Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

"Honolulu Baby" haha
    Last Online

04.19.16 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Sam-era fans and new music?

So assuming VH actually pulls their heads outta their asses and puts some new music out. How receptive are the Sammy fans gonna be to new music w/Dave? Most of you seem to have a great disliking for DLR and celebrate only the 86 and beyond catalog... I can't really recall the reaction when MWM first popped, but I seem to remember there was some reluctance on the part of the later-era fans only eventually warming up to it.

So now... NOW that we've all waited a fucking eternity for new music. Now that Sammy phoned it in on those last 3 tunes. Now that Mike's not on the tracks (at least we still had his backups on the Eddie bassline songs). Are you all still gonna give it a whirl? Are you interested to hear how it would sound, or have the Van Hagars checked out completely on anything Eddie's gonna put out? Is Dave such a deal killer that you're no longer interested in hearing Eddie play on new rock n roll tunes?

I should say I'm a fan of both eras, so this is in no way a sam-slam kinda thing. I'm just curious what the prevailing attitude is out there towards a new era of music (IF that ever happens).
    Put down the Cheetos, log off Mr. Skin, stop arguing like a bunch of old ladies, and GO OUTSIDE!

http://www.myspace.com/dragstripriot

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

For the most part the Sam fans are very respectful of the six pack and are fans of that era as well. It's the Dave only guys who couldn't stomach Van Hagar.

That being said. some of the more hardcore Sam fans are pretty hard on Dave and Ed these days, so I would expect that there will be some who won't be interested.

Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:55 AM
    Liked 1,612 Times in 992 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by knuck View Post
    Most of you seem to have a great disliking for DLR and celebrate only the 86 and beyond catalog...
    Complete fabrication. Show us one instance of a Linker stating as such, aside from a faking troll.

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Most of you seem to have a great disliking for DLR and celebrate only the 86 and beyond catalog... I can't really

Yeah, I've never really heard that here except for maybe a couple people out of whatever's here...15,000?

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

So assuming VH actually pulls their heads outta their asses and puts some new music out. How receptive are the Sammy fans gonna be to new music w/Dave? Most of you seem to have a great disliking for DLR and celebrate only the 86 and beyond catalog... I can't really recall the reaction when MWM first popped, but I seem to remember there was some reluctance on the part of the later-era fans only eventually warming up to it.

So now... NOW that we've all waited a fucking eternity for new music. Now that Sammy phoned it in on those last 3 tunes. Now that Mike's not on the tracks (at least we still had his backups on the Eddie bassline songs). Are you all still gonna give it a whirl? Are you interested to hear how it would sound, or have the Van Hagars checked out completely on anything Eddie's gonna put out? Is Dave such a deal killer that you're no longer interested in hearing Eddie play on new rock n roll tunes?

I should say I'm a fan of both eras, so this is in no way a sam-slam kinda thing. I'm just curious what the prevailing attitude is out there towards a new era of music (IF that ever happens).

I have yet to come across a single person, meeting in person or here, that was a Mach II only fan. I think that may be an urban myth fabricated by the DLR Army.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

"Honolulu Baby" haha
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Look ya drama-queens, instead of parsing out my post to look for something to stir up why don't you ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION?

As I already stated, this wasn't started to pick on Sammy fans because I could really give a fuck. I love Sam, there's a few albums I don't like by him but I have his entire old catalog and dig the first 2 VH albums with him. My opinions are just those, and are based on a general feeling I get from Sam fans. I was genuinely interested to see what the Sam fans thought, but now I'm not so sure.

You guys really aren't interested in the music any more are ya? Just the drama. Fucking sad.
    Last edited by knuck; 07.25.07 at 04:55 PM.
    Put down the Cheetos, log off Mr. Skin, stop arguing like a bunch of old ladies, and GO OUTSIDE!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

How receptive are the Sammy fans gonna be to new music w/Dave? Most of you seem to have a great disliking for DLR and celebrate only the 86 and beyond catalog...
    How can anyone ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION when anyone with any type of knowledge about this board KNOWS that MOST people here that are Van Hagar fans are also Van Roth fans TOO!!! FUCKER!!

Last Online

Donor

Look ya drama-queens, instead of parsing out my post to look for something to stir up why don't you ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION?

As I already stated, this wasn't started to pick on Sammy fans because I could really give a fuck. I love Sam, there's a few albums I don't like by him but I have his entire old catalog and dig the first 2 VH albums with him. My opinions are just those, and are based on a general feeling I get from Sam fans. I was genuinely interested to see what the Sam fans thought, but now I'm not so sure.

You guys really aren't interested in the music any more are ya? Just the drama. Fucking sad.

If new music is releassed, of course I will want to hear it. to tell you the truth though, I highly doubt we will ever hear any new music from this latest incarnation. Would I like to be proved wrong? Of course I would.

As far as calling people drama queens who called out what you posted? Whatever. I hope you're smart enough to realize that you would get some sort of reaction to that statement. To think otherwise is just plain naive, IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

"Honolulu Baby" haha
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So you're saying that everyone will be stuck on 'repeat' because their panties got so twisted over an assumption? Oh dear.

Well we know that most on this board would be MORE excited if there was new music with Sam, Ed, Al, and Wolf (yeah, I know that NO ONE is necessarily excited about Wolf). I'm wondering if now, after everything, those fans are cashing in their chips on Dave due to lackluster performances in the recent years, stage act becoming tiresome to them, VH drama, Wolfgang, resentments towards Eddie... I mean, we KNOW that plenty of people have said they don't want to attend the live shows. But what about recorded music? Is it going to be a similar fallout or do most still carry a hot enough torch to want to hear the band aside from spending butt-loads on a concert?

Do I have to exhaust myself every time I have an actual curiosity with regards to VH that other "fans" might have some insight on? Fuck people. Just play along. I don't come here often enough any more to follow up on argument threads. Man, I thought the whole "misunderstood" thing would end with my teens. ha ha. Hopefully I clarified that enough for y'all. And OneFootOutTheDoor, you can call me naive cuz I didn't think I'd have to put up with the same bickering that happens in main by posting a question based specifically on the music. Guess I'd hoped for more. My initial post wasn't nasty, wasn't name calling, or uber critical - Off-base to some? Sure. Enough to make a movie out of? No.
    Last edited by knuck; 07.25.07 at 05:11 PM.

Last Online

Donor

Maybe you just oughta word your posts with more skill and less 'tude.

Just a thought, drama queen.

Last Online

Donor

Well we know that most on this board would be MORE excited if there was new music with Sam, Ed, Al, and Wolf (yeah, I know that NO ONE is necessarily excited about Wolf).
    See, that right there is just plain stupid. Nobody would claim that. That's just a passive-aggressive way of saying you think this board is more pro-Sam than pro-Dave, which just isn't factual at all. The fact that there are more Sam fans here than other sites does not mean they outnumber Dave fan Linkers, nor Dave AND Sam fan Linkers.

Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

"Honolulu Baby" haha
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

And what I think is so important. Still didn't answer the question VD.

Last Online

Donor

knuck, Dave is not andnever was a deal killer. If this new tour had Sammy subbing for Dave, there would be MORE, not less resentment. I think you are incorrect in your assumption that the majority on this site would rather see Sam than Dave. That being said, I think that an album of new music from either singer would trump a tour only from roth or hagar. Personally, I would take an album any day of the week vs. a tour only, given the choice.

Given the fact that it looks like WVH is in for good, I think it would be in the bands best interest to get into the studio and record some tunes together and then go and play some dates. Having WVH go out on a greatest hits tour has me less than thrilled, to say the least. Will I still go without new music? Although I really am undecided, (which is amazing for me considering my past loyalty to the band) I will probably go with some reservations.

If VH had tried to do the same thing with Sammy in '86 and tour without new material, then that era would have crashed and burned faster than a house of matchsticks.

I just think that VH is setting themselves up to fail by going out without any new material at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last Online

Donor

And what I think is so important. Still didn't answer the question VD.
    No point in answering your queries if you ignore the fallacies in them.

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I wouldn't mind new Dave tunes.Wouldn't mind new Sam either.

I'm not sure Dave could pull it off any more.His voice has been total shit for a while....IMO \
    But maybe after a year in the studio they could make it sound half decent,I dunno..