Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ed enthusiastic maybe ??

OK here is my take on this reunion thing, and mods if you don't wanna nother
    thread about this just close it it won't hurt my feelings.

I think the whole reason Ed is back with Dave is because of Wolfie, supposedly according to Ed (grain of salt inserted here) Wolf was digging all the old tunes So he (Ed) got the idea to have Wolf play bass and jam with Dave, so as bad as it sucks not having MA with the band it may just be possible that the only reason it's happening anyway is becuase of Wolfie in the first place ?
    just a thougt
    Rol.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Good thing your feelings won't get hurt.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Glad wolf digs the old tunes but man, I think Mr. Anthony would be diggin that shit a helluva lot more than punk ass wolfie. Anthony has earned the right to play them over the last 30 years. Wolfie wasn't even born until what? Balance!? I'd have to think Dave can recognize, respect and see that. I totally doubt wolfie playing bass had anything positive to do with the reunion or was any kind of factor at all. I really need to believe DLR would rather this be with Mike and Ed's just being a fuck.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by seenbad View Post
    I really need to believe DLR would rather this be with Mike and Ed's just being a fuck.
    Dave should've stood up to Ed like Sam did. I guess he just doesn't have the pull.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II or Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Cathedral, Humans Being
    Last Online

03.02.10 @ 03:28 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rolsguitars View Post

I think the whole reason Ed is back with Dave is because of Wolfie, supposedly according to Ed (grain of salt inserted here) Wolf was digging all the old tunes So he (Ed) got the idea to have Wolf play bass and jam with Dave, so as bad as it sucks not having MA with the band it may just be possible that the only reason it's happening anyway is becuase of Wolfie in the first place ?
    just a thougt
    Rol.
    I don't know. To me, this doesn't seem implausible. In some households, Dad buys the kid a car for his/her 16th birthday, in the Van Halen household, the kid gets the chance to tour with a monumental rock band.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by rolsguitars View Post

just a thougt
    Rol.
    The guitar is way more important than the bass in that band. I'm sure Dave has realized that Ed is far more likely to play well with someone he loves rather than someone he hates on the other side of the stage. With MS still in the band it would just be a cashgrab and EVH would inevitably play as badly as he did in 2004. Now he will be motivated to blow people away so that it's a positive experience for his son.....Dave knows that.
    Delusions of eloquence

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Too many to decide
    Last Online

10.08.15 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheresOnlyOneWay View Post
    Dave should've stood up to Ed like Sam did. I guess he just doesn't have the pull.
    Dave and Mike never got along back in the day. Dave knows the reunion is about the singer and the guitarist. You can back fill the drums and bass, and the tour will still sellout every night.

Who is the bassist for the rolling stones? who is that old dude druming for the rolling stones....People only care about mick and keith...ditto for classic van halen
    Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it. DLR

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:09 AM
    Liked 1,883 Times in 1,100 Posts

yeah, I'm sure Ed's real fired up...just like he was on the BOBW premier when he sang "it's like a whole new begining"..problem is in about a month or so after the tour starts he'll either be hammered and get pissed at DAve for no reason or he'll get pissed at Dave for something and get hammered and about a month after the tour starts we'll get an interview from Ed about how shitty it really was...or an interview from Dave saying the same thing.

It's always the same thing with Ed, he loves it..then a few weeks later, he hates it.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

Donor

This thought could be a thread in and of itself, but I think this whole stink bomb of no mike/add wolfie is completely centered around Ed trying to force feed some sort of legacy aspiration he has for his kid. In principle, it's admirable I guess, but in reality it's just an overdriven ego with too much pull for his own good, forcing an unnatural and unethical fit in to this thing prematurely. He's forcing Wolfgang Van Halen on to the music scene on his coat tails at the expense of Mike Anthony and that's FUCKED. The kid has the Van Halen name. I'd say if he can't make it with THAT head start in the world, then he obviously isn't supposed to be a musician. Point is though, that he should have to go out and earn his own salt, not let Daddy steal somebody elses.

Fucking Ed. Dickhead.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 07:02 PM
    Liked 6,673 Times in 3,698 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bad to the Bone View Post

It's always the same thing with Ed, he loves it..then a few weeks later, he hates it.
    actually that's not the case at all. It was in 2004, there are no other examples of this. Please fill free to let me know of all the other times he got sick of working with someone after a few weeks.

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 11:35 PM
    Liked 1,599 Times in 982 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by seenbad View Post
    This thought could be a thread in and of itself, but I think this whole stink bomb of no mike/add wolfie is completely centered around Ed trying to force feed some sort of legacy aspiration he has for his kid. In principle, it's admirable I guess, but in reality it's just an overdriven ego with too much pull for his own good, forcing an unnatural and unethical fit in to this thing prematurely. He's forcing Wolfgang Van Halen on to the music scene on his coat tails at the expense of Mike Anthony and that's FUCKED. The kid has the Van Halen name. I'd say if he can't make it with THAT head start in the world, then he obviously isn't supposed to be a musician. Point is though, that he should have to go out and earn his own salt, not let Daddy steal somebody elses.

Fucking Ed. Dickhead.
    Bingo.

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by DoHalen5150 View Post
    ...People only care about mick and keith...ditto for classic van halen
    No, they care. And you'll care too when you hear the mess. Or when the CD skips.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by TheresOnlyOneWay View Post
    Sam wasn't trying to convince Ed not to include his son in the band.

That's a different kind of problem then just getting Ed to agree to work with Mike again.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by DoHalen5150 View Post

Who is the bassist for the rolling stones? who is that old dude druming for the rolling stones....People only care about mick and keith...ditto for classic van halen
    I strongly disagree with that statement when it comes to Van Halen. These guys packaged themselves very well as a unit/team. Probably better marketing job than anybody in the business in that respect. People DO know who Mike is whether by name or by the Jack Daniels bass, or the whacky solo's or flying around in the panama video. That's just the average fan. The hardcores and people in the music scene know what element he brought in vocals, that is irreplaceable.
    Last edited by seenbad; 02.19.07 at 11:46 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

02.17.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mike should be there just like Ricky Martin should of been on the Univision show I saw this weekend for the much anticipated Menudo reunion. I know Menudo has had over 30 members but without Martin it isn't the same.