Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default The Official Barack Obama Thread

On February 10, 2007, in Springfield, Illinois, Obama announced his candidacy for the 2008 U.S. presidential election. Opinion polls rank him as the second or third most popular choice among Democratic voters for their party's nomination. In recent campaign appearances, Obama has emphasized the Iraq War and universal health care as leading issues

==============================================

FLORENCE, S.C. - Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama on Friday questioned the way some rappers talk about women in songs, saying the lyrics are similar to the derogatory language used by embattled radio host Don Imus.

They are “degrading their sisters. That doesn’t inspire me,” Obama said of some hip-hop artists when a man in a crowd of about 1,000 questioned him. The Illinois senator was responding to a question of what inspired him, and said God and civil rights activists.

Earlier this week, Obama criticized Imus, who was fired Thursday for labeling the Rutgers women’s basketball team “nappy-headed hos.”

“I do think we’ve seen a coarsening of the culture,” Obama said in an interview with The Associated Press after the town hall meeting. As a constitutional lawyer, Obama said he was a free speech advocate.

“But just because you can say something doesn’t mean you should say something,” he said. “And I think that we have not talked enough about the harmful images and messages that are sent.”

He said as a parent it was a constant struggle to reinforce his two daughters’ sense of self-esteem.

“I think that all of us have become a little complicit in this kind of relaxed attitude toward some pretty offensive things,” Obama said. “And I hope this prompts some self-reflection on the part of all of us.”
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Obama's pulling in money and stars
    Sarah Baxter
    April 16, 2007

AT a New York party, Barack Obama has once again proved he has the fundraising ability, star power and magnetism to rival Hillary Clinton's Democratic presidential campaign juggernaut.

Former Vanity Fair editor Tina Brown, movie star Naomi Watts and Theodore Sorenson, once John F. Kennedy's speech writer, were among the glitterati present last week.

But what the guests really wanted to know was: does Obama have the staying power to win his party's nomination?

To Democrats expecting repeats of his breathtaking speech to the 2004 party convention, which launched his national political career, Obama has appeared low-key and tired at times during the early stages of his campaign.

In meetings across the country, he rarely wins more than one or two polite standing ovations. One Hollywood supporter recently noted that the crowd at one of his events "seemed to me unmoved, frankly" and "Barack seemed a little tired, to be honest".

A Gallup poll, taken as news of an astonishing $US25 million ($30 million) fundraising haul was announced on Friday, showed support for him at 19 per cent, well behind Clinton on 38.

"The survey result suggests that while Obama may have had a great deal of financial momentum in the past quarter, it was not matched by any increase in voter support," Gallup reported.

Pressure is growing on the Illinois senator to unveil more policies. While Sorenson said Obama reminded him of the young Kennedy, another guest commented: "It's all very well to talk about hope and idealism and values, but what about specific programs?"

Clinton prepared to go on the offensive against Obama on his lack of policy details after he secured 50,000 more individual donors than her - an indication of his grassroots support.

Some Clinton donors have defected to Obama despite her camp's "you're either with us or against us" tactics. Alan Solomont, a former Democrat party finance chairman and a favoured guest at the Clinton White House, said: "People are ready for a new generation, a new face and a new voice."

The Sunday Times
    http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Gore/Obama 2008!!
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Gore/Obama 2008!!
    Obama claims he's not in it for second place...

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    Obama claims he's not in it for second place...
    Every candidate says that, but one of them ends up there.

Obama's got two things going against him:

1) Limited political experience.

2) Senators don't get elected President (though it's arguable that Kerry would have if Ohio hadn't been blatantly stolen)

Every successful candidate of either party in the last 40 years of elections (1968 - present) has been either a governor or vice president. So obviously, executive branch experience seems to be a qualification the public agrees with. Gore has it, Obama does not. But 8 years as Gore's VP would set him up perfectly to be President in 2016.
    Eat Us And Smile

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

Favorite VH Album

ou812, VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Cabo Wabo, Light up the Sky
    Last Online

07.11.07 @ 10:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Barack Hussein Obama, does that sound like an American President's name? nah.
    Rice Burner

1.The ability to "trick out" your moms civic with high end parts from the automotive section in your local SUPERwal-mart. (watch out for those falling prices!)

2.Any low end "import" with a foldgers coffee can for a muffler...(the best part of waking up...is foldgers in your cup!)

3.Usually your average 4 cylinder, front wheel drive car with a park bench for a "spoiler"

Favorite VH Album

ou812, VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gore/Obama 2008!!
    FORD on the subject of Gore, his film is completly stupid. Record highs in every state range from the early 1900's through the 1990's. So i find it completly stupid to think its warmer today. Also why does gore preach about using less carbon when he himself travels in a private jet which dumps 4x more carbon into the atmosphere than a commercial jet??

"Do as i say, not as i do"
    Rice Burner

1.The ability to "trick out" your moms civic with high end parts from the automotive section in your local SUPERwal-mart. (watch out for those falling prices!)

2.Any low end "import" with a foldgers coffee can for a muffler...(the best part of waking up...is foldgers in your cup!)

3.Usually your average 4 cylinder, front wheel drive car with a park bench for a "spoiler"

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by JasonG5150 View Post

And our first racist post comes from the inbred child!

WOW, anybody else shocked?
    Eat Us And Smile

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

FORD on the subject of Gore, his film is completly stupid. Record highs in every state range from the early 1900's through the 1990's. So i find it completly stupid to think its warmer today. Also why does gore preach about using less carbon when he himself travels in a private jet which dumps 4x more carbon into the atmosphere than a commercial jet??

"Do as i say, not as i do"
    Ever try to book a commercial jet for a large group of people? (Probably himself, Tipper, his office staff, security detail, and possibly other family members)

It's hard enough to book ONE decent seat on a plane for the flight you want, let alone a dozen or so.
    Eat Us And Smile

Favorite VH Album

ou812, VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ever try to book a commercial jet for a large group of people? (Probably himself, Tipper, his office staff, security detail, and possibly other family members)

It's hard enough to book ONE decent seat on a plane for the flight you want, let alone a dozen or so.
    why not? isn't it worth saving the WORLD?!?!?!
    Rice Burner

Favorite VH Album

ou812, VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

And our first racist post comes from the inbred child!

WOW, anybody else shocked?
    inbred???? I'm from North Carolina, try to use your stereotyping better next time. That is not racist at all, i just think if someone is going to be an american president the least they can do is have an american name.

Alan Keyes, Colin Powell both have normal names, hence why i like them.
    Rice Burner

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

There were alot of people who thought that an Irish Catholic did not belong in the White House.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

ou812, VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by onefootoutthedoor View Post
    There were alot of people who thought that an Irish Catholic did not belong in the White House.
    ok? when did i say anything about religion? John F. Kennedy sounds pretty normal to me
    Rice Burner

Last Online

Donor

ok? when did i say anything about religion? John F. Kennedy sounds pretty normal to me
    But it's ok to judge someone by how their name sounds? Got it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last Online

Donor

What, normal and white?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]