Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Keith Olbermann Regarding Bush/Libby 7/3/07

This is indeed quite remarkable. Fairly astounding common sense.
    Keith Olbermann Special Comment 7/3/07
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

Yeah I saw that yesterday. Quite remarkable but not surprised it came from his mouth. Probably looking to be a speaker at the DNC.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

06.22.15 @ 03:18 PM
    Liked 12 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

a little over the top methinks, but i do agree that this pardon, knowing what libby represented in the eyes of the american public, was the nail in this administration's coffin.
    not another dime from me, fellas...

tinzen

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

09.18.12 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It annoys me when people refer to the president by his name. Whether you like the guy or not, respect the office. I sure as hell wouldn't want his job!! But, I guess this will get people to watch his show for a week or two. Poor guy needs ratings again by the looks of it. I'll be honest...I thought Obermann's show wasn't even on MSNBC anymore. Maybe he, Ann Coulter, and Rosie, and Al Sharpton can all find a place to fall off the face of the Earth sometime soon. I'm not cool with the communicating of Libby...however, there are bigger problems in the world right now than one guy avoiding 2 whole years of a minimum security, resort style "prison" term.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.19.16 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Sorry to ask but what exactly did Mr. Libby do? What was he indicted for?

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cyberfiddl View Post

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cyberfiddl View Post
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

“…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

- Dewey Cox

Sinner's Swing! the_atomic_punks_rule's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Today- Bottom's Up!
    Last Online

12.20.16 @ 03:09 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I watched the whole thing and it cuts off at the very end...that sucked. Excellent points without a doubt.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

11.25.14 @ 09:53 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garibaldi View Post
    It annoys me when people refer to the president by his name. Whether you like the guy or not, respect the office. I sure as hell wouldn't want his job!! But, I guess this will get people to watch his show for a week or two. Poor guy needs ratings again by the looks of it. I'll be honest...I thought Obermann's show wasn't even on MSNBC anymore. Maybe he, Ann Coulter, and Rosie, and Al Sharpton can all find a place to fall off the face of the Earth sometime soon. I'm not cool with the communicating of Libby...however, there are bigger problems in the world right now than one guy avoiding 2 whole years of a minimum security, resort style "prison" term.
    But isnt respect something that is earned, not given? Dumbya certainly has not earned my respect. From flaunting 9/11 every chance like a 5 year old who found his father's gun to this Libby incident, Bush has been one cluster fuck after another. I haven't even touched the whole going to war for ever changing reasons and the screwing of southern farmers even though he was once the governor of a southern state. Of course, with Bush's limited intellect, I'm sure he feels food comes from the store and not grown somewhere. I'll be glad when he is out of office. Sadly, it will take many years to correct all the screw ups he has gotten us into.
    LSU Tigers 2003 & 2007 National Champs
    Detroit Pistons 2004 NBA Champs

If looks could kill, I'd stare at everybody!

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

07.12.08 @ 04:41 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Olbermann can definately set the record straight with his Special Comments.

The assholes in office do not deserve to finish their term.
    Respects.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the_atomic_punks_rule View Post
    I watched the whole thing and it cuts off at the very end...that sucked. Excellent points without a doubt.
    Sorry about that. This version is a tad longer:

KEITH OLBERMANN SPECIAL COMMENT *BUSH & CHENEY RESIGN NOW!* (10:07)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.27.07 @ 01:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I like Clinton, in my mind he was the greatest President in my lifetime. Having said that, I would rather have Libby pardoned then ANY of the MANY people Clinton pardoned.

It's politics, Libby was a Bush crony, eventually he was chosen to be a scapegoat for some nonsense they ALL were involved in. It was obvious from the beginning that Bush was going to pardon the dude (he actually wasn't pardoned at all, he just had part of his sentence commuted). Anyway, the only thing that caught me off guard was how fast it all happened. If anything it took some balls to do it this quickly, knowing the fall out that would soon follow!

And Kieth Olbermann is bullshitting everyone if he's trying to pass off his mock disbelief as if it's the real deal. That guy has been around Washington his entire career, he knows how it works, this didn't shock him at all, he's a liar.

Some of you people get to much of a kick from hearing someone on TV voice an opinion that is the same as your own, even if it's a lie. I have my own beliefs, a lot of them are constantly talked about in the news. I don't tune in just so that I can hear people talk about shit I already believe in, it's silly.
    Last edited by willy4pres; 07.05.07 at 12:18 PM.

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:07 AM
    Liked 3,111 Times in 1,822 Posts

Premium Member

Jesus Christ. It's amazing I actually got through that whole thing. I almost had to turn it off. Olbermann should have stayed on Sportscenter. He would have more people watching him.

OK, first off, the guy just has an axe to grind if he brings up the "lies" to send us to war. I am so tired of this line. In has been said so much by the media, that most American's just ASSUME that that is true.

Here's an excerpt from a CNN article from July of 2003:
    Clinton also said Tuesday night that at the end of his term, there was "a substantial amount of biological and chemical material unaccounted for " in Iraq.

"So I thought it was prudent for the president to go to the U.N. and for the U.N. to say, 'You got to let these inspectors in, and this time if you don't cooperate the penalty could be regime change, not just continued sanctions.'"

Clinton told King: "People can quarrel with whether we should have more troops in Afghanistan or internationalize Iraq or whatever, but it is incontestable that on the day I left office, there were unaccounted for stocks of biological and chemical weapons."

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/...ton.iraq.sotu/

So PLEASE, people like Keith Olbermann, STOP with the lie bullshit. It's NOT true. There was no lie by the Bush administration. And if there is, then again, you have to bring Clinton down too as a co-conspirator.

Second, drawing parallels with Nixon is ridiculous, and somehow Olbermann makes him some sort of "hero" because he decided not to put the country through an impeachment trial. If that's the honorable thing to do, then Clinton should have done it.

Clinton was impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice. So if we are going to spend 10 minutes doing a hatchet job on President Bush, then Olbermann ought to bring Clinton down with him in the same story. Especially because Mark Rich's pardon was BOUGHT by his wife, by spreading almost $2 million in donations to Hilary Clinton's Senate campaign, Bill Clinton's library fund, and the Democratic Party, and Clinton pardoned at least 2 people for obstruction of justice, at least 33 perjurers, child molesters, armed robbers (where police where killed), 72 drug dealers, and the list goes on. So for Olbermann to show some sort of feigned indignation in this speech is insulting to me, and anyone with a brain.

The bottom line, the President has the power to commute and pardon. Clinton and Bush have had questionable pardons (though I believe Clinton's long list--4 times longer than the current President--is more questionable), but it is not outside the scope of the law to do what they did.

Come on Keith Olbermann, shut up. William Morrow you're not. Good night, and good luck to you (on getting a brain).
    Last edited by lovemachine97(Version 2); 07.05.07 at 03:18 PM.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm a guy who's motivated by facts.

Here are the facts from the US Department of Justice:

Pardons and Communtation of President Gearge W. Bush:

http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2003/Nov...03_opa_607.htm

http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2004/May/04_opa_353.htm

http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2003/Nov...03_opa_607.htm

http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2005/June/05_opa_311.htm

http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2005/March/05_opa_095.htm

Here's the total list of Pardons by President William J Clinton:

http://www.usdoj.gov/pardon/clintonpardon_grants.htm

Now, I'm going to bet a years pay that most of you have never heard about 99% of these pardons from EITHER President. Neither have I.

The fact is that behind each pardon there is a story.Some of those stories involve political favors and some are just a case of a family/person making one final appeal for justice. Not everyone who goes to jail is guilty and not every guilty person gets a fair sentence.

The ability for Presidents and Governors to issue Pardons is important and should be preserved as it is.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Man....I try to stay out of politics around here, but looking at it from a different angle - as someone who's career is media-related - I have to say fuckin' A right Olbermann! It's about time the media started doing it's job and called these fuckers out for what they've done to our country.

And in case you're already responding, I don't care to hear a rebuttal that consists of how bad a president Clinton really was. That's the problem with Bush supporters: they can't defend the man without indicting Clinton. Regardless of you're opinion of Clinton, the man has been out of office for seven years. Clinton's gone. Bush is responsible for the mess this this country has become years and it's about time we faced up.

Honestly, I feel sorry for anyone with young children because they are going to be paying for the current administration's greedy blunders for a long, long time...
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

“…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

- Dewey Cox