Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 04:35 AM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Baby's Recurring 'Bye Bye, Plane' Comment Got Them Kicked Off Airplane

ATLANTA — The mother of a 19-month-old boy says she and her son were kicked off a plane after she refused a stewardess' request to medicate her son to keep him from talking.

The mother says she wants answers and action after she and her baby were kicked off a plane.

Kate Penland said she was glad to board the plane in Houston after an 11-hour delay to visit her father in Oklahoma. But she said a rude and aggressive flight attendant caused her to get to Oklahoma a day late.

Penland thinks her 19-month-old son, Garren, has a bubbly personality. But Penland said when they were aboard a Continental Express plane, a flight attendant became annoyed by Garren’s personality when he kept saying three words.

“As we started taxiing, he started saying ‘Bye, bye plane,’ said Penland. “At the end of her speech, she leaned over the gentleman beside me and said, ‘It’s not funny anymore. You need to shut your baby up.’

In disbelief, Penland asked the woman if she was kidding. It was then, Penland said, the flight attendant went too far.

“She then said, ‘You know, it’s called baby Benadryl. And I said, 'Well, I'm not going to drug my child so you have a pleasant flight.'

Penland said when the other passengers began speaking up on her behalf, the flight attendant got angrier and soon announced they were turning around and that Penland and Garren were going to be taken off the plane.

“I was crying, I was upset and I was thinking, ‘What am I going to do? I don’t have anything with me, I don’t have anymore diapers for the baby, no juice, no milk,” said Penland.

The young mother said she later learned the flight attendant told the pilot that she had threatened her. Penland said that never happened.

Express Jet Airlines released a statement that said, "We received Ms. Penland’s letter expressing her concerns and intend to investigate its contents."

A fellow passenger told Channel 2's Rachel Kim none of the other passengers had problems with Garren and that Penland never threatened the flight attendant.
    Last edited by voivod; 07.13.07 at 04:52 AM.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

I wonder what that 19-month old knows. You know the terrorists prefer to begin development at a young age so something like this doesn't surprise me. I hope they send this kid down to Guantanamo, hook him up with some electrodes and do a fierce interrogation. Yeah, who's laughing now, kid? "Bye, bye, baby"

..in all seriousness, what a ridiculous story.
    2-time Fantasy Baseball Champion.

Baseball Season!
    Favorite VH Album

VHII / Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street / Judgement Day
    Last Online

05.11.09 @ 03:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sounds like a certain stewardess needs a little lovin'. That or a Midol.
    "Your right little girl. If women ruled the world there wouldn't be any more war; all the countries would just nag each other to death"
    Archie Bunker

"Any man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough"
    Captain Augustus McCrae in "Lonesome Dove"

"He has erected a Multitude of new Offices, and sent hither Swarms of Officers to harrass our People, and eat out their Substance." - The Declaration of Independence

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

That stewardess needs to look for another job, one where she doesn't have to deal with people. I hope she gets fired.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Last Online

01.08.08 @ 05:20 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Can you say, "bye, bye plane... hello lawsuit"? I knew that you could.
    Psalms 75:10: "All the horns of the wicked also will I cut off; BUT THE HORNS OF THE RIGHTEOUS SHALL BE EXALTED."

J.A.S. 8/10/1936 - 10/28/2006. I miss you, Mom.

My favorite number used to be 5150. Now, it's 41-38.
    Texas Longhorns: 2005 National Champions!!!

Political Correctness means always having to say you're sorry.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I do not alter it any further."

"[T]he only way you're gonna get fulfilled is to sit right there in that front row and just get your face bashed in." - Sammy Hagar

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Utterly fucking ridiculous...

is wrong with people today?! How exactly did our society go from 9/11 to thinking a 19-month old has 'knowledge' of a terrorist plot?! Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzz...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 07:00 AM
    Liked 548 Times in 329 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Before we start demanding some person lose their ability to pay their bills by being fired, might we stop to consider that we have ONE side of this story, supported by some nosy busybody who desparately wanted to jump in front of a reporter to get some attention, and who may not have even seen the actual incident that got her booted?

Frankly, this one stinks of being true, but I've seen enough of this shit twisted around until it barely resembles anything remotely accurate that I'm willing to wait and see. Not that we'll ever hear about this story again, since either the airline will cough up some dough to avoid further publicity, or the woman will go away because she wasn't being truthful about what happened, and God forbid the press print THAT story...

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Nope. Fire her ass!
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by sixstring View Post
    Utterly fucking ridiculous...

is wrong with people today?! How exactly did our society go from 9/11 to thinking a 19-month old has 'knowledge' of a terrorist plot?!
    Constant fear programming from a corporate whore media, maybe?
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jrk5150 View Post
    Before we start demanding some person lose their ability to pay their bills by being fired, might we stop to consider that we have ONE side of this story, supported by some nosy busybody who desparately wanted to jump in front of a reporter to get some attention, and who may not have even seen the actual incident that got her booted?

Frankly, this one stinks of being true, but I've seen enough of this shit twisted around until it barely resembles anything remotely accurate that I'm willing to wait and see. Not that we'll ever hear about this story again, since either the airline will cough up some dough to avoid further publicity, or the woman will go away because she wasn't being truthful about what happened, and God forbid the press print THAT story...
    Agreed. With barely a handful of "facts", a news story hits the wire and presto: Instant indignation by the rightously offended.

However, I will aknowledge the general unease many folk feel in regard to travel, particularlly plane travel, since 9/11. One must admit, a small, inocent child repeating the words "Bye, Bye plane" is a tad too "Stephen King", even for me.

While asking to drug the child is an over-reaction, a simple "For the comfort of your fellow passengers, would you please address your child" would have sufficed, and most certainly was called for.

A stressed out flight attendant made a poor decision. A woman traveling with a 19 month old child no doubt was equally on edge. Sadly, no-one with a cooler head intervened, leading to the plane being turned around and everyone inconvenienced, obviously not the first time this year an airline has miss-served it's passengers.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

eruption
    Last Online

12.22.07 @ 09:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think the lady should have just shut her kid up in the bathroom or something then when the flight landed have a kick ass catfight on the concourse.

Last Online

11.22.07 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by osolomeo View Post
    I think the lady should have just shut her kid up in the bathroom or something then when the flight landed have a kick ass catfight on the concourse.
    Heh, when my family and I went to Chicago the follwoing Summer after 9/11, my young boy who was about 3 at the time kept saying "we're all gonna die" before we took off. Totally out of character for him as he loved flying. Nothing happened although we got some wierd looks from other passengers and we managed to get him quieted down before takeoff but *I* wanted to get off the plane! I felt like I was in an out take from "Final Destination" or something.

T.B.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

sounds like the good guys foiled another plain hijacking to me...Follow me here...
    the terrorists recruit a young white woman to take over a plain and fly it into something. They do this because they know that Muslim men aren't allowed on airplanes anymore. To give her even more cover, they give her a baby. A few minutes after take off she was to unleash the plan but the baby ruined it because it was so excited at the prospect of blowing up a building with the plain that it kept saying "bye bye plain." As in...bye bye motherfuckers, we ALL GONNA DIE! OOOH YEAH!"

I say give that stewardess a fucking medal and a trip to the Lincoln bedroom! Goooooodddd Blesssss America!! Stand beside her and guide her bitches!!!

Favorite VH Album

5150-Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.22.16 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    sounds like the good guys foiled another plain hijacking to me...Follow me here...
    the terrorists recruit a young white woman to take over a plain and fly it into something. They do this because they know that Muslim men aren't allowed on airplanes anymore. To give her even more cover, they give her a baby. A few minutes after take off she was to unleash the plan but the baby ruined it because it was so excited at the prospect of blowing up a building with the plain that it kept saying "bye bye plain." As in...bye bye motherfuckers, we ALL GONNA DIE! OOOH YEAH!"

I say give that stewardess a fucking medal and a trip to the Lincoln bedroom! Goooooodddd Blesssss America!! Stand beside her and guide her bitches!!!
    Dude, learn to spell.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 04:35 AM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

An 8-year-old boy expecting to catch a plane home is denied entry for appearing on a terrorist no-fly list, reported http://MyFoxKansasCity.com.

Bryan Moore was set to catch his first plane trip when he arrived at an airport in Cortez, Colorado to fly home after visiting his sister, said the report.

"They almost got me scheduled in and then the lady just bowed her head and said, 'We can't get you on this plane, you're a terrorist,'" Moore said.

The soon-to-be third grader was red flagged as a threat to national security because his name popped up on the national watch list.

According to the Transportation Security Administration, no children are on the terrorist watch list. The TSA said if a child's name matches up, it's up the airline to make the necessary changes and let them board the plane.

"It's not really fair that I couldn't get home because another man in the world was a terrorist," Moore said.

Great Lake Airlines eventually cleared up the situation, but the plane had already left, making him wait another day to come home.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton