Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Little Dreamer
    Last Online

10.06.07 @ 03:30 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Open Letter to Brett and Others:

Brett, First, thanks for this place. I and a lot of other people really appreciate having a VH forum to express our views on the band.

But c'mon, man, this shit is ludicris. How can you not put aside your petty differences with Eddie for one fucking night?

ONE FUCKING NIGHT. Don't you like the Dave years? Isn't the material classic?

Does it really bother you so much that it won't sound like the record? Jesus H. Christ, who, except for the Eagles, really sounds just like the record in concert anyway?

This is about a feeling, man, ...one big, last hurrah of a party. It's about seeing the King of 6 strings play all of these tunes one last time.

Christ, the man nearly died recently!!!! He had his hip replaced. The love of his life and the mother of his child left him. He has battled addiction for lord knows how long.

Can't you cut him some slack? Can't you just have a good time for ONE FUCKING NIGHT? That's all. All you have to do is smile, laugh at some Dave-isms, sing along with Happy Trails, admire Ed as he tears into I'm the One and On Fire, and maybe even be impressed with the next generation of VH on bass.

It's a party, people, plain and simple. Please focus on the positives and not the negativity!!!!

This is EDDIE, ALEX, AND DAVE saying thank you for all the years of love and support. The least you can do is see them off into the sunset. You might just have a good time.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 01:49 AM
    Liked 11,579 Times in 4,935 Posts

Guys it has nothing to do with what it may sound like, it's not VAN HALEN and there is no good reason why it shouldn't be!

Enjoy the show, I hope you do! And that's as sincere as I can be.

But my mind cannot be changed by how I feel right now. I've cut Ed slack for years, and been an Ed apologist, but that's over for me.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OK, it's not Van Halen, but it wasn't Van Halen with Sammy, either was it? Or with Gary? Did you go to those shows, Brett?

Favorite VH Album

Bark Like A Dog
    Favorite VH Song

Act Like It Hurts
    Last Online

06.26.17 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 643 Times in 328 Posts

I think just about everybody here is MORE that THANKFUL that Ed is still with us.

It is, in part, what makes this whole situation so frustrating to some of us who love the band and love the music.

My question to you is: Why can't the brothers put whatever animosity towards Mike aside for 40 dates....40 DATES of seperate limos, planes, trains, buses and locker rooms.

It's a fair question, as is yours.
    "Never is just reven spelled backwards." -House

"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" -THE Rob Gordon

Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.10 @ 10:56 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is a forum for all who are granted entrance. Good, bad, pretty, ugly, whatever. There are a lot of mixed emotions about this reunion and people are allowed to speak their mind about something that they are passionate about. There are a lot of people here that are really stoked about this reunion, I however am not. I saw them with Dave and it was the "dog and pony" show. I prefer them with Sammy and Mikey. Sorry, sue me. If you don't like what you read, then express that, or just don't read it, but don't tell people how to feel about something.

Last Online

03.08.12 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Brett has his right to his opinion just as everyone else does. There shouldn't be a party line he has to follow just because he runs this place.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep in Wolf's Clothing View Post
    OK, it's not Van Halen, but it wasn't Van Halen with Sammy, either was it? Or with Gary? Did you go to those shows, Brett?
    Doesn't matter, I'm done with it. Get Mike back, I'm there.

Call me a hypocrite if you want, I'm fine with that.
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Balance, WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, Romeo Delight,
    Last Online

02.05.15 @ 12:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I agree with Brick here and, no, I'm not trying to curry his favor.

If people want to go out and see this version of Van Halen that's just jim freaking dandy by me. I'm just not wanting to be a part of it, it's just that simple.

Ed and his little crew don't owe me anything as a fan. I have GREAT memories of both the Dave and Sammy era's and I'm good with that. But, as a fan, I just don't want any more of what I consider to be erratic and disingenuous behavior.

So, go to this version of Van Halen and have a blast - just don't expect to see me there.
    "There is a fine line between stupid and clever" - Nigel Tufnel

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street, Little Guitars
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

Brett, First, thanks for this place. I and a lot of other people really appreciate having a VH forum to express our views on the band.

But c'mon, man, this shit is ludicris. How can you not put aside your petty differences with Eddie for one fucking night?

ONE FUCKING NIGHT. Don't you like the Dave years? Isn't the material classic?

Does it really bother you so much that it won't sound like the record? Jesus H. Christ, who, except for the Eagles, really sounds just like the record in concert anyway?

This is about a feeling, man, ...one big, last hurrah of a party. It's about seeing the King of 6 strings play all of these tunes one last time.

Christ, the man nearly died recently!!!! He had his hip replaced. The love of his life and the mother of his child left him. He has battled addiction for lord knows how long.

Can't you cut him some slack? Can't you just have a good time for ONE FUCKING NIGHT? That's all. All you have to do is smile, laugh at some Dave-isms, sing along with Happy Trails, admire Ed as he tears into I'm the One and On Fire, and maybe even be impressed with the next generation of VH on bass.

It's a party, people, plain and simple. Please focus on the positives and not the negativity!!!!

This is EDDIE, ALEX, AND DAVE saying thank you for all the years of love and support. The least you can do is see them off into the sunset. You might just have a good time.
    Why are you so concerned whether someone else wants to go to the show or not? If you want to go, great, if not, take a pass.
    Don't drink the Jim Jones punch. They're called theToxic Twins for a reason...

Favorite VH Album

Balance, WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

And, if this were a description of my life I would be working on my family life and health and not worrying so much about the inner workings of a rock band.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

I have no idea why people are so concerned what I do, they never have been before. No one asked me in 2004 if I was going, nor did they care.

Like I've said, the site will be here for the tour, it will be updated with new stuff, we'll have everything we did for the '04 tour, reviews, pictures, ticket stuff, set lists, etc. So that's as positive as I am going to be, but I think it's plenty. Hopefully this time I've taken the necessary precautions to make sure we don't get hacked away.
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Balance, WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

deleted
    Last edited by wip5150; 02.05.07 at 04:34 PM. Reason: double post

Favorite VH Album

Balance, WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

And, if this were a description of my life I would be working on my family life and health and not worrying so much about the inner workings of a rock band. But, hey, enough of my yakkin'. Whaddya say, let's boogie!

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

10.06.12 @ 06:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wip5150 View Post
    just don't expect to see me there.
    Awesome!
    Originally Posted by vanzefflin
    This configuration cancels noise or cyclical hum. Hence, the name humbucker. It bucks hum.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I care so much because I think you deserve to be there, Brett. I think you are everyone else here who isn't going deserves to be there.

You are obviously all big fans of this band.

Now can't you find something good about these shows? WHAT IF THEY ARE FUCKING AMAZING?

And to answer the question of why Eddie can't put aside his differences with Mike for 40 dates? Yes, it's a damn shame. Who knows what's gone on behind the scenes with those two. But if THIS was the only way the reunion was going to happen, I take this way.

Please go. You don't have to pay top dollar. You deserve to see this. Even if you only like a few songs.

Don't you want to see the Dave-sickle? Ass-less chaps? The flaming drum solo with the gong? Hear Eruption and 316? How about Secrets? Or So This is Love? What's so awful about hearing Top Jimmy live?

Go to show. Have a beer or two or three. Then, after the show, if you missed Mikey so much come home and tell the world- it just wasn't the same without Mike. It really put a damper on the show...etc, etc...

But at least you must give it a chance....