Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

11.10.08 @ 08:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Putting the Pieces Together

Andrew from Melodicrock has hinted that the real story is somewhere in between the lines... So let's look at the puzzle.

From Melodicrock:
    Read this article - this (without saying so much) spells out the problem pretty clearly...more clearly than I felt comfortable to state earlier in the week.

From the LA Times:
    "I'm going to put some words in Ed's mouth," Roth said. "Whatever explanation he may give about having his son in the band, I'm going to superimpose: He wants to play with his kid while he's still at the top of his game and able to.

Read that again. "Still at the top of his game and able to".

Again... "...able to".

More from Roth...

"That's also the same reason I'm in the band in its current configuration. No questions asked."

So Dave is doing this for the chance to play with Ed while he's still able to. No questions asked.

Back to Dave...

He said, 'Hey, c'mon up the hill and make some music.' I said, 'Great. I'd love to play with you while you're still on the top of your game.' ".

Does that sound to anyone else like Ed has a health problem and may be on borrowed time?

Back to Melodicrock from earlier this week...

"Despite what little has been said publicly so far, it seems there are issues beyond paperwork and contracts that need to be ironed out."

Some have guessed that the issues are drug or drink related. But what about health?

One last word from Roth...

"Roth, meanwhile, says he is unsure whether the mercurial guitarist will even travel to New York for the Hall of Fame induction on March 12."

Will even travel? An odd choice of words. It's the type of thing that is said about someone who ill or injuried. Sports figures who are injuried may not "travel" with the team.

Just something to think about...
    Last edited by Grover; 02.23.07 at 01:19 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

09.26.12 @ 04:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wait... Ed didn't really invent the cure for cancer?

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

When has Ed been "on top of his game" since 1998?
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 01:38 PM
    Liked 39 Times in 15 Posts

Interesting...definitely worth pondering
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister!"
    -DLR
    http://twitter.com/#!/slappy33

Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.30.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Excellent points, grover.

I'm starting to think Eddie is NOT the problem here. He's an easy target for sure, but I doubt it has anything to do with needing to do rehab, etc.

Think about it. Some sources like melodicrock and vhnd have stated that the postponement has nothing to do with band members not getting along. Yet, we are supposed to believe that Ed is the problem?? Wouldn't that give a reason for band member tension??

Check out the Army from a source close to Roy Munson, who posts at the Army and diamondavidleeroth.com

He says that the real reason is because of an "OUTSIDE" force causing the tour postponement, while it remains, as Andrew stated, an "internal issue".

One name: VALERIE.
    EUAS

www.rotharmy.com

*VV*
    ole No.1
    The finest.

"The Showstoppa!!"

Last Online

07.27.11 @ 07:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Velvet View Post
    I'm sure she saw this coming way before we did, I would think she would have intervened way before now, but still, a good point

Like I said in a post before, Live Nation is selling off some outdoor venues for re-development, the land is more valuable for other things...it's happened in Nashville, doubt it has anything to do with this though...

Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Blount5150 View Post
    I'm sure she saw this coming way before we did, I would think she would have intervened way before now, but still, a good point

True. However, she probably thought it was just a lot of harmful jamming that Wolfie would do with his Dad and Uncle.

I'm sure she never thought Wolf would join the band! Especially the band with Dave back as singer.
    EUAS

www.rotharmy.com

*VV*
    ole No.1
    The finest.

"The Showstoppa!!"

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

True. However, she probably thought it was just a lot of harmful jamming that Wolfie would do with his Dad and Uncle.

I'm sure she never thought Wolf would join the band! Especially the band with Dave back as singer.
    She must have been ok with him joining the band and touring, things had moved too far ahead for that not to be the case. I agree with the original post, in the sense that it read like Dave has agreed to do this now (and without Mike) because there's a good chance Eddie won't be able to do it again.

It's not impossible that Val is one of the people saying Ed's not in shape now and refusing to let Wolfgang do it, but that doesn't mean she's been opposed to the whole thing in principle.
    Delusions of eloquence

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

09.22.10 @ 01:03 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Looks like Mike and Sam were dead on about Ed's mental state.

Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    She must have been ok with him joining the band and touring, things had moved too far ahead for that not to be the case. I agree with the original post, in the sense that it read like Dave has agreed to do this now (and without Mike) because there's a good chance Eddie won't be able to do it again.

It's not impossible that Val is one of the people saying Ed's not in shape now and refusing to let Wolfgang do it, but that doesn't mean she's been opposed to the whole thing in principle.

I'm not talking about Ed not being able to do it.

Seems like he was. Tour dates, according to a latest Billboard article, were to be announced on February 20th. Yet, all of a sudden, Live Nation pulls the plug on the whole tour, what, a day before the 20th???

Something went down that made them make that decision and I highly doubt now it had something to do with Eddie. I mean what, did he show up drunk in a meeting with Live Nation execs??

I don't buy it.

What does make sense is an OUTSIDE force causing this thing to not get off the ground. Wolf isn't 16 yet and I don't know what kind of arrangement Val and Eddie agreed to after they divorced -- but don't you think it may have something to do with him NOT being able to do a 40 date tour with his dad??

Possible.
    EUAS

www.rotharmy.com

*VV*
    ole No.1
    The finest.

"The Showstoppa!!"

Favorite VH Album

I, II, 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Jump/D.O.A./Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 09:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

all indications have pointed to ed falling back into heavy drinking... valerie is not yoko ono, folks... and it was to be a summer tour, which would not interfere with teen wolf's schooling, etc.... besides, she was along for the ride on the '04 tour to watch out after him, so you could assume that she would be out there again this year to chaperone...

i could almost agree about it being a health issue other than drinking, but there have been at least a couple of reliable posters with an "in" that already refuted that almost immediately...

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Don't Tell Me
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 108 Times in 65 Posts

Check out the Army from a source close to Roy Munson, who posts at the Army and diamondavidleeroth.com

He says that the real reason is because of an "OUTSIDE" force causing the tour postponement, while it remains, as Andrew stated, an "internal issue".

How about the outside force being Live Nation pulling the plug because the guitar player is all fucked up? From what we've heard, it seems that's the problem. Fucked up how, I don't know. Addiction is a good guess, judging by his recent behavior.
    SOME VH LINKS CLASSICS

"Sammy is fat, Dave is bald, Mike is next in line to be the Pope, Eddie is a drunk, Wolfie is fat, Gary is gay, CVH is VH, Mike is VH, Sammy can outsing Dave on a tequilla hangover, Eddie is a meth head, How Many Say I is the worst VH song ever, Up for Breakfast is a close second, Dave was horrible at radio and everybody hates the assless chaps.
    Ok I think that covers everything." Ziggysmalls

"I sense that some of our newer passengers may be nervous due to the sudden turbulence. Please be seated, this is simply a normal part of the periodic ride.
    I didn't say we'll get to the destination, but until Alex comes out a says what a complete waste of carbon DLR is, we're still climbing, so strap yourselves in.
    Those of you who have been on this ride before, the hottie in the mini will be around shortly with your drinks......." Red

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

11.01.11 @ 05:03 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by belikemike View Post
    How about the outside force being Live Nation pulling the plug because the guitar player is all fucked up?
    That wouldn't answer the not showing up at the R&R HoF though.

I gotta say, Grover's post really is a hard one to blow off. It's not something any of us want to see but it could be true.

Last Online

07.10.09 @ 09:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Maybe cancer and chemeo treatment.

Also, which threads contain responses of those that are "insiders"?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

When did Andrew say it wasn't about band members not getting along? I thought it was more like it's not who we would normally think of....and he also said it wasn't anything external.....

I think at this point it all depends on whose info you wanna trust, because if you compare their info, it's all over the place......