Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

05.18.07 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Default The only thing that matters!!

It doesn't matter if they tour. It doesn't matter if they never tour. It doesn't matter if Wolfie is in the band, or Dave or Mike or Sam or Gary or whoever. It doesn't matter that Mamma VH recently passed away (rip) or that Valerie and Ed have split up. The only thing that really matters is that Eddie Van Halen gets.....SOBER. Not for us. Not for Wolf, or Val, or Alex or to go on tour again....to save his life, and his apparent lost soul.

Alcoholism is a terrible disease, it can't be treated in a week or two. I would like to see the guy get sober for a year at least b4 he even thought about making music or going on tour. Maybe connect on a real level with with his original guitar hero....Clapton, another addict, c'mon they have more in common than they may think, I think Eric could be a father figure of sorts to Ed, especially with the addiction thing.

The bottom line is, there is nothing more important than Eddie Van Halen getting sober, truly sober, and living a long, happy, healthy life.

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 05:31 PM
    Liked 1,595 Times in 981 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by againstthewind View Post
    It doesn't matter if they tour. It doesn't matter if they never tour. It doesn't matter if Wolfie is in the band, or Dave or Mike or Sam or Gary or whoever. It doesn't matter that Mamma VH recently passed away (rip) or that Valerie and Ed have split up. The only thing that really matters is that Eddie Van Halen gets.....SOBER. Not for us. Not for Wolf, or Val, or Alex or to go on tour again....to save his life, and his apparent lost soul.

Alcoholism is a terrible disease, it can't be treated in a week or two. I would like to see the guy get sober for a year at least b4 he even thought about making music or going on tour.

Point.

It can't be treated simply by 90 day rehab stints either.

Fuck the tour.

Be well, Ed. Our thoughts are with you.

Last Online

01.01.08 @ 10:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

And this needed it's own thread because . . . . . . ?

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by wingnut View Post
    And this needed it's own thread because . . . . . . ?
    Because it's the only thing that matters, truly. All the rest of the speculation around this band would not be here if Ed was truly centered and sober. If you don't get that, then maybe the question should be why don't you?

Last Online

10.19.15 @ 11:50 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts

WTF if you don't know Ed then don't guess you know whats going on with him! Just because hes does not look the same way he did when you were a kid, don't come up with what you think might be happening!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm so sick of bull shit threads!! I think people post shit just to watch some people go nuts!!

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by C5150 View Post
    WTF if you don't know Ed then don't guess you know whats going on with him! Just because hes does not look the same way he did when you were a kid, don't come up with what you think might be happening!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm so sick of bull shit threads!! I think people post shit just to watch some people go nuts!!
    I give, seriously I give the fuck up. There is another thread in main right now basically saying just what I said, but apparently it's just luck he doesn't have to deal with stupid mother fuckers such as yourself. IF you think Ed is sober or in the right state of mind, then you are seriously the STUPIDEST MOTHERFUCKER I have ever ran across in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you hear that?? If you think Eddie Van Halen is sober, or centered, or in a good state of mind, then your stupidity honestly has me questioning my faith not only in man, but God too. You are one absurd, stupid fucking moron.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Why is it that everytime the Van Heinekens FUCK SOMETHING UP, suddenly half a dozen "sympathy for Eddie" threads spring up?

Followed by two dozen "FUCK YOU FORD" threads because I have the gall to point out this fact, no doubt.....
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Why is it that everytime the Van Heinekens FUCK SOMETHING UP, suddenly half a dozen "sympathy for Eddie" threads spring up?

Followed by two dozen "FUCK YOU FORD" threads because I have the gall to point out this fact, no doubt.....
    It's not about sympathy. You know the guy is F'd up FORD, right? I just would like to hear what real music the guy has left in him, maybe someday down the road we could see that.....IF he EVER get truly sober. But it isn't about me, I would just love to see the man enjoying it!!

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 05:31 PM
    Liked 1,595 Times in 981 Posts

Donor

Hmm...I don't see one single Ford thread anywhere on this board.

Settle down, Regis.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

It's not about sympathy. You know the guy is F'd up FORD, right? I just would like to hear what real music the guy has left in him, maybe someday down the road we could see that.....IF he EVER get truly sober. But it isn't about me, I would just love to see the man enjoying it!!
    OK, then why didn't you post this thread back when the tour was first announced? We all know what a trainwreck Eddie was on the Velveetapalooza 2004 tour. WHEN this tour happens, and it WILL happen, I hope Eddie's playing at least VDIII tour levels again, if not 1982. As far as him enjoying it, his last public statement (a few weeks ago) indicated that he WAS.

If he's in rehab and that's the reason for the delay of the tour, then that's fine with me. Not that I'm a big believer in rehab in and of itself. It can be part of a process, but not THE process. The only addicts I know who have kicked drugs and/or alcohol long term have done so through some sort of spiritual path, whether that's Christianity, or Native American practices (sweatlodge, etc.), or meditation and yoga, or whatever. If the source of your pain is spiritual, no amount of self medication is going to solve it, only numb it temporarily.

Now how's that for "deep" ?
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

OK, then why didn't you post this thread back when the tour was first announced? We all know what a trainwreck Eddie was on the Velveetapalooza 2004 tour. WHEN this tour happens, and it WILL happen, I hope Eddie's playing at least VDIII tour levels again, if not 1982. As far as him enjoying it, his last public statement (a few weeks ago) indicated that he WAS.

If he's in rehab and that's the reason for the delay of the tour, then that's fine with me. Not that I'm a big believer in rehab in and of itself. It can be part of a process, but not THE process. The only addicts I know who have kicked drugs and/or alcohol long term have done so through some sort of spiritual path, whether that's Christianity, or Native American practices (sweatlodge, etc.), or meditation and yoga, or whatever. If the source of your pain is spiritual, no amount of self medication is going to solve it, only numb it temporarily.

Now how's that for "deep" ?
    It's not always just about facing demons or "pain" my man....it's about addiction. The guy is addicted to alcohol, and he needs to learn to live his life without it. Period. That is probably at this point going to take a year or two considering the point he is at, then, and only then will he find himself. And you know what, whether it's Christ that helps him get there, or anything else is just not important, it's just that he gets there.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

I would say I've been "worried" about Ed (as much as someone who doesn't know him can be, that is) since I heard the stories of his drunken NAMM '03 appearance. I thought his sober mentality from roughly '95 through '99--which was very positive and optimistic--was encouraging, even if he wasn't 100% sober. He was thinking progressively and in a way that one should when trying to tackle demons. Now we know Ed's been through some serious shit since then; if that has anything to do with him hitting the bottle again, we can't possibly know. But his alcoholism is projected in his actions and performances now; to deny it means you're fooling yourself. This is a guy who has brought so much happiness via his music to all of us visiting this board and millions of others, he truly deserves only our most sincere wishes for recovery. I'm like everyone else--frustrated as hell he can't make something happen with VH again. But if this '07 was-going-to-be tour was postponed for health reasons involving Ed, Al, Wolf, Dave, or anyone in their families, we're all gonna feel pretty stupid for sticking our respective foots in our respective mouths.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Don't Tell Me
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 01:14 AM
    Liked 108 Times in 65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post
    I'm like everyone else--frustrated as hell he can't make something happen with VH again. But if this '07 was-going-to-be tour was postponed for health reasons involving Ed, Al, Wolf, Dave, or anyone in their families, we're all gonna feel pretty stupid for sticking our respective foots in our respective mouths.

God. I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but I'm gonna.
    I'm so cynical regarding what these guys say these days, I probably won't believe anything they say about whatever has happened. They've sent out so much BS, if they come out and say it's a health issue, how could you take it at face value? If they say it's alcohol treatment related, that's a bit easier to swallow (public evidence).
    If there is a serious health issue, of course I would hope whoever has the issue gets it taken care of successfully.
    SOME VH LINKS CLASSICS

"Sammy is fat, Dave is bald, Mike is next in line to be the Pope, Eddie is a drunk, Wolfie is fat, Gary is gay, CVH is VH, Mike is VH, Sammy can outsing Dave on a tequilla hangover, Eddie is a meth head, How Many Say I is the worst VH song ever, Up for Breakfast is a close second, Dave was horrible at radio and everybody hates the assless chaps.
    Ok I think that covers everything." Ziggysmalls

"I sense that some of our newer passengers may be nervous due to the sudden turbulence. Please be seated, this is simply a normal part of the periodic ride.
    I didn't say we'll get to the destination, but until Alex comes out a says what a complete waste of carbon DLR is, we're still climbing, so strap yourselves in.
    Those of you who have been on this ride before, the hottie in the mini will be around shortly with your drinks......." Red

Last Online

10.19.15 @ 11:50 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts

I give, seriously I give the fuck up. There is another thread in main right now basically saying just what I said, but apparently it's just luck he doesn't have to deal with stupid mother fuckers such as yourself. IF you think Ed is sober or in the right state of mind, then you are seriously the STUPIDEST MOTHERFUCKER I have ever ran across in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you hear that?? If you think Eddie Van Halen is sober, or centered, or in a good state of mind, then your stupidity honestly has me questioning my faith not only in man, but God too. You are one absurd, stupid fucking moron.
    Thanks for all of the kind words! It sounds like you are a man of the cloth! All I am saying is the next time you see Ed tell him I said hi, and if you are close to him, enough to know what is going on with him! If not I'll tell him your thinking about him the next time I see him!!!!
    Thanks!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 11:02 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member

This ones headed to a pissing match as well, I'm gonna close it up.

Chill brohams. Be frosty.
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......