Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Top Of The World
    Last Online

10.18.13 @ 05:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Will Eddie play that new guitar ???

My question is ---will he actually play that new Fender(?) Frankenstrat.
    The Frankie is a cool guitar, but its still a ragged assed looking thing, as oppossed to the MM or the Wolfgang. Not really meaning to sound negative
    about the Frankie--its a legend, but Eddie pieced the first one together when
    he didn't have a nice guitar. Its cool to make one look like that(I have), but buy one??

Last Online

09.13.08 @ 04:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

he'll play if for a few songs and then play his upcoming new wolfgang guitars that are rumored to be coming out soon.and the frankie copies he plays live will probably then show up on ebay and make him even more money...just like what he did in 04 with the charvels.

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

09.22.10 @ 01:03 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What and give up a chance to hawk his guitar products for the masses? These shows will be as much about the endorsements as they will about the new found love and family bonding.
    Sometimes you feel like a nut...Sometimes you feel like a screw!

Top Of The World
    Last Online

10.18.13 @ 05:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Didn't think of that angle

Favorite VH Album

The one with Ed on guitar.
    Favorite VH Song

The one with Ed's amazing solo
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 04:55 PM
    Liked 186 Times in 92 Posts

yes he will play it, as someone said before, maybe just for some songs.

at least he won't be selling them on the t'shirt stands, as uposed to some other people selling hot sauce and tequila.

it's all about the music right? well I think we should be happy Eddie is going to be on stage kicking ass.

Yes we want Mike, but he is out there too, with Sammy.

I do believe that if Eddie is excited and happy as it seems, then we will see a kick ass show, and hopefully NEW MUSIC from his magical fingers.
    "I could call it anything, but the only word I can think of is Brown. It's just a warm sound. Warm, big, majestic" - Eddie Van Halen on his Tone

"Van Halen is definitely a ladies band, and I´ve got the Polaroids to prove it". - David Lee Roth

WOLFGANG did the IMPOSSIBLE, he brought back VAN HALEN, DEAL WITH IT.

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

So, I guess his 'ten albums' worth of music is garbage now, huh? Everyone's talking about new shit and we haven't even heard the old shit. Stuff that was supposed to be done with a real singer and a real bassist. What a fuckin' joke.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RAGEN_40 View Post
    What and give up a chance to hawk his guitar products for the masses? These shows will be as much about the endorsements as they will about the new found love and family bonding.
    Part of me has wondered if the endorsements are the reason for the tour. But I digress...

Last Online

09.13.08 @ 04:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

he may not be selling them at t-shirt stands but selling them on ebay for 10-30 grand a piece isnt to shabby either.

Favorite VH Album

The one with Ed on guitar.
    Favorite VH Song

The one with Ed's amazing solo
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 04:55 PM
    Liked 186 Times in 92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arackofwhat View Post
    he may not be selling them at t-shirt stands but selling them on ebay for 10-30 grand a piece isnt to shabby either.
    I agree, but those were bids by fans, this guitars will be sold on stores.
    "I could call it anything, but the only word I can think of is Brown. It's just a warm sound. Warm, big, majestic" - Eddie Van Halen on his Tone

"Van Halen is definitely a ladies band, and I´ve got the Polaroids to prove it". - David Lee Roth

WOLFGANG did the IMPOSSIBLE, he brought back VAN HALEN, DEAL WITH IT.

Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.30.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by TheresOnlyOneWay View Post
    So, I guess his 'ten albums' worth of music is garbage now, huh? Everyone's talking about new shit and we haven't even heard the old shit. Stuff that was supposed to be done with a real singer and a real bassist. What a fuckin' joke.
    Well, the original band did cut some 3-5 songs in 2000.

Whether we'll ever get to hear those, who knows.
    EUAS

www.rotharmy.com

*VV*
    ole No.1
    The finest.

"The Showstoppa!!"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:35 PM
    Liked 1,390 Times in 763 Posts

Well if he's creating new music as kick as as the time when he was using the "Frankenstrat," then by all means, use it.

That's the bottom line, music. I don't care about the bells and whistles. For EVH and Van Halen to be back after all the drama, they gotta come back with amazing music. Right now they're like in 1976, 1980 or 1983... they have to come up with a "Van Halen I," a "Fair Warning" or a "1984." Anything less will not do.

Yes, the pressure is on. Mainly they brought in on themselves, but now the pressure is on and they have to deliver.
    Little Dreamer

Eruption
    Last Online

07.13.12 @ 05:20 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RAGEN_40 View Post
    These shows (if they happen) will be entirely about hawking product. I really hope Roth calls the hypocrite EVH out about pimping his shit on tour.

Eruption
    Last Online

07.13.12 @ 05:20 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ED-A-HOLIC View Post
    yes he will play it, as someone said before, maybe just for some songs.

at least he won't be selling them on the t'shirt stands, as uposed to some other people selling hot sauce and tequila.

it's all about the music right? well I think we should be happy Eddie is going to be on stage kicking ass.

Yes we want Mike, but he is out there too, with Sammy.

I do believe that if Eddie is excited and happy as it seems, then we will see a kick ass show, and hopefully NEW MUSIC from his magical fingers.
    No one was selling hotsause or Tequilla on behalf of the band. The vendors @ the arena's may have but they aren't getting a taste of those sales. Thats EVH was so full of shit about all of that

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

07.17.09 @ 01:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    Well if he's creating new music as kick as as the time when he was using the "Frankenstrat," then by all means, use it.

That's the bottom line, music. I don't care about the bells and whistles. For EVH and Van Halen to be back after all the drama, they gotta come back with amazing music. Right now they're like in 1976, 1980 or 1983... they have to come up with a "Van Halen I," a "Fair Warning" or a "1984." Anything less will not do.

Yes, the pressure is on. Mainly they brought in on themselves, but now the pressure is on and they have to deliver.
    I love the sentiment, however I don't think Ed feels any pressure whatsoever. He does whatever the fuck he wants, and these days none of it has anything to do with artistic integrity. If it did, there'd be a new album followed by a real, honest to goodness CVH reunion with one Michael Anthony. That's the only recipe for any possible semblance of a VHI, FW, or 1984. All original members. Anything else is just a bullshit dough-grab, instigated by EVH dick suckers with something in it for them.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:21 AM
    Liked 4,808 Times in 2,454 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by be_deviler View Post
    I love the sentiment, however I don't think Ed feels any pressure whatsoever. He does whatever the fuck he wants, and these days none of it has anything to do with artistic integrity. If it did, there'd be a new album followed by a real, honest to goodness CVH reunion with one Michael Anthony. That's the only recipe for any possible semblance of a VHI, FW, or 1984. All original members. Anything else is just a bullshit dough-grab, instigated by EVH dick suckers with something in it for them.
    You are right that Eddie is doing what the fuck he wants. Don't you? Its his life. Do you like it when people try to dictate to you what to do in your personal or professional life? Hell no.

Please artistic integrity? Doing shots on stage reeks of professionalism. So does signing autographs throughout a show while missing words. Yes getting blasted on Smooking Loon ranks up there too. They all lack it in some way or form.

I would love it if Mike was up with the band but the fact is that its not going to happen. Eddie does not like him for whatever reason and no matter how much people moan and bitch its not going to change things. Just like I aint going to prevent Randy Rhoads from getting on a plane, MA is not going to be in VH. That is that. You either move on or follow VH4. I don't understand why people just can't accept the fact that Van Halen is not what it was in 84, 94 or even 2004. Its not the end of the world.

Even if they got back as an original 4 piece its not going to be 84. Dave and Ed can't sing like they used to. Ed probably can't play like he did in 84 even if he wanted to. He is too far removed from his Holdsworth influenced playing. People would be bitching about them not playing Poundcake on tour.

Everything is a cash grab by the way. 2004, The Sam and Dave tour, Sammy's last tour, and every freaking tour since the begining of rock and roll. Do you think these guys dont' want to make money? They make their money off touring...not albums.