Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In a Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

02.25.12 @ 06:53 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Metallica: Terrorist threat?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/dotmusic/20...t-31c8aba.html

Metallica singer James Hetfield was investigated by UK airport officials who believed he was a terrorist this week, it has been claimed. The star was barred entry to Luton airport on Thursday and questioned by staff who were concerned about his appearance. Fears that Hetfield might be involved in terrorism were apparently founded on his "Taliban-like beard", according to The Times. He was allowed to leave the airport after a brief interrogation, when he persuaded officials that he was a rock star. Metallica play Live Earth at Wembley Stadium in London tomorrow, before headlining the venue for their own show on Sunday evening.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well, the goatee IS getting a little long these days......

But aren't Muslims supposed to have FULL beards??

I believe they consider shaving to be a "sin". A lot of the Muslim rules are similar to those in the book of Leviticus, which considers shaving a beard to be an "abomination".
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

eruption
    Last Online

12.22.07 @ 09:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Well, the goatee IS getting a little long these days......

But aren't Muslims supposed to have FULL beards??

I believe they consider shaving to be a "sin". A lot of the Muslim rules are similar to those in the book of Leviticus, which considers shaving a beard to be an "abomination".
    Wonder what they would do to a woman with a shaved bush (calm down FORD, I'm talking about vajina, not politician)

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Not quite as bad as that film maker who was detained upon entering the U.S. He was asked the reason for his visit, he answered that he was there to "Shoot a pilot":

Director Mike Figgis Detained for Threatening to "Shoot a Pilot"
    Posted May 29th 2007 4:03PM by Scott Weinberg
    Filed under: Celebrities and Controversy, Newsstand

I'm not exactly sure how the word "pilot" came to mean "initial episode of a TV show," but it's definitely a part of the general lexicon by now. "Did you watch that new series called People on an Island?" is what I might ask you, and your response very well could be "Yeah, I watched the pilot but I couldn't get into it." So you understand the word "pilot" in this context, right? Good. Maybe you should get a job at Los Angeles International Airport.

It's funny because I'm kind of surprised it hasn't happened before: Director Mike Figgis was going through security at LAX when he was asked the reason for his visit. "I'm here to shoot a pilot," was his response. Obviously he meant "I'm here to shoot the first episode of a TV series that may or may not be picked up for broadcast distribution," but what the immigration official thought he meant was "I'm here to shoot an airplane pilot with a gun." Yikes! The director of Leaving Las Vegas, Timecode and Internal Affairs was then detained for about five hours until immigration officials could get online and figure out that, yep, "pilot" has more than one meaning.
    http://www.cinematical.com/2007/05/2...shoot-a-pilot/

It was later proved to be false...

Director Mike Figgis plane story an exageration
    By Stone Martindale May 30, 2007, 0:40 GMT
    The story we reported on after reading Cinematical's Scott Weinberg account regarding director Mike Figgis (Leaving Las Vegas) was exposed as a bit of a hoax.
    Weinberg wrote that Figgis was going through security at LAX "when he was asked the reason for his visit." "I'm here to shoot a pilot," was what Weinberg claims Figgis responded.
    Figgis, according to Weinberg, was kept locked up for about five hours until immigration officials could figure out the filmmaker's vernacular by checking online sources.
    Now, Jonathan Mitchell from Public Radio International says no way, and told website BoingBoing: "Regarding the Mike Figgis LAX story, it's not true."
    We were thinking of reporting this story on a radio show I work on, so we did a little fact checking. We contacted Figgis' publicist, and got this email from Mike Figgis himself":
    Said Figgis: "The story is a complete exageration of something I said in an interview, namely...I was being questioned in toronto airport by the US immigration officer who said "purpose of your visit?" and I was about to reply "I'm here to shoot a pilot" when I thought better of it and said
    "I'm here to film the 1st episode of a potential series for Fox/Sony"
    "This was exactly as I said it to the journalist and the next I knew of it was phone calls wishing me deepest sympathies etc and the venue had moved to LAX and I had been arrested etc etc."
    "I've had distortion before in interviews but never fiction. If it had been true it would have been a good story - sorry to dissappoint All the best - Mike Figgis"
    Still a good story.
    http://people.monstersandcritics.com...aken_literally
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/5150
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD/BoBW
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 05:17 PM
    Liked 76 Times in 30 Posts

Along those same lines...when meeting your friend Jack at the airport, don't yell out, "Hi Jack!"
    A little more volume in the headphones please.

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:07 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 9 Posts

I do believe that if a pilot were listening to "St. Anger" while flying, they would be more likely to fly their planes into large buildings. Therefore I consider Hetfield to be a potential terrorist.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    I do believe that if a pilot were listening to "St. Anger" while flying, they would be more likely to fly their planes into large buildings. Therefore I consider Hetfield to be a potential terrorist.
    Nah...Bob Rock was the true culprit there.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

Jul 23 - METALLICA frontman JAMES HETFIELD has posted a message on the band's website regarding a report a couple of weeks ago that he was detained by airport security in London. Hetfield's message says, quote, "In the last few weeks there have been a lot of rumors flying around saying that I was detained by airport security in London while on tour in Europe. I'm here to tell you that it never happened...pure fabrication! The story is simply that there is no story...it's scary how gullible and easily fooled the press is!"Hetfield's posting adds that the band, quote, "had a blast" on their Sick Of the Studio European tour, and adds, quote, "Now back to the studio..."
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.