Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Al Sharpton Strikes Again!

In case you missed it. Al Sharpton threw some more verbal spears (his forte really) -- this time at the Mormons and Mitt Romney.

Now that the initial shock of Al's jab has worn off -- I have to revisit his quote again and try to decipher the logic therein.

There is none.

Here's the offending sentence: "As for the one Mormon running for office, those who really believe in God will defeat him anyway, so don’t worry, that’s a temporary situation.

It's almost a throw away insult from Sharpton which makes the insult even worse. With 25 words Sharpton insinuates a boat load of raw bigoted crap:

1) Romney is a Mormon and therefore not a serious candidate. In Al's mind, Romney's denomination is as much a disqualifying characteristic as it is a defining one. The "one Mormon running for office" - he can only bring himself to refer to Romney by his abhorrent faith and not by name. In Al's world, Romney's faith makes him irrelevant. It also layers his bigoted cake with a twinge of removal and flippancy, something Al is adept at using when confronted with, say, Tawana Brawley.

2) Romney is a Mormon and thus disqualified. In Al's mind, no right-thinking Christian could ever vote for the "one Mormon". According to Al, Romney is as much a throw away as his one-liner. No need to worry of course: "those who really believe in God will defeat him anyway." Who is he referring to here? Will McCain and Rudy be hailed as the Mormon-eating Christian warriors for Al? Will Obama defeat Romney next November with Sharpton whistling "Onward Christian Soldiers" as they unlatch the door on 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue? Why did he need to make this statement in the first place? Is there "worry" out there about the "one Mormon" might actually win this election?

3) Mormons have no place in the American politics. What!? A Jew is on the ship? No worries, those right thinking Christians will toss him overboard. That's offensive... but it's essentially what he said. How about we lower the race a bit... say School Superinendent of Fairfax County, Virginia. Let's do a bit of editing and roll tape... "As for the one Mormon running for [School Superintendent], those who really believe in God will defeat him anyway, so don’t worry, that’s a temporary situation.” Yikes! That sounds almost as bad as our semitic replacement. Use anything... how about Student Body President, PTA Board member, paper boy... where does it stop? Or... is it only for important jobs.

4) Real believers in God will rise up and defeat all non-believers in God. The subsequent deed following the cry of "Allah Ho Akbar!" is thankfully absent from Al's quick diatribe... but the sentiment is striking similar. Al - Let's leave the religious political poisonous infighting to the Shiia and Sunii. There's no place for it here. You see Mormons don't really believe in God. Al may question (indeed many of my readers may question) the God I believe in but don't tell me I don't believe in God. And don't tell me that someone who doesn't even believe in God can't participate in American politics. And what does "temporary situation" really mean? I can picture Marlon Brando, cotton balls in mouth, reciting that quick diddy... but I expect more from a supposed religious leader.

Perhaps I'm missing the context. Here's the quote again in the context of the NY Times writer:

Noting that Dr. King had established the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, he said, “There’s no question that he himself saw that the basis of the movement was God-based.” He added, “To try and secularize the civil-rights movement is just totally inaccurate. It was a church-based, faith-based movement; there’s just no question about that. … Let’s not reinvent Dr. King any more than we try to reduce God to some denomination or convention.”

But Mr. Sharpton, in a jab at Mitt Romney (and the Mormon religion, which Mr. Hitchens had criticized because it once endorsed racial segregation), added, “As for the one Mormon running for office, those who really believe in God will defeat him anyway, so don’t worry, that’s a temporary situation.”

Well, that didn't help his case any. So Sharpton declares that Dr. King's movement was a faith-based movement, a God-based movement. But apparently, Al's interpretation of the movement has no room for Mormons even though Mormons made room for him 30 years ago.

This exclusionary faith-based mantra would come as a surprise to my 9th Great Grandfather, Jean Pierre Bondurant, a devout Huguenot, who fled to America from France in 1700 to avoid persecution and help found the area of Manakin, Virginia.

This is upsetting on so many levels. I guess I shouldn't be shocked. Al Sharpton has a history of this type of divisive nonsense.

( http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1830479/posts )

-----------------------------------
    Sharpton denies insulting Mormons; Romney campaign calls comments 'appalling'

Civil rights activist and former Democratic presidential candidate Rev. Al Sharpton says he was not questioning the faith of GOP presidential contender Mitt Romney or other Mormons when he said during a debate Monday that:

"As for the one Mormon running for office, those who really believe in God will defeat him anyways, so don't worry about that; that's a temporary situation."

The Associated Press writes that Sharpton says he meant to contrast himself to author Christopher Hitchens, who he was debating at the time. Hitchens' latest book is called God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything. (And in that book, by the way, Hitchens calls the Mormon faith a "ridiculous cult.")

Sharpton led the public outcry over offensive comments that radio talk show host Don Imus made earlier this year about the Rutgers University women's basketball team -- comments that eventually cost Imus his job.

The Romney campaign isn't buying the argument that what Sharpton said about Mormons was innocent.

"It is terribly disheartening and disappointing to hear Reverend Sharpton offer such appalling comments about a fellow American's faith," said Romney spokesman Kevin Madden. "America is a nation of many faiths and common values, and bigotry toward anyone because of their beliefs is unacceptable."
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:57 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

I'm not gonna read this whole long article......I'll take your word for it....
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of em
    Last Online

06.14.07 @ 11:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wish someone would just make him go away, maybe to a Barber Shop for a new style/cut, or something.

Rev Al's ass needs to be retooled!
    "They say a song without vocals is not a song, tell Beethoven that and he'll kick your ass."<br /> Edward Van Halen

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Van Halenized View Post
    Wish someone would just make him go away,

I'm really surprised this hasn't already happened to his fat racist ass. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.28.13 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So why does Sharpton get a pass on this but Imus gets fired and Kramer gets shunned from any more roles? I'm not saying that Imus and Kramer should have got off easy, but it's reverse discrimination, in my opinion, if Sharpton walks without repercussion. Standards need to be applied equally, or is this because it involves religion and not race?

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 33 Times in 13 Posts

that photo of him is hilarious.
    Wolfie is not Mike, but he's more than ok.
    Mike is gone, but not forgotten. They played some amazing shows from 2007-2015; some people are in denial about it.

9/27/07- Charlotte, NC
    10/1/07- Philadelphia, PA
    10/20/07- Detroit, NI
    11/3/07- Meadowlands, NJ
    11/13/07- The Garden

05/13/08- Meadowlands, NJ II!!!!!

2/28/12- The Garden
    3/1/12- The Garden
    4/21/12- Greensboro,NC

8/9/15- Holmdel, NJ
    9/13/15- Tampa, FL

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

07.12.08 @ 04:41 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

What a basterd.

This dude is out of touch with reality. Do you see how hateful religion is?
    Respects.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Go away Al.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of em
    Last Online

06.14.07 @ 11:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Menlow View Post
    Go away Al.
    Umm, did he go away now, Menlow, or is that shitfume still hanging out?
    "They say a song without vocals is not a song, tell Beethoven that and he'll kick your ass."<br /> Edward Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

04.15.17 @ 01:15 AM
    Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts

What a piece of shit ! get a real job Al and get Jesse one while you are at it .
    Professional Shit Stirring .

Last Online

06.23.07 @ 07:21 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kevy5150 View Post
    Do you see how hateful religion is?
    "Religion is the enemy of God." So true.

Wish Al would "live a quiet life" like the Bible he preaches from says. He should set an example by keeping his trap shut instead of 'ministering' to the world.

He gets away with this because he's black.

Sorry. African-American

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Sharpton owes nearly $1.5 million in back taxes
    U.S. attorney delves into unflappable civil rights leader's non-profit group

NEW YORK - Big corporations give him money. Presidential candidates seek his endorsement. He has influential friends in Congress and the governor's mansion.

The Rev. Al Sharpton has emerged over the past decade as perhaps the nation's most prominent civil rights leader, a status that was demonstrated again this week when he led protests against police brutality that briefly shut down six of Manhattan's major bridges and tunnels.

But he still carries baggage from his early days as a fire-breathing agitator: Government records obtained by The Associated Press indicate that Sharpton and his business entities owe nearly $1.5 million in overdue taxes and associated penalties.

Now the U.S. attorney is investigating his nonprofit group, an inquiry that an undeterred Sharpton brushes off as the kind of annoyance that civil rights figures have come to expect from the government.

"Whatever retaliation they do on me, we never stop," Sharpton said. "I think that that is why they try to intimidate us."

Big jumps in donations, income
    Over the past year, Sharpton's lawyers and the staff of his nonprofit group, the National Action Network, have been negotiating with the federal government over the size of his debt, which they dispute. The group has also been trying to pay off tens of thousands of dollars it owes for failing to properly maintain workers compensation and unemployment insurance.

Charles King, the organization's interim executive director, said both Sharpton and the group he leads were unprepared for their rise in stature in recent years and had trouble dealing with big jumps in donations and income.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24545747...storyContinued
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

He can disappear and no one would notice.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Good Enough Tropical Storm Tracey's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Do I really have to pick???
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL
    Last Online

11.18.17 @ 07:19 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 7 Posts

Premium Member

What? No one has anything to say about him being arrested the other day? Why not? I thought it was funny.

TST<-----------he was in there for what? 5 minutes?--------

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical Storm Tracey View Post
    What? No one has anything to say about him being arrested the other day? Why not? I thought it was funny.

TST<-----------he was in there for what? 5 minutes?--------
    What was he arrested for?
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!