Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Woody Paige and that insufferable twit from ESPN's "Cold Pizza" named in lawsuit...

Sexual harassment suit targets ESPN's Crawford, Paige

NEW YORK (AP) — A woman who worked on the set of the ESPN talk show Cold Pizza is suing the sports network, claiming she was fired after complaining about sexual harassment by the show's host and one of its regular panelists.
    In the lawsuit, which also names ESPN host Jay Crawford and sports commentator Woody Paige, Rita Ragone claims that Paige pinched and fondled her and she was subjected to crude sexual comments from Crawford.

Ragone, a makeup artist and hair stylist from the Bronx, claimed Paige once grabbed her backside so forcefully, she was "propelled forward and into the air."

"It is not true," Paige said in an e-mail to The Associated Press. He declined further comment.

ESPN officials did not immediately return phone and e-mail messages and Jay Crawford did not respond to a page at the company's offices.

The lawsuit, filed Wednesday in federal court, claims that the harassment began almost immediately after Ragone was hired by a video production company in 2005 to do hair and makeup on the Cold Pizza set.

Ragone said Paige, now a columnist with The Denver Post, repeatedly made vulgar remarks about her appearance. Crawford, she said, made unwanted sexual advances, told her she only got the job because of her looks, and contributed to a locker-room atmosphere by making disparaging remarks about another hair stylist.

Ragone said the situation was exacerbated by a few other female employees who didn't seem to mind the atmosphere, including a stylist who gave the men lap dances.

"Ms. Ragone had never worked in such a vulgar or obscene environment," her lawyers wrote in the lawsuit.

Ragone said she raised complaints with managers at ESPN and her employer, Atlantic Video, only to be told to keep quiet. Ragone said a manager at Atlantic Video fired her last year after she refused to let the complaints drop.

An official at Atlantic Video, also named as a defendant, declined to comment.

ESPN discontinued Cold Pizza in May, replacing it with First Take, a similar program also co-hosted by Crawford.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Harold Reynolds was immediately fired for much the same thing, yet these guys get to keep their jobs?
    Last edited by chefcraig; 06.30.07 at 10:28 AM.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

5150-Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.22.16 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 21 Posts

For some reason , i'm siding with the woman on this one...what's with ESPN.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

It can't be race, Mike Tirico's still there. He went through his own harrassment issues a few years ago.

Woody is annoying and hilarious and pathetic all in one. I have a feeling it's BS, but I can also totally see it happening, with him.

Look, if Marv Albert can survive his deal, there's no such thing as total shame anymore, at least with TV sportscasters.

Personally, I think there had to be more to the Harold thing. Something's keeping him from landing somewhere, because he was good at the job, IMO.

"propelled forward and into the air"....hahahahahahaha.....

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:30 PM
    Liked 33 Times in 13 Posts

Lap dances at work? sign me up!
    Wolfie is not Mike, but he's more than ok.
    Mike is gone, but not forgotten. They played some amazing shows from 2007-2015; some people are in denial about it.

9/27/07- Charlotte, NC
    10/1/07- Philadelphia, PA
    10/20/07- Detroit, NI
    11/3/07- Meadowlands, NJ
    11/13/07- The Garden

05/13/08- Meadowlands, NJ II!!!!!

2/28/12- The Garden
    3/1/12- The Garden
    4/21/12- Greensboro,NC

8/9/15- Holmdel, NJ
    9/13/15- Tampa, FL

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Look...I was in critical condition at hospital myself...at one point, the doctors conceded my death. Somehow, I was brought back to life. Yes, the event changed me to a great extent, yet under no circumstances since then have I wished to become a "spiritual make-up artist".
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw