Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Tabula Rasa
    Last Online

09.26.16 @ 10:54 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Default Why so much hate?

At least once a year I post the same question here.

What's the problem now? Why everybody is against the band. Why everybody is complaining about the newsletter signup?

Van Halen is the band I love. I'm 31 now, I'm not a fanatic anymore as I was 15 years ago, but I still love the band.

If they want to tour they'll tour.
    If they want to come to Europe I'll buy tickets for all my family.
    If they want to release a CD they'll do it.
    If they want to change bassist, they are free to do so, they have the right to do that.
    If there are no news, well that's it. No news. Why complaining?
    BUT:
    If they are tired of their band, they are free to stop playing.
    If they want to NOT release anything new or old, they are free to do that.

NOBODY should complain.

Let the members of the band (present and past) have their life. Let them choose what they feel comfortable with. Respect their silence.

It's just freedom of choice.
    Be ready for my new amp "III OSIS" produced by H^3 in stores soon [that was funny in 2006]

http://myspace.com/danielbacic ...actually not anymore

www.bacic-tech.com ...gone
    www.viba-sas.it ...website of my old company... gone.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

For me it's not so much hate as it is frustration with this band, such as it is. Where do I start??????

Don't worry, not gonna start here.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:37 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smithjc View Post
    For me it's not so much hate as it is frustration with this band, such as it is. Where do I start??????

Don't worry, not gonna start here.

there's a difference between being frustrated and pissing on the band every fucking time something happens or does not happen

everyone thinks this is their band, it's kinda amusing at times

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

I'm not one to do that sorta thing. I am upset that they're still forging ahead with the father/son act but it's not the end of my world.

Helluva big disappointment and end to a long wait, but it's not the end all be all for me.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts

Donor

What's the problem now? Why everybody is against the band. Why everybody is complaining about the newsletter signup?
    I don't get it either.

Do nothing and people complain.

Make a small gesture that obviously has Edwards blessing, and people still complain.

Maybe this is the route Edward is taking in his recovery process.

Baby steps....just like recovery.
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:37 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smithjc View Post
    I'm not one to do that sorta thing. I am upset that they're still forging ahead with the father/son act but it's not the end of my world.

Helluva big disappointment and end to a long wait, but it's not the end all be all for me.

i know smithjc, i didn't say you in particular

if ed wants his kid in the band, that's the way it's gonna be. he has every right to do it

personally, i'd rather see mike any day of the week and twice on sunday, but i can't control it, nor can anyone here. people should start accepting the way this band is already

Favorite VH Album

Tabula Rasa
    Last Online

09.26.16 @ 10:54 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    he has every right to do it
    Right.
    Be ready for my new amp "III OSIS" produced by H^3 in stores soon [that was funny in 2006]

http://myspace.com/danielbacic ...actually not anymore

www.bacic-tech.com ...gone
    www.viba-sas.it ...website of my old company... gone.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Anything Ed plays on
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

08.19.10 @ 08:10 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

What each member does is his buisness and his alone. They don't owe anyone anything at all. All we can do is hope. It's wrong for us to be so selfish and not care about the lives and health of each band member, and to only care about the music.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.27.07 @ 01:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I don't hate Van Halen, I love them. When I say "go fuck yourself" think of me saying it to one of my best friends (who happens to be a mooch and doesn't ever seem to know what's best for him, and yet he always seems to ask for help). Oh, and after you help the dude out he acts like he resents you for the effort.

I will see them if they go out on the road, but they can go fuck themselves. It's really not that complicated.
    Last edited by willy4pres; 06.30.07 at 03:41 PM.

Favorite VH Album

All Classic DLR Era
    Favorite VH Song

All Classic DLR Era
    Last Online

09.12.17 @ 08:35 AM
    Liked 31 Times in 16 Posts

Because they still can't get the original lineup together. PERIOD!
    I can't remember which comedian said it, about the current state of Van Halen, but he said right now, Van Halen is like a really hot playboy playmate with a prosthetic leg.

BRING BACK THE CLASSIC LINEUP!

I can't even have an opinion on ANYTHING anymore unless it's exactly what everyone else thinks...oh and if I do it means I HATE this album, and hope it fails. Man some of you can fuck off...seriously. - BRETT

"You make music for people. Otherwise, just play in your closet. And how do you reach the most people? By giving them the band that they know. To do it any other way would be selfish.” - EVH, June 19, 2015 Billboard Magazine

"That's a load of crap. The fans know Michael Anthony." - Me, regarding the above quote from EVH, June 19, 2015

Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:12 PM
    Liked 1,611 Times in 992 Posts

Donor

Hate's a strong word. Cynical would be a more accurate term for most long time Van Halen fans.

'A small gesture' to some is just another meaningless bread crumb to others. When you have the new musical goods in hand, or when you're at the show and they're onstage...then and only then should you accept the reality of anything Van Halen.

All else is just more of the same old 'Almost but Not Quite.'

After decades of plans falling through, it becomes a pattern, which leads to expectations, which leads to dissapointment, which in turn creates dissatisfaction and the motivation to express it among the fans.

That's why the 'hate.' But really, it's just frustration. It's somewhat amazing Ed and Al have any fanbase or industry cred left, after the ridiculous shit they've pulled for the last ten years.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.27.07 @ 01:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    Hate's a strong word. Cynical would be a more accurate term for most long time Van Halen fans.

'A small gesture' to some is just another meaningless bread crumb to others. When you have the new musical goods in hand, or when you're at the show and they're onstage...then and only then should you accept the reality of anything Van Halen.

After decades of plans falling through, it becomes a pattern, which leads to expectations, which leads to dissapointment, which in turn creates dissatisfaction and the motivation to express it among the fans.

That's why the 'hate.' But really, it's just frustration. It's somewhat amazing Ed and Al have any fanbase or industry cred left, after the ridiculous shit they've pulled for the last ten years.
    Well, with that post this thread should be considered over.

If the US Government wanted to do research on people who experience abnormal ammounts of frustration and "bullshitedness" they only need to check out this message board. I meen, Ed actually threatened to hurt one of us!

Nice post Squalen.

Last Online

07.20.15 @ 05:47 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by batch View Post
    At least once a year I post the same question here.

Van Halen is the band I love. I'm 31 now, I'm not a fanatic anymore as I was 15 years ago, but I still love the band.

If they want to tour they'll tour.
    If they want to come to Europe I'll buy tickets for all my family.
    If they want to release a CD they'll do it.
    If they want to change bassist, they are free to do so, they have the right to do that.
    If there are no news, well that's it. No news. Why complaining?
    BUT:
    If they are tired of their band, they are free to stop playing.
    If they want to NOT release anything new or old, they are free to do that.

NOBODY should complain.

Let the members of the band (present and past) have their life. Let them choose what they feel comfortable with. Respect their silence.

It's just freedom of choice.
    You're so right!!!!!!!!!
    no matter what they do people complain and no matter what the people here say someone complains or has some comment to make.....

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 10:41 PM
    Liked 209 Times in 124 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post

Actually, the fact that VH still has a fanbase (and a fairly obsessive one at that) after all the dick-teasing.....should serve as a testament to how great this band really was....

We just can't seem to let go......and we should have, a long time ago.....

Favorite VH Album

VH I, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake, dirty movies
    Last Online

03.06.12 @ 10:07 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah I am with batch and JMJ on this one. People who aren't obsessed with VH must think Van Halen fans are the biggest bunch of whiny cry baby pussies if they drop by here. How many good years of music and partying did everyone here have with VH? How much inspiration and joy has come from one man's fingers touching a fretboard?

Eddie and VH don't owe anyone jack, especially since the majority seem to just bash them whenever possible. I wouldn't be surprised if wolfie was surfing the web and found this place and showed his dad and he thought 'fuck them I'm gonna live my life the way I want'.

Its his life. Its everyone in the bands own lives. People tend to think these guys are superhuman. Ed may appear to be superhuman at times in the past but thats because he sat in his fuckign room for years doing nothing but playing guitar. Respect the mans wishes. If he wants to pass the torch on to his kid and play with him on stage before he dies SO BE IT. I'm sorry, does no man here ever wish to do that? Has no one here ever had something passed on to them by his father? Are VH fans really that selfish to bash another man because of that? That seems childish to me. Are all VH fans little boys?

We should be greatful for everything the band has done. Not be spolied brats because or heroes of yesterday won't go on a sell-out world tour so everyone can relive the 80s. Those days are gone. Be glad we had them. Who knows maybe something good will happen in the future. Sometimes these threads seem like little kids at toys r us arguing over something.

And for the record I do recognize their faults and mishandlings in the past and sometimes it baffles me, but not one of us knows the real story or knows whats its like to be any of them. Of course I want to see the original 4 back together on stage again (I was only born in 82 so I missed out on all that), but if it doesn't happen so be it. I'm just glad I bought VH I the summer of 7th grade as it changed my life. VH doesn't owe me another thing for the rest of my life.
    Last edited by Big Dainjerus; 06.30.07 at 06:31 PM.