Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Yet Another "News Reporter" WTF Story...

Reporter Loses Job After Controversial Video Surfaces

Chicago Reporter Out After Tape Surfaces Showing Her in Swimsuit at Home of Missing Mom Lisa Stebic

A Chicago television reporter negotiated her exit Tuesday after videotape surfaced of her at the home of missing mother Lisa Stebic, according to the Chicago Tribune.

WMAQ reporter Amy Jacobson, who has covered Stebic’s story, was caught on tape by the pool at the Stebics' home last week by rival channel WBBM Channel 2. The tape shows Jacobson “in a swimming suit top” at the pool on Friday with her children and Lisa Stebic’s estranged husband, Craig.

Click here to watch the video.

Neighbors told Channel 2 in Chicago that Jacobson has visited the Stebics' home frequently since she started covering the story.

Jacobson negotiated her exit on Tuesday, according to the Tribune. Vice President of News Frank Whittaker and News Director Camille Edwards notified the staff via a memo.

"We are sorry to tell you that Amy Jacobson is leaving NBC 5 News, effective immediately,'' the memo read, according to the Tribune.

"Amy's contribution as a reporter over the last 10 years are numerous. Her hustle and passion for news have given us an edge on many top stories. She's worked long hours on many days, and we appreciate all she's done.

"The last couple of days have been tough on everyone,'' the memo states. "We appreciate your understanding.''

According to the Tribune, the memo concludes: "We will miss Amy, and wish her the best."

Jacobson, a general assignment reporter, had been at the station since 1996.

Sources told the Chicago Sun-Times that Jacobson said she was on her way to a club to go swimming with her sons when Craig Stebic's sister, who was in town from Iowa, asked her to come to his house to talk about the case. Jacobson immediately was taken off the Stebic story and was told to hire a lawyer, the Sun-Times reported.

Channel 2 obtained the footage of Jacobson at Stebic's home Friday but held out until Tuesday to air it. They aired the footage and posted a story on their Web site after the Tribune and Sun Times reported the matter.

Jacobson’s attorney, Kathleen Zellner, said the tape should not be aired “because unauthorized taping on someone's property is a crime.”

"You can't just go around videotaping and disseminating the tape. ... To me, it begins and ends there.”

Stebic, 38, was last seen the evening of April 30. Her husband, Craig, told police he was in the backyard — and the couple’s two children were not at the house — when he thought someone picked his wife up for an exercise class. Her cell phone and credit cards have not been used since. Lisa and Craig Stebic were living in the same house but were in the midst of a divorce and rarely spoke.

Police have not yet named either a suspect or a person of interest in the case.
    Last edited by voivod; 07.10.07 at 04:52 PM.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Too Many!
    Last Online

12.04.14 @ 11:23 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Uhh..... .....I fail to see what the issue is.......why would that be grounds for firing her?
    Love should NOT be work, it should be as easy as breathing Dave's Dreidel

My god, our government has less secrets than Van Halen. Emperor Brett

I'm a Democrat and an Atheist, but I've yet to receive my ticket to Hell. Is this something I call Live Nation about or what? JakeK21

I feel it takes far more energy to hate than love. Well outside of Obamacare, How Many Say I and Heineken beer. ziggysmalls

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.27.07 @ 01:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I think the husband is suspected in this case, maybe I'm wrong though.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.28.13 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's not like she's the prosecutor or anything.

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Being a former broadcaster, albeit radio, it's an ethics issue. Reporters have to maintain the fine line of impartiality. Whether or not she has anything more than a professional reason, it's bad form for her to be seeing the family on a personal level; ESPECIALLY as scantily clad as a bikini top.

Any credibility she had to cover the case and story is instantly shot. It also can hinder the ongoing police investigation. It will make them less likely to trust the media and release any information to them. They aren't required to release any info during an ongoing investigation. This enhances the excuse for them not to.

The other station was looking for a ratings booster by releasing this. How do you think the papers found out about it?? It was "leaked" by the station that caught it on tape. Probably due to the fact that the husband AND the missing woman's family had been giving the NBC reporter exclisive interviews.

It's a big story in the Chicago area, and there is no journalistic integrity between these two stations. The NBC station trumped the CBS station; this was too juicy.scandalous to let go. And in the end, the thrust of the story will now be the bad form of the reporter...NOT finding the missing woman or getting closure for the family.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Eruption
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 03:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm sorry. Just kind of funny to hear the words "media" and "ethics" in the same sentence.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Redrockinmonkeyboy View Post
    Being a former broadcaster, albeit radio, it's an ethics issue. Reporters have to maintain the fine line of impartiality. Whether or not she has anything more than a professional reason, it's bad form for her to be seeing the family on a personal level; ESPECIALLY as scantily clad as a bikini top.

Any credibility she had to cover the case and story is instantly shot. It also can hinder the ongoing police investigation. It will make them less likely to trust the media and release any information to them. They aren't required to release any info during an ongoing investigation. This enhances the excuse for them not to.

The other station was looking for a ratings booster by releasing this. How do you think the papers found out about it?? It was "leaked" by the station that caught it on tape. Probably due to the fact that the husband AND the missing woman's family had been giving the NBC reporter exclisive interviews.

It's a big story in the Chicago area, and there is no journalistic integrity between these two stations. The NBC station trumped the CBS station; this was too juicy.scandalous to let go. And in the end, the thrust of the story will now be the bad form of the reporter...NOT finding the missing woman or getting closure for the family.

Yep.

Throw in the revelations that LA's Mayor was having an affair with a Telemundo reporter and it's been a bad couple of weeks for women TV reporters.

For those of you having a problem understanding whatthe deal is simply reverse the story. What if a male reporter shows up at the home of a woman who's husband is missing wearing his swim trunks?

I've read the back story about how this reporter was on the way to the pool with her kids when this guy called, it's still no excuse.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

She looks pretty in the pic....She'll have another job soon.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
    I've read the back story about how this reporter was on the way to the pool with her kids when this guy called, it's still no excuse.
    Not only is it not an excuse, it's a bullshit story. There's more going on here than has been told.

Neighbors told Channel 2 in Chicago that Jacobson has visited the Stebics' home frequently since she started covering the story.
    Er.....with or without the news crew?
    Last edited by LLFHS; 07.11.07 at 07:33 PM.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!