Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Can\'t Get That Stuff No More
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

During the last few performances of the DIO Sabbath reunion in 94-95, the band discussed playing with both Ozzy and Dio (I think this was in connection w/ Ozzfest), but Dio would have none of it and quit the band.

Here we have the opposite; the singers get along, but the bandmates don't.

Clearly, Mike plays a key role. As Dave said, "he's like Switzerland". If he joins them on this tour, is there any chance that the brothers could be persuaded, even Sabbath-style (one night only) to join them????

Imagine the scene: Dave, Sam and Mike come onstage for their encore with no backing band and Dave says: "There are a couple of cats behind the curtain over there who need no introduction. I've worked with 'em and Sam has too. I hope we can through these encores without killing each other, but here they be: Edward Van Halen and Alex Van Halen!!!"

Of course the band would then launch into HOT FOR TEACHER!

OMG.

[ April 17, 2002 at 03:50 PM: Message edited by: DemonDLR ]</p>
    DIAMOND MAFIA FOREVER!<br /><br />"...How many times can somebody lie 'till patience runs its course..."<br /><br />DAVE AND SAMMY '02...DARE I SAY, "THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH, PT. II"

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

10.06.12 @ 05:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by DemonDLR:
    During the last few performances of the DIO Sabbath reunion in 94-95, the band discussed playing with both Ozzy and Dio (I think this was in connection w/ Ozzfest), but Dio would have none of it and quit the band.

Here we have the opposite; the singers get along, but the bandmates don't.

Clearly, Mike plays a key role. As Dave said, "he's like Switzerland". If he joins them on this tour, is there any chance that the brothers could be persuaded, even Sabbath-style (one night only) to join them????

Imagine the scene: Dave, Sam and Mike come onstage for their encore with no backing band and Dave says: "There are a couple of cats behind the curtain over there who need no introduction. I've worked with 'em and Sam has too. I hope we can through these encores without killing each other, but here they be: Edward Van Halen and Alex Van Halen!!!"

Of course the band would then launch into HOT FOR TEACHER!

OMG.
    BZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!! OH!,there's the buzzer but don't worry ,you get to keep a copy of our home game and a free 12oz. bottle of carpet fresh for those times you get sick on your rug when thinking what could have been.Let's give him a big VH game kiss..."SMOOCH"
    Originally Posted by vanzefflin
    This configuration cancels noise or cyclical hum. Hence, the name humbucker. It bucks hum.

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's a wonderful dream, but it's just that unfortunately.
    "There's a Japanese term called wabi-sabi, not wasabi, but wabi-sabi. It means an appreciation for the imperfect, the less than precision. The cowboy boots that you never polish because it's bad luck. That is completely wabi-sabi. Van Halen is that." - DLR 2002<br /><br />"Look! I can see their parachutes! They're ok..." - Tenshinhan, DragonBall Z

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

DLR Band!!!!!!
    Favorite VH Song

Slam Dunk!!!!!!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You are WAY off the mark concerning Sabbath.

The Dio re-union lasted 1 year - 1992. When the band were invited to Ozzy's (supposed!!!) farewell show that year Dio refused to open for Ozzy - so he left. And that was the end of Ronnie's second tenure with the band - there has NEVER been talk of both Ozzy and Ronnie playing together with Sabbath - and definitly not at Ozzfest.