Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Al Qaeda Alive & Well, Coming to America

WASHINGTON Al Qaeda is stepping up its efforts to sneak terror operatives into the United States and has acquired most of the capabilities it needs to strike here, according to a new U.S. intelligence assessment, The Associated Press has learned.

The draft National Intelligence Estimate is expected to paint an increasingly worrisome portrait of Al Qaeda's ability to use its base along the Pakistan-Afghan border to launch and inspire attacks, even as Bush administration officials say the U.S. is safer nearly six years into the war on terror.

Among the key findings of the classified estimate, which is still in draft form and must be approved by all 16 U.S. spy agencies:

Al Qaeda is probably still pursuing chemical, biological or nuclear weapons and would use them if its operatives developed sufficient capability.

The terror group has been able to restore three of the four key tools it would need to launch an attack on U.S. soil: a safe haven in Pakistan's tribal areas, operational lieutenants and senior leaders. It could not immediately be learned what the missing fourth element is.

The group will bolster its efforts to position operatives inside U.S. borders. In public statements, U.S. officials have expressed concern about the ease with which people can enter the United States through Europe because of a program that allows most Europeans to enter without visas.

The document also discusses increasing concern about individuals already inside the United States who are adopting an extremist brand of Islam.

National Intelligence Estimates are the most authoritative written judgments that reflect the consensus long-term thinking of senior intelligence analysts.

Government officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the report has not been finalized, described it as an expansive look at potential threats within the United States and said it required the cooperation of a number of national security agencies, including the CIA, FBI, Homeland Security Department and National Counterterrorism Center.

National security officials met at the White House on Thursday about the intelligence estimate and related counterterrorism issues. The tentative plan is to release a declassified version of the report and brief Congress on Tuesday, one government official said.

Ross Feinstein, spokesman for National Intelligence Director Mike McConnell, declined to discuss the document's specific contents. But he said it would be consistent with statements made by senior government officials at congressional hearings and elsewhere.

The estimate echoes the findings of another analysis prepared by the National Counterterrorism Center earlier this year and disclosed publicly on Wednesday. That report titled "Al Qaeda better positioned to strike the West" found the terrorist group is "considerably operationally stronger than a year ago" and has "regrouped to an extent not seen since 2001," a counterterrorism official familiar with the reports findings told The Associated Press.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

Al Qaeda? Alive and well? Oh good, I was so worried. Well I can't wait to see them. It's been a while. I heard they're doing 3 shows at Madison Square Garden.
    2-time Fantasy Baseball Champion.

Eruption
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 03:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I do believe this report.

But don't you think the timing is, um, perfect? This coming out the same week as Congress voting to bring the troops home in '08 (sorry, can't see that happening). What a mess.

As the political machine turns.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

eruption
    Last Online

12.22.07 @ 09:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The scary part is there is no way we will ever be able to stop terrorism because we cannot kill hatred, only God can. The Jews have lived with terrorist attacks forever and I guess we'll have to accept it now too. The hopeful part is, if a little nation like Israel, which Al Queda hates 100 fold more than the USA can survive and stave off disaster, then maybe we can too. The difference is that Israel's population isn't as diverse as our and most if not close to all are Israeli, most of ours is loyal to other nations and I really don't think they would die for America like Jews would die for Israel. It's a shite state of affairs because you know these monguerrals are salivating at the thought of a huge nuclear strike killing millions of Westerners. Uh, happy Friday?

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.27.07 @ 01:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I bet we could kill THIS hatred, if we really put some effort into it.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by willy4pres View Post
    I bet we could kill THIS hatred, if we really put some effort into it.
    We have put a lot of effort into it and I am thankful that the Dept of Homeland Security has managed to keep us safe for almost 6 years now, but it is safe to say that most Americans hear a loud ticking (especially Californians and New Yorkers) of the terrorists clock and the time is growing short. I think that we should focus a hell of a lot of our military might on Pakistan and these "rugged boarder areas" that seem to be hiding the extemeist ilk. What the fuck are we waiting for? Whether Pakistan is an ally or not, step aside...this shit (Al Queda hide outs and training camps) is going down in your country and we are going to fucking end it and end it now. Oh I forgot, there is no oil in Pakistan

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

06.22.15 @ 03:18 PM
    Liked 12 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

i think part of the myth is that the more of them we kill, the more will attack us.

someone pointed out a few weeks ago that dropping the bomb on japan stopped a far more fierce and capable enemy than these shit heads.

if they hit us again it's going to hurt them (and unfortunately all muslims everywhere) a lot more than it hurts us.

it's just going to be a matter of dealing with china and russia at that point.

we are vulnerable at home and losing in the middle east right now out of politesse. which is a weird and funny logic loop. if you piss us off enough to drop our luxury combination of ideology and apathy, you're going to lose and the world is going to look a whole lot different.
    not another dime from me, fellas...

tinzen

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by willyum View Post
    i think part of the myth is that the more of them we kill, the more will attack us.

someone pointed out a few weeks ago that dropping the bomb on japan stopped a far more fierce and capable enemy than these shit heads.

if they hit us again it's going to hurt them (and unfortunately all muslims everywhere) a lot more than it hurts us.

we are vulnerable at home and losing in the middle east right now out of politesse. which is a weird and funny logic loop. if you piss us off enough to drop our luxury combination of ideology and apathy, you're going to lose and the world is going to look a whole lot different.
    Ok, where do you drop this bomb then? These fucklets do not have a country because they are smart enough to know that we would turn it into a bright Orange crater. We can't use small tacticle nukes because any damage to another country from fall out could trigger a retaliation and a whole lot more piss and vinegar than America is seeing now. The whole thing is a political mindfuck that could easily send the world into a downward spiral at warp speed. I could definitely use some optimism about this topic but all I seem to see is the worst case scenario (enter Jesus)

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Al Qaeda does not fucking exist!!

Get that goddamned reality through your heads AND STOP BELIEVING THE LIES THAT COME FROM A FUCKING CRIME FAMILY WHICH HAS BETRAYED THIS NATION FOR OVER A CENTURY. The very same crime family who trained Osama Bin Laden to be a terrorist in the first place. Meanwhile, his brother was bankrolling Chimpy's first oil company.

http://www.wanttoknow.info/powerofnightmares
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 07:35 PM
    Liked 6,711 Times in 3,729 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by willyum View Post

this isn't an army that is based somewhere that you're attacking. The problem is that the enemy is within your own country and all of your allies. This is the old needle in a haystack issue. So you have 2 options, (1) continue to search for the enemy that you know you won't ever find or (2) stop the reason for their very existence.

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Al Qaeda does not fucking exist!!

Get that goddamned reality through your heads AND STOP BELIEVING THE LIES THAT COME FROM A FUCKING CRIME FAMILY WHICH HAS BETRAYED THIS NATION FOR OVER A CENTURY. The very same crime family who trained Osama Bin Laden to be a terrorist in the first place. Meanwhile, his brother was bankrolling Chimpy's first oil company.

http://www.wanttoknow.info/powerofnightmares
    Chimpy's brother was also Head of Security at the Twin Towers thru 9/10/01.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by osolomeo View Post
    Ok, where do you drop this bomb then? These fucklets do not have a country because they are smart enough to know that we would turn it into a bright Orange crater. We can't use small tacticle nukes because any damage to another country from fall out could trigger a retaliation and a whole lot more piss and vinegar than America is seeing now. The whole thing is a political mindfuck that could easily send the world into a downward spiral at warp speed. I could definitely use some optimism about this topic but all I seem to see is the worst case scenario (enter Jesus)
    Their real people, just like us. They need to be funded and supported just like everyone else. If anything, we have more then enough targets to hit that would put a good size dent into whatever they plan on doing.

This country needs to quit pretending we can get through all this without experiencing more casualties on American soil, it's just not possible. We will be attacked again, it's an easy target and impossible for our enemies to resist.

They attack us, we attack them, and after a while we see who ends up on top (I like our chances).

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Their real people, just like us. They need to be funded and supported just like everyone else. If anything, we have more then enough targets to hit that would put a good size dent into whatever they plan on doing.

This country needs to quit pretending we can get through all this without experiencing more casualties on American soil, it's just not possible. We will be attacked again, it's an easy target and impossible for our enemies to resist.

They attack us, we attack them, and after a while we see who ends up on top (I like our chances).
    i don't think the States has the stomach for what you're proposing.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by it's me View Post
    i don't think the States has the stomach for what you're proposing.
    I don't think anyone has much of a choice. What are people going to do, move to another country?

It's a real war with real people fighting against each other, it's bound to spill over to this part of the world again. September 11th really happened, I know you know this, but it does seem as if many have forgotten. I don't mean that in a "memorial" sort of way, just that it was a real attack. No different then our own attacks. It's gone way beyond us being "right" and them being "wrong". It's a war against two societies, just like it has always been. If people don't believe that they should try to remember all the Islamic celebration after September 11th 2001, because their going to see it again eventually.

Just like any enemy, they understand fear, death, and destruction.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

I don't think anyone has much of a choice. What are people going to do, move to another country?

It's a real war with real people fighting against each other, it's bound to spill over to this part of the world again. September 11th really happened, I know you know this, but it does seem as if many have forgotten. I don't mean that in a "memorial" sort of way, just that it was a real attack. No different then our own attacks. It's gone way beyond us being "right" and them being "wrong". It's a war against two societies, just like it has always been. If people don't believe that they should try to remember all the Islamic celebration after September 11th 2001, because their going to see it again eventually.

Just like any enemy, they understand fear, death, and destruction.

one could argue that this ends the day that the west pull out of that part of the world. I imagine that long before people come to grips with regular terrorist attacks on American soil that they will want to test whether this argument holds water. just my opinion.