Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 54

Thread: Hagar Tour

  1. #1
    Romeo Delight shyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.12.00
    Location
    Hollywood North
    Posts
    83
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

    03.12.17 @ 11:30 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default Hagar Tour

    Hagar tour has been confirmed today . Michael Anthony will be the opener .Check out blabbermouth.com for details. I guess we can rule out the return of Mike .
    Last edited by shyboy; 07.09.07 at 12:49 PM.

  2. #2
    Atomic Punk Van Squalen's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.21.03
    Posts
    22,219
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 12:38 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1,617 Times in 994 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Launch Radio Networks reports: Die-hard "Van Hagar" fans can rejoice, as they're about to get a taste of both of their favorites: Sammy Hagar has just announced his U.S. tour dates, which will include opener — and ex-VAN HALEN bandmate — Michael Anthony's MAD ANTHONY EXPRESS.

    Hagar's headlining show will consist of three hours of the Cabo Wabo Village vibe that was so successful on last summer's Livin'It Up! tour. MAD ANTHONY EXPRESS will perform both early VAN HALEN songs and various early rock classics; the support act, LOS TRES GUSANOS will play early Sammy Hagar songs; and, finally, Hagar and Anthony will perform as THE OTHER HALF — as in "the other half of VAN HALEN" — to perform Hagar-era VAN HALEN tunes.

    SAMMY HAGAR tour dates (subject to change):

    Sep. 15 - Phoenix, AZ - Beauty of A Bonzer Benefit
    Sep. 29 - Novato, CA - Rock 'n Blues By the Lake Benefit
    Oct. 19 - Biloxi, MS - Beau Rivage Resort & Casino
    Oct. 20 - Houston, TX - Verizon Wireless Theater
    Oct. 23, 24 - Dallas, TX - Lakewood Theater
    Oct. 25 - Tulsa, OK - Brady Theater
    Oct. 27 - Bloomington, IL - The Theatre at US Cellular Coliseum
    Oct. 28 - Indianapolis, IN - Murat Theatre
    Oct. 31 - South Bend, IN - Morris Performing Arts Center
    Nov. 02, 03 - Detroit, MI - Fox Theatre
    Nov. 04 - Grand Rapids, MI - Devos Hall
    Nov. 06 - Green Bay, WI - Oneida Casino
    Nov. 07 - Milwaukee, WI - Riverside Theatre
    Nov. 09 - Akron, OH - E.J. Thomas Performing Arts Hall
    Nov. 10 - Chicago, IL - Chicago Theatre
    Nov. 11 - Joliet, IL - Rialto Square Theatre
    Nov. 13, 14 - St. Louis, MO - Fox Theater
    Nov. 16 - Kansas City, MO - Uptown Theater
    Dec. 01 - Anaheim, CA - Private Event - Grove of Anaheim


    I'd presume these are just prelims. The only SoCal date is a private event? Plus they didn't list the Cabo birthday gigs in early October, and there's lots more coming if they're touring through July '08.
    Last edited by Van Squalen; 07.09.07 at 01:04 PM.

  3. #3
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    11.05.06
    Location
    there's a sleepy town
    Posts
    8,193
    Favorite VH Album

    fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

    07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Hey Vs i'm gonna post this over at RR.Com.

    A lotta folks are waiting for some tour news.

    Do you mind?
    Last edited by Nostalgia Act; 07.09.07 at 01:07 PM.
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

    I love coffee and sarcasm.

    RJD \m/


    Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

  4. #4
    Banned! Apocalypso's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.28.06
    Posts
    1,426
    Last Online

    11.22.07 @ 06:44 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    Launch Radio Networks reports: Die-hard "Van Hagar" fans can rejoice, as they're about to get a taste of both of their favorites: Sammy Hagar has just announced his U.S. tour dates, which will include opener and ex-VAN HALEN bandmate Michael Anthony's MAD ANTHONY EXPRESS.

    Hagar's headlining show will consist of three hours of the Cabo Wabo Village vibe that was so successful on last summer's Livin'It Up! tour. MAD ANTHONY EXPRESS will perform both early VAN HALEN songs and various early rock classics; the support act, LOS TRES GUSANOS will play early Sammy Hagar songs; and, finally, Hagar and Anthony will perform as THE OTHER HALF as in "the other half of VAN HALEN" to perform Hagar-era VAN HALEN tunes.

    SAMMY HAGAR tour dates (subject to change):

    Sep. 15 - Phoenix, AZ - Beauty of A Bonzer Benefit
    Sep. 29 - Novato, CA - Rock 'n Blues By the Lake Benefit
    Oct. 19 - Biloxi, MS - Beau Rivage Resort & Casino
    Oct. 20 - Houston, TX - Verizon Wireless Theater
    Oct. 23, 24 - Dallas, TX - Lakewood Theater
    Oct. 25 - Tulsa, OK - Brady Theater
    Oct. 27 - Bloomington, IL - The Theatre at US Cellular Coliseum
    Oct. 28 - Indianapolis, IN - Murat Theatre
    Oct. 31 - South Bend, IN - Morris Performing Arts Center
    Nov. 02, 03 - Detroit, MI - Fox Theatre
    Nov. 04 - Grand Rapids, MI - Devos Hall
    Nov. 06 - Green Bay, WI - Oneida Casino
    Nov. 07 - Milwaukee, WI - Riverside Theatre
    Nov. 09 - Akron, OH - E.J. Thomas Performing Arts Hall
    Nov. 10 - Chicago, IL - Chicago Theatre
    Nov. 11 - Joliet, IL - Rialto Square Theatre
    Nov. 13, 14 - St. Louis, MO - Fox Theater
    Nov. 16 - Kansas City, MO - Uptown Theater
    Dec. 01 - Anaheim, CA - Private Event - Grove of Anaheim


    I'd presume these are just prelims. The only SoCal date is a private event? Plus they didn't list the Cabo birthday gigs in early October, and there's lots more coming if they're touring through July '08.

    It's an early birthday party for Wolfgang. The ChuckE Cheeses are all booked up in March.

    T.B.

  5. #5
    Atomic Punk Van Squalen's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.21.03
    Posts
    22,219
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 12:38 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1,617 Times in 994 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hagarfn View Post
    Hey Vs i'm gonna post this over at RR.Com.

    A lotta folks are waiting for some tour news.

    Do you mind?
    I just pasted it from Blabbermouth, no biggie. Have at it.

  6. #6
    Atomic Punk chefcraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.01.02
    Location
    A Confederacy of Dunces
    Posts
    19,370
    Last Online

    03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

  7. #7
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    11.05.06
    Location
    there's a sleepy town
    Posts
    8,193
    Favorite VH Album

    fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

    07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Yea, i don't think shyboy did a search.

    But to address you're first post shyboy.

    Sam has already said Mike can leave if Edward calls and ask him to re-join them on the tour (if it happens.)
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

    I love coffee and sarcasm.

    RJD \m/


    Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

  8. #8
    Atomic Punk Van Squalen's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.21.03
    Posts
    22,219
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 12:38 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1,617 Times in 994 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    It's pretty interesting that Sam and Mike will essentially be touring at almost the exact same time as Dave, Ed, and Al, and that they'll all be playing Van Halen music, yet no actual true VAN HALEN will be touring.

    Should make for some cute media fodder at least.

    Still is possible this Van Wolf rumor is just that, given all the loose ends. Dave's long period of silence is the ONLY indicative factor of something still in the works.

  9. #9
    Atomic Punk ziggysmalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.24.03
    Location
    Cleveland, Oh
    Posts
    12,980
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 08:52 AM
    Likes
    2,605
    Liked 4,808 Times in 2,454 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Not to be a jerk but Hagar is only in VH in the past tense. There are no rumors saying that he is in the band at this time. Mike may be a different story since there was a chance he could have played bass on this tour. However seeing that they are announcing tour dates and putting Mike's name to them, he is not playing with "Van Halen" this fall.

    IMO this should be moved to the dedicated Hagar and Mike forums. If Dave had a solo announcement in 2004, would it have been posted here?

    Sounds like a good show though.

  10. #10
    Hot For Teacher Fan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.03.05
    Posts
    233
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning,F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

    09.28.07 @ 08:53 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    Not to be a jerk but Hagar is only in VH in the past tense. There are no rumors saying that he is in the band at this time. Mike may be a different story since there was a chance he could have played bass on this tour. However seeing that they are announcing tour dates and putting Mike's name to them, he is not playing with "Van Halen" this fall.

    IMO this should be moved to the dedicated Hagar and Mike forums. If Dave had a solo announcement in 2004, would it have been posted here?

    Sounds like a good show though.
    Yes but this is the "Milking Money Off Ed's Name And Music" tour, part 16...

  11. #11
    Atomic Punk chefcraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.01.02
    Location
    A Confederacy of Dunces
    Posts
    19,370
    Last Online

    03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hagarfn View Post
    Yea, i don't think shyboy did a search.
    Apparently neither did "The J Man", who just started a new thread as well.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

  12. #12
    On Fire vhwithroththereturn's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.05.04
    Age
    53
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    402
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Outta Love & Unchained
    Last Online

    12.14.07 @ 01:05 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypso View Post
    It's an early birthday party for Wolfgang. The ChuckE Cheeses are all booked up in March.

    T.B.
    ROFLMAO

  13. #13
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    11.05.06
    Location
    there's a sleepy town
    Posts
    8,193
    Favorite VH Album

    fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

    07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Apparently neither did "The J Man", who just started a new thread as well.
    To which i posted in......kinda like this one.....again.

    Hellooooo.....craig!
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

    I love coffee and sarcasm.

    RJD \m/


    Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

  14. #14
    On Fire vhwithroththereturn's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.05.04
    Age
    53
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    402
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Outta Love & Unchained
    Last Online

    12.14.07 @ 01:05 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    How can mike and sam be called the "other half" when they r no longer in van halen? The other half of what?

  15. #15
    Eruption
    Join Date
    07.05.01
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    826
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street
    Last Online

    06.22.15 @ 03:18 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 12 Times in 5 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    holy fuck.

    it's like the temptations all over again... sort of...not really.

    where is david ruffin?
    not another dime from me, fellas...

    tinzen

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Hagar Tour Rider
    By Rocket in forum The Red Rocker
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07.17.09, 05:47 AM
  2. Hagar era tour set lists
    By Ashe in forum VH Songs/Albums/Videos
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02.18.03, 12:56 PM
  3. Tour Dates: Sammy Hagar & David Lee Roth Tour 2002
    By Fontcow in forum "Song For Song" Tour 2002
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04.20.02, 12:06 PM
  4. Tour Dates: Sammy Hagar & David Lee Roth Tour 2002
    By Fontcow in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04.16.02, 10:26 PM
  5. If a Roth & Hagar tour happens
    By Steve Savicki in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03.19.02, 01:32 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •