Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Eruption phast's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.08.99
    Location
    Dayton Ohio USA
    Posts
    746
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning=Dave 5150=Sammy
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained or Summer Nights
    Last Online

    11.09.16 @ 04:17 AM
    Likes
    5
    Liked 65 Times in 41 Posts

    Default Ron Paul for President

    So I have been watching the debates both Republican and Democrat and I have really enjoyed to Ron Paul. Have any of you heard of him and what do you think of him? YouTube him and watch what he stands for. I think he wants to get our country back to what it has been like in the past and I think that is great.


    So what do you think?

  2. #2
    Eruption
    Join Date
    03.09.04
    Age
    39
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    1,099
    Favorite VH Album

    5150, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Dreams
    Last Online

    10.03.13 @ 10:13 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Can't disagree with him on much.
    Go Bills and Sabres!

    We're NOT Lawyers! www.werenotlawyers.com

  3. #3
    Atomic Punk FORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.26.00
    Age
    51
    Location
    The Mighty Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    7,807
    Favorite VH Album

    All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    I respect Ron Paul a great deal, because he has consistently opposed this sickening PNAC foreign policy from day one, and he's not afraid to speak the truth about the REAL causes of 9-11-01.

    It's his domestic agenda that would be troubling. Paul is more of a Libertarian than an actual Republican, and he subscribes to the Libertarian fairytale that the federal government should be exactly what it was in 1787. That's just not realistic. Is there waste in government? Absolutely. Most of it, especially in the current Fraudministration, comes from the so-called "defense" budget. And unfortunately, that would probably be the last thing that the Libertarian fairytale believers would cut.

    But it doesn't matter, because the GOP establishment is already trying to exclude Paul from the debates completely, much like the DLC corporatists did to Dennis Kucinich in 2004.
    Eat Us And Smile

    Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

    ...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

    "What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

  4. #4
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    01.29.02
    Age
    49
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    22,946
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Likes
    842
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

    Default

    Yes!! Ru Paul For President!! 2 0 0 8 !!!!

    We could have Drag Fridays. Everyone dress up as their favorite opposite sex movie character on Fridays. Can you Imagine!!! RU PAUL for PREZ!!!

    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

  5. #5
    Atomic Punk FORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.26.00
    Age
    51
    Location
    The Mighty Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    7,807
    Favorite VH Album

    All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    Yes!! Ru Paul For President!! 2 0 0 8 !!!!

    We could have Drag Fridays. Everyone dress up as their favorite opposite sex movie character on Fridays. Can you Imagine!!! RU PAUL for PREZ!!!

    And he could be his own First Lady.
    Eat Us And Smile

    Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

    ...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

    "What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

  6. #6
    Eruption JasonG5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.04.04
    Age
    29
    Location
    Mebane, NC
    Posts
    996
    Favorite VH Album

    ou812, VH II
    Favorite VH Song

    Cabo Wabo, Light up the Sky
    Last Online

    07.11.07 @ 10:15 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    I respect Ron Paul a great deal, because he has consistently opposed this sickening PNAC foreign policy from day one, and he's not afraid to speak the truth about the REAL causes of 9-11-01.

    It's his domestic agenda that would be troubling. Paul is more of a Libertarian than an actual Republican, and he subscribes to the Libertarian fairytale that the federal government should be exactly what it was in 1787. That's just not realistic. Is there waste in government? Absolutely. Most of it, especially in the current Fraudministration, comes from the so-called "defense" budget. And unfortunately, that would probably be the last thing that the Libertarian fairytale believers would cut.

    But it doesn't matter, because the GOP establishment is already trying to exclude Paul from the debates completely, much like the DLC corporatists did to Dennis Kucinich in 2004.
    REAL cause? guilani was right. They attacked us because they hate our freedom of religion, speech and our women's rights.
    Rice Burner

    1.The ability to "trick out" your moms civic with high end parts from the automotive section in your local SUPERwal-mart. (watch out for those falling prices!)

    2.Any low end "import" with a foldgers coffee can for a muffler...(the best part of waking up...is foldgers in your cup!)

    3.Usually your average 4 cylinder, front wheel drive car with a park bench for a "spoiler"

  7. #7
    Atomic Punk FORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.26.00
    Age
    51
    Location
    The Mighty Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    7,807
    Favorite VH Album

    All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonG5150 View Post
    REAL cause? guilani was right. They attacked us because they hate our freedom of religion, speech and our women's rights.
    Romans 1:22
    "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools..."
    Eat Us And Smile

    Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

    ...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

    "What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

  8. #8
    Baseball Season!
    Join Date
    06.22.06
    Age
    47
    Location
    Cedar Bluff, VA
    Posts
    1,330
    Favorite VH Album

    VHII / Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street / Judgement Day
    Last Online

    05.11.09 @ 03:17 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I voted for Dr. Paul in 1988 when he ran as a Libertarian. I would probably vote for him again, but he's got about as much chance as I do to get the nomination.

    Ford, I think you may have missed the boat on the Libertarian opinon on defense spending. Most Libertarians are for a small stream lined defense. The army and navy under a Libertarian system would defend american borders and wouldn't have it's nose stuck in everyone's business all over the world. Some are in favor of no standing army at all. Only citizen soldiers.

    In one of Thomas Jeffersons (probably the most Libertarian of all the presidents) state of the union addresses, he had been pressured to build some new ships for the navy. Jefferson said something to the effect of having these nice new ships will only tempt us to find a reason to use them.

    Anyhow, I haven't followed Dr. Paul since he degraded into the Republican party, but I assume his position on defense would be similar
    "Your right little girl. If women ruled the world there wouldn't be any more war; all the countries would just nag each other to death"
    Archie Bunker

    "Any man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough"
    Captain Augustus McCrae in "Lonesome Dove"

    "He has erected a Multitude of new Offices, and sent hither Swarms of Officers to harrass our People, and eat out their Substance." - The Declaration of Independence

  9. #9
    Eruption
    Join Date
    03.09.04
    Age
    39
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    1,099
    Favorite VH Album

    5150, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Dreams
    Last Online

    10.03.13 @ 10:13 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    I respect Ron Paul a great deal, because he has consistently opposed this sickening PNAC foreign policy from day one, and he's not afraid to speak the truth about the REAL causes of 9-11-01.

    It's his domestic agenda that would be troubling. Paul is more of a Libertarian than an actual Republican, and he subscribes to the Libertarian fairytale that the federal government should be exactly what it was in 1787. That's just not realistic. Is there waste in government? Absolutely. Most of it, especially in the current Fraudministration, comes from the so-called "defense" budget. And unfortunately, that would probably be the last thing that the Libertarian fairytale believers would cut.

    But it doesn't matter, because the GOP establishment is already trying to exclude Paul from the debates completely, much like the DLC corporatists did to Dennis Kucinich in 2004.
    This is very telling. You consider the role of the federal government laid out by the founders a "fairytale." Then, you say there is waste in the federal government, but the thing you see as the biggest waste is the only indisputable constitutionally granted form of spending: the military.

    This is exactly why it annoys me when the left claims they are the true protecters of the Constitution. At least you have the balls to admit you hate it.
    Go Bills and Sabres!

    We're NOT Lawyers! www.werenotlawyers.com

  10. #10
    Baseball Season!
    Join Date
    06.22.06
    Age
    47
    Location
    Cedar Bluff, VA
    Posts
    1,330
    Favorite VH Album

    VHII / Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street / Judgement Day
    Last Online

    05.11.09 @ 03:17 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JCJanko View Post
    This is very telling. You consider the role of the federal government laid out by the founders a "fairytale." Then, you say there is waste in the federal government, but the thing you see as the biggest waste is the only indisputable constitutionally granted form of spending: the military.

    This is exactly why it annoys me when the left claims they are the true protecters of the Constitution. At least you have the balls to admit you hate it.
    You're absolutely right. There's nothing "fairy tale" about the Constitution as the framers intended. We could return to this form of governement easily with only a few amendments necessary to allow for how times have changed to a certain degree.

    It would however take us as Americans some getting used to. We would have to learn to be responsible for ourselves and learn to operate without our government safety net. Ohhh, but how exhilarating our new found freedom would be!

    Can't remember if it was Patrick Henry or Ben Franklin who said "those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither"

    I like that!
    "Your right little girl. If women ruled the world there wouldn't be any more war; all the countries would just nag each other to death"
    Archie Bunker

    "Any man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough"
    Captain Augustus McCrae in "Lonesome Dove"

    "He has erected a Multitude of new Offices, and sent hither Swarms of Officers to harrass our People, and eat out their Substance." - The Declaration of Independence

  11. #11
    Good Enough weesfreewheelin's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.08.02
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    2,060
    Favorite VH Song

    Ain\'t talkin bout love
    Last Online

    07.19.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 30 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VH_VAREB View Post
    Jefferson said something to the effect of having these nice new ships will only tempt us to find a reason to use them.
    I suppose we really shouldn't have all those nice new nuclear weapons stockpiled either. Iran or North Korea might find a reason for us to use them.
    Know Roth
    Know Van Halen

    No Roth
    No Van Halen

  12. #12
    Atomic Punk jimmy812's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.03.04
    Age
    46
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    7,640
    Last Online

    06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Likes
    1,188
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

    Default

    Every politician says something that people like. It's like they spew out good, positive things that the American people will eat up and then all the bad things (that eventually rise to the surface) are hidden in the small print.

    Bottom line is which candidate will screw us over the least?
    2-time Fantasy Baseball Champion.

  13. #13
    Baseball Season!
    Join Date
    06.22.06
    Age
    47
    Location
    Cedar Bluff, VA
    Posts
    1,330
    Favorite VH Album

    VHII / Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street / Judgement Day
    Last Online

    05.11.09 @ 03:17 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weesfreewheelin View Post
    I suppose we really shouldn't have all those nice new nuclear weapons stockpiled either. Iran or North Korea might find a reason for us to use them.
    This is part of how times have changed. A nuclear strike that can reach you in minutes was not considered in Jeffersons day. It was hard for the English to sneak up on us in the early 1800's. I'm sure that Jefferson as well as most Libertarians would be in favor of a small nuclear arsenal to act as a deterrent to our enemies. It doesn't take many. Just ask the Japanese.

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    Every politician says something that people like. It's like they spew out good, positive things that the American people will eat up and then all the bad things (that eventually rise to the surface) are hidden in the small print.

    Bottom line is which candidate will screw us over the least?

    Now there's a slogan. Vote for Joe Blow! He'll screw you over the least!
    "Your right little girl. If women ruled the world there wouldn't be any more war; all the countries would just nag each other to death"
    Archie Bunker

    "Any man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough"
    Captain Augustus McCrae in "Lonesome Dove"

    "He has erected a Multitude of new Offices, and sent hither Swarms of Officers to harrass our People, and eat out their Substance." - The Declaration of Independence

  14. #14
    Atomic Punk FORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.26.00
    Age
    51
    Location
    The Mighty Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    7,807
    Favorite VH Album

    All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JCJanko View Post
    This is very telling. You consider the role of the federal government laid out by the founders a "fairytale." Then, you say there is waste in the federal government, but the thing you see as the biggest waste is the only indisputable constitutionally granted form of spending: the military.

    This is exactly why it annoys me when the left claims they are the true protecters of the Constitution. At least you have the balls to admit you hate it.
    It's a fairytale because it's not the same world as 1787. It's not the same country, even.

    And when I mention waste in the defense budget, I'm referring to the fact that most of the money is spent on anything BUT defense. How many billions has the BCE "lost" daily in Iraq? And how much of it has ended up in the pockets of Halliburton, Bechtel, Blackwater, and other CRIMINAL corporations, the very existence of which would have driven Tom Jefferson to projectile vomiting.

    Ike Eisenhower, the first (and least harmful) of the BCE presidents, saw this "military-industrial complex" (his own name for it) in the early stages, and he warned us in his final Presidential address that it would be the destruction of this nation, if not very tightly controlled.....



    ...... sadly, Ike's warnings were ignored and his predictions came true. The PNAC war has nothing to do with freedom or terrorism. It has everything to do with feeding this Satanic beast of the so called "defense" industry. For without wars, who the fuck would buy weapons?

    Old Ike must be doing somersaults in his grave.
    Eat Us And Smile

    Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

    ...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

    "What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

  15. #15
    Baseball Season!
    Join Date
    06.22.06
    Age
    47
    Location
    Cedar Bluff, VA
    Posts
    1,330
    Favorite VH Album

    VHII / Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street / Judgement Day
    Last Online

    05.11.09 @ 03:17 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    It's a fairytale because it's not the same world as 1787. It's not the same country, even.

    And when I mention waste in the defense budget, I'm referring to the fact that most of the money is spent on anything BUT defense. How many billions has the BCE "lost" daily in Iraq? And how much of it has ended up in the pockets of Halliburton, Bechtel, Blackwater, and other CRIMINAL corporations, the very existence of which would have driven Tom Jefferson to projectile vomiting.

    Ike Eisenhower, the first (and least harmful) of the BCE presidents, saw this "military-industrial complex" (his own name for it) in the early stages, and he warned us in his final Presidential address that it would be the destruction of this nation, if not very tightly controlled.....



    ...... sadly, Ike's warnings were ignored and his predictions came true. The PNAC war has nothing to do with freedom or terrorism. It has everything to do with feeding this Satanic beast of the so called "defense" industry. For without wars, who the fuck would buy weapons?

    Old Ike must be doing somersaults in his grave.
    If your point is that the defense budget is wasteful, bloated and corrupt, then you'll get no arguement here.

    I think if you'll check, you'll get no arguement from Dr. Paul or the Libertairans either.
    "Your right little girl. If women ruled the world there wouldn't be any more war; all the countries would just nag each other to death"
    Archie Bunker

    "Any man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough"
    Captain Augustus McCrae in "Lonesome Dove"

    "He has erected a Multitude of new Offices, and sent hither Swarms of Officers to harrass our People, and eat out their Substance." - The Declaration of Independence

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Ask President Bush Anything!
    By LightBulb5150 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05.18.02, 07:49 AM
  2. EDDIE FOR PRESIDENT!!!
    By Illusion37 in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02.04.02, 12:56 PM
  3. Van Halen or next President?
    By Eddymon in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12.03.00, 09:16 AM
  4. Edward for President?
    By z28girl in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11.13.00, 04:43 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •