Register
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 and 1/3

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

01.21.07 @ 07:33 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default 6 and 1/3

I just want everyone to know that Mr. Van Halen has had 6 of his teeth pulled and 1/3 of his tongue removed. I am quite sure he has swallowed some very caustic chemicals in his fight with cancer.

His speech has changed because of all of that. He will never be what he was so please accept the man the way he is. This is not 1978. I respect the man, please show some of that when posting. The disrespect toward some one, or any one, who has been through so much is not healthy. It is cruel. I have been reading these posts for a long time and I felt I needed to say something.

He has suffered many losses and I am sure if we all sit back and think of the people that we've lost--most of us--would probably like to have just 5 more minutes with those people to let them know how much we care.

I lost my father to cancer, I am a cancer survivor, I will never be what I was NEVER, but I am thankful for everyday that I am given and every person I come across that is respectful and cares.

We have a very talented man that will go down in history as a great, great musician. He is with us now so let's enjoy his talent and let Mr. Van Halen be----Mr. Van Halen.

Mr. Van Halen is very shy and very uncomfortable in public situations, Al and Dave used to do most of the interviews in the early days of VH. I can't recall Mr. Van Halen speaking very often, in fact prior to the change of lead singers I don't think I ever heard Mr. Van Halen speak. I know how uncomfortable I am in those situations (I usually puke) so I want to thank Mr. Van Halen for standing in front of us and speaking from his heart. I know it isn't easy.

Put a guitar in his hands and it sets a completely different tone, he is so comfortable.

So cheers to family, good health, and to making yourself happy.

Thank You Mr. Van Halen.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 09:22 AM
    Liked 280 Times in 134 Posts

Ummmmmm....
    Sings like a bird. Rocks like a pig.

Favorite VH Album

ALL OF THEM
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.22.09 @ 06:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ERROR View Post
    I just want everyone to know that Mr. Van Halen has had 6 of his teeth pulled and 1/3 of his tongue removed. I am quite sure he has swallowed some very caustic chemicals in his fight with cancer.

His speech has changed because of all of that. He will never be what he was so please accept the man the way he is. This is not 1978. I respect the man, please show some of that when posting. The disrespect toward some one, or any one, who has been through so much is not healthy. It is cruel. I have been reading these posts for a long time and I felt I needed to say something.

He has suffered many losses and I am sure if we all sit back and think of the people that we've lost--most of us--would probably like to have just 5 more minutes with those people to let them know how much we care.

I lost my father to cancer, I am a cancer survivor, I will never be what I was NEVER, but I am thankful for everyday that I am given and every person I come across that is respectful and cares.

We have a very talented man that will go down in history as a great, great musician. He is with us now so let's enjoy his talent and let Mr. Van Halen be----Mr. Van Halen.

Mr. Van Halen is very shy and very uncomfortable in public situations, Al and Dave used to do most of the interviews in the early days of VH. I can't recall Mr. Van Halen speaking very often, in fact prior to the change of lead singers I don't think I ever heard Mr. Van Halen speak. I know how uncomfortable I am in those situations (I usually puke) so I want to thank Mr. Van Halen for standing in front of us and speaking from his heart. I know it isn't easy.

Put a guitar in his hands and it sets a completely different tone, he is so comfortable.

So cheers to family, good health, and to making yourself happy.

Thank You Mr. Van Halen.

Great post.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

01.15.14 @ 05:39 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Can I write a MORE long winded ass kissing open letter if I claim it's 7 teeth and 1/4 of the tongue?

Let me know.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Oh sorry. Sorry.

"great post"

Favorite VH Album

VHII, WACF, 5150
    Last Online

03.31.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by badkaraoke View Post
    Can I write a MORE long winded ass kissing open letter if I claim it's 7 teeth and 1/4 of the tongue?

Let me know.
    Sure if you want to make it more teeth and less tongue. If you're going to be a smartass, at least know your fractions first.
    "Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce the king of 10 fingers and six strings... Mr. Edward Van Halen!"

Favorite VH Album

Yeah boooooooy
    Favorite VH Song

Yeah boooooooy
    Last Online

04.23.14 @ 08:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just want everyone to know that Mr. Van Halen has had 6 of his teeth pulled and 1/3 of his tongue removed.
    And you know this from.....

I don't care how many teeth you pull, he's still insane.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by vh resurrection View Post
    Sure if you want to make it more teeth and less tongue. If you're going to be a smartass, at least know your fractions first.
    I sure do want to make it more teeth and less tongue! That's my thing. Don't diss me.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

06.12.08 @ 12:48 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Great post, Error! Many people think VH is their own band and feel free to take decisions for Ed.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

04.28.17 @ 05:51 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hey Error, I do agree with you about cancer being a bitch(most of us have lost loved ones to cancer and have seen the effects first hand). However, I can't feel sorry for MR. VAN HALEN(I'll just call him Ed for short) because he continues to poison his body with smokes and alcohol.

Also, does having cancer allow you to say anything you want to anyone without consequence, I don't think so. Bottom line, Ed's incoherent babling at NAMM was more alcohol induced than post cancer related. I don't think that anyone here at the links is making fun of Ed's cancer, but let's call a spade a spade when it comes to drinking a shitload of wine and mumbling your way through a press conference.

As long as Ed continues to smoke, he's not helping himself and thus, I can't have any pitty for someone who doesn't help themselves. Now I know that you're probably gonna say that smoking had nothing to do with his cancer, but if you believe that, I've got a bridge to sell you as well.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

delete

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Six of this... half dozen of that. Dental work, cancer, divorce, hip replacement, death of family members, etc... Does this generate the free pass in life. Special compensation..?

Most people deal with any/all of these challenges in life... comes with the territory. We all still have to live up to the expectations of our employers, loved ones and society.

Poor Mr Van Halen... Should the consumers of his product line and corporate business have no expectations nor comentary when a sub-par product is brought to market? Does he have no corporate responsibilities to his financiers because he had a few bumps on the road of life..?

If he were just a simple consumate musician living and breathing for the music then why is there a price tag and a heavy one at that placed on his humble product..? If he did it for the love of artistry only then would the expectations of humanity be quite different?

What's the point of all this big talk? Compassion comes a lot easier when it involves every day human beings... it's just a bit harder to swallow when it involves millionaire entertainers, who's lavish lifestyles we've help create. There's a relationship there that can't be denied.
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mr. Van Halen is very shy and very uncomfortable in public situations, Al and Dave used to do most of the interviews in the early days of VH. I can't recall Mr. Van Halen speaking very often, in fact prior to the change of lead singers I don't think I ever heard Mr. Van Halen speak.
    Really? I seem to remeber quite a few interviews with "Mr. Van Halen" way before any lead singer change.

This is you, isn't it Ed? Drunk-posting is never a good idea....
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

“…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

- Dewey Cox

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

unchained
    Last Online

12.30.11 @ 11:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nice post Error. Why dont u guys lighten up for God sake. Maybe Ed was mumbling cuz of his surgeries from his tongue,teeth pulled etc,plus the fact that he is shy. You guys r ruthless.

Last Online

11.26.16 @ 03:00 AM
    Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts

Nice post ...