Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Singer shot dead on stage

CHEYENNE, Wyoming (AP) -- A woman was shot and killed early Saturday while she sang with a band at a restaurant and bar, police said. They were looking for her estranged husband, a National Guardsman who they said had sniper training.

Robin Munis was shot in the head with one gunshot that came from outside the Old Chicago restaurant where she had been performing just after midnight, Cheyenne police Capt. Jeff Schulz said. No one else in the restaurant was hurt.

Witnesses saw her husband, David Munis, in the area, but no one has reported seeing the shot fired, Schulz said. No weapon was found, but Schulz said investigators believe a rifle was used.

Police are looking for David Munis, 36, the estranged husband of a woman shot to death early Saturday.

The couple had recently separated, and Robin Munis, 40, of Cheyenne, had complained about receiving harassing calls from her husband as recently as Friday, Schulz said.

"We are working solely on him being the suspect," Schulz said at a news conference. He described David Munis as "very dangerous."

David Munis, 36, is a second lieutenant in the Wyoming Army National Guard who is attached to the guard's training camp, according to guard spokeswoman Deidre Forster. Schulz said Munis received sniper training from the military, but Forster said she didn't know whether he did or not.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Well, he certainly looks creepy in that pic.....

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Secrets
    Last Online

09.20.12 @ 11:11 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

A. That's a shame.

B. Right now there's a few of my old bandmates that read that headline and were hoping it was me, lol.
    Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut Bitch!

Eruption
    Last Online

09.23.13 @ 06:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow. That is fucked up fo' sho'.

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

Why isn't he in Iraq using his sniper expertise over there? Fuckin' asshole!
    2-time Fantasy Baseball Champion.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

How sad. I hope she didn't leave any kids.

That guy looks pretty creepy. Jeez you think you're safe in a public place surrounded by people but this proves otherwise. Kinda scary.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Album

5150,Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

5150,Women in Love
    Last Online

04.02.14 @ 04:23 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smithjc View Post
    How sad. I hope she didn't leave any kids.

That guy looks pretty creepy. Jeez you think you're safe in a public place surrounded by people but this proves otherwise. Kinda scary.

Yeah,that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Gotta watch yourself more and more everyday.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

eruption
    Last Online

12.22.07 @ 09:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VanMan2000 View Post
    A. That's a shame.

B. Right now there's a few of my old bandmates that read that headline and were hoping it was me, lol.
    Do you suffer from LSD?

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

You can only hear "Mony Mony" so many times before you snap.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

CHEYENNE, Wyo. Police on Tuesday found the black Dodge pickup truck of a sniper suspected in the fatal shooting of his wife as she sang on stage in a Wyoming restaurant.

Authorities found the vehicle in a canyon near Laramie after a tip from a caller, who also claimed to have spotted David Munis, 36, about 45 miles west of where his wife, Robin Munis, was shot dead as she sang with her band at the Old Chicago restaurant.

"He is our sole suspect right now," Cheyenne Police Capt. Jeff Shulz told FOX News.

Shulz said police had not yet searched the vehicle, which had National Guard license plates, but sources told FOX News that investigators had found an empty handgun case and that two canteens were missing from the truck.

A Blackhawk helicopter was aiding the ground search for David Munis, who was believed to be on foot.

Lead singer Ty Warner, who was standing next to Robin Munis as a bullet shattered the eatery's glass door and struck her in the head as she performed on stage Saturday, recalled the shooting.

I heard a pop and there was a puff of smoke," said the Ty and the Twisters bandmate, adding that he thought a spilled drink on the electrical equipment had caused the smoke before realizing Robin Munis had been shot.

Warner said Munis, 40, who recently had moved out of her home with her four children during the estrangement process, continued to balance her responsibilities to her family and to the band.

"She was a consummate professional," he said.

Police don't know what kind of guns David Munis may be armed with, but after searching his home, they assumed he had at least one high-powered rifle with him. Shulz has said the search also turned up evidence connecting Munis to the shooting, though he did not elaborate.

Munis has been a member of the Wyoming Army National Guard since 2003, previously in the U.S. Army and was a 2001 graduate of the Army Sniper School at Ft. Benning, Ga., according to the National Guard.

"Apprehending a man with that kind of sniper skill and the weaponry he has available to him is an extremely dangerous type of proposition," Shulz said Monday.

Neighbors Laura and Eddie Lopez said they didn't see any violence between the Munises, who they said were a very friendly couple.

The Laramie County Coroner, Marty Luna, center right, consoles the son of Robin Munis, outside the Old Chicago restaurant.

Between them, the Munises had four children, ages 19, 17, 13 and 5.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Very good looking gal.....

I hope they catch that SOB! Sounds like she left him and he got jealous and went berserk. He'll probably end up killing himself,which he should have just done and left the mother of his 4 kids alone.....

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

COWARD

CHEYENNE, Wyo.

A military sharpshooter accused of killing his estranged wife as she sang at a bar was found Tuesday night with a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest and died after being taken to the hospital, the local sheriff's department confirmed to FOX News.

Wyoming Army National Guardsman David Munis was found by a search team and flown to Ivinson Memorial Hospital in Laramie, said Cheyenne police Capt. Jeff Schulz.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

http://www.myspace.com/cheyennebluecountry

Her kid's messages to her on her MySpace site...

-Daughter
    dear mama, friday was quite the day! i can see you sittin next to me in the car with the wind blowing through your hair.. And lord have mercy- you kept playin "safe in the arms of love". And mama, it was 11:59 and you looked over and were so relieved friday the 13th was almost over! but remember i was your friday the 13th baby- with a full moon! i got up to go to the restroom.. and remember that cutie chris? i was so talkin to him when i heard the shot.. ran back and you weren't there. I didn't know what to do. Sounds weird and only you would understand.. but i just need you here to hold my hand through all of this. You are my hero. My best friend. And most of all the best mama in the world. I love you. Forever and ever... and every morning you'll hear me saying 'good morning beautiful!'. i love you!

-Son
    hey mom. im sorry. it was never suppose to end this way. all these people who never talk to me started acting like my best friends. lol. your famous down here! even tho you were not looking for this kinda fame. lol. i guess dave can get his fame in on "cops" lol. miss u love you
    Last edited by voivod; 07.17.07 at 08:36 PM.

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    COWARD

CHEYENNE, Wyo.

A military sharpshooter accused of killing his estranged wife as she sang at a bar was found Tuesday night with a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest and died after being taken to the hospital, the local sheriff's department confirmed to FOX News.

Wyoming Army National Guardsman David Munis was found by a search team and flown to Ivinson Memorial Hospital in Laramie, said Cheyenne police Capt. Jeff Schulz.

I called it....

Webmaster/Graphic Artist Top Timmy's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.28.16 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

He's dead now.
    Webmaster/Graphic Artist
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com