Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:25 AM
    Liked 973 Times in 390 Posts

Default squalen's banter

sorry that i am taking it upon myself to start this thread in feedback. actually, no i am not. i'm being honest and trying to do in the proper fashion.

that said, i have had my time here being a pain in the ass. think i have had like 4 or 5 3 day timeouts over the past 7 years for starting stupid topics, arguing, etc. i would say all of em except one i remember were appropriate. that said, that's a good thing.

i'm not gonna sit here and tell you, brett, how to run your site. i am going to ask though, why squalen is continually allowed to slam people in main? it's become beyond annoying, and it takes away from the forum that this very site is built for. this site belongs to all fans of van halen, not solely to squalen's thought process.

i've jabbed with him the past week or two, but i've done so to call him on his shit. no one else does, and it bothers me that he rides and ridicules so many people here. many of us have had arguments/differences over the years, but we have known when to stop. he, for some reason, will not. his response to people, put me on ignore cuz i won't stop. he's even telling people he won't stop. if that's not arrogant, i don't know what is. he says it's only a message board and no big deal, yet he carries on in his same high horse fashion. and i don't want any administration here telling me well if you don't like the site then leave or go to the army. i love the site, and i love the band, hence why i've always been here, along with 15,000 other people. i just feel that if there are rules, and the ones i'm talking about are basic courtesy rules, then people should follow them. i understand it's an emotional time for fans of the band with all the changes, rumors, innuendo, etc, but it doesn't give anyone the right to the personal attacks in the main forum, myself included. again, not tryin to be a pain in the ass here, just want to point something out.

there were 2 threads closed tonight, both which could have continued just fine had squalen not begun to kill them. there was also another one a few days ago that suffered the same fate. in addition, i have seen numerous posters and moderators to tell squalen to chill a bit in threads. none have done so to me, with the exception of brett when those 2 threads were closed.

i marked down a few parts where squalen just went out and slammed people. the "np" is not provoked and the "p" is provoked. the links are provided. 5-61 would be page 5 post number 61. read them for yourselves then see how far south the thread goes.

Poll/ going or not?

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/poll...-t38852p5.html
    5/61- np

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/poll...t38852p14.html

14-196-np
    14-198-np

ME pg 15-215 calling him out

Bye bye thread
    --------------------
    Melodicrock, the latest

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/melo...-t38890p7.html

7-97-np

ME pg 12-169 calling him out

Bye bye thread

Tour info next week

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/tour...-t38833p8.html

8-118-np

13-183 provoked

15-224 more crap

Me calling him out 22-317

Bye bye thread
    -------------------------------

i recall when DIF did something like this to eddymon a few years back to prove a point about him fucking around. this is the same thing here. again, this isn't to stir the pot and be a prick, it's to bring something to the table where this community of fans can view it and discuss it in a civilized manner.

personally, i can be a bit over the top at times. many of us can be. we're die hard fans of this band. being a die hard doesn't give me the right to attack people. doesn't give brett the right, tim the right, goo the right, pabs the right, or freakin whoever. the thing is, none of the aforementioned do it, it's a very small handful of people, most noticeably squalen.

i'm not askin for him to get tossed either. a pie in the sky would be for people to act civilized. is that so hard to do? and, if they can't, some consequences like a 2 week break would be great. i should not, nor should anyone else have to come here and put someone on ignore because they think they can hammer people constantly. he has a right to his opinions. we as mebers of this place also have a right not to get berated by him on a daily basis. it's basically...put me on ignore if you don't like my insults. if you wanna voice your opinion, totally ok. if you wanna crush people all the time cuz you have nothing else to do, then leave.

i've been here since may 2000, almost the very beginning. i have seen all the trolls. all the rumors. the old euas/links battles. the sherman days. the 316 project. the hacking of the site. all the facelifts brett and tim have done. the shit eddymon has pulled. the purple and gold colors when the lakers won the titles. the christmas light brett kindly puts up every christmas even though he doesn't have to. then i see this guy, who, imo, is the most consistent nuisance we have ever had.

seen said it best. in person he may be a great dude, but on here he's a pain. there's just no need for this anymore.

at any rate, hope everyone has a great day and i hope this can be resolved somehow.

squal- i'm sure you'll read this. you know, i don't know you personally. but the way you handle yourself here is uncalled for. yes it's a message board and it shouldn't be personal. however, when you attack people, it gets personal. it'd just be nice if you weren't so 5150 on here and didn't have such a filthy lil mouth. you've been given fair warning. and don't tell me otherwise. we don't need anymore i'm the one attitude. one howdy doody mountain is enough

hopefully someday we can all get along

peace

-JMJ-

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Let's make this thread official.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

08.31.17 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 31 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    sorry that i am taking it upon myself to start this thread in feedback. actually, no i am not. i'm being honest and trying to do in the proper fashion.

that said, i have had my time here being a pain in the ass. think i have had like 4 or 5 3 day timeouts over the past 7 years for starting stupid topics, arguing, etc. i would say all of em except one i remember were appropriate. that said, that's a good thing.

i'm not gonna sit here and tell you, brett, how to run your site. i am going to ask though, why squalen is continually allowed to slam people in main? it's become beyond annoying, and it takes away from the forum that this very site is built for. this site belongs to all fans of van halen, not solely to squalen's thought process.

i've jabbed with him the past week or two, but i've done so to call him on his shit. no one else does, and it bothers me that he rides and ridicules so many people here. many of us have had arguments/differences over the years, but we have known when to stop. he, for some reason, will not. his response to people, put me on ignore cuz i won't stop. he's even telling people he won't stop. if that's not arrogant, i don't know what is. he says it's only a message board and no big deal, yet he carries on in his same high horse fashion. and i don't want any administration here telling me well if you don't like the site then leave or go to the army. i love the site, and i love the band, hence why i've always been here, along with 15,000 other people. i just feel that if there are rules, and the ones i'm talking about are basic courtesy rules, then people should follow them. i understand it's an emotional time for fans of the band with all the changes, rumors, innuendo, etc, but it doesn't give anyone the right to the personal attacks in the main forum, myself included. again, not tryin to be a pain in the ass here, just want to point something out.

there were 2 threads closed tonight, both which could have continued just fine had squalen not begun to kill them. there was also another one a few days ago that suffered the same fate. in addition, i have seen numerous posters and moderators to tell squalen to chill a bit in threads. none have done so to me, with the exception of brett when those 2 threads were closed.

i marked down a few parts where squalen just went out and slammed people. the "np" is not provoked and the "p" is provoked. the links are provided. 5-61 would be page 5 post number 61. read them for yourselves then see how far south the thread goes.

Poll/ going or not?

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/poll...-t38852p5.html
    5/61- np

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/poll...t38852p14.html

14-196-np
    14-198-np

ME pg 15-215 calling him out

Bye bye thread
    --------------------
    Melodicrock, the latest

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/melo...-t38890p7.html

7-97-np

ME pg 12-169 calling him out

Bye bye thread

Tour info next week

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/tour...-t38833p8.html

8-118-np

13-183 provoked

15-224 more crap

Me calling him out 22-317

Bye bye thread
    -------------------------------

i recall when DIF did something like this to eddymon a few years back to prove a point about him fucking around. this is the same thing here. again, this isn't to stir the pot and be a prick, it's to bring something to the table where this community of fans can view it and discuss it in a civilized manner.

personally, i can be a bit over the top at times. many of us can be. we're die hard fans of this band. being a die hard doesn't give me the right to attack people. doesn't give brett the right, tim the right, goo the right, pabs the right, or freakin whoever. the thing is, none of the aforementioned do it, it's a very small handful of people, most noticeably squalen.

i'm not askin for him to get tossed either. a pie in the sky would be for people to act civilized. is that so hard to do? and, if they can't, some consequences like a 2 week break would be great. i should not, nor should anyone else have to come here and put someone on ignore because they think they can hammer people constantly. he has a right to his opinions. we as mebers of this place also have a right not to get berated by him on a daily basis. it's basically...put me on ignore if you don't like my insults. if you wanna voice your opinion, totally ok. if you wanna crush people all the time cuz you have nothing else to do, then leave.

i've been here since may 2000, almost the very beginning. i have seen all the trolls. all the rumors. the old euas/links battles. the sherman days. the 316 project. the hacking of the site. all the facelifts brett and tim have done. the shit eddymon has pulled. the purple and gold colors when the lakers won the titles. the christmas light brett kindly puts up every christmas even though he doesn't have to. then i see this guy, who, imo, is the most consistent nuisance we have ever had.

seen said it best. in person he may be a great dude, but on here he's a pain. there's just no need for this anymore.

at any rate, hope everyone has a great day and i hope this can be resolved somehow.

squal- i'm sure you'll read this. you know, i don't know you personally. but the way you handle yourself here is uncalled for. yes it's a message board and it shouldn't be personal. however, when you attack people, it gets personal. it'd just be nice if you weren't so 5150 on here and didn't have such a filthy lil mouth. you've been given fair warning. and don't tell me otherwise. we don't need anymore i'm the one attitude. one howdy doody mountain is enough

hopefully someday we can all get along

peace

-JMJ-

JMJ,

Just last night I got into it with him over how he treats people (In the now defunct "Melodic Rock The Latest" thread. I told him that I wasn't the only one that felt this way (you can go back and read all of it for yourself). Nice to see someone else point it though.
    "Question is,not does love exist,but when,she leaves,where she goes. I got a feeling she don't know either. Wait like the wind,watch where she blows..."

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

The ones about Dancing
    Last Online

11.26.14 @ 12:50 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It is obvious if you go back to a thread called this will get me banned read over the exchanges between Van Squalen and a cretin poster whose screen name was ATW. What the problem is, that is just my observation of the whole situation. To say that know one calls Van Squalen on this stuff is just not true. People do and have the threads get locked up before they are able to respond or they get banned from the site. IMO

I have been coming on here for at least the last 6 or 7 years and just reading things over when I get the time or have the interest. I have to admit it is very entertaining, and I dont see anything wrong with a jab here or there. As long as you can take it when it comes back at you, and honestly when there is not a little of it going on it is boring.

Now whos is the biggest fan of this band? Who cares we all like them in one form or anther or we would not keep coming back.

Who is Van Squalen? Who Cares?

JRS

Van Squalen, call your local Archdiocese they got people there that can help.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.27.07 @ 01:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I have to chime in as well, but it's not just Van Squalen. Speaking of Squalen specifically though, he's a good guy that gets carried away. I think it's bullshit but it does seem to be encouraged these days. Over the last couple of months I have made it a point to enter into conflict with people like VS, MikeL, SeriousDooDoo, Redrockingmonkeyboy (this was much earlier in the past but it is still fairly recent), and a few others. These people seem to have an agenda behind everything they post here, and it's all designed specifically to create dissent. I can't imagine any of them behaving like this in their real life.

I get into beefs with people, but I make a point of only doing it with our VHlink blowhards. It's been going on for to long and it's time that people point our their bullshit. With the exception of MikeL I have never gotten into any argument with any mod, I won't do it (I like Mike but in a lot of ways he is exactly the same as Van Squalen, but then again I like Van Squalen as well). I understand this is a community, we are going to have our differences. But the mods really need to clamp down more by specifically targeting some of these pain in the ass Vhlinker's (I fully understand I may be one of them).

I am the first to admit that me picking fights with a "VHlink Blowhard" is actually a weakness I have to stick it to behavior I REALLY dislike. I ignored it for years (like many people here) but the fact that it seems to be allowed makes me react to it. If it was publicly discouraged, or if we actually seen some of this sites members getting their ass handed to them by the mods, I doubt you would see very many regular members arguing with these people.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.27.07 @ 01:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Hmmm, I just read up on the thread that started all this (melodicrock).

It's obvious some get it and some don't, and nothing will solve it for those of us that have been here for a while.

This is it for me, last post, I'm out of here, have a great time everyone.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:22 AM
    Liked 11,598 Times in 4,945 Posts

Can I tell you something, if I banned Squalen, there'd be a long list of others that would go with him. As much as you find his actions deplorable, there are some other people here I have a real problem with and the mods know who they are because I've brought it up.

I don't want to ban anyone, if you notice, I haven't banned anyone in a long time, apart from that spam shit. Contrary to popular belief, I don't like doing it.

JMJ I don't report in to you when I speak to members privately. I have spoken with Squalen many times about this. I'm not defending his actions at all, but there is a laundry list of people who take shots at him all the time, and WANT to ellicit a response from him. They seem to revel in the abuse and getting into a war of name-calling. Some even take it to other sites to bait him they get so angry about this. It's all very childish, this is just a mesage board for a rock band after all, it ain't life or death.

I am watching VERY closely those threads in Main now, and I am going to see who exactly is starting what. I just want those of you who think they are so innocent in this to get off their high horse, because you're not. I'm not innocent myself, but I'm also not getting so personally upset at everyone. I just don't take it as hard as some of you I guess.

I am not sure where this huge list of banned users comes from, but again for the 500th time, there's like maybe 8 or 9 people banned from this site. That's all.

I really don't think you want me to get the banning stick out, because I will tell you like I said, if I decide to ban Squalen, he won't be alone. And I've told the mods that. And believe me they're on board with it, hell if it were up to them, a lot of people would be gone already. So let's see what can be done starting today. But as much as I appreciate their opinions and understand their feelings on this, in the end the reprecussions of bans come back to me, not to them.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:22 AM
    Liked 11,598 Times in 4,945 Posts

My main point is this really. Some people are on board with what Van Halen is supposedly doing, and some aren't. It doesn't make you more of a fan if you're going to follow the band around and see this tour and spend your life savings on it. Same goes for if you believe Wolfgang Van Halen has no business in the band. We're all fans. It's like when you're fan of your favorite sports team. When they make bad decisions or bad trades, do you consider yourself less of a fan if you don't agree with it? Of course not. This is not a Van Halen "rah rah" site, it's a site for Van Halen fans. And fans come in all shapes and sizes, and opinions. I for one like that we talk about EVERY era of the band here, and that we're not locked in to shitting on one era, or defending ONE person. There are sites dedicated to that and that's great. And no I don't just mean the Army, there are sites for Ed, even for Sam.

Nobody is EVER going to change anyone's mind on this supposed tour, so the sooner everyone realizes that, the nicer maybe you can be to each other. Because I guarantee you this and I speak from experience. If you ever met anyone from the board, you would have a MUCH different perception of them than you do by words on here. You'd laugh at how silly some of the stuff you say on here is, you'd shake hands and talk about your favorite band like friends.

And that's the truth. We're all just Van Halen fans. Some crazier than others...but fans none the less.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    My main point is this really. Some people are on board with what Van Halen is supposedly doing, and some aren't. It doesn't make you more of a fan if you're going to follow the band around and see this tour and spend your life savings on it. Same goes for if you believe Wolfgang Van Halen has no business in the band. We're all fans. It's like when you're fan of your favorite sports team. When they make bad decisions or bad trades, do you consider yourself less of a fan if you don't agree with it? Of course not. This is not a Van Halen "rah rah" site, it's a site for Van Halen fans. And fans come in all shapes and sizes, and opinions. I for one like that we talk about EVERY era of the band here, and that we're not locked in to shitting on one era, or defending ONE person. There are sites dedicated to that and that's great. And no I don't just mean the Army, there are sites for Ed, even for Sam.

Nobody is EVER going to change anyone's mind on this supposed tour, so the sooner everyone realizes that, the nicer maybe you can be to each other. Because I guarantee you this and I speak from experience. If you ever met anyone from the board, you would have a MUCH different perception of them than you do by words on here. You'd laugh at how silly some of the stuff you say on here is, you'd shake hands and talk about your favorite band like friends.

And that's the truth. We're all just Van Halen fans. Some crazier than others...but fans none the less.
    Word.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

The ones about Dancing
    Last Online

11.26.14 @ 12:50 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have made a mistake about the banning commit. I have only seen one poster on this site that was banned from this site. It is disheartening though that so many threads get locked up because of the fighting though. I just wish that posters would not take it so seriously. I personally enjoy reading and trying to communicate with all of the posters on this site. I am just a Van Halen fan logged in to this site to make friends not enemies and talk about the good times. I really have enjoyed chatting with all of you and would hate to see Van Squalen or any one else banned form here. That was not the intent of my post, I am sorry if a have offend any one with my comments but for me life is just too short I want to enjoy what is left of it. Sorry for the false statement I have made Brett it was a misunderstanding on my part.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Great points Brett.

I can't imagine taking all that time to research into a person's posts, then dedicate an entire thread just to vent about it all. I've never had a problem with VS, he actually expresses himself very well. Sometimes too well. Granted, some threads get out of hand but that's what makes things interesting around here.

I've only had trouble with a couple of people here but they're no longer around so it's not a big deal. Like I said, it makes things interesting around this place.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:46 AM
    Liked 1,619 Times in 996 Posts

Donor

I'd respond to your obviously painstakingly crafted research point by point, JMJ, as well as your underhanded threats like 'giving me fair warning,', but in the spirit of a new day as suggested by the boss, I"ll just be succinct and point out the recent change in our dealings.

We were friendly for the better part of four years. PMs, posts, mutual agreements abound. Remember? Then earlier this year, your mode changed.

You say it's only been the last couple weeks we've been going rounds. In fact, your attitude changed toward me months and months ago right around the time Van Halen 4 became a possibility and your buddy in Utah vacated the premises in a juvenile tizzy fit. Coincidence? Nope, and we both know it. Actually, more than just us two know it. It's pretty clear to anybody, if they follow board history among the regular posters.

I have no idea why you've decided to adopt a Max II troll role, but starting a feedback thread on how I'm the main culprit in the 'tude problems around here is a joke. I'm one of many, including yourself. Bottom line is, my methods aren't really different from anyone else back-slagging, other than the possible fact I'm better at it than many, and that apparently singles me out as 'the biggest nuisance ever,' in your words. But the sentiment and intent is exactly the same as you or anyone else exhibits in similar situations.

That said, I'll accept a ban if you will. Or we could just take the easy road and stop posting to each other as Brett suggested. That's what I'll do, anyway. This'll be the last time I acknowledge you. I will pretend you don't exist, your posts won't warrant any replies from me whether I agree with them or not. Time will tell if you have the discipline to do the same, or if you can keep your nose out of exchanges I may have with others that have nothing to do with you.
    Last edited by Van Squalen; 07.26.07 at 10:56 AM.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:25 AM
    Liked 973 Times in 390 Posts

never said you were the onyl one, i admiteed in this thread to my fair share.

as well, i don't know why you even have to bring max into this dude. i really do not. why do you even go there? this is between me n you. there was never a change in me. the hall of fame thing irritated the shit outta me, so i said fuck it for awhile, that along with the collapsed tour. yes, we had some nice pm's and whatnot in the past. i just never dug the way you kept hammering people is all.

that said, this has been a good thread so far and i think we are all understanding each other. be nice if all of us can just forget the last few months and roll onward. the point of this was not to get everyone into a tizzy, but to see how we can stop this. i can say i will make an effort on my part

hopefully in the coming days van halen fares better than the stock market

cya

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:25 AM
    Liked 6,851 Times in 3,588 Posts

Premium Member

I hope VS & JMJ can bury this hatchet somehow.

Not responding to each others posts or ignoring each other creates a huge void in some of the most entertaining discussions on this board.

I'm hoping they can both work it out and co-exist peacefully

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

11.27.15 @ 03:34 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    I hope VS & JMJ can bury this hatchet somehow.
    Why bring me into this?

. . . . .
    "The eagle lands at midnight: bacon burger ice cube over" ~ jetguy5150