Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

Default More terror as bombers target Glasgow airport

More terror as bombers target Glasgow airport
    By Sean Rayment, Security Correspondent, Sunday Telegraph
    Last Updated: 11:48pm BST 30/06/2007

Britain was placed on the highest terror threat level of "critical" last night, meaning an attack was expected imminently, after the third apparent attempt in 36 hours. A Jeep, reportedly crammed with gas cylinders, burst into flames after crashing into Glasgow airport.

The Jeep burst into flames after crashing into the terminal building

Two men, believed to be Asian, were arrested at the scene of what appeared to be a botched suicide attack, minutes after a green Jeep Cherokee exploded at the main terminal building.

The attack came as detectives continued a massive manhunt for three men thought to be behind a suspected al-Qaeda plot to detonate car bombs in central London. Detectives and MI5 agents now believe those involved in the London plot were part of a previously unknown al-Qaeda terrorist cell thought to be preparing to launch a series of Baghdad-style car bombings.

Jacqui Smith, the new Home Secretary, described the Glasgow attack as "serious", and said the national threat level had been raised.

Willie Rae, the Chief Constable of Strathclyde, confirmed last night that police were linking the London and Glasgow attacks. This could spell a frightening escalation and widening of the Islamist fanatic threat to Britain. Previous attacks have been confined to London.

advertisement
    Eyewitnesses at Glasgow airport said the driver of the vehicle deliberately ploughed the blazing Cherokee into the glass front of the main terminal.

James Stark told BBC News 24 that the driver had revved the engine before getting out a can of petrol and pouring it over himself and the vehicle. Travellers watched in horror as one of the two men was said to have tried to pull gas cylinders from the vehicle's boot before it exploded.

The driver, who was on fire as the vehicle smashed into Terminal One, fought with police and security officials as they tried to extinguish the flames. One of the men was wrestled to the ground by a member of the public.

Both suspects were handcuffed and taken into custody by armed police minutes after the vehicle went up in flames at about 3.15pm.

In London, as the hunt went on for the terrorists who attempted to blow up two Mercedes cars in the West End in the early hours of Friday, MI5 chiefs cancelled all staff leave, with other investigations suspended and extra resources committed to finding the bomb-plot -terrorists. The security organisation is monitoring 30 suspected plots involving more than 1,700 possible terrorists, an increase of 100 since November.

Detectives hope that the two Mercedes cars used to carry the London bombs will provide a "gold mine" of scientific evidence and lead to the capture of the culprits.

One security source has told The Sunday Telegraph that if the bombers are "unknowns" it would be evident that -Britain's multi-billion pound intelligence network had failed to keep pace with the threat posed by Islamist terrorists.

Security officials admitted that they had no warning of the London bombs

Security officials admitted that they had no warning of the plot to explode two cars filled with gas, petrol and nails in the Haymarket area near Piccadilly. Had the attacks succeeded, it is estimated that hundreds of people would have been killed or injured.

Despite having hours of CCTV footage - there are 160 cameras in the area - neither the police nor MI5 have even partially identified three men believed to be involved. This suggests that the plotters are either unknown foreigners or British-based volunteers recently recruited by al-Qaeda

Reports from the United States that the three men had been identified and one of them was known to be an associate of Dhiren Barot, a terrorist who planned to set off a string of car bombs across London, were dismissed by government officials.

One Glasgow suspect was taken to Govan police station while the injured attacker was treated for burns at the Royal Alexandra Hospital in Paisley. The hospital's accident and emergency unit was closed to any further patients after reports of a "suspect device".

All flights in and out of Glasgow were cancelled and Liverpool John Lennon airport was later closed. Newcastle and Edinburgh airports were on heightened alert and armed police were patrolling Blackpool airport. Sources in Washington said that there would be much stricter security at airports in the United States.

Gordon Brown, the Prime Minister, took the chair last night at a meeting of the Government's Cobra national security committee. The meeting communicated via a conference call with the First Minister, Alex Salmond, in the Scottish Executive emergency room in Edinburgh.

One of the suspects was taken to the Royal Alexandra Hospital in Paisley, near Glasgow, were he was detained while being treated for severe burns and was last night described as being in a critical condition. Police said that while the man was being treated a “suspicious device” was found on the man at the hospital. The hospital was partly evacuated as the device was removed.

Eyewitnesses described seeing police officers carrying what appeared to be a belt of explosives out of the hospital and into the middle of a nearby cricket ground. Strathclyde Police’s Chief Constable Willie Rae said: “While the man was being treated a suspect device was found at the hospital. The hospital was partly evacuated before device was removed and put into a safe area.”

Police also confirmed that one member of the public was injured in the attack on the airport.

Prime Minister Gordon Brown emerged from the Cobra meeting to give a short, sombre statement.

He said: "The first duty of a Government is the security and safety of all the British people so it is right to raise to the level of security at airports and crowded places in light of heightened threat.

"I want all the British people to be vigilant and I want them to support the police and all the authorities in all the difficult decisions they need to make. I know the British people will stand together, united, resolute and strong."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...1/nterr101.xml
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.27.07 @ 01:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

After that first batch of crazies they sure do have trouble finding people that can finish a job. I think Al Queda might want to consider adding an entrance exam to their recruitment process.

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/new...tm?bw=bb&mp=wm

Footage as of right now... apparently we are to expect a wave of attacks, possibly co-ordinated from Al Queda in Pakistan.

Not good!!

BTW.. it was a suicide belt the twat was wearing and the car had petrol and gas on board.. if he had made it into the terminal building they would have been looking at casualties into the hundreds... fucking bastards!
    Last edited by stilleddiesangel; 06.30.07 at 04:13 PM.
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Luckily for everyone, these guys don't seem to have it together.

I don't get it, the UK has just elected a new PM who's main mission is to get out of Iraq. I don't see how this helps the Islamic cause.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post

I don't get it, the UK has just elected a new PM who's main mission is to get out of Iraq. I don't see how this helps the Islamic cause.
    That's a good point, it is strange. I think it might have something to do with these people being FUCKING CRAZY!!!

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

"I want all the British people to be vigilant and I want them to support the police and all the authorities in all the difficult decisions they need to make. I know the British people will stand together, united, resolute and strong."

Exactly what support from civils they expect when even cops are not equiped with guns. I'm not sure about International Airports but in the streets they carry nothing on them.
    I'm all for being vigilant, but you-vs-TNT jeep doesn't have many options to choose from, regardless of how you'd be willing to 'help'.

I'm just glad they didn't reach the target and blew up themselves instead. Morons.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by WinterlessIceness View Post

Exactly what support from civils they expect when even cops are not equiped with guns. I'm not sure about International Airports but in the streets they carry nothing on them.
    I'm all for being vigilant, but you-vs-TNT jeep doesn't have many options to choose from, regardless of how you'd be willing to 'help'.

I'm just glad they didn't reach the target and blew up themselves instead. Morons.
    I don't think a 9mm would be much good against a "TNT jeep" either.

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by willy4pres View Post
    I don't think a 9mm would be much good against a "TNT jeep" either.
    Yes but some stuff in Show Us Ya Guns thread would give it quite a challenge!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by WinterlessIceness View Post
    Yes but some stuff in Show Us Ya Guns thread would give it quite a challenge!
    Yup, an AR15 with a bayonet attached should do the trick!

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Al Qaeda ....... yeah right...

I'm sure this has nothing at all to do with someone wanting to convince Mr. Brown that he better be a good little poodle just like Mr. Blair was.

Glasgow as a target makes this even more likely, seeing as Brown's one of those skirt wearers from the North.

"Better stay on with the Coalition of the Shilling, Gordo...... Or we're gonna get ya!

Luv,

George
    ......er uh I mean Osama"
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

That's a good point, it is strange. I think it might have something to do with these people being FUCKING CRAZY!!!
    I think that's an accurate assessment. Logic doesn't seem to be their contribution to the globe.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Never thought of it like that.

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

The ones about Dancing
    Last Online

11.26.14 @ 12:50 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

After that first batch of crazies they sure do have trouble finding people that can finish a job. I think Al Queda might want to consider adding an entrance exam to their recruitment process.
    That is a good point I believe they lost the best they had to offer on 911.

It takes a lot of D I S C I P L I N E to willing lay your life on the line.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 305 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post

It's part of the western world what don't you get?
    They want you to convert or die.

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:48 PM
    Liked 33 Times in 13 Posts

It was the BCE who did it, right Ford?
    Wolfie is not Mike, but he's more than ok.
    Mike is gone, but not forgotten. They played some amazing shows from 2007-2015; some people are in denial about it.

9/27/07- Charlotte, NC
    10/1/07- Philadelphia, PA
    10/20/07- Detroit, NI
    11/3/07- Meadowlands, NJ
    11/13/07- The Garden

05/13/08- Meadowlands, NJ II!!!!!

2/28/12- The Garden
    3/1/12- The Garden
    4/21/12- Greensboro,NC

8/9/15- Holmdel, NJ
    9/13/15- Tampa, FL