Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    07.18.06
    Age
    46
    Location
    Sopranoville, NJ
    Posts
    2,406
    Favorite VH Song

    5150
    Last Online

    06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Used Wolfgang Price?

    Anyone think $850 is a fair price for an '98 ivory hardtail standard? I'm thinking it's about right. Please let me know. Thanks.
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

    “…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

    - Dewey Cox

  2. #2
    Top Of The World chucker5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.19.04
    Age
    48
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    148
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Humans Being
    Last Online

    03.11.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    That sounds about right.
    "Edward is playing like a motherfucker tonight!" - DLR 10/03/2007

    "Now remember, these are youtube video clips so don't expect it to look like "Star Wars" on your 70 inch plasma tv." - Hain23x

    "If you want to be a true artist, then make your music and don't even release it." - EVH 1995

    "Forward Movement. Not to accomplish anything in particular because that would suggest an end. It's the doing I crave." - DLR 1981

    "Panty-Bra! Panty-Bra-ha, oh, oh, oh, oh!" - A friend's childhood interpretation of "Panama."

  3. #3
    Eruption Wolfgang_'99's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.29.06
    Age
    24
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    1,019
    Favorite VH Album

    II, 1984, OU812, Fuck, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Umm...
    Last Online

    06.18.10 @ 10:55 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    I guess.
    VAN HALEN FOR LIFE

    Bands I've seen:

    VAN HALEN X2
    Rose Hill Drv.
    Aerosmith X2
    Cheap Trick
    Motley Cru
    The Who
    BB King
    Velvet Revolver
    Three Days Grace
    Robert Plant
    The trews
    Heaven and Hell
    Megadeth
    Roger Waters/ Best concert EVER
    Ozzy
    Rob Zombie
    In This Moment

    Proud Threetard

    5150

  4. #4
    Top Of The World
    Join Date
    06.19.04
    Posts
    205
    Last Online

    12.29.16 @ 07:31 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I'd go with $840 instead just to be safe.
    A liar sucks way more than any asshole. Trust me...I'd know. I'm an asshole and that's not a lie.

  5. #5
    Niners Fan! SactoFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.07.00
    Age
    47
    Location
    The Tiki Bar...
    Posts
    9,524
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

    @
    Likes
    6
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    I would pay that...
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

  6. #6
    Eruption bjk's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.18.05
    Posts
    745
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 08:32 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts

    Default

    I'd feel kind of naked playing a Wolfie without a Floyd. Whenever I see a Wolf Standard on Ebay for under a grand, I think , . Then after further inspection I see it's a stop tail and I'm like, .

  7. #7
    Forum Frontman
    Join Date
    09.15.06
    Age
    42
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,568
    Last Online

    07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis5150 View Post
    Anyone think $850 is a fair price for an '98 ivory hardtail standard? I'm thinking it's about right. Please let me know. Thanks.
    That's the one on eBay right now?

    It looks like it's in pretty good shape, but it won't come with the original hard case or paperwork, so that is something to consider. (On average used Wolfgang cases go for about $125 on eBay.) Maybe offer him $800 and see what he says.

    I've come to like having the Floyd Rose on my Wolfgangs, but if I'm ever not using it--especially in the studio--I'll play a stop tail. They literally sing with sustain and harmonic overtones. Also, the difference in tone from a solid basswood Wolfie (like the ivory one) to a maple top Wolfie is simply preferencial. A maple top is indeed very nice looking and brightens up the tone, but there is a rich, thick depth to the solid basswood models (which some days I prefer more).

  8. #8
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    07.18.06
    Age
    46
    Location
    Sopranoville, NJ
    Posts
    2,406
    Favorite VH Song

    5150
    Last Online

    06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post
    That's the one on eBay right now?

    It looks like it's in pretty good shape, but it won't come with the original hard case or paperwork, so that is something to consider. (On average used Wolfgang cases go for about $125 on eBay.) Maybe offer him $800 and see what he says.

    I've come to like having the Floyd Rose on my Wolfgangs, but if I'm ever not using it--especially in the studio--I'll play a stop tail. They literally sing with sustain and harmonic overtones. Also, the difference in tone from a solid basswood Wolfie (like the ivory one) to a maple top Wolfie is simply preferencial. A maple top is indeed very nice looking and brightens up the tone, but there is a rich, thick depth to the solid basswood models (which some days I prefer more).
    Shhhhhhh!

    I'm thinking about buying it and selling my gold top special. I'm not a floyd guy, so i love the stop-tails. I let you guys know what happens....
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

    “…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

    - Dewey Cox

  9. #9
    5150
    Join Date
    12.12.03
    Location
    Hamilton, ON, Canada
    Posts
    662
    Favorite VH Album

    All of 'em
    Favorite VH Song

    Top Jimmy/Runaround
    Last Online

    08.21.17 @ 12:12 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    The price is all relative to what you are willing to pay based on what you think it is worth to you.

    I just paid $1167.00 for a 98 black floyd rose Wolfgang.

    To me, it was well worth it. Mint condition. From original owner with papers and case.

    So $850 looks good.
    One noticeable difference between Judas Priest and Metallica...
    ...Judas Priest only has one gay guy in the band.

  10. #10
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    07.18.06
    Age
    46
    Location
    Sopranoville, NJ
    Posts
    2,406
    Favorite VH Song

    5150
    Last Online

    06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I just pulled the trigger. Anyone want to buy a gold top special hard tail? lol
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

    “…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

    - Dewey Cox

  11. #11
    Forum Frontman
    Join Date
    09.15.06
    Age
    42
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,568
    Last Online

    07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis5150 View Post
    I just pulled the trigger. Anyone want to buy a gold top special hard tail? lol
    Congratulations, Otis. You're gonna like the arch top a lot! Also, I like your eBay ID!

    How much do you want for the gold hard tail, and what condition is it in?

  12. #12
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    07.18.06
    Age
    46
    Location
    Sopranoville, NJ
    Posts
    2,406
    Favorite VH Song

    5150
    Last Online

    06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post
    Congratulations, Otis. You're gonna like the arch top a lot! Also, I like your eBay ID!

    How much do you want for the gold hard tail, and what condition is it in?
    I don't know Andrew, I'm starting to get a stalker-vibe from you...just kidding. I got the gold-top special for a steal, but there are some upgrades:

    - Graphite (Graphtech) nut & bridge
    - Planet Waves locking tuners
    - DiMarzio Tone Zone bridge pickup
    - Coil tap switches for both pickups
    - Toggle switch was moved near the coil-tap switches (near volume nob), so the old toggle near the upper bout is inactive.

    It's in good condition but there are some noticable dings, up close. Awesome guitar and really versatile with the coil-taps. I've just always wanted an Ivory hard-tail standard and couldn't pass it up.

    I'd be willing to let her go for $500, to a good home. PM me if you're interested and I'll send you pics. I'll be away until Saturday night, but I'll get back to you asap.
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

    “…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

    - Dewey Cox

  13. #13
    Forum Frontman
    Join Date
    09.15.06
    Age
    42
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,568
    Last Online

    07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis5150 View Post
    I don't know Andrew, I'm starting to get a stalker-vibe from you...just kidding. I got the gold-top special for a steal, but there are some upgrades:

    - Graphite (Graphtech) nut & bridge
    - Planet Waves locking tuners
    - DiMarzio Tone Zone bridge pickup
    - Coil tap switches for both pickups
    - Toggle switch was moved near the coil-tap switches (near volume nob), so the old toggle near the upper bout is inactive.

    It's in good condition but there are some noticable dings, up close. Awesome guitar and really versatile with the coil-taps. I've just always wanted an Ivory hard-tail standard and couldn't pass it up.

    I'd be willing to let her go for $500, to a good home. PM me if you're interested and I'll send you pics. I'll be away until Saturday night, but I'll get back to you asap.
    I'd been watching that one on eBay! No stalker stuff here...

    I'm more interested in a Special stop tail that is stock, but thanks for letting me know anyway.

    FYI: I've noticed Wolfgangs with a lot of mods--especially those witout the original pickups--don't sell as well on eBay. So if you were planning to go that route, maybe try Craig's List first.

  14. #14
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    07.18.06
    Age
    46
    Location
    Sopranoville, NJ
    Posts
    2,406
    Favorite VH Song

    5150
    Last Online

    06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Whew!...Just kidding. As long as I get something decent for it, I'll be happy. I'll let you know how it goes.
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

    “…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

    - Dewey Cox

  15. #15
    Atomic Punk fast98dodge's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.24.04
    Age
    43
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    8,212
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen II
    Last Online

    08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Likes
    331
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Not to be an ass, but I remember paying $1435 for my first year quilt brand spankin' new...
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Price for a ticket?
    By guitar5150 in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02.02.07, 01:44 PM
  2. New EVH Replica Price
    By Trennasol in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 02.01.07, 04:20 PM
  3. A price you want to pay!
    By BREW CREW in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01.31.06, 12:39 AM
  4. what price?
    By perticelli in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02.09.05, 04:13 PM
  5. Price on a Wolfgang Standard?
    By heatmiser in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07.19.00, 01:21 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •