Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 33 Times in 13 Posts

Default Score one for the good guys- the US!

but I thought the war on terror isn't real or focused?

TERROR TYCOON JAILED
    ARMS BIG'S GI SLAY PLOT
    By KATI CORNELL
    Syrian arms dealer Monzer al Kassar.
    June 9, 2007 -- A notorious Syrian arms dealer who lived above the law for three decades while arming terrorists around the globe and building a vast fortune has been nabbed on federal charges for conspiring to kill American military personnel.

The spectacularly wealthy Monzer al Kassar, 61, was forced to trade his palatial estate in Marbella, Spain, for the confines of a prison cell after authorities grabbed him at Madrid's Barajas airport Thursday.

His downfall came as the result of a Drug Enforcement Administration sting operation. He allegedly agreed to sell a staggering array of weaponry and a small army of men to a terrorist organization battling U.S. military in Colombia.

Known as the "Prince of Marbella," al Kassar has been considered one of the world's most prolific arms dealers since the 1970s, supplying military equipment used in conflicts from Iraq and Iran to Somalia, Croatia and Bosnia.

"Al Kassar has been called one of the Iraqi government's most-wanted and a notorious trans-national criminal" for backing the insurgency, Karen Tandy, DEA administrator, said.

"He funds and arms terror, sometimes based on a shared ideology of hatred for America and what we stand for and sometimes purely for greed, even arming both sides of a conflict."

The arms dealer met his match in an $8 million deal set up by two DEA sources who claimed to be in the market for weapons for the drug-running terror group Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias de Colombia.

Al Kassar and two cohorts allegedly promised a stunning 8,000 machine guns, 2 million rounds of ammo, 120 rocket-propelled grenade launchers, 2,400 hand grenades and surface-to-air missile systems designed to take down U.S. military helicopters.

The dealer also offered trainers to instruct terrorists on using improvised explosive devices and a thousand fighters, prosecutors said.

Authorities secretly recorded al Kassar and two cohorts between February 2006 and May of this year, during which time the DEA sources visited the Marbella estate.

Al Kassar allegedly accepted a $400,000 down payment for the deal, money wired from New York to bank accounts in Spain and Lebanon. No weapons changed hands.

Also charged in the indictment, unsealed in Manhattan federal court yesterday, are Tareq Mousa al Ghazi, 60, and Luis Felipe Morano Godoy, 58, who were arrested in Romania.

Spain previously accused al Kassar of involvement in the hijacking of the Achille Lauro cruise liner in 1985, but he beat the case at trial in 1995.
    Wolfie is not Mike, but he's more than ok.
    Mike is gone, but not forgotten. They played some amazing shows from 2007-2015; some people are in denial about it.

9/27/07- Charlotte, NC
    10/1/07- Philadelphia, PA
    10/20/07- Detroit, NI
    11/3/07- Meadowlands, NJ
    11/13/07- The Garden

05/13/08- Meadowlands, NJ II!!!!!

2/28/12- The Garden
    3/1/12- The Garden
    4/21/12- Greensboro,NC

8/9/15- Holmdel, NJ
    9/13/15- Tampa, FL

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

So the BCE turns against yet another one of their old friends.......

Seems that old Monzer was "one of the good guys" back when he was arming the Contra terrorists in the 1980's........

The Undelivered Shipment and Distribution (July-September 1986)

In July 1986, the Enterprise paid Defex (Portugal) $2.6 million and $500,000 to another dealer, Monzer Al Kassar, for contra weapons. In late July, a shipment of arms left Portugal for Central America aboard the recently acquired Enterprise freighter, the Erria.8 According to Thomas Parlow, the Erria's Danish shipping agent, the freighter was carrying arms picked up in Poland and Portugal.9
    http://fas.org/irp/offdocs/walsh/chap_08.htm

And Monzer was also involved with BCCI, the corrupt terrorist financing bank set up by Poppy Bush's CIA. He's also apparently linked to the bombing of PanAm Flight 103.

7. Next, the program excerpts FTR-186. The discussion reviews the links between alleged CIA operative James R. Bath, BCCI and Arbusto Energy, George W’s first oil company. (Fortunate Son; J.H. Hatfield; St. Martin’s Press; copyright 2000 [HC].) (The Outlaw Bank; Jonathan Beatty and S.C. Gwynne; copyright 1993; Ramjack [published in the United States by Random House] )

8. The report on BCCI also recommends investigation of possible links between BCCI and Monzer Al Kassar, one of the top arms and drug dealers involved in the Iran-Contra affair. ("Appendices: Matters for Further Investigation" from the Senate Foreign Relations Committee’s report on BCCI; accessed at www.aci.net/kalliste/bcci23.htm) For more on Monzer Al-Kassar, see also: RFA #’s 32, 35, 38, as well as FTR #’s 5, 29, 51, 61, 103, 109.)

9. Next, the broadcast highlights connections between Osama Bin Laden and Al-Kassar. (“The Great Hunt” by Pino Buongiorno; Panorama; 1/25/2001; p. 83.) Bin Laden attempted to buy $400 million worth of weapons from Al-Kassar.

10. The rest of the program excerpts FTR-228. The excerpt highlights a meeting in Jerusalem in July of 1986 at which George Bush and Army intelligence agents McKee and Gannon were present. (This meeting had been a major point of interest for Iran-Contra Special Prosecutor Lawrence Walsh. (Iran-Contra: The Final Report; published by Times Books.)

11. Both McKee and Gannon were killed in the bombing of Pan Am flight 103. (Gideon's Spies; Gordon Thomas; Thomas Dunne; copyright 1999.) (The name of arms and drug dealer Monzer Al-Kassar has come up in connection with the bombing of Pan Am 103. The Pan Am insurance investigator's report claimed that Al-Kassar was the author of the bombing and that the attack was allowed to go forward in order to silence McKee and Gannon. Al-Kassar was pivotally involved in the Iran-Contra scandal. (For more on Pan Am 103, Monzer Al-Kassar, George Bush and the Iran-Contra scandal, see RFA #'s 32, 35, 38 and ETR #'s 5, 29, 51, 61, 103, 109.) If the BCCI affair were fully investigated, it seems probable that the resulting scandal would bring down the Bush administration in that Bush, his father, Dick Cheney and Colin Powell are implicated in one aspect or another of the Iran-Contra affair, the Iraqgate scandal, or the machinations of Osama Bin Laden. (See also: L-8, Miscellaneous Archive Shows M-39, M-40, M-41, M-43, M-44, M-47, FTR #'s 01, 02, 41, 106, 109, 110, 111, 112, 115, 116, 168, 181, 249, 259, 268.) (Recorded on 2/18/2001.)
    http://www.spitfirelist.com/f277.html

Once again, with the Bush Criminal Empire, their friends turn out to be our enemies. I'm shocked, I tell you! Just completely shocked!
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

since when are "possible links" actual links?
    Mike is gone, but not forgotten. They played some amazing shows from 2007-2015; some people are in denial about it.

9/27/07- Charlotte, NC
    10/20/07- Detroit, NI
    11/3/07- Meadowlands, NJ
    11/13/07- The Garden

2/28/12- The Garden
    3/1/12- The Garden
    4/21/12- Greensboro,NC

8/9/15- Holmdel, NJ
    9/13/15- Tampa, FL

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Get over it, and face reality. This is just another example of what BULLSHIT this so called "war on terra" has been from the beginning, because (as clearly seen here) the "terrorists" and those claiming to fight them are one and the fucking same.

Monzer didn't switch teams. He's doing the exact same thing he was doing 20 years ago, arming BCE sponsored terrorists. The only difference is in how they're spinning the story.
    Eat Us And Smile

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

you must really hate your life

9/27/07- Charlotte, NC
    10/20/07- Detroit, NI
    11/3/07- Meadowlands, NJ
    11/13/07- The Garden

2/28/12- The Garden
    3/1/12- The Garden
    4/21/12- Greensboro,NC

8/9/15- Holmdel, NJ
    9/13/15- Tampa, FL

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by ZORBA5150 View Post
    you must really hate your life
    My life is fine. What I hate are treasonous fascists destroying my country.
    Eat Us And Smile

Last Online

11.22.07 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    My life is fine. What I hate are treasonous fascists destroying my country.
    And ranting about it 24/7 on a rock band message board accomplishes what now?

T.B.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypso View Post
    And ranting about it 24/7 on a rock band message board accomplishes what now?

T.B.
    Well, you and ZORBA now know facts about the BCE that you didn't know yesterday, right?

Now if you choose to ignore these facts and continue to enable the fascists, then that is on you. But hopefully you will spread the knowledge of the truth and help cut this treasonous cancer out of our country.
    Eat Us And Smile

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 07:07 PM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Well FORD, don't worry, '08 is on the way, and he'll be out.

And then Hillary can start taking things away from people and organizations, while Oprah and Katie and Country Bob Sheepher smile approvingly.

Actually, FORD, I'll give you credit for being passionate and active about these matters. Right or wrong, at least you have convictions as opposed to "beliefs". If you ever decide to spread Jesus as fervently as you do these things, you'll probably change some lives, patch some differences and perhaps even stop a couple of wars.

Here's to ya, FORD. I've actually become a fan.

Can we have a group hug around here for a change, people? You can't change lawyers, guns or money, so have a co-cola and enjoy the breeze......

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Get over it, and face reality.
    This is like Tom Cruise spouting off about psychiatry.
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Down In Flames View Post
    This is like Tom Cruise spouting off about psychiatry.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Actually, FORD, I'll give you credit for being passionate and active about these matters. Right or wrong, at least you have convictions as opposed to "beliefs". If you ever decide to spread Jesus as fervently as you do these things, you'll probably change some lives, patch some differences and perhaps even stop a couple of wars.
    Jesus agrees with me completely on this subject. Read His posts at the Army if ya don't believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Here's to ya, FORD. I've actually become a fan.

Can we have a group hug around here for a change, people? You can't change lawyers, guns or money, so have a co-cola and enjoy the breeze......
    Lawyers, guns and money?

Eat Us And Smile

Last Online

11.12.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 121 Times in 68 Posts

Donor

ZORBA, thanks for posting this. Sounds like quite a good takedown!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

10.16.17 @ 11:43 AM
    Liked 17 Times in 10 Posts

Premium Member

Get over it, and face reality.
    You first.
    "Here's to swimmin' with bow legged women."
    Quint- Boat Captain
    --------------------------------------------------

"As God as my witness...I thought turkeys could fly"
    Arthur Carlson- Radio Station GM
    --------------------------------------------------

"I think you're all fucked in the head. We're ten hours from the fucking fun park, and you wanna bail out! Well, I'll tell you something, this is no longer a vacation . . . it's a quest! It's a quest for fun! I'm gonna have fun, and you're gonna have fun! We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our Goddamn smiles! You'll be whistling Zip-a-dee-doo-da out of your assholes! "
    Clark W. Griswold- Food Additive Designer
    ---------------------------------------------------

VIVA TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND!
    Round I = Done!
    Round II = Done!
    Round III = Done!
    Round IV = Done!
    Round V = Done!
    Round VI = Done!
    Round VII = Done!
    Round VIII = Done!

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy 150 View Post
    You first.
    I faced reality about the Bush Criminal Empire on January 20, 1981. And all I knew they were guilty of then was manipulating the Iranian hostage thing.

That should have been enough of a clue for the rest of you as well.
    Eat Us And Smile