Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

01.15.18 @ 12:19 PM
    Liked 1,237 Times in 452 Posts

Default Alli "The Diarrhea Diet"

How badly do you want to be skinny? Is it worth soiling your underwear?

Those questions will likely confront users of the new Alli, the first over-the-counter diet drug approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

Fat chance Alli (pronounced al-EYE) went on sale for the first time this month a stronger prescription form, Xenical, has been available since 1999 and its promotional material alone makes for strong medicine: The drug, which helps people lose small amounts of weight, can cause oily discharges, uncontrolled bowel movements, and gas if you eat too much fat.

Its marketing effort makes an impression by telling users to wear dark pants and carry extra clothes in case they soil themselves.

"Well, that sounds attractive, doesn't it?" Jay Leno cracked Monday on "The Tonight Show." "You lost a couple of pounds, and you're on a date with that special girl. 'Excuse me while I change my pants.'"

NBC's Conan O'Brien also spoke up to pooh-pooh Alli, suggesting that "the drug comes in three forms: pills, capsules and chimichangas."

Even the serious Boston-based Prescription Access Litigation Project, which often sues drug companies, got gleeful. It gave the drug's maker, GlaxoSmithKline P.L.C., its 'With Allies Like This, Who Needs Enemas?' Award for Irresponsibly Selling a Formerly Prescription-Only Weight Loss Drug Over-the-Counter.

The drug's backers say that the embarrassment is exaggerated and that the effects can be managed by a low-fat diet.

Only half of all users had "fecal urgency" or related effects in clinical trials, and just 5 percent quit for those reasons, said Vidhu Bansal, director of medical affairs for GlaxoSmithKline's consumer health division.

"They actually served as a positive feedback stool," she said. "It reminded them that they cheated on their diet."

Caroline Apovian, a Boston physician who wrote "The Alli Diet Plan," which shows how to minimize problems by eating low-fat foods, said she did not understand the shame people might feel over losing bowel control. "It's also embarrassing to be obese," said Apovian, who was a paid consultant to GlaxoSmithKline in getting Alli approved for over-the-counter sales. "It's embarrassing to be dead."

http://blogher.org/node/21778
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

07.12.08 @ 04:41 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I accidentally discovered my own way to lose weight: Eat at a Sharis Restuarant and get a case of food poisoning. Five days of the RUNS will do the trick.
    Respects.

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

I thought products like these were already on the market? It basically makes you poo the fat out of your system and can turn a low fat diet into a really low fat one with no real nastiness. Problem being, is people think they can eat loads of fatty junk, take these and the world is good... my friend took them... then had a pepperoni pizza... very bad move!!
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

01.15.18 @ 10:29 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Some people won't even have to pay for the new diet since diarrhea is hereditary. It runs in your "jeans".
    Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by stilleddiesangel View Post
    I thought products like these were already on the market?
    Yes, but this is the 1st to be FDA Approved...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Summer Nights in Cabo View Post
    Some people won't even have to pay for the new diet since diarrhea is hereditary. It runs in your "jeans".
    Fucking great!

I remember when this was new, and I read this in the Chicago Sun-Times. I didn't bother reading this article because the one in there told me all I needed to know.

"Wear dark clothes to work and bring an extra pair." Or my favorite, "will cause oily discharge and loose, frequent stools."

What happened to the traditional way of dieting? Why put yourself through this shit? (no pun intended) I'm no expert since I've never had to worry about it, based on my age, but my mom even said she'd never use this, and continues to stick to her dieting methods.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

01.20.18 @ 09:31 PM
    Liked 3,147 Times in 1,844 Posts

Premium Member

I've been using it. I started a big diet and excercize routine Memorial Day Weekend. I have lost over 22 lbs, and started taking the Alli July 1. I haven't crapped myself or anything. No side effects for me, I just know that about 25% of the fat I would normally absorb and have to work off during my diet and excersize routine is now disposed of, so I get almost an extra lb off every week or so...worked ok for me.

Of course, I also work out for over an hour a day, so my excersize routine of abs, push ups, and treadmill is more than the average Joe jogging a mile 3 days a week.

Last Online

10.19.15 @ 11:50 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts

Same here! I think they just have to prep the idiots that take it, think they can now be a pig, and still lose lbs.!

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by C5150 View Post
    Same here! I think they just have to prep the idiots that take it, think they can now be a pig, and still lose lbs.!
    How long have you been on it, and what was your starting weight and your now-weight?

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

07.12.08 @ 04:41 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by C5150 View Post
    Yeah, I believe that people need to be truthfully responsible in what they eat and how they use that fuel for energy.

I'll tell ya, we basically spoil these drug companies.
    Respects.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.24.17 @ 09:39 PM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    Caroline Apovian, a Boston physician who wrote "The Alli Diet Plan," which shows how to minimize problems by eating low-fat foods, said she did not understand the shame people might feel over losing bowel control. "It's also embarrassing to be obese," said Apovian, who was a paid consultant to GlaxoSmithKline in getting Alli approved for over-the-counter sales. "It's embarrassing to be dead."

I bet she weighs 110 lbs. And bless her heart, she's never shit herself, apparently.

Honey, when you figure out that wearing plus-sized clothing is not nearly as embarrassing as walking out of a crowded restaurant with that not-so-fresh feeling/scent, or dropping mud on Aisle 5 at the local Food Lion, then you can get back to us on the emotional dynamics of the situation, okay, toots?