Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Banned! Apocalypso's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.28.06
    Posts
    1,426
    Last Online

    11.22.07 @ 06:44 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default VH Book Author Comments On Leaked "Page Six" Excerpt

    http://tinyurl.com/2bmpvf

    About halfway down the comments section under the story, author (if that is indeed him) Ian Christe comments about a snippet of his upcoming book on Van Halen titled "Everybody Wants Some" which describes the well known method Dave used during the heyday of his stint in the band to single out girls in the audience for after-show partying. In repsonse to the leaked passage from the book Ian writes:

    "I guess they weren't as interested in what I had to say about Michael Anthony's bass solos."

    I don't know where the Post got a leaked manuscript, but I guess you haven't been used until you've been used by Page Six.

    I wrote the book Everybody Wants Some, and after reading that story I feel like I've just stepped off a transatlantic flight with leaky toilets running down the aisle. The part about the Van Halen grid system is fine -- Roth talked about it on David Letterman 25 years ago. The scrapbook is news to me. And the last paragraph is one extremely dark moment in a story that spans Roth, the Van Halen brothers, Michael Anthony, and Sammy Hagar's entire lives.

    So in short, I feel pretty cheap right now, especially since the book won't be released until August to put some counterbalance and substance against this lurid claims. The full cover is here, with some more details:

    http://bangbangblog.info/tag/van-halen-book/

    +++++

    T.B.

  2. #2
    Atomic Punk Lodewijk's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.15.03
    Age
    47
    Location
    Spring, TX.
    Posts
    13,543
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    She's The Woman, Mean Street
    Last Online

    05.21.17 @ 06:59 AM
    Likes
    6
    Liked 44 Times in 20 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    I love how they altered the cover pic and put clothes on the chicks......The original really spoke to the sex, drugs, and rock n' roll Van Halen lifestyle. Maybe it still does that........but I liked it better with the chicks nekkid !
    Lode's Facebook
    @Lode13 on Twitter

  3. #3
    Atomic Punk Little Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.25.99
    Age
    45
    Location
    Pasadena, CA, USA
    Posts
    8,931
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Hear About It Later
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 12:52 PM
    Likes
    987
    Liked 1,383 Times in 758 Posts

    Default

    The cover mentions Van Halen as the "heaviest metal band of all time!!?!?"

    Uh-oh. I was getting all excited, but if even on the COVER they start with untruths and complete invention, I wonder how accurate it will be. We still have yet to hear if Ian Christie talked to any new "source" to write the book.
    Little Dreamer

  4. #4
    Cabo-holic cabo_brent's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.28.04
    Age
    46
    Location
    Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA
    Posts
    2,078
    Last Online

    08.21.14 @ 01:17 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    I have Ian Christe's book called "Complete Headbanging History of Heavy Metal"...i'm about 1/2 way through it...it's a good read, i believe this dude knows his stuff...
    ...and in the end, on dreams we will depend...


    VH Shows: 18
    Dave Solo Shows: 9
    Sam Solo Shows: 14
    Chickenfoot Shows: 2

    The CABO count...my trips to Baja:
    Jan. 2001
    Apr. 2004
    Jan. 2006
    April 2009
    Sept 2013
    May 2014

  5. #5
    aftershock5 BOBW_5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.11.05
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    516
    Favorite VH Album

    =VH= II & 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Women in Love & Aftershock
    Last Online

    08.17.08 @ 08:02 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    ?Confused?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypso View Post
    http://tinyurl.com/2bmpvf

    About halfway down the comments section under the story, author (if that is indeed him) Ian Christe comments about a snippet of his upcoming book on Van Halen titled "Everybody Wants Some" which describes the well known method Dave used during the heyday of his stint in the band to single out girls in the audience for after-show partying. In repsonse to the leaked passage from the book Ian writes:

    "I guess they weren't as interested in what I had to say about Michael Anthony's bass solos."

    I don't know where the Post got a leaked manuscript, but I guess you haven't been used until you've been used by Page Six.

    I wrote the book Everybody Wants Some, and after reading that story I feel like I've just stepped off a transatlantic flight with leaky toilets running down the aisle. The part about the Van Halen grid system is fine -- Roth talked about it on David Letterman 25 years ago. The scrapbook is news to me. And the last paragraph is one extremely dark moment in a story that spans Roth, the Van Halen brothers, Michael Anthony, and Sammy Hagar's entire lives.

    So in short, I feel pretty cheap right now, especially since the book won't be released until August to put some counterbalance and substance against this lurid claims. The full cover is here, with some more details:

    http://bangbangblog.info/tag/van-halen-book/

    +++++

    T.B.
    I'm confused here

    You say you wrote a book called EWS?

    Or did this Ian C. steal it from you?

    Don't know what you are tryin' to convey here
    "Michael Anthony on the Bass"

    -David Lee Roth, Largo--1982

    -Formally, aftershock5-

  6. #6
    Banned!
    Join Date
    04.27.07
    Location
    At my house
    Posts
    7,262
    Favorite VH Album

    Anything Ed plays on
    Favorite VH Song

    See above
    Last Online

    08.19.10 @ 08:10 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cabo_brent View Post
    I have Ian Christe's book called "Complete Headbanging History of Heavy Metal"...i'm about 1/2 way through it...it's a good read, i believe this dude knows his stuff...
    I've read that book about 4 times. It is a very good read.

  7. #7
    Eruption empyre44's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.28.03
    Location
    Boston, MA USA
    Posts
    1,222
    Last Online

    08.02.15 @ 09:03 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    i like how the author at least is giving the credit that this isnt a new item from the book and something that has been out there before...im now a little more interested in getting the book. i wonder what kind of access he had and what new things are in there and to see if there is any difference into his version of all the breakups

  8. #8
    Little Dreamer
    Join Date
    01.07.05
    Posts
    1
    Last Online

    10.23.07 @ 02:05 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    "[It] featured sights like a backward-leaning naked girl being used as a coffee table, a lit cigarette in her [private parts]," Christe writes.


    Damn I lost my copy of that pic, anybody has it??? It was a classic.
    B+W of course.
    Please post it

  9. #9
    Little Dreamer
    Join Date
    06.25.07
    Posts
    1
    Last Online

    06.25.07 @ 05:24 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    "I love how they altered the cover pic and put clothes on the chicks"

    I'm the editor for Ian's VH book. We didn't put clothes on the ladies. There are several variations of the picture we used for the cover (which covers the entire jacket, putting Dave and Mike on the back). The one on the front was wearing a bikini top and a skimpy bottom of some sort. To make the title "pop" more, we fuzzed some black around it and over her a bit. The lady on the back is topless, but seeing as bookstores frown on stocking books with such bold nudity on them, we covered her up with a box for copy.

  10. #10
    Hang 'Em High perticelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.07.03
    Age
    52
    Posts
    6,658
    Favorite VH Album

    fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

    unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

    11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spower View Post
    "I love how they altered the cover pic and put clothes on the chicks"

    I'm the editor for Ian's VH book. We didn't put clothes on the ladies. There are several variations of the picture we used for the cover (which covers the entire jacket, putting Dave and Mike on the back). The one on the front was wearing a bikini top and a skimpy bottom of some sort. To make the title "pop" more, we fuzzed some black around it and over her a bit. The lady on the back is topless, but seeing as bookstores frown on stocking books with such bold nudity on them, we covered her up with a box for copy.
    there will be no charge or lawsuits from me if u happen to slip copies of those alternate shots in my PM....
    Eddie is the greatest, period

    The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

    SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

  11. #11
    Cabo-holic cabo_brent's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.28.04
    Age
    46
    Location
    Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA
    Posts
    2,078
    Last Online

    08.21.14 @ 01:17 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by perticelli View Post
    there will be no charge or lawsuits from me if u happen to slip copies of those alternate shots in my PM....

    here, here..we love getting those kind of PM's.
    ...and in the end, on dreams we will depend...


    VH Shows: 18
    Dave Solo Shows: 9
    Sam Solo Shows: 14
    Chickenfoot Shows: 2

    The CABO count...my trips to Baja:
    Jan. 2001
    Apr. 2004
    Jan. 2006
    April 2009
    Sept 2013
    May 2014

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. you tube "leaked track" videos...
    By bullitt in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12.17.06, 06:59 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09.10.02, 05:59 PM
  3. Interesting bug in the "author" section of some people's posts
    By UnleashVH in forum VHLinks Feedback & Troubleshooting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05.30.02, 08:54 AM
  4. Hola! Comments on my "brown sound"?
    By ratter in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04.10.02, 09:14 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01.28.02, 11:54 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •