Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

Chicken Feet for Breakfast
    Last Online

07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Spheres are out, hexagons are in. Get with it, Earthlings.

Favorite VH Album

fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts

Donor

Although Einstein predicted that lightspeed is not attainable by man and laws of physics, i disagree.
    Im wondering if anyone else feels the same way i do, and if so, if you have any thoughts on how it may be achieved or why you think Einstein may have been wrong?
    Eddie is the greatest, period

The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

Eruption
    Last Online

07.13.12 @ 05:20 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    I still would like a believeable explanation for the "face" on Mars and why it was never followed up upon.

And no, I do not subscribe to those "newspapers" available at the supermarket check-out.
    It was followed up on. One of the later explorers took fly by photos. Its just a rock formation. That "face" was just the combination camera/sun positions creating the illusion of a face. The other photos from other angles show it to be nothing of the sort

Favorite VH Album

5150, OU812, Balance, F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Dont have one
    Last Online

11.29.19 @ 01:56 PM
    Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by perticelli View Post
    Although Einstein predicted that lightspeed is not attainable by man and laws of physics, i disagree.
    Im wondering if anyone else feels the same way i do, and if so, if you have any thoughts on how it may be achieved or why you think Einstein may have been wrong?
    Im with ya on that one pert. I think that man will be able to achieve lightspeed SOMEday. It might be right around the corner or it could be hundreds or thousands of years from now.

How it will be achieved is another thing. Latley, Ive been hypnotized by Star Trek Voyager and every time I watch it, I start to wonder if any of the basic technology (Warp Core etc...) will be available in the next couple of hundred years. I wonder because humans cant simply just stay in orbit the entire time in a shuttle and a space station and not know what is out in space.

I know that NASA is starting to use Ion Engines on some of their probes that are sent to Jupiter and farther away planets so maybe Ion engines are the next step in human space travel. Sure they cant reach lightspeed but they are wayy faster than just conventional rocket engines we are still using on the shuttles.

So in a nut-shell, I believe that lightspeed will be possible by humans. It may not happen as quick as we would like it to but im sure it will happen someday.
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504401115
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/jedimasterkyle

BOISE STATE BRONCOS! - They're awesome. Deal with it!

11/16/04 - VAN HALEN in Boise, Idaho. Changed my life forever

8/8/06 - Sammy Hagar and the Wabos w/Michael Anthony in Boise, Idaho. Sam and Mike still kick ass

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.12.19 @ 06:07 AM
    Liked 57 Times in 40 Posts

Donor

Warp speed is possible. All we gotta do is mount some nacelles on the side of the space shuttle, put some dilithium in the fuel tank and hit the gas pedal!

Seriously - I believe faster then light speed is possible. We are obviously nowhere near the technology required for it, but someday, humans will travel faster then lght.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

I have a few different theories on achieving light speed..

And right now im very interested in the relationship of magnetics and plasma..
    I believe magnetic energy, a naturally occuring phenomena, is a key which we are either overlooking or misusing for other technologies.

Of course, the real limitation is sad..it's money, or the lack there of..

One night when i have some time, ill expand on some of these theories, also if i figure out a way to put it down in writing

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.13.19 @ 02:46 AM
    Liked 202 Times in 93 Posts

Donor

Cool thread, glad we have one.

On the thoughts of lightspeed, I think we'll make huge advances in coming centuries when the money is availible and private enterprise has a reason to to R&D.

But in saying that lightpspeed is no where going to be good enough, considering our nearest sun (star) is like 4 light years away.

Once we or they the really smart people understand dark matter we may open up possiblities far beyound light speed and its limitations.

Would be interesting to see where we are in in a couple of hundred years. Considering less than 10 years ago we had not discovered a single planet outside our solar system now they are sure they have found over 60 most being gas giants but 3 very solid planets in the same size ara of Earth, how freakin cool is that !

Last Online

08.16.19 @ 09:56 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

I have a few different theories on achieving light speed..

And right now im very interested in the relationship of magnetics and plasma..
    I believe magnetic energy, a naturally occuring phenomena, is a key which we are either overlooking or misusing for other technologies.

Of course, the real limitation is sad..it's money, or the lack there of..

One night when i have some time, ill expand on some of these theories, also if i figure out a way to put it down in writing
    Faster Than Light (FTL) speed will be achieved by imploding two molecules. The molecules are made of iron, nickel and cobalt. The first molecule will be placed in front of an orbiting space craft and the second behind the space craft. Imploding the molecules creates very small "magnetic black holes". The black holes must have the same pole charge so they will repel one another. If they have opposite charges they will attract and crush the space craft in between them. The black holes must also be created at exactly the same time. Once the black holes are created they will begin to "fall" through space, building up tremendous speed at an exponetial rate surpassing the speed of light, the rear black hole pushing the craft and the front black hole pulling the craft. The front black hole will also act as a protectant from space debris, sucking in and crushing anything in the craft's path. The craft will be able to steer itself using lasers. The craft will fire a laser beam either to the left, right, top, or bottom of the front black hole to control direction. Once the craft reaches its destination, it will extinguish the black holes simutaneously using acoustic shock waves. I call this my Chariot theory in FTL travel. I came up with it after smoking five bowels of the best California Sensemilia I've ever had.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Darby View Post
    Faster Than Light (FTL) speed will be achieved by imploding two molecules. The molecules are made of iron, nickel and cobalt. The first molecule will be placed in front of an orbiting space craft and the second behind the space craft. Imploding the molecules creates very small "magnetic black holes". The black holes must have the same pole charge so they will repel one another. If they have opposite charges they will attract and crush the space craft in between them. The black holes must also be created at exactly the same time. Once the black holes are created they will begin to "fall" through space, building up tremendous speed at an exponetial rate surpassing the speed of light, the rear black hole pushing the craft and the front black hole pulling the craft. The front black hole will also act as a protectant from space debris, sucking in and crushing anything in the craft's path. The craft will be able to steer itself using lasers. The craft will fire a laser beam either to the left, right, top, or bottom of the front black hole to control direction. Once the craft reaches its destination, it will extinguish the black holes simutaneously using acoustic shock waves. I call this my Chariot theory in FTL travel. I came up with it after smoking five bowels of the best California Sensemilia I've ever had.

1. Love your creativity and thinking
    2. pls send a care package to me (including some of that good stuff)

I love the premise and how it uses the simplicity of push/pull and the strongest forces of type that we know of to create the force.

One of the issues of Dark Matter is if it has mass and if so, how does it manifest its mass in relation to gravity, as an effect upon other spatial bodies. if at all.
    An interesting article at Space.com has found that the two voyager spacecraft, that launched back in the early 70's, are still sending back data regarding their position,velocity, etc.

Each of the two craft are traveling in direct opposite directions of each other, one in the direction of the sun, the other, the direction of the 9th planet, Pluto.
    Of course, both have passed those boundaries and are well on their way into deeper space, eventually out of our galaxy.

What they have recently found is quite interesting..For some inexplicable reason, the two craft are not as far away as they should be, considering their travel speeds,in excess of 30,000 mph, and trajectory.
    IT is now being hypothesized that dark matter is playing a role in this "drag" on the craft, which of course, is a term that is largely been thought of as irrelevant in the zero G conditions of space..
    If dark matter does indeed have mass and has an effect on other mass, then maybe dark matter and anti-matter, with the use of magnetic force, can play a role in achieving greater energies and speeds in space..

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Donor

Don't forget that we need to develop a universal translator so everyone in the galaxy speaks english, just like on Star Trek!
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.12.19 @ 12:53 PM
    Liked 6,724 Times in 3,499 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoHalen View Post
    Don't forget that we need to develop a universal translator so everyone in the galaxy speaks english, just like on Star Trek!
    Well if that fails, you can just bring C3PO because he is a protocol droid.

I would hope that FTL is possible. Hawking stated that we need a means of getting off this rock or we will eventually become extinct. Whether that be by an enlarged sun, asteroids, war, global warming, etc.

I would think if Al Gore could invent the internet, he could come up with an FTL drive.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/5150
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD/BoBW
    Last Online

10.31.19 @ 10:02 AM
    Liked 77 Times in 31 Posts

...the two voyager spacecraft, that launched back in the early 70's, are still sending back data regarding their position,velocity, etc.

Each of the two craft are traveling in direct opposite directions of each other...
    Can you imagine the SAT test in a few hundred years??

Two spacecraft leave Earth at the same time, each traveling to the Andromeda galaxy...one is using Darby's Theory of FTL and the other is using a standard hyperspace drive. Which craft arrives at the destination first?
    A little more volume in the headphones please.

Last Online

08.14.19 @ 02:28 PM
    Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Donor

some of these slide shows are great

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6955261/
    I SURVIVED TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND I, II, III, IV and VI and VII.barely made it to VIII time to slow down
    I musta had a broken middle finger for V
    http://www.youtube.com/user/daneph

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Donor

NASA aims for 4 shuttle flights in 2007
    POSTED: 10:18 a.m. EDT, April 17, 2007

CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida (AP) -- NASA will try to launch four space shuttle flights in 2007 to continue building the international space station, managers for the U.S. space agency said Monday.

The targeted launch dates in 2007 will be June 8 for Atlantis; August 9 for Endeavour; October 20 for Discovery and December 6 for Atlantis.

NASA officials also announced dates for two of next year's flights, although more shuttle missions are expected in 2008, including one to repair the Hubble Space Telescope. Endeavour is scheduled to be launched on Valentine's Day in 2008 and Discovery is set to fly again on April 24, 2008.

NASA managers had hoped to squeeze five shuttle flights into 2007 at the beginning of the year, but a postponement in launching Atlantis made that impossible and created a domino-effect in launch delays for the rest of the year.

Golfball-sized hail left thousands of dents on the foam insulation on Atlantis' fuel tank as it sat on the launch pad in February. The space shuttle was rolled off the launch pad and sent back for repairs, forcing NASA to miss the original March 15 launch date.

Four shuttle flights in 2007 is "certainly something that can be accommodated and it can work," said NASA spokesman Kyle Herring. "But if we run into something along the way, we're going to slow down and fly when we're ready to fly."

During an 11-day mission in June, Atlantis' crew will deliver a new pair of solar arrays to the space station and fold up an old pair of solar panels.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 24 Times in 23 Posts

Your tax dollars at work.

Astronaut completes marathon in space
    20:12 16 April 2007
    NewScientist.com news service
    Kelly Young, Boston

US astronaut Sunita "Suni" Williams became the first person to run a marathon in space after she successfully crossed the metaphorical finish line for the Boston Marathon on the International Space Station (ISS) on Monday.

"I'm done! Woo hoo!" Williams, out of breath, radioed to NASA's Johnson Space Center at 1423 EDT (1823 GMT).

The 23,000 people entered in the Boston Marathon may have wished they were running it in space. Williams did not have to battle the heavy rain and winds and jostling crowds at the starting line of the race on Monday.

She did have to contend with the monotony of running 42.2 kilometres (26.2 miles) on a treadmill without crowds to cheer her on, however, as well as sore hips and shoulders from the harness that kept her from floating off the contraption.

Williams took several breaks during the race to adjust the harness, massage her legs and drink water out of bags with straws.

Friends and family
    Despite the less-than-perfect running conditions in space, Williams maintained a light-hearted attitude. "This treadmill makes me crazy," Williams told ground controllers when they played part of the Gnarls Barkley song "Crazy" sometime after her 16th mile.

She had a bit of an advantage over other runners because the ISS travels at about 7.7 kilometres per second. "We estimate you've completed your marathon right now, but we figure you'll run just a little longer," a NASA official radioed the space station just a few minutes after she began.

Running in space does have its perks. She had laptop computers set up around her so she could watch tapes of previous marathons.

To pass time, she had NASA radio her the split times of her sister and friends – including fellow astronaut Karen Nyberg – who were running the marathon in Boston.

Dangled orange
    Russian Lidiya Grigoryeva won the women's title with a time of 2 hours, 29 minutes. Williams averaged about 10 minutes per mile, and completed her race in about 4 hours, 24 minutes. Williams qualified for the elite race by running the Houston Marathon in 2006 in 3 hours, 29 minutes.

Though most of the six-person ISS crew was asleep while she was running, Russian flight engineer Oleg Kotov came to the Zvezda living quarters to cheer her on and take pictures. At one point, he dangled an orange in front of the treadmill, just out of her reach, perhaps to entice her to keep going.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw