Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
  1. #1
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    07.18.06
    Age
    46
    Location
    Sopranoville, NJ
    Posts
    2,406
    Favorite VH Song

    5150
    Last Online

    06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Ed's Rehab Stint - Influences?

    I didn't see this addressed anywhere, so feel free to lock this up if it's redundant....

    First, let me state that this is in no way meant to undermine or question the motives behind Ed's decision to seek help. I applaud that choice, as everyone should...

    Anyway, I was just thinking that whoever was set to back the scrapped "reunion" tour may have had some influence on Ed's going to rehab. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that, much like the process of making a movie, insurance policies are taken out on artists before they mount a major tour - so that the financial backers can recoup some of their investment if a tour gets cut short because an artist gets hurt...or worse. it goes without saying around here, but someone correct me if I'm way off on this concept.

    Maybe the financial backers were worried about getting involved in the reunion tour, with Ed's current substance issues and asked that he dry out first? Maybe he was in such bad shape that they couldn't get an insurance policy for him? Maybe a little of both?

    Maybe I should get back to work...
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

    “…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

    - Dewey Cox

  2. #2
    Eruption servoguy101's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.05.05
    Age
    47
    Location
    atlanta
    Posts
    1,244
    Favorite VH Album

    BOBW
    Favorite VH Song

    Crossing over
    Last Online

    04.03.12 @ 11:26 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Seriously doubt Ed would ever admit that his " problem " was bad enough to cancel a tour..... I am sure the spin machine will say it was a " scheduling problem " ...
    Sam, Dave,Gary... who cares. its all about what makes you feel good.

  3. #3
    Good Enough right-here-i-say's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.12.04
    Location
    Orlando FL
    Posts
    1,508
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 03:49 AM
    Likes
    240
    Liked 160 Times in 83 Posts

    Default

    We can only assume......I would assume that the tour company said no way to after they saw Eddie a few times.
    Right here I say....

  4. #4
    ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    29,833
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 09:09 AM
    Likes
    1,881
    Liked 6,839 Times in 3,579 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Al tortured Eddie and his girlfriend in the 5150 dungeon for the password to the Van Halen Vaults.

    Dave and Sammy blackmailed Janie for the access code, a sweet cut and Ed's life back.

    Eddie & Janie are recovering from the ordeal in Venice discovering new passion and trust issues...

    Mikey ?

    GARY! Stay away from the hammock at the beach house!

  5. #5
    Sinner's Swing! Darkstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.04.00
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,784
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Too Many!
    Last Online

    12.04.14 @ 11:23 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    Ed was heavily influenced by Smoking Loon...haven't you been following along?...
    Love should NOT be work, it should be as easy as breathing Dave's Dreidel

    My god, our government has less secrets than Van Halen. Emperor Brett

    I'm a Democrat and an Atheist, but I've yet to receive my ticket to Hell. Is this something I call Live Nation about or what? JakeK21

    I feel it takes far more energy to hate than love. Well outside of Obamacare, How Many Say I and Heineken beer. ziggysmalls

  6. #6
    no stinkin click! muffdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.27.02
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    7,761
    Favorite VH Album

    all
    Favorite VH Song

    strung out....
    Last Online

    02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis5150 View Post
    I didn't see this addressed anywhere, so feel free to lock this up if it's redundant....

    First, let me state that this is in no way meant to undermine or question the motives behind Ed's decision to seek help. I applaud that choice, as everyone should...

    Anyway, I was just thinking that whoever was set to back the scrapped "reunion" tour may have had some influence on Ed's going to rehab. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that, much like the process of making a movie, insurance policies are taken out on artists before they mount a major tour - so that the financial backers can recoup some of their investment if a tour gets cut short because an artist gets hurt...or worse. it goes without saying around here, but someone correct me if I'm way off on this concept.

    Maybe the financial backers were worried about getting involved in the reunion tour, with Ed's current substance issues and asked that he dry out first? Maybe he was in such bad shape that they couldn't get an insurance policy for him? Maybe a little of both?

    Maybe I should get back to work...


    ..


    J/K ....We will never know what went on ....I think going there is something one decides to do for himself,well....hopefully!

  7. #7
    Top Of The World rh2752's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.17.07
    Location
    Westampton, NJ
    Posts
    193
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    01.06.10 @ 09:58 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Close this thread! Let's all wish Ed the best with rehab. This is not an issue that should be continued!

  8. #8
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    06.01.03
    Location
    Pasadena, TX
    Posts
    2,737
    Last Online

    12.12.16 @ 10:22 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rh2752 View Post
    Close this thread! Let's all wish Ed the best with rehab. This is not an issue that should be continued!
    Agreed!

  9. #9
    ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    29,833
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 09:09 AM
    Likes
    1,881
    Liked 6,839 Times in 3,579 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Thank You Ed! Good Luck! Be Edward!

  10. #10
    Sinner's Swing! Zahzoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.20.01
    Location
    3rd Stone From The Sun
    Posts
    3,495
    Favorite VH Album

    The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

    Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

    11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Likes
    85
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rh2752 View Post
    Close this thread! Let's all wish Ed the best with rehab. This is not an issue that should be continued!
    What? You don't like the candor and potentially negative opinions or ramifications of Edward Van Halen's decisions discussed so we should all go dig a hole and bury it??

    Hush hush aunt Ethel might hear us???

    Bullshit... Poor Little Eddie went into the national media and announced his son the new bass player. Publically challenged David Lee Roth to get up there and sing. Arranged and announced a National Tour combined with a reunion with Roth... got the fans and media all stirred up!!

    Also announced/launched a huge replica of Franky thing...

    Then when the big woe is me pressures hit him to be recognized in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the lock on the tour was required from promotors then...

    Oh man I'm all fucked up... I better bail to rehab so I can give everyone what they want...

    Honestly we the fans didn't create this mess... EVH did and damn right people should candidly be telling the Emporer that he's butt nekid and quit acting candy assed tip-toeing around poor pathethic little Eddie. He's a grown man... and yes life is tough when you jack people around!!
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

  11. #11
    Hot For Teacher 8amtill606's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.06.07
    Posts
    231
    Last Online

    03.20.08 @ 01:50 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Right on Zahzoo!

    It has ALL been bullshit since '04.

    The media, NAMM, Guitar World, and Ed himself flaunted this image that he had his shit totally together. The king is back! He fucked up and fired Mike and replaced him with a teenager (son or not) - "man, he just gives us this vibe!" "We've never sounded better", "The circle is complete!" - or whatever grandiose mish mash he wants to say. It has ALL been bullshit and when Ed started seeing and hearing about how pissed off the real fan base is and how shitty this thing was going to eventually turn out - and believe me, it was going to turn out shitty - he jumps ship on the RRHOF and hides behind the most basic PR move there is. Cry sick or dependant, enter rehab or the hosptal and avoid the true criticism for your behavior that you deserve.

    He'll come out a changed man (if he's even in a rehab facility) I'm sure, but fear not, it will take absolutely no time for the next circus to erupt.

  12. #12
    Atomic Punk MF5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.04
    Age
    29
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,326
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 06:40 PM
    Likes
    298
    Liked 412 Times in 247 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zahzoo View Post
    What? You don't like the candor and potentially negative opinions or ramifications of Edward Van Halen's decisions discussed so we should all go dig a hole and bury it??

    Hush hush aunt Ethel might hear us???

    Bullshit... Poor Little Eddie went into the national media and announced his son the new bass player. Publically challenged David Lee Roth to get up there and sing. Arranged and announced a National Tour combined with a reunion with Roth... got the fans and media all stirred up!!

    Also announced/launched a huge replica of Franky thing...

    Then when the big woe is me pressures hit him to be recognized in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the lock on the tour was required from promotors then...

    Oh man I'm all fucked up... I better bail to rehab so I can give everyone what they want...

    Honestly we the fans didn't create this mess... EVH did and damn right people should candidly be telling the Emporer that he's butt nekid and quit acting candy assed tip-toeing around poor pathethic little Eddie. He's a grown man... and yes life is tough when you jack people around!!
    As much as it should be a private thing...I agree with you.

    I think no matter how much you are on the "Ed is a prick Bandwagon"...you still wish him luck and best wishes while he is in rehab. That goes without saying.

    That doesn't mean that we can't DISCUSS his motives. Sure there will be people who say shit.

    But he has made some dumb decisions in the last few months. I just think that now the had caught up to him and he is getting hit with everything like a mack truck.

    Personally if Ed doesn't put out a single piece of music after rehab...I could care less...if he is healthy...that's all I want. No Joke.

    I would rather him be sitting in 5150 by himself...sober......instead of touring with Roth or Sammy when he is drunk and fucked up.

    I think most of us share the same sentiment.

    BUT...if this turns out to be a sham...which I don't think it is...I will never respect the man...ever again.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

  13. #13
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    07.18.06
    Age
    46
    Location
    Sopranoville, NJ
    Posts
    2,406
    Favorite VH Song

    5150
    Last Online

    06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rh2752 View Post
    Close this thread! Let's all wish Ed the best with rehab. This is not an issue that should be continued!
    Quote Originally Posted by Otis5150 View Post
    First, let me state that this is in no way meant to undermine or question the motives behind Ed's decision to seek help. I applaud that choice, as everyone should...
    Just in case you or anyone else missed the above statements in my original post...
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

    “…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

    - Dewey Cox

  14. #14
    Atomic Punk MF5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.04
    Age
    29
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,326
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 06:40 PM
    Likes
    298
    Liked 412 Times in 247 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis5150 View Post
    Just in case you or anyone else missed the above statements in my original post...
    I saw those as well. I was gonna quote them as say something. I can see I have been beaten to the fire.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

  15. #15
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    07.18.06
    Age
    46
    Location
    Sopranoville, NJ
    Posts
    2,406
    Favorite VH Song

    5150
    Last Online

    06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EvH_316_5150 View Post
    I saw those as well. I was gonna quote them as say something. I can see I have been beaten to the fire.
    Thanks. It pisses me off when people don't take the time to read an entire post before responding. Especially rookies! Kid's got some balls, though...demanding that a thread be closed...
    Last edited by Otis5150; 03.29.07 at 07:48 AM.
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

    “…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

    - Dewey Cox

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Dave musical influences
    By dropdeadlegs in forum The Diamond One
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08.27.05, 03:26 PM
  2. Influences
    By RockGod5150 in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01.15.05, 06:50 PM
  3. NON-musical influences?
    By AbeVanHalen in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10.29.01, 09:25 PM
  4. Your Top Five influences????
    By crossing_over in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09.06.00, 12:10 PM
  5. Eds influences
    By Dusie in forum Van Halen 101
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06.19.00, 06:53 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •