Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: new evh amp?

Last Online

07.21.09 @ 09:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default new evh amp?

Does anyone have any info regarding new amp, price range,sound ? Thanks!

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

There's a thread from earlier this week over here and it has a few pics, specs, and prices for over in Europe...

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/show...w+EVH+Amp+euro

How ya been, Terry? Longtime no hear! Good to see ya around again!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Eruption
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:28 PM
    Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts

3 Channels, independent EQs, maded by Fender, and supposedly it's a cross between a 5150 and a Bogner Ecstacy.

They come in white and black, and price is about $2000. There are a few european sites that actually have official info up and sale prices, etc.
    www.facebook.com/revery
    If you like cool, rock music, check out REVERY. We've put out two albums, and an EP. We were signed back in '06 and toured the US (our single Popstar Wedding was all over the radio back then). Our latest album, Adora De Phonic is available on Itunes, Amazon, etc.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

I have to explain an inside joke.

Years ago--mid-to-later-ish 90s or so--me and two of my buddies were in my car. I was driving, my friend James was in the front passenger side, and our friend Eric was in the back. A song that sounded like it was from No Doubt came on the radio (it was No Doubt, a song they had done for a movie soundtrack), and James and I spent the better part of five minutes talking about how it sounded like No Doubt but wasn't a song we recognized. We kept talking about the band and their "current" album Tragic Kingdom. At about the five-minute mark, Eric leaned up from the back and asked us: "Hey, is this No Doubt?" Since then, when one of us has pulled an air-headed moment of not paying attention to the conversation and/or our surroundings and asked an obvious question about something thereof, we offer the simple reply: "Is this No Doubt?"

And so my reply to this thread is and must be: Is this No Doubt?

(Sorry for the sarcasm, newbie.)

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

11.09.17 @ 08:16 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post
    I have to explain an inside joke.

Years ago--mid-to-later-ish 90s or so--me and two of my buddies were in my car. I was driving, my friend James was in the front passenger side, and our friend Eric was in the back. A song that sounded like it was from No Doubt came on the radio (it was No Doubt, a song they had done for a movie soundtrack), and James and I spent the better part of five minutes talking about how it sounded like No Doubt but wasn't a song we recognized. We kept talking about the band and their "current" album Tragic Kingdom. At about the five-minute mark, Eric leaned up from the back and asked us: "Hey, is this No Doubt?" Since then, when one of us has pulled an air-headed moment of not paying attention to the conversation and/or our surroundings and asked an obvious question about something thereof, we offer the simple reply: "Is this No Doubt?"

And so my reply to this thread is and must be: Is this No Doubt?

(Sorry for the sarcasm, newbie.)
    If I may borrow that, you've just given me a new thing to confound my bandmates with. I love it!
    'If it sounds good, it is good.'

EVH

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gproud5150 View Post
    If I may borrow that, you've just given me a new thing to confound my bandmates with. I love it!
    By all means, go ahead.

Last Online

03.10.12 @ 09:20 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Andrew,

Your story reminded me of one of my own. About three years ago I was flying into Toledo and driving to Ann Arbor. There was a hurricane moving in towards Atlanta so a lot of planes were diverted to Cincinnati where I was. A couple that needed to get to Detroit ended up on my plane to Toledo planning to get a rental car to Detroit. I ended up driving them instead of them needing a rental car. The old lady sat in the front with me and her husband in the back. He was almost deaf and the entire trip he tried to have a conversation with me and everything he said had nothing to do with what I was saying. Kind of a funny trip.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ncbuckeye3 View Post
    Andrew,

Your story reminded me of one of my own. About three years ago I was flying into Toledo and driving to Ann Arbor. There was a hurricane moving in towards Atlanta so a lot of planes were diverted to Cincinnati where I was. A couple that needed to get to Detroit ended up on my plane to Toledo planning to get a rental car to Detroit. I ended up driving them instead of them needing a rental car. The old lady sat in the front with me and her husband in the back. He was almost deaf and the entire trip he tried to have a conversation with me and everything he said had nothing to do with what I was saying. Kind of a funny trip.
    Hey, that was a nice gesture by you that turned into a funny experience and story.

Here's one--completely unrelated--that still cracks me up today.

A few years ago there was a story in the paper about a trip the Minnesota Twins took from Minneapolis to Chicago. Weather turned very bad during the flight, and the team's charter plane was forced to land in Milwaukee. They chartered a bus from there and drove to Chicago (about 90 minutes). About an hour into the drive, the lovable-but-sometimes-air-headed Lew Ford, who had casually missed the part where the team landed in Milwaukee and not Chicago, commented to (former) first baseman Doug Mentkiewitz (now a Yankee): "Wow! It sure is taking a long time to get to the hotel!"