Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Hang 'Em High
    Join Date
    01.07.07
    Location
    The Texxas Jam - 1978
    Posts
    5,956
    Favorite VH Album

    Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL, D.O.A., TYWH
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 08:44 AM
    Likes
    1,119
    Liked 1,329 Times in 799 Posts

    The Dallas Tribute Band " DIVER DOWN "

    Dallas, Texas has a CVH tribute band called DIVER DOWN. Tributecity.com says they've been rockin' the Dallas area since 2004.

    I haven't seem then yet, but sound good.

    Here's a Link to their MY Space Website -- You can listen to some of their songs there
    Last edited by The Rover; 03.18.07 at 10:52 PM.

    ~~8 U.S.C. 1182(f)~~

  2. #2
    Eruption EVHWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.13.01
    Location
    Philadelphia (now in Portland, ME)
    Posts
    1,204
    Favorite VH Album

    VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

    ATBL
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 06:23 PM
    Likes
    40
    Liked 278 Times in 100 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    There's a CVH tirbute band in New England named Diver Down as well. They have been around since 1983 or so. Check out diverdowntribute.com. They're really good.
    For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge the New England Fucking Patriots, Dallas Fucking Cowboys, New York Fucking Giants, Washington Fucking Redskins, Carolina Fucking Panthers, Tampa Bay Fucking Bucs, Florida Fucking Marlins, Atlanta Fucking Braves, New York Fucking Mets, Boston Fucking Red Sox, Boston Fucking Bruins, and New Jersey Fucking Devils.

    ( . Y . ) Boobs!

    \m/ \m/
    / / v \ \

  3. #3
    Romeo Delight vh07's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.11.07
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    83
    Favorite VH Album

    fair warning
    Last Online

    02.02.16 @ 11:01 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Rover View Post
    Dallas, Texas has a CVH tribute band called DIVER DOWN. Tributecity.com says they've been rockin' the Dallas area since 2004.

    I haven't seem then yet, but sound good.

    Here's a Link to their MY Space Website -- You can listen to some of their songs there
    don't waste your time and money!! its not a real vh tribute, its nothing like atomic punks, they play songs from other classic rock artist in ther set.

  4. #4
    On Fire
    Join Date
    05.20.00
    Location
    Concord NH, USA
    Posts
    369
    Favorite VH Album

    VH-II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Girl gone bad/Dreams live
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 08:59 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 140 Times in 64 Posts

    Default

    I am from NH and have seen the Diver Down tribute several times. They do a pretty decent job on the CVH era. I actually play drums in a VH tribute called balance. We do VH from Dave-Sammy. Our singer looks just like Sammy and can get his screams down pretty well. I must say that even though it is an ass load of work, it sure is fun.

    www.myspace.com/balancevhtribute

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=FcbFTmTvcGM
    "What do you expect from a guy who makes his living beating things with a stick!"-EVH

  5. #5
    Atomic Punk sixstring's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.22.04
    Age
    45
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    9,852
    Favorite VH Album

    1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

    07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vh07 View Post
    don't waste your time and money!! its not a real vh tribute, its nothing like atomic punks, they play songs from other classic rock artist in ther set.
    Didn't know there was another trib in Dallas. I'm just down the road a bit from there. For those of you who don't know, I'll pimp my trib band, FAIR WARNING, again:

    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/showthread.php?t=30667

    We're legit - nothing but stuff from the Classic Six Pack...

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


    "20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

    "something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

    "in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

  6. #6
    Hang 'Em High
    Join Date
    01.07.07
    Location
    The Texxas Jam - 1978
    Posts
    5,956
    Favorite VH Album

    Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL, D.O.A., TYWH
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 08:44 AM
    Likes
    1,119
    Liked 1,329 Times in 799 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sixstring View Post
    Didn't know there was another trib in Dallas. I'm just down the road a bit from there. For those of you who don't know, I'll pimp my trib band, FAIR WARNING, again:

    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/showthread.php?t=30667

    We're legit - nothing but stuff from the Classic Six Pack...

    Hey that's cool.... I'd to see anything VH since they won't be touring this summer...

    Enjoyed reading about your "Dave" encounter Sixstring!!
    http://www.freewebs.com/fairwarningr...eetingdave.htm

    ~~8 U.S.C. 1182(f)~~

  7. #7
    Forum Frontman
    Join Date
    09.15.06
    Age
    42
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,568
    Last Online

    07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    The Atomic Punks played "Sweet Child O' Mine" at their last show here in the Twin Cities. Lance didn't look too happy about it. That was when I opted to go to the bathroom.

  8. #8
    Hot For Teacher
    Join Date
    06.12.02
    Age
    38
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    251
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    So This Is Love?
    Last Online

    12.07.17 @ 05:24 PM
    Likes
    14
    Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts

    Default X Halen (Melbourne CVH tribute)

    I live in Melbourne, Australia and a couple of weeks back I went to The Hi Fi Bar and saw a CVH tribute band called 'X Halen' playing alongside a Def Leppard tribute band called 'Def Repplica'. (Such an amusing name).

    X Halen were pretty good. The played everything you'd want to see the real VH do. Their singer sounded just like DLR, (even speaking just like him between songs); their guitarist did a respectable job as Eddie; their bass player played OK, but his BG vocals were disappointing compared to Mikey and their drummer, was solid but played with a totally different sound to Alex.

    When they played You Really Got Me, they changed to 'Thriller' half way through and the guitarist played the EVH solo from that song.

    The band finished (predictably) with Panama and Jump before pre-empting requests for an encore, (they really couldn't do a proper one because they were the support band), and finally finishing with Yankee Rose.

    As it's 99.9% certain that VH will never tour Australia, I'd recommend any VH-starved Aussies check X Halen out.

    They have a few clips available at their site:

    http://www.xhalen.com/
    "The large print giveth and the small print taketh away" - Tom Waits

  9. #9
    Baluchitherium Rovus's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.10.03
    Age
    36
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    5,100
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

    07.09.11 @ 09:31 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shumway View Post
    I live in Melbourne, Australia and a couple of weeks back I went to The Hi Fi Bar and saw a CVH tribute band called 'X Halen' playing alongside a Def Leppard tribute band called 'Def Repplica'. (Such an amusing name).

    X Halen were pretty good. The played everything you'd want to see the real VH do. Their singer sounded just like DLR, (even speaking just like him between songs); their guitarist did a respectable job as Eddie; their bass player played OK, but his BG vocals were disappointing compared to Mikey and their drummer, was solid but played with a totally different sound to Alex.

    When they played You Really Got Me, they changed to 'Thriller' half way through and the guitarist played the EVH solo from that song.

    The band finished (predictably) with Panama and Jump before pre-empting requests for an encore, (they really couldn't do a proper one because they were the support band), and finally finishing with Yankee Rose.

    As it's 99.9% certain that VH will never tour Australia, I'd recommend any VH-starved Aussies check X Halen out.

    They have a few clips available at their site:

    http://www.xhalen.com/
    I just happened to be chatting to Casemeister last night and he told me that he thinks X-Halen can rival any CVH Tribute band in the world, even the Atomic Punks. He's always following X-Halen around in their gigs and almost went to Tassie just be see them and party afterwards with them. I've never seen them live yet but did get to meet Enzo (the Eddie guitarist) through Case. Top bloke! And, I agree, the guy who plays Dave is very much like him. The last time Case happened to see them he called me just so I could have a good brief listen to 'Romeo Delight' and 'Everybody Wants Some!!', and the guy is top-notch on Dave's screams.

    It's too bad Sydney doesn't have a group like X-Halen.
    Bobby Cohn: Who's going to be at Waynestock?
    Wayne Campbell: Um, uh...Aerosmith & Pearl Jam!
    Garth Algar: Ha ha ha ha ho!
    Bobby: Who else?
    Garth: Uh, me...and...and Wayne...
    Wayne: ...and uh...VAN HALEN!!!
    Garth: Wow. Van Halen. Who else?
    Bobby: Yeah, who else?
    Wayne: Uh, an old man fashioning a kayak out of a log?

    - Wayne's World 2

    "God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time." - Robin Williams

    "Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential." - Winston Churchill

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. "Say Uncle," "You Wear It Well," "River Wide" and "Left for Dead."
    By extreme red roth in forum VH Songs/Albums/Videos
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 12.28.16, 06:31 PM
  2. "Summertime Blues" on the "Diver Down" Album
    By The J Man in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07.31.06, 07:50 PM
  3. Mp3 of Dave singing "Little Dreamer" in Dallas
    By NOaverageJOE in forum "Song For Song" Tour 2002
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06.22.02, 06:56 PM
  4. Was VH a "Tribute" band with Gary?
    By chewbaccamonkeylunch in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06.15.02, 05:50 AM
  5. They're playing "Neworld" on "Tribute to Heroes"!
    By Rokgtar in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09.26.01, 06:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •