Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Eruption
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts

Default When and where do they show thread

With all of the negativity lately when and where will the band resurface and with whom? Sure Ed needs to get out of rehab, they need to refocus, the band needs to come together etc. With the summer tour season needing to already be planned and going forward I'll toss out a fall tour. Hopefully some sort of new music being put together over the summer. It would be refreshing to see a reunited DLR led VH make an appearance at the VMAs ala' GnR. I can't think of any other springboard appearance opportunity for that particular time of the year.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Expecting anything is a recipe for continuing disappointment...
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Last Online

12.16.17 @ 10:49 AM
    Liked 1,618 Times in 995 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by SactoFan View Post
    Expecting anything is a recipe for continuing disappointment...
    What he said.

Nothing VH is happening this year, if Ed is serious about working on himself.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

11.27.15 @ 03:34 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts

Donor

I always remember this gem from my high school guidance counselor when discussing career paths: "Wish in one hand and shit in the other; see which one gets filled first."

. . . . .
    "The eagle lands at midnight: bacon burger ice cube over" ~ jetguy5150

Eruption
    Last Online

There are no expectations here, but something has to happen at some point in the future. I just do not see Ed going so far as to have a tour announced or even have picture shoot if something isn't going to happen. He worked with DLR and Sam in the past well before and never announced anything. The Police stole the thunder for the summer. Is there anyone to really compete with this fall/next spring?

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Limecuda View Post
    There are no expectations here, but something has to happen at some point in the future. I just do not see Ed going so far as to have a tour announced or even have picture shoot if something isn't going to happen. He worked with DLR and Sam in the past well before and never announced anything. The Police stole the thunder for the summer. Is there anyone to really compete with this fall/next spring?
    Nothing HAS to happen. Your expectations of guaranteed delivery of something are just that. Expectations. Not fact, not likely nor probable at this point, given information and evidence at hand.

The tour postponement was NOT due to the Police. The tour postponement has nothing to do with competition.

If you have not determined the precarious nature of Eddie Van Halen's decisions or lack thereof at this point...you haven't been following the story very close.

Favorite VH Album

The one with the :
    Favorite VH Song

high fast stuff.
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:44 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Welll duh................. On the cover of Guitar World with the title proclaiming Eddie's Back!

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm sticking with what I said yesterday....

The reappearance of the Van HALEN logo means that Van HALEN will continue. It's only a matter of "when" and I'm willing to wait until Eddie gets his shit together.

Fuck, I've waited 23 years to see this band again. One more isn't going to kill me.

As for a VMA appearance, I don't think that's happening for obvious historical reasons. And that alleged "GnR" appearance was an embarrassment.
    Last edited by FORD; 03.24.07 at 12:42 PM.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Eruption
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    Nothing HAS to happen. Your expectations of guaranteed delivery of something are just that. Expectations. Not fact, not likely nor probable at this point, given information and evidence at hand.

The tour postponement was NOT due to the Police. The tour postponement has nothing to do with competition.

If you have not determined the precarious nature of Eddie Van Halen's decisions or lack thereof at this point...you haven't been following the story very close.

Nobody guaranteed anything in this post. No one said the postponement was due to the Police. A reunited VH is second fiddle at this point and would not be "the" concert event this summer. The whole point of this thread was merely conversation about when people think/feel we'll hear something in regards to this band and I threw in my two cents for whatever they are worth. In regards to that aspect something will/has to be discussed. No way this band hangs their hat out there in February only to disappear. They had plans and things popped up. They don't have a history of doing anything like that in the past. If anything it has been frustrating on the opposite end with the band saying nothing ala' "no news is good news".

Why do you feel you must come into nearly every damn thread and think YOU are the authority and the voice of reason? If you do not like the topic or discussion then go away.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

05.26.17 @ 11:48 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    I'm sticking with what I said yesterday....

The reappearance of the Van HALEN logo means that Van HALEN will continue. It's only a matter of "when" and I'm willing to wait until Eddie gets his shit together.

Fuck, I've waited 23 years to see this band again. One more isn't going to kill me.

As for a VMA appearance, I don't think that's happening for obvious historical reasons. And that alleged "GnR" appearance was an embarrassment.
    From one Dave-era fan to another....

Wishful thinking! Don't count on it. I'd give 10-1 odds on it never happening.

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Limecuda View Post
    Nobody guaranteed anything in this post. No one said the postponement was due to the Police. A reunited VH is second fiddle at this point and would not be "the" concert event this summer. The whole point of this thread was merely conversation about when people think/feel we'll hear something in regards to this band and I threw in my two cents for whatever they are worth. In regards to that aspect something will/has to be discussed. No way this band hangs their hat out there in February only to disappear. They had plans and things popped up. They don't have a history of doing anything like that in the past. If anything it has been frustrating on the opposite end with the band saying nothing ala' "no news is good news".

Why do you feel you must come into nearly every damn thread and think YOU are the authority and the voice of reason? If you do not like the topic or discussion then go away.
    Why do you feel the need to repeat ad nauseum the same shit that's being discussed in a dozen other threads? Why do you think it's odd this band makes premature decisons and then fails to follow through on them? Did you actually just say they don't have a history of doing anything like that in the past? That's utterly ridiculous. It's actually Van Halen's M.O. to cancel something initially engaged, then fizzled out. Have you not been paying attention for the last ten years? '96. '99. 2000. Expansion of '04 tour to other countries. '07. And so on.

I base my points on logic and established patterns of behavior, not pie in the sky hopes. Sorry that my realism bothers you, but it IS a voice of reason, not desire. If you don't like alternative takes on topics that have been discussed repeatedly over the years, then don't post them in a public forum.

Last Online

Donor

That must be what it means. For sure.

<translation: this is what you want, not what you know. >

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Duck View Post
    From one Dave-era fan to another....

Wishful thinking! Don't count on it. I'd give 10-1 odds on it never happening.
    A year ago, I would have agreed. When Dave was calling it an "inevitability" on his radio show, I didn't take that seriously.

But this time around it's a bit different. You actually had at least one photo shoot of the band. You had a tour in the beginning stages of planning, and when problems did come up, though details were obscured, one thing that DID emerge was that the problems were not "the usual suspects" (i.e. Dave vs Eddie).

The Hall of Fame was a colossal clusterfuck. No question about it. But not significant of anything, because with Eddie sidelined, they wouldn't have played anyway.

And then there's the logo. A small gesture, but a significant one, considering how we all know Brad $tarks hates to update anything.

That's the Van HALEN logo. It's never appeared on any Van Hagar, Van Danniels, or Van - sitting in limbo and not doing shit merchandise. In fact, it hasn't appeared at all since 1985. The only reason to bring it back is to say that Van HALEN is still a band and will be back.

(Wolfie vs Mikey issues notwithstanding, of course. But that's been done to death in other threads)
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Last Online

Donor

That's the Van HALEN logo. It's never appeared on any Van Hagar, Van Danniels, or Van - sitting in limbo and not doing shit merchandise. In fact, it hasn't appeared at all since 1985. The only reason to bring it back is to say that Van HALEN is still a band and will be back.
    Really. This was close enough. You must've lost some sleep the first time you saw it. Wings of fire.

You're so sad, squirming and floundering the way you are. You have been bagging on Brad, Eddie and Alex for years...now all of a sudden Brad's a good webbie for switching a graphic, Ed's back in your good graces. Van Halen was never back, not without Mike. Van Wolf didn't even get past the blueprint stage. They're going to have to make ANOTHER logo change should it ever get enough steam going to actually make an appearance. I guess it will be something like this, won't it? Van Wolf - The Volkswagen of Van Halen.

EddyFord.

Logo changes don't mean shit, kids.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

The reappearance of the Van HALEN logo means that Van HALEN will continue.
    Still waiting for that train to come in, are ya?

LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!