Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:34 PM
    Liked 6,849 Times in 3,587 Posts

Premium Member

Default not a Van Halen video

Here's one for anybody that thinks that major line up changes through the years will effect the potential gross of the current tour.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

04.28.17 @ 05:51 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

So what you're saying is that this Van Halen reunion will be as popular as the "Hell Freezes Over" tour. I think not. Don't forget that the Eagles didn't go out on that tour with Glenn Frey's kid behind the kit instead of Don Henley. Also, the Eagles hadn't performed together(in any kind of incarnation) for a number of years, therefore, the hype was bigger.

Let's just face the facts, with everything that's gone on with Van Halen in the past years(ie. reunion with Sammy, falling out with Sammy, firing Mike, getting Wolfie to play bass, announcing tour with Roth, Ed's rehab, postponing tour with Roth and the fiasco at the RRHOF) the average music fan has written this band off a long time ago.

This reunion will basically be monumental for us hardcore VH fans, for the rest of the population it will amount to a spec of dust on the horizon.
    Last edited by lightemup55; 07.11.07 at 04:14 PM. Reason: adding a missing line

Favorite VH Album

Bark Like A Dog
    Favorite VH Song

Act Like It Hurts
    Last Online

06.26.17 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 643 Times in 328 Posts

Unfortunately, only us diehards care about VH. Sure, you got a generation of younger fans who only like VH because Weezer does....or the drones who only know 'the hits' (these people also sit around the tv like zombies and watch that shite American Idol). Most people could give two shits about VH.

I think ticket prices will be the X factor. If prices are reasonable, more casual fans will be likely to go (that is if they can pry themselves away from watching 'The Bachelor'). These poor souls don't care about Mikey and only wanna see Dave with VH for the sake of saying they saw it.

And most importantly, The Eagles suck ASS!
    "Never is just reven spelled backwards." -House

"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" -THE Rob Gordon

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 04:59 PM
    Liked 797 Times in 382 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lightemup55 View Post
    So what you're saying is that this Van Halen reunion will be as popular as the "Hell Freezes Over" tour. I think not. Don't forget that the Eagles didn't go out on that tour with Glenn Frey's kid behind the kit instead of Don Henley.
    Comparing Don Henley's significance to the Eagles with Mike A's to VH. Man you guys are stoned on the whole M.A. thing.

He's the bass player, and anyone outside of the die-hards couldn't give a shit who's playing bass for VH.
    Try putting somone in Don Henley's place singing Hotel California. lol yeahhh bit of a popularity dif there people.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post
    Comparing Don Henley's significance to the Eagles with Mike A's to VH. Man you guys are stoned on the whole M.A. thing.

He's the bass player, and anyone outside of the die-hards couldn't give a shit who's playing bass for VH.
    Try putting somone in Don Henley's place singing Hotel California. lol yeahhh bit of a popularity dif there people.
    Oh, goodie. This argument again.

The music business is very different than it was even ten years ago. That's a factor to consider when it comes to potential VH ticket sales.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

10.02.07 @ 10:04 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Comparing VH to the Eagles is interesting. Difference of about 6 years from Blow UP... Serious California Sex Rock Etc... Yet VH contains an actual Genius... Albeit a tipsy one... but I'm pulling for him... will they make the same dough as 94 Eagles... Doubt it... that was the first tour where management said... " we're gonna charge $120 a ticket for the nose bleeds" and people paid it... that was.. and still is.. and enormous $$$ machine. Ironically, VH is now managed by same manager as Eagles... mr. Azoff... they WILL make a ton of $$.. but not even close to 94 Hell freezes over... as for the Mike thing... well... I was bummed, and think it sucks..

however, I saw VH rehearse in Forum on sept. 14... with about 30 other people.. and I was very surprised at how good it was... I am stoked that Dave is singing well, Ed was on fire... Alex the ROCK.., Dave could have been a bit more energetic.. but I know it was REHearsal.. There is just a great chem between EVH and DLR.. it is awesome.. As for Wolf... he is young... played well... you have to understand that bass sound is Jack Bruce... old school... it's not going to cut... it's distorted.. but he can play.. he will develop the stage presence... let em get rid of the acne first...

I love these guys...

As EVH said.. "... just trying to bring a little happiness to the world.."