Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Top Of The World
    Last Online

01.31.15 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Anyone here with a Mojave amp?

I'm really torn between the 5150 III and the Mojave Peacemaker. I'm leaning toward the Peacemaker simply because these days I mostly play at home and the power dampening feature will allow me to get all the benefits of power tube distortion without the volume. Similar to what Ed did with the variac.

Anyone here have an opinion?

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad. It Jamz!!!
    Last Online

04.11.13 @ 12:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Both those amps are bad ass ! if you get the mojave it would be more rare and harder to get . 5150 lll will be everywhere and you could get one anytime off ebay after a year or so . I would go with the mojave! Have you heard of these amps ? Killer!!

http://www.cameronamplifiers.com/

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Len75 View Post
    Both those amps are bad ass ! if you get the mojave it would be more rare and harder to get . 5150 lll will be everywhere and you could get one anytime off ebay after a year or so . I would go with the mojave! Have you heard of these amps ? Killer!!

http://www.cameronamplifiers.com/
    Interesting. Thanks for the link, they sound really good.

Hard to make a bad choice between the Mojave and 5150II really. The Mojave seems a little more user friendly in the home.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:18 PM
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

Both would probably be great choices, although the 5150 III is really an unproven entity in terms of tone. If all you are doing is playing at home and only require low volume stuff, then I wouldn't buy any 100 watt amp. Even the power dampening on the Mojave would still be too loud for home. It brings the amp down to 6 watts I believe, which is still very loud if you have neighbours to consider. I would get a Pod xt and an Atomic amplifier. It's a really good combination and gives you true low volume capabilities while maintaining your tone. I also own a 5150 block letter and a Mass 100 attenuator, and I don't use either at all anymore. By the time I get the volume down to truly bedroom levels, the 5150 sounds awful, all squished and buzzy. I've tried every every combination possible, and it just doesn't work. So now, I use the power section of the 5150 to power my pod xt into my 4 x 12 and I use the 5150 model on the pod. It sounds just like the real thing only I get very low volume levels so my neighbours and my wife are happy. I may be switching to the Atomic amp in the near future because it seems like overkill to use a power section of 120 watts going in to a 4 x 12 and then playing at tv volumes. I would really think about what you will be using the amp for and then base your purchase on that. Good luck and let us know how it works out.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:16 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

Again, in accordance with the original poster's question: DOES ANYONE HERE HAVE A MOJAVE AMP??

Also, what is/are:
    - your working hours
    - time you go to bed
    - do you have a vicious dog
    - are you armed with a loaded gun
    - are you a trained cage-fighter
    - exactly WHICH ROOM is the Mojave stored in

Thanks!

Toodles,
    - Majestic

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:16 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

One of my favorite EVH-inspired Mojave clips, real warm-yet-tight:

http://www.mojaveampworks.com/5Sound...ker/Buzzed.mp3

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
    One of my favorite EVH-inspired Mojave clips, real warm-yet-tight:

http://www.mojaveampworks.com/5Sound...ker/Buzzed.mp3

Nice. The 50 watt Scorpion would be a great amp for my needs.

Last Online

08.14.17 @ 06:52 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lieu910 View Post
    I'm really torn between the 5150 III and the Mojave Peacemaker. I'm leaning toward the Peacemaker simply because these days I mostly play at home and the power dampening feature will allow me to get all the benefits of power tube distortion without the volume. Similar to what Ed did with the variac.

Anyone here have an opinion?
    I was doing this exact thing today in my home with the 5150 III at pretty much bedroom volumes...gain on 1/10, volume on 6/10.

You really need to play this amp and fiddle with those two controls...between the two of them you can get just about anything you want, at any volume level, on any of the three channels.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikelong View Post
    I was doing this exact thing today in my home with the 5150 III at pretty much bedroom volumes...gain on 1/10, volume on 6/10.

You really need to play this amp and fiddle with those two controls...between the two of them you can get just about anything you want, at any volume level, on any of the three channels.

How are you liking the 5150III?

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lieu910 View Post
    How are you liking the 5150III?
    I'm liking it more and more each day...the key is the relationship between the gain and volume knobs...the amp can make a lot of sounds I don't like, but when you tweak those two knobs I can get the tones I love at any volume level!!

Yeah, I'd say I'm happy with it!

I only play at home so it's crucial to have at least one amp that can give up the goods at a low voulme level, and this one can do exactly that.

Favorite VH Album

All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/ Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

04.08.16 @ 04:20 PM
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikelong View Post
    I'm liking it more and more each day...the key is the relationship between the gain and volume knobs...the amp can make a lot of sounds I don't like, but when you tweak those two knobs I can get the tones I love at any volume level!!

Yeah, I'd say I'm happy with it!

I only play at home so it's crucial to have at least one amp that can give up the goods at a low voulme level, and this one can do exactly that.
    Dude, I'm happy for ya and all, but why spend so much scratch to have that thing in the bedroom at those low levels? Plenty of amps would have done the job at 1/4 of the price? Just curious that's all!

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smme5150 View Post
    Dude, I'm happy for ya and all, but why spend so much scratch to have that thing in the bedroom at those low levels? Plenty of amps would have done the job at 1/4 of the price? Just curious that's all!
    I just like to experiment with new gear I guess...every now and then I get to crank it up!!

My other amps are Komets and Divided By 13s...you get spoiled quickly after playing those amps.