Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default The Camper Thread

Any 'Linkers out there who camp, whether by tent, travel trailer or RV ???

The wife and I bought this hyrbid http://www.myrvdata.com/NORV/slideshow.php?id=9 last week, and we're looking forward to hitting the road for a couple of long weekends before Fall... We camped for the 1st time last Summer up at Lake George in a tent, but - early morning tent life sucked... Specially when having to unzip to zippers at 4am in the morning to unload those beers AND NOT wake the kids up at our feet... It's amazing how LOUD zippers are in dead silence....

Next Summer we plan on going to Hershey Park and Niagra Falls...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

The ones about Dancing
    Last Online

11.26.14 @ 12:50 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nice Camper man, I got a KZ Frontier it is a blast you will have a great time with it. My kids love going on trips in it, I practically live it the thing. Here in KY we have some great State parks with camp grounds, prices are really good to 18 to 25 a night. I want to trade up to a Toy hauler next year maybe. What do you pull it with?
    Last edited by Stiil_A_Fan; 07.24.07 at 08:20 PM.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Stiil_A_Fan View Post
    Nice Camper man, I got a KZ Frontier it is a blast you will have a great time with it. My kids love going on trips in it, I practically live it the thing. Here in KY with have some great State parks with camp grounds, prices are really good to 18 to 25 a night. I want to trade up to a Toy hauler next year maybe. What do you pull it with?
    2005 Mercury Mountaineer with the tow package... Didn't want a pop-up, and figured the 3400# lightweight hybrid would work OK... I'm -hoping- for 11-13MPG figures... Will find out tomorrow afternoon!

As long as I keep my apartments rented, I hope to have a new tow vehicle in a year or so, for LONGER trips...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Looks great.

My dads selling his big ass Montana 5th wheel. Some fucker broke out the big window in the back a few weeks ago......that's not cheap.

He had a 2nd AC unit put it, new toilet and a new washer dryer......

Almost a year ago, he pulled down to his lot on the river....got it stuck in the yard, and it's sat there ever since....now some punks are fuckin' it up....

Man those things don't do well with maintaining their value.....but there are cool to have.

As a kid I remember going camping all the time with my uncle and parents. Trail riding on motorcycles and sleeping in the camper and even riding to the campsite in the trailer.....holy shit what a no-no today.
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We have been camping a couple of times this year and are lucky to have had the use of my hubby's brother's 27' camper with a bump out. I have to laugh about using the term "camping" when staying in it because it's got all the comforts of home with a full bathroom, fridge, oven/stove, microwave, TV with DVD, stereo, air and heat. It's certainly a far cry from when we use to actually tent camp but I can't imagine doing that with little kids. I can rough it, no problem, but I don't think I could deal with them roughing it, LOL. We have stayed at a nice state park and had a great time. They have activities for the kids, the camp area has a private beach area and I don't have to shop for groceries before hand because there is a store just before you enter the park. I want to go again next month and the hubby definitely wants to do a fall trip which is his favorite time of the year.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Camper Van........

.....Beethoven
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

The ones about Dancing
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    2005 Mercury Mountaineer with the tow package... Didn't want a pop-up, and figured the 3400# lightweight hybrid would work OK... I'm -hoping- for 11-13MPG figures... Will find out tomorrow afternoon!

As long as I keep my apartments rented, I hope to have a new tow vehicle in a year or so, for LONGER trips...
    That should be fine I got a 03 Durango with the 4.7 and the tow package it pulls it with no problem. Did it come with the hitch and draw bars? I don’t like the pop-ups ether. You should get good mileage but once you get over 60 mph that will change.

Just one word of advice check for leaks around the faucets and toilet inlet before you leave the water hooked up. I had just bought mine hooked up the city water and took the kids to the pool when I came back it had leaked. There is a connection on the back of the toilet just make sure it is tight.

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

The ones about Dancing
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Camper Van........

.....Beethoven
    I wondered how long it would be before you showed up. What dose that have to do with camping FORD.

When I was kid growing up in Washington State my Dad had camper and we would go to Mount Hood and Rainer it was a good times I will never forget it. In 09 I plain to take a trip back out there. Go see what the place looks like now days and visit family. Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio has two real nice camp grounds; I spent weak up there in this last spring.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Did it come with the hitch and draw bars?
    Yes, the trailer came with new a weight distributing hitch, bars and electric brake controller installed... We were going to pick it up today, but I pointed out something that I was told would be repaired by the salesman, and then the service tech pointed out two other issues HE saw and didn't like... So they are fixing all items tomorrow... The sales approach was SO hassle-free, but the service tech's attitude of making sure what we drive off is 100%, was better in the end...

Although I never buy extended warranties on anything, I did feel that the four-year, front to rear, 100% parts AND LABOR warranty for $1200 was worth it...

We plan on going for a couple "local" weekend trips... Other than the sense of BEING FAR AWAY from home, there's not much difference to a local campground 40 minutes away, when compared to a campground 4 hours away...

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I head up to Lake Superior once a month in the summer. I usually go for four days, and stay in the cart-in sites. The sites are right along the shore, away from the main campground, and separated by 150 feet or so. I absolutely hate being able to see my neighbors when I go camping. For the cart-in sites you've got to load all of your stuff onto these little carts. My favorite site is about a half-mile haul from the parking area.

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member

I wondered how long it would be before you showed up. What dose that have to do with camping FORD.
    Yep, hell fuck up every thread that he can for no reason at all. Unless it's about his freakish love for David Lee Roth. Then he's all over it like a fat kit at a donut store. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    I head up to Lake Superior once a month in the summer. I usually go for four days, and stay in the cart-in sites. I absolutely hate being able to see my neighbors when I go camping.
    That sounds cool as hell, Mike. Some of my runnin' buddies are ex salty dogs from the forces and we'll role up over in the high country of New Mexico for a few days. Love the shit out of it. We used to find these Aspin groves and build some make shift huts and spend a couple of days doing nothing at all. Great stuff. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

The ones about Dancing
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Although I never buy extended warranties on anything, I did feel that the four-year, front to rear, 100% parts AND LABOR warranty for $1200 was worth it......
    I am the same way but I did get the warranties on my too, it is transferable, and if your Ice Box or AC goes out it will cost that much easy.

We plan on going for a couple "local" weekend trips... Other than the sense of BEING FAR AWAY from home, there's not much difference to a local campground 40 minutes away, when compared to a campground 4 hours away...
    That is a good point like I said we have some great state parks here close by with some really nice camp grounds and the prices are unbeatable. The biggest differences between 40 min trip and a 4 hour trip is your gasoline consumption. LOL But I love to travel I have my whole life the nice part between hotels and the RV is you dont got to un pack when you get there then repack when you leave or forget some thing in the hotel. LOL

Well congratulations on your new RV, and welcome to the RV world, you & your family will love it.

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

The ones about Dancing
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by track 5 View Post
    Yep, hell fuck up every thread that he can for no reason at all. Unless it's about his freakish love for David Lee Roth. Then he's all over it like a fat kit at a donut store. Out.

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

The ones about Dancing
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by track 5 View Post
    That sounds cool as hell, Mike. Some of my runnin' buddies are ex salty dogs from the forces and we'll role up over in the high country of New Mexico for a few days. Love the shit out of it. We used to find these Aspin groves and build some make shift huts and spend a couple of days doing nothing at all. Great stuff. Out.
    One of my favorite camping trips will always be a two day canoe trip me and my cousin (RIP) did down The Cumberland River we stopped in the middle, and camped on a sand bar. I brought a bottle of turkey and we camped built a fire cooked it was like we where kids again.