Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Top Of The World
    Last Online

08.01.13 @ 08:53 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default How Many Fans Are Left?

After Dave left in 1985, how many CVH fans left VH for good?

After Sammy was dumped how many Van Hagar fans left VH for good?

After Dave was back in and then dumped after the MTV awards how many of the CVH fans who did not leave VH after 1985 finally had enough?

After VH hired Gary and released VH3, how many CVH and Van Hagar fans left VH for good?

Ok when Gary was out, I guess they only lost the Extreme fans they gained.

After the drunk tour with Sammy and only 3 new songs and now the second time Sammy is replaced, how many more Van Hagar fans are out?

After Mike is dumped for a teen, how many fans that have hung on have finally had enough?

The point is: Has any band pissed of soo many segments of its fan base? And in the year 2007 are there enough fans left to fill 15k seat arenas without post 1984 music and no MA?

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Don't Tell Me
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 01:14 AM
    Liked 108 Times in 65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonny629 View Post

After Dave was back in and then dumped after the MTV awards how many of the CVH fans who did not leave VH after 1985 finally had enough?

After VH hired Gary and released VH3, how many CVH and Van Hagar fans left VH for good?

After the drunk tour with Sammy and only 3 new songs and now the second time Sammy is replaced, how many more Van Hagar fans are out?

After Mike is dumped for a teen, how many fans that have hung on have finally had enough?

The point is: Has any band pissed of soo many segments of its fan base? And in the year 2007 are there enough fans left to fill 15k seat arenas without post 1984 music and no MA?
    If well promoted, I would think so.
    SOME VH LINKS CLASSICS

"Sammy is fat, Dave is bald, Mike is next in line to be the Pope, Eddie is a drunk, Wolfie is fat, Gary is gay, CVH is VH, Mike is VH, Sammy can outsing Dave on a tequilla hangover, Eddie is a meth head, How Many Say I is the worst VH song ever, Up for Breakfast is a close second, Dave was horrible at radio and everybody hates the assless chaps.
    Ok I think that covers everything." Ziggysmalls

"I sense that some of our newer passengers may be nervous due to the sudden turbulence. Please be seated, this is simply a normal part of the periodic ride.
    I didn't say we'll get to the destination, but until Alex comes out a says what a complete waste of carbon DLR is, we're still climbing, so strap yourselves in.
    Those of you who have been on this ride before, the hottie in the mini will be around shortly with your drinks......." Red

Eruption
    Last Online

10.26.17 @ 05:29 PM
    Liked 172 Times in 106 Posts

I started to say you were crazy, but you might be partially right. I doubt the casual fans really give a crap about Mikey. They would go to see two people: Eddie and Dave. However, you've got me thinking...how many of the casual fans still care about Van Halen? A lot of people that were once hardcore Van Halen fans are now middle-aged and have families. Maybe those people will take their kids and show them what rock used to be...or maybe they'll stay home and watch American Idol. I don't know.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I'll Wait
    Last Online

05.23.07 @ 05:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I honestly Think That This Tour Will Still Sell Well to the public just off of the VAN HALEN name.. all the diehards are in love with Micheal Anthony ... but the general public will still come to see Eddie and Dave more often than not....I mentioned to a guy i work with ,,,hey did you hear Van Halen is back with Dave..... and He says he wont believe it till he sees it and this guy is 40... IM 25..... there is a huge age group spread out thier that still love or at least would like to see this Concert With or without the New Teenage Bass Player... And remeber the general public does not even know that thier back together yet.. have you guys seen anything on TV or on the Radio... here we only have hip hop stations and oldies and the hardcore radio stations that play all the new age shit... sorry but this Announcement is still sleeping im afraid.. they need to really generate some PR.. before they go out this summer.. maybe it will start with the RRHOF... who knows...

Eruption
    Last Online

I did see it mentioned on the front page of Yahoo that Dave was back with Van Halen. That's the only place I've seen it (other than the band's website). I'm sure VH1 and a few others have picked up on it.

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 02:58 PM
    Liked 6,815 Times in 3,564 Posts

Premium Member

I hope that if I go, the fans will be the best reason for being there.

How many shows have you gone to, where you're having so much fun with the people in the audience, you forget there is a band on stage.

Sure! the band is why you're there, but the crowd takes it to a whole different level.

Does that make sense?

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

And in the year 2007 are there enough fans left to fill 15k seat arenas without post 1984 music and no MA?
    Yes. 99% of potential VH concert goers couldn't care less about any of the stuff you posted.
    Delusions of eloquence

Favorite VH Album

I, II, 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Jump/D.O.A./Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 09:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hardcore vh fans may be dropping off as fast as people do off of the battlestar galactica, but dlr and ed will still sell seats... but with next to no p.r., they will not sell out...

Eruption
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    I hope that if I go, the fans will be the best reason for being there.

How many shows have you gone to, where you're having so much fun with the people in the audience, you forget there is a band on stage.

Sure! the band is why you're there, but the crowd takes it to a whole different level.

Does that make sense?
    Yes, I totally agree. I remember the Sam/Dave show in Cincinnati. When Dave came on, the crowd was unbelievable. There were times when you could hardly hear Dave because the crowd was singing along so loud! That was probably the best concert I ever attended...either that or the Black Crowes last year.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 195 Times in 117 Posts

I'm surprised classic rock radio jocks aren't pulling the piss out of band for dumping Mike & replacing him with Wolf.

One of the greatest American rock bands bringing their original vocalist back, only to dump their long serving bassist & replace him with a kid???

It's so sad, that it's funny...
    “And what we have at our fingertips is arguably one of the greatest high tenor voices ever – that was in Michael Anthony. In our tiny little corner of the universe, that voice is as identifiable as the high voice in Earth, Wind & Fire, as identifiable as the high voice in the Beach Boys. Van Halen is an indelicate house blend of both – that’s intentionally. So I would always look forward to that reunion.” - David Lee Roth

Top Of The World
    Last Online

08.01.13 @ 08:53 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yes. 99% of potential VH concert goers couldn't care less about any of the stuff you posted.

I would say by most of the threads on this board you are very wrong. I went to the opening show in NC last tour, spent hundreds of dollars. I will probably go if there is a show close to Fort Lauderdale. If the last tour had CVH with Mike I would have been even more jacked. Just not feelin it, maybe I am getting old LOL.

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 02:14 PM
    Liked 780 Times in 375 Posts

Premium Member

I grew up on CVH since I was in the 3rd grade. From the day my big sister brought home the newly released VHII on 8-track I've been a CVH fan.

I still love those old days and all the memories associated with those great old CVH records. Was a big part of my growing up.

I was so psyched when they brought Dave back in 96. THEY'VE FINALLY RETURNED! The day I've waited for for sooo long! NOPE. JOKE'S ON YOU WRUFF. ... They fucked us all real good on that one. Fucked Dave too. Big time.
    I've disliked the VH bros ever since. My favorite musician of all time plays that sick joke on me. Him and his stupid brother. I saw them for who they really were on that day. So dissapointing.

That was it for me. Ever since I guess it's just been more of a morbid curiosity for me.

Now they finally give Dave the call, but they fire Mike. Oh give me a fkn break. Get lost Ed and Al. Ed's such a puss. So's his bro.

I'll catch a clip of the VH bros latest circus on youtube and that will be plenty enough to satisfy my morbid curiosity.

It also bugs me that Dave signed on to perform in this circus. He should have told them to shove it when they told Mike to shove it. Dave's grabbin' cash and that's his right, but I'm not buying it.

I'll still listen to CVH for what it WAS. It was what it was, and it was cool. The best.
    They can never take that away from me.
    We're all grown up now. I haven't supported VH for a long time, and I'm not going to start again now. It's a stupid parody of something that used to be great.

Wruff out
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Blood & Fire
    Last Online

03.13.13 @ 09:54 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the answer is yes my friend. yes indeed.
    If eddie were down and out on a sidewalk playing guitar I'd be next to him with a bottle and a blanky braving the cold. I would be sucking my thumb happily making chupa chupa noises in sync with the petroglyphic sounds that came from the mighty finger tips of Edward Van Halen.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.02.07 @ 01:21 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There are still enough Yahoo's and Carny folk out there to support it.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Well to answer the original question, one must quote the late great Rodney Dangerfield: "Five?"

RIP Rappin Rodney.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One