowed to have family all sleep in a visitation trailer with him for 1 night. I wanted to scream "ABSOLUTLY FUCKING NOT"! but politley said I was not comfortable whether it is safe or not having my Daughter no matter what her age even meeting this guy. My Mother in Law insisted it would be safe and I was even welcome, and the Asshole part of me comes right out and says "Ya know, I realize he's family to you but to me he's a cold blooded killer and I'm not paying taxes so this lunatic can enjoy some family reunion at the taxpayers expense". My Mother in law was a little unhappy with me I could tell.
    I'm not so hesitant to speak of this now, since I guess the cat is out of the bag in a sense regarding my Wife's Mother and Grandparents. I guess the mystery writer Ann Rule did some sort of book detailing Washington State serial killers and he has a chapter to himself.
    So am i wrong wanting to keep my Daughter away and also trying to prevent her from knowing this dirty little secret about her Mom's Uncle.?

By the way as the article says he is suspected of a third disaprence well from what I know and really can't say to much because the victims family is rightfully pushng for a reopening with DNA testing, he fucking did it and possibly 1 other victim as well. So that would make 4, I don't think I'm in the wrong here.

Opinions?
    All you need in this life is a tremendous sex drive and a great ego , brain's don't mean a shit! ~ Captain Tony Tarracino

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. ~ Hunter S. Thompson

When you figure out that you can't figure it out, your finally gettin your shit together. ~ Jimmy Buffett

http://www.myspace.com/palm_trees_and_mojitos

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Your child is your child! If you don't have a good feeling about a situation, then you have every right to put your foot down. You don't even owe anyone an explanation.
    "Uncle Billy" gave up the right to be treated like a human being when he started murdering human beings. He has to earn that right back again. If you don't feel he's earned it then that's it.
    I'm sorry about your Mother-In-Law. That's a tough spot. maybe you could tell her something like this:
    "I know 'Uncle Billy' is family and we need to help him as much as we can, but I don't feel comfortable having my child around him right now. I'm willing to try and trust him, but right now I do not. Maybe there's some way you could help me understand and trust him. But, until I do, I won't be forced into a situation that I think is dangerous for my child."

I hope that helps.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I wouldn't cave on this. The guy is a child molester who also killed people, and from what that article says he wasn't just having a bad day--maybe a bad decade or so. Your job is to protect your family and your instincts are telling you this is a bad thing. Listen to them.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

That's totally fucked up...

What's really weird about reading this is I saw the son of one of the gals who got murdered by Mitchell Rupe today...
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Blood & Fire
    Last Online

03.13.13 @ 09:54 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's your daughter. You're the father and you are the Boss.

Be as kind and gentle as you can with the in-laws but your stance is HELL NO that shit aint in the cards.

That's a though spot and I thought I had it tough when the house arrest nephew turned grandmas house into a shithole drunkfest where my three year old wanted to hang out. My wife holds it against me that I won't let him go over to grandmas cuz of his loser ass. I stood my ground and eventually one of the 5 sister in laws backed me up. Maybe somebody in her family is hoping that you will make a stand. Good luck and keep us informed on that one. Fuck!
    If eddie were down and out on a sidewalk playing guitar I'd be next to him with a bottle and a blanky braving the cold. I would be sucking my thumb happily making chupa chupa noises in sync with the petroglyphic sounds that came from the mighty finger tips of Edward Van Halen.

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 11:54 AM
    Liked 35 Times in 15 Posts

You're not wrong. Go with your gut feeling. He made the decision to be a murderer and child molester, so he has no right to be around children, even if they are family. I also think your mother in law is naive if she can't understand why you wouldn't want your children spending a night in a trailer with a murderer and pedophile!

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You don't owe "Uncle Billy" any loyalty, let alone access to your children, and your mother in law needs some serious help if she's avoiding that reality.

So he's a baby raper at McNeil huh? Is he actually in the prison itself, or is he in the "Special Commitment Center" next door (which only has sex offenders)

If this guy's walking around in general population of the McNeil prison, the cons must only know about the murders and not the kiddie diddling.

Otherwise, they would solve your problem for you and your mother in law would be the only one mourning "Uncle Billy".
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

5150-Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.22.16 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 21 Posts

I would say hell no!! I'm curious as to what your wife's view on this? If I had to guess, she thinks it's ok?

I once dated a girl, whom had a "friend" a good buddy, great guy so to speak.
    Well, he was always talked about by her, family, but I never met this guy.
    Once I was told the story about the guy, I wasn't really eager to even meet the man. Turns out, he killed a woman driving drunk at like 16. My Gf, just thought he should be given chance after chance. He was drunk, coked up all the time from what I knew. Well, we have been broken up for 5 years now, haven't spoke in quite some time, but I found out not too long ago...this guy killed another woman drunk driving. I've always wondered what she thinks of him now...

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

You'll be hard pressed to find anyone who'll say you should give into your mother-in-law. My opinion is the same as the others here: YOU are the parent of YOUR children, and it is YOUR decision who they can and cannot see and know.

Though I don't really carry a "lock 'em up and throw away the key" mentality--I'm a little more a believer in rehibilitation (to an extent)--this guy was not a drug dealer or car thief; he was a child molester and murderer. I know I wouldn't let my kids near him--ever.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Keep your daughter far, far away.

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

The safety of your daughter is much more important than your relationship with your mother-in-law, IMO. If she gets upset at you for this, I wouldn't worry about it. They'll be spending a night in a prison! Who the hell wants to do that anyway?
    Besides the crimes that put this guy in there aren't exactly immediately forgiveable. Maybe if he was in there for...tax evasion or something, then maybe your daughter could go. I think you're doing the right thing.
    I'm sure everything would be fine, but I'm not sure she needs to be exposed to the prison life--I'm sure they'll all be fine and away from any other prisoners, but the whole thought is a little creepy.
    2-time Fantasy Baseball Champion.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT, II, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

AS IS
    Last Online

05.26.15 @ 05:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

put bars on your windows just for good messure. The safety of your family is always a concern and there's no way I would let a wacked out in-law tell me that its okay to have relations with a psychopath.
    -----HuBBs5150-----

"Meet us in the future not the pasture!" - DLR, Aug 13th 2007

What is GamingVision?

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:35 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

They let the dude have knitting needles in prison?

Your kid, your rules - don't go!

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

eruption
    Last Online

12.22.07 @ 09:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As someone who has done a small stint of time, I can tell you with certainty that this man is not in GP, he would be obliterated by now. Now as far as your mother in law is concerned, you are right to have shut her down and though she may be unhappy about it now, in the future she will never question the love you have for your daughter in only wanting to keep her safe. I personally would take all of the crap he hand made and burn it in front of your mother in law to drive the point home "My house, my daughter, my rules...deal with it". Raggedy Ann included

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    I wouldn't cave on this. The guy is a child molester who also killed people, and from what that article says he wasn't just having a bad day--maybe a bad decade or so. Your job is to protect your family and your instincts are telling you this is a bad thing. Listen to them.
    Bingo.

No way in hell. Ever....ever ever ever.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen