Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Eruption valdez44's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.25.02
    Location
    Alhambra, CA
    Posts
    1,193
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning, and 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Outta love again, Humans Being
    Last Online

    12.14.12 @ 08:13 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Primerica: Legit business or pyramid scam?

    Has anyone else heard of this company. They sell life insurance and offer and variety of financial services. I have a friend who works for them, and swears they are a great company, yet I've heard from others that they are a scam?

    Anyone else have experiences with this company, good or bad?
    If you shake my hand better count your fingers - Mustaine

  2. #2
    no stinkin click! muffdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.27.02
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    7,761
    Favorite VH Album

    all
    Favorite VH Song

    strung out....
    Last Online

    02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    I have heard about these guys too....I thought they were an investment firm or something? I'll stick to the Investor's group, that are up here.....

  3. #3
    Atomic Punk FORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.26.00
    Age
    51
    Location
    The Mighty Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    7,807
    Favorite VH Album

    All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valdez44 View Post
    Has anyone else heard of this company. They sell life insurance and offer and variety of financial services. I have a friend who works for them, and swears they are a great company, yet I've heard from others that they are a scam?

    Anyone else have experiences with this company, good or bad?
    I've heard it described as a cult. This guy tried to recruit me into Primerica a few years back. Funny thing is, he was working for the same temp agency I was at the time, so his claims of being "independently wealthy" went into the shitter right there.

    Proceed at your own risk......
    Eat Us And Smile

    Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

    ...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

    "What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

  4. #4
    Top Of The World bigdrewhalenite's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.19.03
    Location
    West Valley City, Utah
    Posts
    195
    Favorite VH Album

    WACF
    Favorite VH Song

    Ice Cream Man
    Last Online

    07.14.15 @ 11:29 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Total, Amway-style pyramid scam. Avoid them like the plague.
    Violence is the first refuge of the incompetent.- Isaac Asimov

  5. #5
    Top Of The World MackieMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.04.04
    Posts
    196
    Last Online

    05.31.12 @ 11:07 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    My wife is starting up working for them, under a friend of mine who I have known for years and trust.

    It isn't a scam - the services are legit. Essentially there are two parts to the biz: offering people the services (mutual funds, life insurance, mortgages, and smart loans, all underwritten by CITI), and the part where people join your team and work under you. As far as the services, the Primerica people are more or less explaining the services and providing the paperwork and offering any questions or support. CITI handles the financial end of all the services. A financial overview is done free of charge and shows you your current financial situation, where you can improve, where your money is going. Most of the time, the services offered by Primerica/CITI are competitive with the services by other companies, so by switching a mutual fund, life insurance or mortgage to one through CITI, that frees up monies that could be used to invest back into your mutual fund. If you have alot of CC bills, a Smart Loan will reduce your monthly payment to pay off cards, and instead of pocketing the extra money, you pay yourself by adding to what you are investing in a mutual fund or other financial option. When you work for Primerica, your sales provide you with income, but also provide the person you work under with income. So if you get someone else working on your team, you get monies from the sales they generate and so on. It isn't a get rich scheme - it is alot of training and dedication, but all the people I have met have been doing this with significant levels of success. I would have thought it was a scam, but the guy my wife is working under is someone I know and trust - no BS, and he has been making a good living doing this the past few years, starting off part time, working to full time as a regional manager with his own team of 16+ people. I would say that you need sales chops and people skills, and if you are the type of person that likes the rewards for a job well done, it is an opp to consider. Anyone coming into the company starts part time so it is an opp you can do while you have your regular job. Good thing for us, when my wife starts up (she got in prior to having a kid, so she has been holding off on training for a bit, she does plan to get into this when our son is able to be babysat easier), if we get any additional services, she can essentially sell herself the services, like a mortgage, and collect commission on it. We also had been on the fence over life insurance and investing, so I was able to get into both fairly easily. And it isn't like I am buying into some crap - I get full web access and a statement on my mutual fund, full access to my life insurance. I think the best thing about it is that most of the people are middle class people who are trying to not only make things better for themselves, but offer the services from the POV of helping out the people they talk with, helping to explain finances a bit clearer. I certainly found it helpful and eye opening.

    My 2 cents. I have seen nothing in my experience with them since last summer to expect foul play with how they operate.

  6. #6
    Atomic Punk ZeoBandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.29.02
    Age
    41
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    17,830
    Favorite VH Album

    F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

    Humans Being
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Likes
    54
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Never heard of them. I'll stick with the big name companies for my financial needs.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

    www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

  7. #7
    Good Enough BottomzUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.28.04
    Age
    48
    Location
    The Sunshine State
    Posts
    1,602
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Too many!
    Last Online

    03.12.07 @ 01:18 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    My experience is 1000000% SCAM. I was sucker enough to go to ONE meeting and left early. In my opinion they prey on people with visions of gradeur!
    Do as you wish but that's my 2 cents!
    "Maybe I was the only one, but I really felt like we could surprise these guys. Obviously, that was not the case."

    Brett Favre 09/10/06

    http://www.myspace.com/lionzrule

  8. #8
    Sinner's Swing! twonabomber's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.15.01
    Location
    cleveland, oh
    Posts
    3,699
    Last Online

    12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    i went to some of their meetings, did some presentations...wasn't for me. too much God talk, too.
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

    Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

  9. #9
    Atomic Punk Menlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.02.04
    Age
    47
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    11,654
    Favorite VH Album

    VH II
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

    06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Likes
    5
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeoHalen View Post
    Never heard of them. I'll stick with the big name companies for my financial needs.
    They're part of Citigroup, the biggest financial company in the world.

  10. #10
    5150 HuBBs5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.19.04
    Age
    36
    Posts
    621
    Favorite VH Album

    ADKOT, II, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    AS IS
    Last Online

    05.26.15 @ 05:03 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Yes I was offered a job thru a friend of mine. Anyjob that asks you to pay $200 for books to take a class to work for them is a scandal. I went to their seminar and they avoid questions you ask by changing the topic. Whats worse is most of the people that work for them aren't even aware its a pyramid scheme.
    -----HuBBs5150-----

    "Meet us in the future not the pasture!" - DLR, Aug 13th 2007

    What is GamingVision?

  11. #11
    Eruption valdez44's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.25.02
    Location
    Alhambra, CA
    Posts
    1,193
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning, and 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Outta love again, Humans Being
    Last Online

    12.14.12 @ 08:13 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    thanks for the comments guys.....I will continue to do research on them.
    If you shake my hand better count your fingers - Mustaine

  12. #12
    Good Enough darthadv's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.27.04
    Location
    Queens, NYC
    Posts
    2,511
    Favorite VH Album

    I, II, 1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Jump/D.O.A./Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

    01.05.12 @ 09:51 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    i unwittingly sat in on an amway pitch once and found myself so surprised at how people get reeled into these sort of things...

  13. #13
    Atomic Punk FORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.26.00
    Age
    51
    Location
    The Mighty Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    7,807
    Favorite VH Album

    All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Menlow View Post
    They're part of Citigroup, the biggest financial company in the world.

    ....which is owned by the terrorist funding, oil profits ass-raping Saudi Arabians.
    Eat Us And Smile

    Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

    ...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

    "What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

  14. #14
    Unchained Judgement Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.31.04
    Age
    39
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    510
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

    Humans Being
    Last Online

    12.04.17 @ 07:19 AM
    Likes
    11
    Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    From what I've read on the net they sound like a pyramid scam to me. I was doing some research because my girlfriend was offered a job with American Income Life Insurance and the more I heard the more it sounded like a bunch of BS. While I was doing my research I came across some comments about Primerica which were not too reassuring. So my guess is that both of these companies are ripping off the people that can least afford it. If you want you can check out www.scam.com , that's were I found out some of my info.

  15. #15
    5150 C5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.30.04
    Posts
    640
    Last Online

    10.19.15 @ 11:50 AM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MackieMan View Post
    My wife is starting up working for them, under a friend of mine who I have known for years and trust.

    It isn't a scam - the services are legit. Essentially there are two parts to the biz: offering people the services (mutual funds, life insurance, mortgages, and smart loans, all underwritten by CITI), and the part where people join your team and work under you. As far as the services, the Primerica people are more or less explaining the services and providing the paperwork and offering any questions or support. CITI handles the financial end of all the services. A financial overview is done free of charge and shows you your current financial situation, where you can improve, where your money is going. Most of the time, the services offered by Primerica/CITI are competitive with the services by other companies, so by switching a mutual fund, life insurance or mortgage to one through CITI, that frees up monies that could be used to invest back into your mutual fund. If you have alot of CC bills, a Smart Loan will reduce your monthly payment to pay off cards, and instead of pocketing the extra money, you pay yourself by adding to what you are investing in a mutual fund or other financial option. When you work for Primerica, your sales provide you with income, but also provide the person you work under with income. So if you get someone else working on your team, you get monies from the sales they generate and so on. It isn't a get rich scheme - it is alot of training and dedication, but all the people I have met have been doing this with significant levels of success. I would have thought it was a scam, but the guy my wife is working under is someone I know and trust - no BS, and he has been making a good living doing this the past few years, starting off part time, working to full time as a regional manager with his own team of 16+ people. I would say that you need sales chops and people skills, and if you are the type of person that likes the rewards for a job well done, it is an opp to consider. Anyone coming into the company starts part time so it is an opp you can do while you have your regular job. Good thing for us, when my wife starts up (she got in prior to having a kid, so she has been holding off on training for a bit, she does plan to get into this when our son is able to be babysat easier), if we get any additional services, she can essentially sell herself the services, like a mortgage, and collect commission on it. We also had been on the fence over life insurance and investing, so I was able to get into both fairly easily. And it isn't like I am buying into some crap - I get full web access and a statement on my mutual fund, full access to my life insurance. I think the best thing about it is that most of the people are middle class people who are trying to not only make things better for themselves, but offer the services from the POV of helping out the people they talk with, helping to explain finances a bit clearer. I certainly found it helpful and eye opening.

    My 2 cents. I have seen nothing in my experience with them since last summer to expect foul play with how they operate.
    It's all legal! You have to licensed to sell insurance, mortgages, and health insurance! Your just an indipendant owner that offers the services!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Hardknockz...legit or not??
    By Tucker in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03.07.05, 06:14 PM
  2. Notre Dame...2 Legit 2 Quit?
    By SactoFan in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11.02.02, 04:42 PM
  3. So you think that # the hottie gave you was legit.....
    By Fu Man ChuChu Rodriquez in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06.18.02, 09:01 AM
  4. NEW LEGIT INFO!!
    By JMJ in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01.11.02, 10:23 PM
  5. The Britney-VH connection is now LEGIT!
    By The SLAWTERHOUSE Bug in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08.02.00, 09:27 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •