Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

VHII
    Last Online

09.07.17 @ 06:23 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Default Fender Wolfgang ?

If this thing ever comes out what do you guys think it will look like? Im gonna say one humbucker, quilt or flame top, same wolfgang body with some minor changes and some kind of new headstock.

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

To me, as unpredictable / predictable as Ed's been lately, I would look like a complete ass to speculate...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

06.23.17 @ 09:49 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

personally i say it never happens.

you might get a less pricey version of the frankie replica.

also eddie is licensing/making his own guitars with the EVH brand name.

so why even go with fender?

the ebmm was as nice as it gets anyway imo.
    www.rickshick.tumblr.com

1love4chi

Deftones , now and forever and only second to VH.

Dave or Sammy ?.........pffffft Eddie.

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 11:54 AM
    Liked 35 Times in 15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rick S View Post

The EVH brand is Fender, though. His 5150-III is EVH-branded, and made by Fender.

I think a Fender Wolfgang will eventually happen, but I agree with you about the EBMM!

Last Online

03.10.12 @ 09:20 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The EVH brand is part of Fender, just as Guild, Tacoma, Jackson, and Charvel are.

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

right.

i meant i dont envision a fender logo on the guitars headstock. i see the EVH logo.

the new amp looks good , but i dont even know whats the point of having a third version of his "dream" guitar.

you still have the ebmm evh , the axis , the wolf standard ,standard hardtail, the deluxe ,deluxe hardtail, the flametop special , the special , the special hardtail , the exp , peavey custom shops , the 2004 charvel frankies , and the fender replicas as well as the do it yourself kits already.

how many changes can he make to the "perfect" guitar?
    www.rickshick.tumblr.com

1love4chi

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:24 PM
    Liked 729 Times in 293 Posts

right.

The new amp looks good, but i dont even know whats the point of having a third version of his "dream" guitar.

you still have the ebmm evh , the axis , the wolf standard ,standard hardtail, the deluxe ,deluxe hardtail, the flametop special , the special , the special hardtail , the exp , peavey custom shops , the 2004 charvel frankies , and the fender replicas as well as the do it yourself kits already.

how many changes can he make to the "perfect" guitar?
    Yeah, but do any of those come in "Monkey Shit Green"?

I would like to see the manual come with a forward like this:

Over the years, I have made a shitload of money from selling you idiots, uh- I mean my fans the guitar(s) of my dreams. I'm not cartooning on other companies that invested thousands of dollars and man-hours in R&D to make me happy, but at this point - I've finally found a guitar company that "gets it". The Fender EVH Wolfgang is that guitar. Sure you'll never see me onstage with it, but that's only because Dave has LSD, and Sammy can't be in two bands at once. Trust me though, I play this fuckin' thing all the time at 5150, where I'm putting the final touches on 10 albums worth of new material. This new guitar has elephant balls, and is my musical soulmate. Notice that we have also included a red/white/black striped guitar cord for only $19.99, so your cable will match your EVH Flanger and Phaser. I personally stand at the end of the assembly line and check every guitar to make sure it plays like nut-butter before it goes out the door. This way, you know when you open up the case, you are playing the exact same guitar that I play, well except for the sustainer, and the trans-trem, and the neck plate that I have on mine, but you don't need that shit anyway....
    Please check ebay frequently as I plan on hand-striping 100 of these $350 guitars, and counting on wealthy fan-boys to cough up over 10k a piece on them...

Stay tuned...

Edward Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

lol somebody had to say that !
    www.rickshick.tumblr.com

1love4chi

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

There's been tons of rumors about the EVH (Fender) "Wolfgang II." Ed owns most of the design; the neck contour and other aspects can't be patented, so it'll be new versions of those things (pickups, neck, maybe headstock). The story was it was going to be made in Mexico (very few things Fender are still made in the USA). Considering it was such a great seller for Peavey and that its predecessor, the EBMM, held such a good reputation, one would think it'll eventually come out. I fear for the quality of contruction and price somewhat, and therefore am quite happy I own the numerous Peavey versions that I do.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post
    There's been tons of rumors about the EVH (Fender) "Wolfgang II." Ed owns most of the design; the neck contour and other aspects can't be patented, so it'll be new versions of those things (pickups, neck, maybe headstock). The story was it was going to be made in Mexico (very few things Fender are still made in the USA). Considering it was such a great seller for Peavey and that its predecessor, the EBMM, held such a good reputation, one would think it'll eventually come out. I fear for the quality of contruction and price somewhat, and therefore am quite happy I own the numerous Peavey versions that I do.
    I don't know AT. Some of the Fender MIM stuff is pretty good, although like anything it can be hit or miss. You can get a really good one, though. My bass player had a MIM jazz bass that we a/b'd against every high-end Fender we could find and none of them sounded better. We were shocked!

Could have been that the factory in Mexico ran out of parts the day it was built and had to use better quality stuff. Who knows? I guess we'll see...
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

“…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

- Dewey Cox

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:24 PM
    Liked 729 Times in 293 Posts

I pretty much stick to Mexican Strats... I've had them all, American, Japanese, Mexican, Korean...

The necks on the Mexican strats are actually made in Cali (by Mexicans)...

I've seen good/bad quality control on all Fenders... The difference is, I haggled both my Mexican strats down to about $275, which is less than 1/3 of what an American strat is going to cost new...

I don't care if the damn thing is made in Antarctica, if it plays good, sounds good and is cheap, I'm game...

The QC on my 2 American Wolfgang's is way better than any Fender I've ever had...
    http://www.guitarstop.com/tour/indexT.htm
    Last edited by EJC; 04.17.07 at 11:08 AM.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If they built or even assemble the new EVH guitars in Mexico, I'm sure they will be on top of the QC. Considering the past popularity (i.e., profitability) of the EBMMs and the Wolfgangs, this is one ball Fender does not want to drop.
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

“…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

- Dewey Cox

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otis5150 View Post
    I don't know AT. Some of the Fender MIM stuff is pretty good, although like anything it can be hit or miss. You can get a really good one, though. My bass player had a MIM jazz bass that we a/b'd against every high-end Fender we could find and none of them sounded better. We were shocked!

Could have been that the factory in Mexico ran out of parts the day it was built and had to use better quality stuff. Who knows? I guess we'll see...
    I think it is a wait and see kind of thing. The MIM Fender stuff certainly is pretty good, but there are a few compromises (mostly in hardware). I'd like to think EVH would demand a certain level of QC on all his stuff. Building an instrument inferior to the two previous versions would be a tactical blunder. Let's also hope they don't go crazy on the price like all the other EVH/Fender stuff released thus far.

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 3,112 Times in 1,823 Posts

Premium Member

I work for a Fender dealer, so let me give you my POV/opinion.

First, I think the term "very few" is misleading. I don't think anything bad was meant, but as with any "full line" guitar company, Fender does have a lot of stuff imported. Even Taylor has put their Baby and Big Baby Taylors in Mexico to be made.

Anyways, you can get a USA Strat for $699, and while there are a few Mexican models above that price point, almost everything else above that price point is made in the USA. Of course, that in and of itself can be meaningless, because there are people who will tell you, Steve Soest (Fender's recomended dude for vintage guitar repair and dating) included, that the Japenese models shit all over the USA models, eating too much into the US market, leading to only a select few Japanese models being made available here.

Also, while it was true that the Mexican strats were "made" in the USA and then sent to Mexico to be assembled, that is not true anymore, and hasn't been for a few years. The whole thing is done in Mexico now.

The important thing to remember is that anything made in Mexico, Japan, or Corona, CA, is made in a Fender owned and run facility. Anything else (China, Indonesia, and Korea) is not. Which isn't surprising--70% of ALL guitars in the world are made overseas by Samick, and most of the rest by Cort. Basically, only a small percentage of all guitars in the world are made by the manufacturers, and that is where your quality is. Those are your 'Made in USA' (I also include Yamaha and Takamine's 'Made in Japan' models here, etc.). But again, that quality difference isn't always the case. We got a Korean Koa Strat in that played and sounded fantastic. Our Boss rep told us about one of their demo guys who uses a Squier for his Boss demo's--some of them are supposedly on the Boss website. Anyways, everyone makes fun of him--until they play his Squier, which our rep has. He says it is better than any USA strat he has played. While there can be a huge discrepancy in quality, the second biggest difference can also be consistency. One import guitar may play like a dream, the other like a turd. Of course, you can also get a USA turd as well. Believe me, even if you pay $3000 for a Gibson, you could still get a USA turd. Why people buy shit from an online retailer is beyond me...

Finally, I have only toured the Corona facility, though my boss has toured both Corona and Ensenada. The collective view point of those on the trip who had toured both said that the Ensenada facility was cleaner, and run much more smoothly than Corona. I plan on attending the Ensenada tour in September, and it will be interesting to see the difference.
    Last edited by lovemachine97(Version 2); 04.17.07 at 11:44 PM.

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Why people buy shit from an online retailer is beyond me...
    as opposed to buying from Guitar Center, where the guitars are snotted on by every stupid kid, and most of them dropped/dinged/scratched etc by the same dumb kids?
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10