Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 09:20 AM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Fort Bragg Soldier Charged With Spreading HIV

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. An HIV-positive Fort Bragg soldier has been charged with knowingly spreading the virus to a teenage boy, WRAL.com reports.

Private First Class Johnny Lamar Dalton was charged last week by civilian authorities in Cumberland County with assault with a deadly weapon, misdemeanor assault and committing a crime against nature. He is being held under a $50,000 bond and faces the same charges from the military.

Dalton was arrested after the Fort Bragg military police and the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office conducted a five-month-long investigation, where they found that the 25-year-old was engaged in a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old boy he found in a gay online chatroom and then met in person, the boy's mother told WRAL.com.

Last November, Dalton signed a written order agreeing to not have unprotected sex and to notify a partner before he did, a spokesperson for the 82nd Airborn Division told WRAL.com.

His encounters with the boy continued despite the order and despite his having a wife and children. In February, doctors conducting routine blood tests reportedly found that the otherwise healthy teen was HIV positive.

The boy, now 18, and his mother went to Fort Bragg military police and then to the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office.

"My son received it [HIV] unwillingly," the teen's mother told WRAL.com. "If you willingly and knowingly ... and you purposefully do something, you should suffer the consequences."

Both the boy's mother and military investigators told WRAL.com they are worried that Dalton might have infected other people who have not come forward. The mother has said she thinks that the Army should have better control over soldiers known to be infected with HIV or AIDS.

Dalton is a member of the 22nd Aviation Support Battalion and is not allowed to deploy because of the virus.

Military and civilian prosecutors will meet to decide who will take the case to court. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for August 2.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

There are plenty of military members who aren't allowed to deploy, for various reasons. That's no big deal. It's not surprising to see a gay man with a wife and children, either.

The surprising thing is that the Army knew about him being HIV-positive, yet didn't discharge him. Medical discharges aren't uncommon.

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Mike, with troop levels at an all-time low; and not as many willing teens, eager to jump in; it doesn't surprize me that they would keep him in. Especially if he's in an MOS that involves a lot of technical training. Last year alone, 12-15% of the Army enlistee's had to be given waivers to allow them in with criminal records.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

The Army has had low standards for enlistment ever since I was in during the late 1990s. They were supplementing basic training with reading and arithmetic classes. The Air Force was actively recruiting foreign nationals--I served with a German, Mexican, and a Columbian. They made up almost half of my observing section.

Who gets in the door is different than who gets kicked out of it, though. This still surprises me. I'd think that having even one HIV-positive individual would change so many procedures that the costs would dictate that he goes, even if the condition itself didn't.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.27.07 @ 01:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I should know the Navy Marine Corps policy concerning HIV since I sat through a class given by an HIV positive Sergeant where he explained his case and the specific policies involved, but I have forgotten much of it.

I was surprised at the Marine Corps view (via their policy) on the subject, it was fairly open minded. The person giving the class was a Sergeant in the Marine Corps. At the time he was attending the same class I was attending (Non Commissioned Officer Resident Course, this was 1996) and pretty much did exactly what I did for a living. I think that once his illness reached a certain stage he was to be discharged. And I also remember it being viewed in a similar fashion as other types of injuries. In other words he was eligible for disability under certain circumstances just like I currently am (I am medically retired due to a leg injury, though I don't know the retirement rate for HIV positive service members, I doubt it's very high).

Anyway, it was a good class he put together and it changed the views of most in the room at the time. The dude had balls and did a great job of explaining a specific side of a difficult and divisive issue. I got a better score then him for my class (I had to follow that!) and I remember being up in arms about it. My class couldn't touch his class, not by a long shot.

For information purposes only here is the NAVMC policy concerning the subject, it should mirror the other services as well.

http://www.usmc.mil/directiv.nsf/bc9ae2674a92558d852569140064e9d8/b1b24153c434acfb85256d6b005f55b3/$FILE/NAVMC%202904.pdf
    Last edited by willy4pres; 07.17.07 at 02:04 PM.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

82nd Airborne......has...........a .......problem.....with....never mind....
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300