Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1
    Eruption Darby's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.02.02
    Age
    44
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,073
    Last Online

    07.09.15 @ 08:42 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Why I hate Eddie Van Halen

    I can't believe I just started a thread titled "Why I Hate Eddie Van Halen", but I did. So here it is, Eddie Van Halen is a pompous asshole of the highest order. I can't believe he fired Michael Anthony and replaced him with Wolfgang Van Halen. The same Michael Anthony that stood by his side through the Gary Chereone years! Eddie is an insanely pompous douche bag. He truly doesn't "get it". Nepotism is the worst cologne. Van Halen fans relate more to Michael Anthony than any other band member.

    Every fan wishes they could play the guitar just like Eddie, but they know they can't. Every fan wishes they could play the drums like Alex, but they know they will never be able to ever play the drums like Alex. Every fan wishes they were born with the vocal talents of David Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar, but know they will never be able to sing as well as those two. There is one member of Van Halen who the fans relate to the most. It is Michael Anthony. Everybody who loves Van Halen relates to Michael Anthony. He is the pillar. The sanity. The constant. In a band filled with craziness, he is a statue. In a band filled with hate, he is the love. In a band filled with haze, he is the clarity. Michael Anthony represents the everyman, the guy who broke the restrictive chains of society and beat the odds. A man among men. A true hero. A class act through and through.

    Fuck Eddie Van Halen and his nepotism. Talent only gets you so far. Love gets you all the way. Take care Mr. Sobolewski. Even if Eddie tries to shove you out, Fuck him! You will always be the only true bassist Van Halen ever had.

  2. #2
    Atomic Punk stilleddiesangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.30.04
    Location
    A Brit in Texas
    Posts
    9,106
    Favorite VH Album

    Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

    08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Likes
    82
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Ok... firstly, I dont hate anyone, secondly, I don't hate someone I dont even know personally and thirdly, I cant hate someone who brought me years and years of joy with his talent.
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #3
    Eruption batch's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.11.00
    Age
    41
    Location
    Milano, Italy (formerly Udine, Friuli)
    Posts
    773
    Favorite VH Album

    Tabula Rasa
    Last Online

    09.26.16 @ 10:54 AM
    Likes
    5
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    I don't like the tone of this thread, but let me say one thing:
    Edward and Alex Van Halen, have the right to do whatever they want with the band which carries their name. It's like a company: owner has the right to do whatever he thinks it's right for the company.
    We cannot judge because it's not our problem. We can buy or not the CDs, we can go or not to the shows. Everyone has its own role. Edward has its own, fans theirs.
    If you feel unconfortable with Van Halen's choices, you are free to stop buying their Cds, merch, tickets, but I think is not fair bashing Edward or anybody else.
    Peace.
    Be ready for my new amp "III OSIS" produced by H^3 in stores soon [that was funny in 2006]

    http://myspace.com/danielbacic ...actually not anymore

    www.bacic-tech.com ...gone
    www.viba-sas.it ...website of my old company... gone.

  4. #4
    Hang 'Em High MAX's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.10.02
    Age
    46
    Location
    RED SOX NATION, SLC CHAPTER
    Posts
    6,770
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

    06.03.10 @ 11:18 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Jeeze Louise...

    I didn't even read the author's post but to use the word "hate?" That's fucking harsh!!! I think Hag sucks and blows donkey dicks. However, I'd NEVER use the word "hate" nor wish ill will when describing him...

    Seriously Darby if this is truly how you feel, 'tis time for you to do something else. Try a physical activity or something cos to have your own emotions running so high about a friggin' band is absolutely insane and downright frightening!!!
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

    "Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

    "and by Van Halen, I mean David Lee Roth" - diamondsgirl on Van Halen

  5. #5
    Baluchitherium Ted Van Halen's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.07.04
    Age
    48
    Location
    All up in there
    Posts
    4,389
    Favorite VH Album

    Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

    How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

    12.18.17 @ 12:10 PM
    Likes
    2,308
    Liked 1,627 Times in 873 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    There's only two things I hate. Prejudice & chinks.

    J/K.

    I supect this one ain't gonna be open long so I figured I'd throw in something to maybe lighten it up some. Probably didn't help at all did it?


    Ted
    -TVH-


    If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine


    What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison


    Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

  6. #6
    Good Enough Dont disturb my Paradise's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.02.06
    Age
    45
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,527
    Favorite VH Album

    5150. F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

    5150. Summer nights.
    Last Online

    11.23.17 @ 09:42 PM
    Likes
    8
    Liked 203 Times in 118 Posts

    Default

    Jeez mate, hates a strong word. I certainly dislike what hes done to VHs legacy, but I dont hate the guy. Up till 93 he was a dude, a kick arse knockabout bloke, everything was fun fun fun.
    Then oneday Ed Leffler died, VHs manager. That was the day Ed became someone else. He had free reign. The safety net had gone. You might think the day he first kicked the booze was when he first changed. WRONG!!!! It was when Ed Leffler died, it was Eds oppurtunity to step up and have full control of the ship.

    Now in 2007. 13 years after, after disaster after disaster, Eds just worse.
    But they hold the name and they can do what they like with it. I'm even finding it hard putting my VH cds on now......its that bad.
    What is understood need not be discussed

    "Dont disturb my paradise. I've asked you once. I've asked you nice" - "SERIOUS JU JU"

    "I am in a blissful state. Dont bug me!!!" - Richard Dreyfuss "The Goodbye girl" 1977

  7. #7
    ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    29,889
    Last Online

    12.18.17 @ 12:29 PM
    Likes
    1,881
    Liked 6,854 Times in 3,590 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    You say love gets you all the way.

    You should listen to your own words.

    Hate does nobody any good.

  8. #8
    Atomic Punk Bad to the Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.05.02
    Age
    45
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    8,964
    Favorite VH Album

    FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

    12.18.17 @ 12:32 PM
    Likes
    1,067
    Liked 1,887 Times in 1,104 Posts

    Default

    I don't hate Eddie. I just really think he's turned into a cock over the last 10 years or so. I don't know him personally so maybe I'm wrong but I've read every interview he's done since 1978 or so, I've listened to tons of radio interviews and his personality remained pretty consistant until about 1995. I would say that starting in 95 Eddie's personallity began to shift and the shift became alarming during, and after the whole 96 fiasco. Watch the MTV interview from 96 when Ed says Dave better be wearing a cup and look at Ed's face, look at the hate there, now contrast that with Ed from Van Halne Unleashed when he talks about Dave...if you can't see the difference your blind.

    One thing Sammy said in the melodicrock interveiw a few months ago really struck me...he said something like Van halen just doesn't work anymore and I believe him, I think everyone went into 04 wanting to do great but it just did not work. Sam said he had to run in and out of the studio just to avoid Ed and the one other thing that really stuck out was Sammy said "eddie used to be one of the most lovable giving guys in the world now he's just a monster". This is ccming from a guy who used to introduce Eddie as his best friend everynight...a guy who still has a great releationship with Mike and still talks to Alex..what does that tell you? I don't hate Ed...I guess at this time I "loathe" him, I don't know if that's the right word but it seems to fit. It seems to me that in Ed's mind everyone else is wrong-Mike, Sam, the fans and he can do no wrong, the fans and mike and sam just don't get it in his mind. I kinda think it's the other way around. I think Ed's just gone....the booze and drugs have just done him in..he can't play like he used to, the songs he recorded in 04 are-to me-a mess (lyrics aside) and he just comes off like a dick right now and a hypocrite...oh, yeah, sammy sells tequila nd mike seels hot sauce so they're bad guys..ok. How much are those new frankie replica's going for Ed?

  9. #9
    Top Of The World
    Join Date
    06.26.04
    Posts
    169
    Last Online

    01.31.15 @ 11:44 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    There are basically two types of people. Those that can embrace change, and roll with it, and those that are dragged through life stomping their feet when faced with change.

    No amount of complaining or protesting is going to effect what EVH does, so might I suggest you consider allowing Eddie the freedom to do what he wants to do with his life and career. Ultimately, what he does has no direct effect on you as an individual.

    Van Halen is moving forward and in a different direction, so be it. Deal with it, or don't, it's as simple as that.

  10. #10
    Eruption Dr5115's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.04.04
    Age
    44
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    1,295
    Favorite VH Album

    VH II
    Favorite VH Song

    Humans Being
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 10:35 AM
    Likes
    172
    Liked 192 Times in 87 Posts


    Donor

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad to the Bone View Post
    I don't hate Eddie. I just really think he's turned into a cock over the last 10 years or so. I don't know him personally so maybe I'm wrong but I've read every interview he's done since 1978 or so, I've listened to tons of radio interviews and his personality remained pretty consistant until about 1995. I would say that starting in 95 Eddie's personallity began to shift and the shift became alarming during, and after the whole 96 fiasco. Watch the MTV interview from 96 when Ed says Dave better be wearing a cup and look at Ed's face, look at the hate there, now contrast that with Ed from Van Halne Unleashed when he talks about Dave...if you can't see the difference your blind.

    One thing Sammy said in the melodicrock interveiw a few months ago really struck me...he said something like Van halen just doesn't work anymore and I believe him, I think everyone went into 04 wanting to do great but it just did not work. Sam said he had to run in and out of the studio just to avoid Ed and the one other thing that really stuck out was Sammy said "eddie used to be one of the most lovable giving guys in the world now he's just a monster". This is ccming from a guy who used to introduce Eddie as his best friend everynight...a guy who still has a great releationship with Mike and still talks to Alex..what does that tell you? I don't hate Ed...I guess at this time I "loathe" him, I don't know if that's the right word but it seems to fit. It seems to me that in Ed's mind everyone else is wrong-Mike, Sam, the fans and he can do no wrong, the fans and mike and sam just don't get it in his mind. I kinda think it's the other way around. I think Ed's just gone....the booze and drugs have just done him in..he can't play like he used to, the songs he recorded in 04 are-to me-a mess (lyrics aside) and he just comes off like a dick right now and a hypocrite...oh, yeah, sammy sells tequila nd mike seels hot sauce so they're bad guys..ok. How much are those new frankie replica's going for Ed?

    Very Well Said. I think most fans would agree that they don't hate EVH, but that most fans are VERY disappointed in EVH.

    I'm personally disappointed to the point that I will not go see a reunion tour with Roth if they don't bring Michael along. VH has probably gotten their last dime from me, and I like all of you here, am a die-hard VH fan.

    Let's face it 1978-1996 was a Great run. From that point on the hill has just gotten steeper and steeper. I think this thread (heck even this site recently) is a reflection of the most dedicated VH fans in the world being let down by a hero.

  11. #11
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    01.29.02
    Age
    49
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    22,946
    Last Online

    12.18.17 @ 09:20 AM
    Likes
    846
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

    Default

    http://MySpace.com/WhyIHateEddieVanHalen

    Quote Originally Posted by Darby View Post
    I can't believe I just started a thread titled "Why I Hate Eddie Van Halen", but I did. So here it is, Eddie Van Halen is a pompous asshole of the highest order. I can't believe he fired Michael Anthony and replaced him with Wolfgang Van Halen. The same Michael Anthony that stood by his side through the Gary Chereone years! Eddie is an insanely pompous douche bag. He truly doesn't "get it". Nepotism is the worst cologne. Van Halen fans relate more to Michael Anthony than any other band member.

    Every fan wishes they could play the guitar just like Eddie, but they know they can't. Every fan wishes they could play the drums like Alex, but they know they will never be able to ever play the drums like Alex. Every fan wishes they were born with the vocal talents of David Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar, but know they will never be able to sing as well as those two. There is one member of Van Halen who the fans relate to the most. It is Michael Anthony. Everybody who loves Van Halen relates to Michael Anthony. He is the pillar. The sanity. The constant. In a band filled with craziness, he is a statue. In a band filled with hate, he is the love. In a band filled with haze, he is the clarity. Michael Anthony represents the everyman, the guy who broke the restrictive chains of society and beat the odds. A man among men. A true hero. A class act through and through.

    Fuck Eddie Van Halen and his nepotism. Talent only gets you so far. Love gets you all the way. Take care Mr. Sobolewski. Even if Eddie tries to shove you out, Fuck him! You will always be the only true bassist Van Halen ever had.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.Ē -- Gen. George S. Patton

  12. #12
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,159
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.18.17 @ 10:58 AM
    Likes
    1,322
    Liked 6,712 Times in 3,730 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darby View Post
    I can't believe I just started a thread titled "Why I Hate Eddie Van Halen", but I did. So here it is, Eddie Van Halen is a pompous asshole of the highest order. I can't believe he fired Michael Anthony and replaced him with Wolfgang Van Halen. The same Michael Anthony that stood by his side through the Gary Chereone years! Eddie is an insanely pompous douche bag. He truly doesn't "get it". Nepotism is the worst cologne. Van Halen fans relate more to Michael Anthony than any other band member.

    Every fan wishes they could play the guitar just like Eddie, but they know they can't. Every fan wishes they could play the drums like Alex, but they know they will never be able to ever play the drums like Alex. Every fan wishes they were born with the vocal talents of David Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar, but know they will never be able to sing as well as those two. There is one member of Van Halen who the fans relate to the most. It is Michael Anthony. Everybody who loves Van Halen relates to Michael Anthony. He is the pillar. The sanity. The constant. In a band filled with craziness, he is a statue. In a band filled with hate, he is the love. In a band filled with haze, he is the clarity. Michael Anthony represents the everyman, the guy who broke the restrictive chains of society and beat the odds. A man among men. A true hero. A class act through and through.

    Fuck Eddie Van Halen and his nepotism. Talent only gets you so far. Love gets you all the way. Take care Mr. Sobolewski. Even if Eddie tries to shove you out, Fuck him! You will always be the only true bassist Van Halen ever had.
    "the guy who broke the restrictive chains of society and beat the odds. A man among men. A true hero"

    this is either a poor attempt at sarcasm or the dumbest thing I've ever read.
    If you hate Ed maybe you should start listening to another band.

    On another note, you make it sound like common man Michael is not talented. That Ed has been blessed with talent, that Sam and Dave were blessed this talent, that Al was blessed with talent. And that Mike is just some hardworking guy who turned no talent into a career. What a load of complete crap. All 5 of those guys have talent, true. And all 5 of those guys worked their asses off to turn that "talent" into a career. Most of their success was built on hard work.

  13. #13
    Atomic Punk Bad to the Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.05.02
    Age
    45
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    8,964
    Favorite VH Album

    FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

    12.18.17 @ 12:32 PM
    Likes
    1,067
    Liked 1,887 Times in 1,104 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lieu910 View Post
    There are basically two types of people. Those that can embrace change, and roll with it, and those that are dragged through life stomping their feet when faced with change.

    No amount of complaining or protesting is going to effect what EVH does, so might I suggest you consider allowing Eddie the freedom to do what he wants to do with his life and career. Ultimately, what he does has no direct effect on you as an individual.

    Van Halen is moving forward and in a different direction, so be it. Deal with it, or don't, it's as simple as that.

    the problem is not letting Ed do what Ed wants to do, Ed did that very well from 78-95ish, even though he wanted to do more keyboards with Dave in the band for the most part he did exactly what he wanted to do. If you can listen to 5150 and OU812 and read the interveiws you can tell that those cds-like em or hate em-were exactly what Ed wanted Van Halen to be at that time.

    the problem is when Ed's personality "shifted" as I like to call it the individual members of the band weren't allowed to do what they wanted-which is how it was in the past-and had to start doing what Ed wanted. It might have been Ed telling Sam to rewrite lyrics or telling Mike to redo a bass part but when Van halen worked thier best it was when Ed played his guitar and keyboards and wrote the music and Sammy or Dave sang, Mike played his bass and handled the background vocals and Al played his drums. Now it's the lyrics Ed wants, Ed will play the bass and in some cases handle the drums...it's all Ed, it's not Van halen..that died years ago now it's the Eddie Van halen band, doesn't matter if it's Dave or Sam on vocals, it's gonna be ed's way or the highway...just ask Mike or Sam...or after the next tour ask Dave, I'm sure he'll be saying the same thing Sam's was saying a few months ago.

  14. #14
    Good Enough Dont disturb my Paradise's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.02.06
    Age
    45
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,527
    Favorite VH Album

    5150. F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

    5150. Summer nights.
    Last Online

    11.23.17 @ 09:42 PM
    Likes
    8
    Liked 203 Times in 118 Posts

    When Ed Leffler died, so did VH. That was christmas 1993. We're damn lucky we got "Balance", I tell you, under the circumstances Eddie was in that year.

    I'm one disgusted VH fan. I'm just happy Sams out there, with Mike giving 100 percent. Atleast he cares!!!
    What is understood need not be discussed

    "Dont disturb my paradise. I've asked you once. I've asked you nice" - "SERIOUS JU JU"

    "I am in a blissful state. Dont bug me!!!" - Richard Dreyfuss "The Goodbye girl" 1977

  15. #15
    Sinner's Swing! Zahzoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.20.01
    Location
    3rd Stone From The Sun
    Posts
    3,495
    Favorite VH Album

    The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

    Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

    11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Likes
    85
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

    Default

    I hate what Edward has done to the band... nuff said.
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Eddie Trunk talks Van Halen & Eddie..
    By venom thrust in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 07.31.06, 07:54 AM
  2. what do you hate about van-halen.com?
    By bigbadwolf in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03.04.03, 07:39 AM
  3. Does Eddie hate signing autographs?
    By stevei in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02.05.03, 12:44 PM
  4. You'll hate me for this
    By cloudieskie in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01.09.02, 05:12 AM
  5. A Job I'd Hate!!!
    By Cabo Kid in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07.24.00, 04:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •