Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Little Dreamer
    Last Online

02.05.07 @ 08:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Photo Plate - Eddie 1978 Spokane Concert Unique

I have a very unique item available on ebay until Tuesday 2/5/07. It is absolutely unique, one of a kind. This is the story that goes with it:

In the late 1970's, on the north side of Spokane, there was a nerd whose friends were all aspiring musicians (rock guitarists). This Nerd developed a passion for photography and began taking pictures of his friends, and learned to process them in a homemade dark room. The group of friends had many musical heroes: Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Aerosmith among others. Their latest hero was an up-and-coming new band by the name of Van Halen.

A Black Sabbath concert had been scheduled in Spokane, with Van Halen as the opening act, so the friends asked the Nerd to come take pictures and they would buy his ticket. He could not turn down such an opportunity. You see, this was just before the ban on cameras and recording equipment at gigs. They all showed up early for the concert and sat in front of the doors until they opened, and were able to get a spot on the front wall five feet from the stage. Van Halen opened, and standing five feet from the stage they were nearly able to touch the Eddie and David Lee Roth. Before he knew it, he had used up his entire roll of film, leaving nothing with which to shoot Black Sabbath.

The next day his friends were anxious to see the pictures he took. The Nerd processed the film and printed a proof sheet. Most of it was very disappointing, having never worked with stage lighting before many of the shots were either over or under-exposed to the point that he could not get a decent print from them. However there were some bright spots on that proof sheet, and the Nerd printed some enlargements that proved very valuable to young Van Halen fans. That school year, he took the negatives to school and a couple of his prints were hung on the wall of the photography class room. They remained there just a few days before someone decided they were worth stealing. The negatives also were damaged beyond use when someone tried to release them from their secure home in a locked drawer in the darkroom. Two of his friends took their pictures to the next Van Halen concert and later at the Sheraton Hotel, had them sent up to the band to be autographed. The pictures were signed and returned and with a message from Valerie Bertinelli. " I want copies of those pictures." Unfortunately no additional prints were able to be produced. A few original prints were put away, safe and secure in the Nerd's photo portfolio for the next ten years, and he even had one mounted on a China plate. For the past 17 years the plate has remained stored in its box with an occasional peak for close friends and a story to go with it.

I am that Nerd.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-17...3D260082017081

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VH1,FW,1984,5150,FUCK,ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

changes every week,love em all
    Last Online

12.15.16 @ 02:14 AM
    Liked 18 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mark2galley View Post
    I have a very unique item available on ebay until Tuesday 2/5/07. It is absolutely unique, one of a kind. This is the story that goes with it:

In the late 1970's, on the north side of Spokane, there was a nerd whose friends were all aspiring musicians (rock guitarists). This Nerd developed a passion for photography and began taking pictures of his friends, and learned to process them in a homemade dark room. The group of friends had many musical heroes: Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Aerosmith among others. Their latest hero was an up-and-coming new band by the name of Van Halen.

A Black Sabbath concert had been scheduled in Spokane, with Van Halen as the opening act, so the friends asked the Nerd to come take pictures and they would buy his ticket. He could not turn down such an opportunity. You see, this was just before the ban on cameras and recording equipment at gigs. They all showed up early for the concert and sat in front of the doors until they opened, and were able to get a spot on the front wall five feet from the stage. Van Halen opened, and standing five feet from the stage they were nearly able to touch the Eddie and David Lee Roth. Before he knew it, he had used up his entire roll of film, leaving nothing with which to shoot Black Sabbath.

The next day his friends were anxious to see the pictures he took. The Nerd processed the film and printed a proof sheet. Most of it was very disappointing, having never worked with stage lighting before many of the shots were either over or under-exposed to the point that he could not get a decent print from them. However there were some bright spots on that proof sheet, and the Nerd printed some enlargements that proved very valuable to young Van Halen fans. That school year, he took the negatives to school and a couple of his prints were hung on the wall of the photography class room. They remained there just a few days before someone decided they were worth stealing. The negatives also were damaged beyond use when someone tried to release them from their secure home in a locked drawer in the darkroom. Two of his friends took their pictures to the next Van Halen concert and later at the Sheraton Hotel, had them sent up to the band to be autographed. The pictures were signed and returned and with a message from Valerie Bertinelli. " I want copies of those pictures." Unfortunately no additional prints were able to be produced. A few original prints were put away, safe and secure in the Nerd's photo portfolio for the next ten years, and he even had one mounted on a China plate. For the past 17 years the plate has remained stored in its box with an occasional peak for close friends and a story to go with it.

I am that Nerd.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-17...3D260082017081
    I don't want to be an ass here, but you claim that all of this went down in 1978.
    I am sorry to say, but Ed didn't meet Val until 1981.
    Something doesn't add up......

Favorite VH Album

SAMMY!
    Last Online

02.28.08 @ 07:27 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Default Re

"The pictures were signed and returned and with a message from Valerie Bertinelli."

Sure you have the date right? Val met Ed during the WACF Tour.

Favorite VH Album

Bark Like A Dog
    Favorite VH Song

Act Like It Hurts
    Last Online

06.26.17 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 643 Times in 328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guitar5150 View Post
    "The pictures were signed and returned and with a message from Valerie Bertinelli."

Sure you have the date right? Val met Ed during the WACF Tour.

Exactly.

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"
    "Never is just reven spelled backwards." -House

"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" -THE Rob Gordon

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Too many to decide
    Last Online

10.08.15 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Pal,
    If you want to peddle some merchandise to VH fans, give us something worth buying. A frigin plate with a boring shot of ED?

Show me a nice black and white 8x10 of Ed back in the day, not this hacked up photo inside a damn plate.

U might want to switch your photo's out and go spam the ELVISfans.com. Seems as thought Elvis fans are more of the photo on a plate type of people.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ELVIS-PRESLEY-PL...QQcmdZViewItem
    Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it. DLR