Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Last Online

10.18.07 @ 12:30 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Just Another Excuse

So the announcement has been made, all of the principle figures involved have been notified, the internet's been abuzz, and what does this all amount to? Just another excuse. Out of the woodwork have come all of the Sam-bashers, the "RothBots", the EVH Apologists, the Redheads, and every other little faction within the VHlinks universe, and the battle lines have once again been drawn.

After three years of being snubbed, and the endless "F*** the RRHOF" comments, we've all finally gotten what we wanted, and Van Halen got what they deserved. They'll be inducted into the Rock n' Roll Hall Of Fame, and all anyone here can do, is bitch.

Why is it, that when some positive news comes out, all that's come of it has been a sharp increase in the mudslinging? Granted, this event will not be without it's drama, but why add more to it? One of the inductees has been vocal about it, and in doing so, was very humble and gracious, and honest even about the problems that could arise. The others involved, haven't even contributed that much. So the indications are that the event will be very interesting, and probably dramatic, most likely something out of a bad soap opera.

Granted, this forum's existence is all about the Van Halen fans expressing their opinions, does there have to be so much of this mudslinging? I believe that many of you have a career in politics, with the way you can tear down an opposing view, by calling into question one's intelligence, sanity, or even their sexuality.

Now, I understand that I'm not going to change a damn thing by writing this, and will most likely come under fire myself, for this. I am simply voicing my opinion. I am a fan of both eras, both lead singers, the bass player, the drummer, and that guitar guy, what's-his-name. I just get frustrated with the idiocy, on this forum, from time to time.

Finally, I know that I've been long-winded here, congratulations to Edward, Alex, Michael, Dave and Sammy. This is a much deserved honour, and a long time coming. Thank you to each member of the band, for their individual contributions to the overall legacy of the Mighty Van Halen. And gentlemen, put the bullshit aside, check your egos at the door, get on stage and put on a show that justifies your induction. Two songs, Sam and Dave, head to head, and give it all up for the fans. They're the reason why you're even there, and it's time to do what's best for the fans, for a change. Give us what we want. We Want Van Halen!!! And we want it NOW!!!

Favorite VH Album

Tabula Rasa
    Last Online

09.26.16 @ 10:54 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VHSoldier5150 View Post
    congratulations to Edward, Alex, Michael, Dave and Sammy. This is a much deserved honour, and a long time coming. Thank you to each member of the band, for their individual contributions to the overall legacy of the Mighty Van Halen. And gentlemen, put the bullshit aside, check your egos at the door, get on stage and put on a show that justifies your induction. Two songs, Sam and Dave, head to head, and give it all up for the fans. They're the reason why you're even there, and it's time to do what's best for the fans, for a change. Give us what we want. We Want Van Halen!!! And we want it NOW!!!
    Right said!
    Be ready for my new amp "III OSIS" produced by H^3 in stores soon [that was funny in 2006]

http://myspace.com/danielbacic ...actually not anymore

www.bacic-tech.com ...gone
    www.viba-sas.it ...website of my old company... gone.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Don't Tell Me
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 01:14 AM
    Liked 108 Times in 65 Posts

So the announcement has been made, all of the principle figures involved have been notified, the internet's been abuzz, and what does this all amount to? Just another excuse. Out of the woodwork have come all of the Sam-bashers, the "RothBots", the EVH Apologists, the Redheads, and every other little faction within the VHlinks universe, and the battle lines have once again been drawn.

After three years of being snubbed, and the endless "F*** the RRHOF" comments, we've all finally gotten what we wanted, and Van Halen got what they deserved. They'll be inducted into the Rock n' Roll Hall Of Fame, and all anyone here can do, is bitch.

Why is it, that when some positive news comes out, all that's come of it has been a sharp increase in the mudslinging? Granted, this event will not be without it's drama, but why add more to it? One of the inductees has been vocal about it, and in doing so, was very humble and gracious, and honest even about the problems that could arise. The others involved, haven't even contributed that much. So the indications are that the event will be very interesting, and probably dramatic, most likely something out of a bad soap opera.

Granted, this forum's existence is all about the Van Halen fans expressing their opinions, does there have to be so much of this mudslinging? I believe that many of you have a career in politics, with the way you can tear down an opposing view, by calling into question one's intelligence, sanity, or even their sexuality.

Now, I understand that I'm not going to change a damn thing by writing this, and will most likely come under fire myself, for this. I am simply voicing my opinion. I am a fan of both eras, both lead singers, the bass player, the drummer, and that guitar guy, what's-his-name. I just get frustrated with the idiocy, on this forum, from time to time.

Finally, I know that I've been long-winded here, congratulations to Edward, Alex, Michael, Dave and Sammy. This is a much deserved honour, and a long time coming. Thank you to each member of the band, for their individual contributions to the overall legacy of the Mighty Van Halen. And gentlemen, put the bullshit aside, check your egos at the door, get on stage and put on a show that justifies your induction. Two songs, Sam and Dave, head to head, and give it all up for the fans. They're the reason why you're even there, and it's time to do what's best for the fans, for a change. Give us what we want. We Want Van Halen!!! And we want it NOW!!!
    Very intelligent post.
    SOME VH LINKS CLASSICS

"Sammy is fat, Dave is bald, Mike is next in line to be the Pope, Eddie is a drunk, Wolfie is fat, Gary is gay, CVH is VH, Mike is VH, Sammy can outsing Dave on a tequilla hangover, Eddie is a meth head, How Many Say I is the worst VH song ever, Up for Breakfast is a close second, Dave was horrible at radio and everybody hates the assless chaps.
    Ok I think that covers everything." Ziggysmalls

"I sense that some of our newer passengers may be nervous due to the sudden turbulence. Please be seated, this is simply a normal part of the periodic ride.
    I didn't say we'll get to the destination, but until Alex comes out a says what a complete waste of carbon DLR is, we're still climbing, so strap yourselves in.
    Those of you who have been on this ride before, the hottie in the mini will be around shortly with your drinks......." Red

Favorite VH Album

vh 2
    Last Online

01.21.17 @ 04:23 AM
    Liked 35 Times in 13 Posts

Nice post ... the way you close out touches a cord.
    I believe alot of the negative posting around here comes
    from the fact that the fans feel secondary to anything
    VH does. You mention a song for song HOF deal with SAm / Dave
    That makes perfect sense and I applaud that.... Now let's see
    how VH handles the obvious... They should do the right thing
    for the "fans".... It seems the "fans" are sick and tired of waiting
    for this too happen, hence the backlash on this "Fan" site.

Sam vs. Dave ? who really cares at this point? Just ROCK for GODS SAKE !!

Last Online

05.18.07 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Well said and hope you get home soon.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

06.12.08 @ 12:48 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Excellent!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Feel Your Love Tonight
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:24 AM
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by cav View Post
    Nice post ... the way you close out touches a cord.
    I believe alot of the negative posting around here comes
    from the fact that the fans feel secondary to anything
    VH does.
    Very well put with that statement. I've always kinda thought that. I love VH, but us fans I guess don't necessarily feel that back. I've seen Sammy's "VH wall of fame" in Cabo, and that award from WB congratulating VH for selling 60 million records worldwide was, well, because of us fans. It would feel good to feel like it was all about us and our passion for their music for once.

Also, I agree with you too againstthewind. Thank you vhsoldier for your service. You're there so I don't have to be (that's the way I feel at least). Means a lot to me, thank you and do come home safe.

Hot For Teacher Downtown Stevie's Avatar
    Kentuckian by birth Wildcat by the grace of GOD!
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

Woman in love
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 10:41 AM
    Liked 23 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Very Nice indeed! It would be nice for just one night for all the guys to put everything aside all the issues and just jam and have a good time.
    Who do you think you are? I am !!
    - Bowling Great Pete Weber

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 10:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They'll be inducted into the Rock n' Roll Hall Of Fame, and all anyone here can do, is bitch.

You haven't been around here in awhile have you? That's all the Links are for, bitch fest!! RARLEY do you some civilized conversation on this board and it's a shame. What's really sad is that it's well known (bitch fest)on other guitar forums (not related to VH) about this place.............
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............... Dirty Harry

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street/its about time
    Last Online

09.24.11 @ 05:29 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

very well said
    van halen is back. "what you think is nothing might be something after all"

Last Online

10.18.07 @ 12:30 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Bob View Post
    You haven't been around here in awhile have you? That's all the Links are for, bitch fest!! RARLEY do you some civilized conversation on this board and it's a shame. What's really sad is that it's well known (bitch fest)on other guitar forums (not related to VH) about this place.............
    Oh, I've been on from time to time. That post was the culmination of years of frustration, with the endless bitching. I respect everyone's opinion, and their right to it, but I am just tired of there being nothing more than insults in everyone's post. No real substance, or even rational thought comes from some people. A lot of people seem to harbor some deep personal resentment for one artist or the other. Where it comes from, I don't know. Maybe their mothers were groupies that Dave wouldn't sleep with, or something, I don't know. Either way, I doubt that any of them know either one of these people personally, and I don't understand the hatred. Anyway, I'm rambling again.

On another note, I am home from Iraq. I just haven't updated my profile, yet. Though, I may be going back, eventually. And if so, so be it. Let's not start any political debates on that one. It's my job, and I'm proud to serve. So if I get the call again, I'll go, no questions asked.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

06.12.08 @ 12:48 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[QUOTE=VHSoldier5150;707732]Oh, I've been on from time to time. That post was the culmination of years of frustration, with the endless bitching. I respect everyone's opinion, and their right to it, but I am just tired of there being nothing more than insults in everyone's post. No real substance, or even rational thought comes from some people. A lot of people seem to harbor some deep personal resentment for one artist or the other. Where it comes from, I don't know. Maybe their mothers were groupies that Dave wouldn't sleep with, or something, I don't know. Either way, I doubt that any of them know either one of these people personally, and I don't understand the hatred. Anyway, I'm rambling again.

True.It seems that many think that VH is the DLR band,and they get frustrated...

Eruption
    Last Online

03.22.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 216 Times in 102 Posts

I think that whenever there are personnel changes in a band, it is enevitable that there are going to be divisions in the fanbase. And those fanbases feel they need to make their case heard louder than the others.

Any time Van Halen is given recognition for their accomplishments, it is going to ignite the Dave vs Sammy arguments. I mean, that's just a given. And now you have the Michael Anthony issue, and all of the other stuff this band has been through. Its so complicated! Anyone expecting them or the fans to put aside all that baggage is asking for a lot.

Van Halen will always be surrounded in confusion. Once Van Halen fans accept that, its a lot easier to live with. Its unfortunate that their mind blowing music is sometimes pushed to the side because of the wacky decisions they've made.

Stay safe VHSoldier5150!
    Leave everything to me!-Powdered Toast Man

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

04.17.12 @ 03:02 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Insightful post.

I never thought about before but Van Halen fans (particularly on the 'Links) have become a microcosm of the band. Out of all the "mudslinging" between fans creates a chemistry that makes Van Halen fans some of the most loyal out there.

Favorite VH Album

VHII, WACF, 5150
    Last Online

03.31.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Bob View Post
    That's all the Links are for, bitch fest!! RARELY do you some civilized conversation on this board and it's a shame.
    That is simply not true. Nobody here is negative so shut the hell up!!!

Nice post VHSoldier5150.
    "Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce the king of 10 fingers and six strings... Mr. Edward Van Halen!"