Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 168
  1. #1
    Banned! againstthewind's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.16.05
    Location
    Fishing is therapy, I'm in therapy!!
    Posts
    962
    Last Online

    05.18.07 @ 08:31 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Default Most overated bands ever.

    I hope this hasn't been done b4, I searched but didn't find it. Overrated, to me, it doesn't mean you weren't good....just viewed by others as better than you really were. Here a few of mine, I know I will get flamed for number 4, but it is how I feel.

    1. Nirvana. So he killed himself....and?? To me they would be just another Seattle band without the suicide.

    2. Pearl Jam. One great album, and then not much else.

    3. U2. The Joshua Tree kicked ass, but you don't make your entire career on one album.

    4. Zepplin. Yes they were great, but oh man do I get sick of hearing oh, oh, oh, oh...oh, oh....baby please.....don't go, played over and over again on the radio. Here is a newsflash, not every song they made was great, and I think their legacy of partying and just like Nirvana, Bonham dying young contributes to their legend.

    5. Springsteen. I just don't get it.


    Please chime in with you most overated.

  2. #2
    Atomic Punk Menlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.02.04
    Age
    46
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    11,654
    Favorite VH Album

    VH II
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

    06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Likes
    5
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Aerosmith. I like them, I have a few of their records and have seen them a couple of times, but sorry, they aren't America's answer to The Rolling Stones as some people would have you believe.

    The Doors. How much of what they did really still holds up?

  3. #3
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    08.01.02
    Age
    40
    Location
    S.FLA
    Posts
    128
    Favorite VH Album

    ALL---and 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Dreams-unchained
    Last Online

    05.28.09 @ 03:53 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    NIRVANA
    SPRINGSTEEN
    AEROSHITZ
    BOB DYLAN
    DAVE MATTHEWS
    GRATEFUL DEAD

  4. #4
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    02.06.02
    Age
    46
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    1,679
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    the one Ed plays guitar on
    Last Online

    12.10.17 @ 11:12 PM
    Likes
    1,100
    Liked 784 Times in 422 Posts

    Default

    ...thank God someone else out there has the nerve to agree with me on at least one of 'em:

    #1. NIRVANA - #1 with a bullet, literally. Period, end of story. Best thing to ever happen to Dave Grohl's career was Courtney pulling the trigger.

    #2. PINK FLOYD - like the Springsteen comment above, I just don't get 'em.

    #3. THE DOORS - give me enough acid/mescaline, I could be the lizard king...not all that hard to accomplish.

  5. #5
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    08.01.02
    Age
    40
    Location
    S.FLA
    Posts
    128
    Favorite VH Album

    ALL---and 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Dreams-unchained
    Last Online

    05.28.09 @ 03:53 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Yes of course...the DOORS and PINK FLOYD!!! Excellent response! EXCELLENT!

  6. #6
    Sinner's Swing! Wickett's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.29.04
    Age
    49
    Location
    Big "D"
    Posts
    3,195
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street, Little Guitars
    Last Online

    07.19.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Likes
    7
    Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by againstthewind View Post
    I hope this hasn't been done b4, I searched but didn't find it. Overrated, to me, it doesn't mean you weren't good....just viewed by others as better than you really were. Here a few of mine, I know I will get flamed for number 4, but it is how I feel.

    1. Nirvana. So he killed himself....and?? To me they would be just another Seattle band without the suicide.

    2. Pearl Jam. One great album, and then not much else.

    3. U2. The Joshua Tree kicked ass, but you don't make your entire career on one album.

    4. Zepplin. Yes they were great, but oh man do I get sick of hearing oh, oh, oh, oh...oh, oh....baby please.....don't go, played over and over again on the radio. Here is a newsflash, not every song they made was great, and I think their legacy of partying and just like Nirvana, Bonham dying young contributes to their legend.

    5. Springsteen. I just don't get it.


    Please chime in with you most overated.

    1. Not a big Nirvana fan, but they still led the movement prior to Cobain offing himself. That being said, yes, horribly overrated

    2. Pearl Jam's first three records were top shelf (I actually like VS better than 10). The last CD wasn't bad as well. They did go through a huge dry spell.

    3. Um.... U2 had one good album?? War, Boy, All You Can't Leave Behind, Achtung, Rattle and Hum (great live record), Unforgettable Fire... All solid records. Some I like better than others (War and Rattle and Hum in particular).

    4. Zepplin- I think what's kept them going is that they were the first to do a lot of the stuff they did well. And it wasnt' all loud guitars. I got real tired of hearing nothing but Zep on the radio (prior to XM, of course) and would just turn the knob.. enough already!

    5. Springsteen's on of my all time favorites. He's really a "either you get it or you don't" kind of artist. Kind of like Bob Dillon, who I don't get at all, for example.


    I agree with the comments made on the Doors. I never got them at all, and always thought it was a lot of fuss over very little.
    Don't drink the Jim Jones punch. They're called theToxic Twins for a reason...

  7. #7
    Sinner's Swing! Wickett's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.29.04
    Age
    49
    Location
    Big "D"
    Posts
    3,195
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street, Little Guitars
    Last Online

    07.19.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Likes
    7
    Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    [QUOTE=hubs;710282]...thank God someone else out there has the nerve to agree with me on at least one of 'em:

    #1. NIRVANA - #1 with a bullet, literally. Period, end of story. Best thing to ever happen to Dave Grohl's career was Courtney pulling the trigger.
    QUOTE]


    Agree completely
    Don't drink the Jim Jones punch. They're called theToxic Twins for a reason...

  8. #8
    Atomic Punk Menlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.02.04
    Age
    46
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    11,654
    Favorite VH Album

    VH II
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

    06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Likes
    5
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wickett View Post
    5. Springsteen's on of my all time favorites. He's really a "either you get it or you don't" kind of artist. Kind of like Bob Dillon, who I don't get at all, for example.

    Any relation to Matt?

  9. #9
    Eruption Wolfgang_'99's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.29.06
    Age
    24
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    1,019
    Favorite VH Album

    II, 1984, OU812, Fuck, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Umm...
    Last Online

    06.18.10 @ 10:55 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    [QUOTE=charlesresta;710281
    AEROSHITZ
    [/QUOTE]

    Aerosmith rocks! What are you people talking about!!
    VAN HALEN FOR LIFE

    Bands I've seen:

    VAN HALEN X2
    Rose Hill Drv.
    Aerosmith X2
    Cheap Trick
    Motley Cru
    The Who
    BB King
    Velvet Revolver
    Three Days Grace
    Robert Plant
    The trews
    Heaven and Hell
    Megadeth
    Roger Waters/ Best concert EVER
    Ozzy
    Rob Zombie
    In This Moment

    Proud Threetard

    5150

  10. #10
    Atomic Punk WinterlessIceness's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.03.03
    Age
    32
    Location
    Newcastle, Great North of England
    Posts
    10,095
    Last Online

    07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Pink Floyd is hardly 'overrated'. They're a huge act but it's not like you see kids everywhere with their tees on (like AC DC or Metallica or whatever).

    The most overrated band? Green Day

  11. #11
    Eruption EVHWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.13.01
    Location
    Philadelphia (now in Portland, ME)
    Posts
    1,203
    Favorite VH Album

    VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

    ATBL
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 12:22 PM
    Likes
    40
    Liked 278 Times in 100 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    U2-Without question. They are just a "safe" band.
    Nirvana-already said...
    Pink Floyd-I don't get them and even if I did...

    But its all opinions. I like Dylan (awesome lyrics and a ton of his songs have been covered)...
    For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge the New England Fucking Patriots, Dallas Fucking Cowboys, New York Fucking Giants, Washington Fucking Redskins, Carolina Fucking Panthers, Tampa Bay Fucking Bucs, Florida Fucking Marlins, Atlanta Fucking Braves, New York Fucking Mets, Boston Fucking Red Sox, Boston Fucking Bruins, and New Jersey Fucking Devils.

    ( . Y . ) Boobs!

    \m/ \m/
    / / v \ \

  12. #12
    Banned! againstthewind's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.16.05
    Location
    Fishing is therapy, I'm in therapy!!
    Posts
    962
    Last Online

    05.18.07 @ 08:31 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    I'd also like to add that I think it is complete BS that Page and Plant left the bassplayer out of their reunion. From what I have read, JPJ is one HELLUVA' musician, and contributed nicely to LZ's legacy. I read somewhere that cat plays something like 20 instruments quite well, and they treated him like crap at their RRHOF ceremony if I remember correctly. Kind of hits home for most of us eh? Thumbs up to all the bassplayer's out there. Sorry, BOT.

  13. #13
    Atomic Punk Menlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.02.04
    Age
    46
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    11,654
    Favorite VH Album

    VH II
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

    06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Likes
    5
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by againstthewind View Post
    I'd also like to add that I think it is complete BS that Page and Plant left the bassplayer out of their reunion. From what I have read, JPJ is one HELLUVA' musician, and contributed nicely to LZ's legacy. I read somewhere that cat plays something like 20 instruments quite well, and they treated him like crap at their RRHOF ceremony if I remember correctly. Kind of hits home for most of us eh? Thumbs up to all the bassplayer's out there. Sorry, BOT.
    To add insult to injury, Plant and Page named their album No Quarter, which was a song JPJ was primarily responsible for creating.

  14. #14
    Banned! againstthewind's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.16.05
    Location
    Fishing is therapy, I'm in therapy!!
    Posts
    962
    Last Online

    05.18.07 @ 08:31 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Menlow View Post
    To add insult to injury, Plant and Page named their album No Quarter, which was a song JPJ was primarily responsible for creating.
    What's the deal there Menlow, is it money issues, or is it just the same ol' drama that we deal with in VH.

  15. #15
    Atomic Punk Menlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.02.04
    Age
    46
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    11,654
    Favorite VH Album

    VH II
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

    06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Likes
    5
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by againstthewind View Post
    What's the deal there Menlow, is it money issues, or is it just the same ol' drama that we deal with in VH.
    Rumor has it that Robert Plant didn't get along with John Paul Jones and didn't want him involved. Supposedly, much of that has been put behind them on the personal side, but there are no rumors about them working together again.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. 3 best bands ever?
    By Bob_R in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 02.01.07, 11:48 AM
  2. Two different bands
    By batterman in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10.30.06, 01:38 PM
  3. Bands you've seen from A to Z
    By ddzavis in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01.19.05, 11:52 AM
  4. vh1 bands on the run
    By topik killer in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 07.14.01, 12:05 PM
  5. Who do you think are the top 5 most overated guitarists?
    By Top Jimmy84 in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07.22.00, 02:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •