Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.16.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

Default For Those Who Hate Horseradish

When I was a small child, my father would take me to the department store Hills to purchase WWF action figures. Before we left, we'd always get a bag of popcorn or something equally delicious. One day, he bought me a hot dog.

As we skimmed along the condiments, he implored me to try horseradish. He said I'd like it. He was very, very wrong.

That day, fellow Linkers, was the day I discovered my extreme distaste for horseradish. Since then, I've been bringing it up whenever I have the chance.

Does anybody else have horseradish horror stories? Or am I the only one who hates it?

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

I love it. A little yellow tail Tuna dipped in soy sauce with a touch of the magic green and I'm in heaven. I even went to the source once, a horseradish maker on the banks of a crystal river in Japan, and had it right out of the processors. Good shit mayng!
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II or Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Cathedral, Humans Being
    Last Online

03.02.10 @ 03:28 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Aha, I knew there was a deep-rooted psychological fear!

I feel the same way about pickled herring. My grandmother used to keep a big jar right in front of the refrigerator. I had to actually touch the wretched thing to get to the Bosco. For years I thought I would puke just at the thought of that stuff. Then I tried it. Still hated it, but at least I gave it the old scout's try. I suggest you do that too. Try just a little bit in mashed potatoes, or on beef. Hey look, you've got nothing to lose. Even if you do toss your cookies, you'll be rid of the "wretched" stuff.

Break the chain of fear!
    Mr. Horseradish courtesy of the International Horseradish Council and Brett.

Favorite VH Album

WACF, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars, Unchained, HB
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 07:55 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I too, hate horseradish.

However, my ultimate food hatred is for Brussels Sprouts! They were forced upon me as a child. They are the spawn of Satan.

My mother boiled the snot out of them and then made me eat THREE of them. Not one, not two, but THREE of those hideous things. No sauce, no butter, nothing. Maybe a dash of salt and/or pepper. I had to "try" it. Every time we had them, I had to "try" them. If I've hated them since day one, why did I have to keep "trying" them for years??? WHY, I ASK YOU???

NASTY!

Shari
    "Hey, thanks for the bracelet! Was that one for me?" - Michael Anthony to me in the Golden Ring in Grand Rapids, MI July 9, 2004
    July 9, 2004 - Mike pressed a guitar pick into my hand!
    "We're in the right place!" EVH @ The Joe in Detroit, July 10, 2004
    "Hey! What's up!?" - Mikey, upon recognizing me in the Golden Ring in Chicago after getting his second bracelet, July 21, 2004
    "What is uuuuuuuuuup!!!???" - Mike to me in Detroit, May 12th, 2005, after receiving third bracelet.
    "You found me again!" - Mike to me in Detroit, Nov. 2, 2007

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 5150
    Last Online

10.20.14 @ 09:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rockygotfingered View Post
    When I was a small child, my father would take me to the department store Hills to purchase WWF action figures.
    Dude, I have a whole fucking crate full of old school WWF action figures. I have everyone from Andre the Giant to the Ultimate Warrior to Marty Jannetty. I have the classic WWF ring as well. Hell, I'd still play with them if it was socially acceptable for someone of my age.

But anyway, I love horseradish. Especially on kielbasa. Oh yeah...

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 10:41 PM
    Liked 209 Times in 124 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by vh_chick View Post
    I too, hate horseradish.

However, my ultimate food hatred is for Brussels Sprouts! They were forced upon me as a child. They are the spawn of Satan.

My mother boiled the snot out of them and then made me eat THREE of them. Not one, not two, but THREE of those hideous things. No sauce, no butter, nothing. Maybe a dash of salt and/or pepper. I had to "try" it. Every time we had them, I had to "try" them. If I've hated them since day one, why did I have to keep "trying" them for years??? WHY, I ASK YOU???

NASTY!

Shari
    God.....do I hate to hear stories like this.....No love for the humble Brussels Sprouts......you just can't "boil the snot out of them"........these little green gems must be treated with respect!......

OK, here's what you do.......first, find some fresh Brussels Sprouts.....nice and tight....no browning of leaves....should have a small bud.....cut in half, season with salt and pepper, and place them cut side down in a hot saute pan with a little of butter.....cook over a low heat until the natural sugars release and the sprouts begin to brown.....this is called carmelization...

Add a little more butter if you have to....when your sprouts are GB&D (that's Golden Brown and Delicious)......cover with a good flavorful chick broth, and simmer for about ten minutes......remove and enjoy!

I gara-fuckin-tee you will never feel the same about Brussels Sprouts again

Favorite VH Album

WACF, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars, Unchained, HB
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 07:55 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I do appreciate your efforts, Mr. McQueen, but I just cannot stomach the thought.

Ironic is that whenever my daughter spends the night at Gramma's, she requests Brussels Sprouts! She LOVES them! Mind you, this is still my mom cooking them! It baffles the mind.

Shari
    "Hey, thanks for the bracelet! Was that one for me?" - Michael Anthony to me in the Golden Ring in Grand Rapids, MI July 9, 2004
    July 9, 2004 - Mike pressed a guitar pick into my hand!
    "We're in the right place!" EVH @ The Joe in Detroit, July 10, 2004
    "Hey! What's up!?" - Mikey, upon recognizing me in the Golden Ring in Chicago after getting his second bracelet, July 21, 2004
    "What is uuuuuuuuuup!!!???" - Mike to me in Detroit, May 12th, 2005, after receiving third bracelet.
    "You found me again!" - Mike to me in Detroit, Nov. 2, 2007

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by vh_chick View Post
    I do appreciate your efforts, Mr. McQueen, but I just cannot stomach the thought.

Ironic is that whenever my daughter spends the night at Gramma's, she requests Brussels Sprouts! She LOVES them! Mind you, this is still my mom cooking them! It baffles the mind.

Shari
    you'll have to let me cook for you sometime......(wink wink....nudge nudge )

I have converted many from their bad childhood food memories....

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.16.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterdays View Post
    Aha, I knew there was a deep-rooted psychological fear!

I feel the same way about pickled herring. My grandmother used to keep a big jar right in front of the refrigerator. I had to actually touch the wretched thing to get to the Bosco. For years I thought I would puke just at the thought of that stuff. Then I tried it. Still hated it, but at least I gave it the old scout's try. I suggest you do that too. Try just a little bit in mashed potatoes, or on beef. Hey look, you've got nothing to lose. Even if you do toss your cookies, you'll be rid of the "wretched" stuff.

Break the chain of fear!

I have tried it. Granted, it was 15 years ago, but I still tried it.

Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind Of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

You And Your Blues
    Last Online

10.30.15 @ 04:15 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Yah know, its funny. Looking back in my 24 years of life, I have suddenly realized that everytime someone has said "try this" or "just try it!" or "give it a chance" or "suck my toes, you might love it"....wait....that last one....well yah, it falls into this as well. I HAVE HATED IT EVERYTIME!! AND WHO THE FUCK LIKES TO SUCK TOES?

I mean, look at the shit I have had to try in my somewhat young life;

Cooked Cabbage- smells like nasty feet which is probably why I wouldnt suck that bitches toe!

Rubarb- What fuckin douche thought it was a good idea to cook up this shit?

Liver and Onions- Tasted like shit yet every now and then I get a wierd fuckin craving for it. FUCK!

Beats- ...........god...damn......why not go eat dirt? They both taste the same!

Those Baby Cabbage things- What did the maker of this shit think "I will sell this shit purely based off how cute it looks"....suck my ass!

Pork Rines-.......BBBBLLLLAAAAAAHHHHHRRRRRRFFFFFFF!!!!!!

Pigs Feet- I never had'em but you can see how this foot thing and food seem to come full circle!

Im with yah, Horseradish.....I dunno....I guess you have to be "special" to like that shit
    FULL TIME LURKER

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hated horseradish when I was a kid, but that was before I truly appreciated hot and spicy foods that blast the Hell out of your sinuses.

Now I can't eat Chinese BBQ pork without the mustard, or Sushi without the Wasabi, which are two of the extreme variants of horseradish.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by space4rent5150 View Post
    Yah know, its funny. Looking back in my 24 years of life, I have suddenly realized that everytime someone has said "try this" or "just try it!" or "give it a chance" or "suck my toes, you might love it"....wait....that last one....well yah, it falls into this as well. I HAVE HATED IT EVERYTIME!! AND WHO THE FUCK LIKES TO SUCK TOES?

I mean, look at the shit I have had to try in my somewhat young life;

Cooked Cabbage- smells like nasty feet which is probably why I wouldnt suck that bitches toe!

Rubarb- What fuckin douche thought it was a good idea to cook up this shit?

Liver and Onions- Tasted like shit yet every now and then I get a wierd fuckin craving for it. FUCK!

Beats- ...........god...damn......why not go eat dirt? They both taste the same!

Those Baby Cabbage things- What did the maker of this shit think "I will sell this shit purely based off how cute it looks"....suck my ass!

Pork Rines-.......BBBBLLLLAAAAAAHHHHHRRRRRRFFFFFFF!!!!!!

Pigs Feet- I never had'em but you can see how this foot thing and food seem to come full circle!

Im with yah, Horseradish.....I dunno....I guess you have to be "special" to like that shit
    Great..... Yet another product of our Public School Lunch Program.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

Chicken Feet for Breakfast
    Last Online

07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Now I can't eat Chinese BBQ pork without the mustard, or Sushi without the Wasabi, which are two of the extreme variants of horseradish.
    Ditto that. Can't eat Chinese without the hot mustard and I don't like
    to eat chicken without hot sauce, ever.

Shit I don't get is stuff like potato salad.
    Mmmmm. Cold potatoes swimming in mayo and onion goo. Yum.

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Funny, I absolutely LOVE horseradish and wasabi. I even eat so much of it that I feel like I'm gonna die sometimes. Regardless, I always return to them both. BTW, there's nothing better than freshly grated horseradish. It seems to have some extra zing to it. Gotta love the horseradish!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

I love Horseradish, not to many hot spicy foods I don't like.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.