Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    06.11.02
    Age
    43
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    126
    Favorite VH Album

    VAN HALEN
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    07.23.14 @ 08:40 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Check this out!!

    Wanna hear what EVH, Steve Lukather on vocals, Billy Sheehan on bass and Pat Torpey on drums sounds like? Then Click Here.
    Last edited by RG550L; 01.04.07 at 09:12 PM. Reason: spelling

  2. #2
    Eruption vistadelrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.02.05
    Age
    47
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,411
    Favorite VH Album

    ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    Blood & Fire
    Last Online

    03.13.13 @ 09:54 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    wow. I could watch that over and over. that was great.
    If eddie were down and out on a sidewalk playing guitar I'd be next to him with a bottle and a blanky braving the cold. I would be sucking my thumb happily making chupa chupa noises in sync with the petroglyphic sounds that came from the mighty finger tips of Edward Van Halen.

  3. #3
    On Fire Blount5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.27.04
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    321
    Last Online

    07.27.11 @ 07:16 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I've got the whole show on VHS...if I remember correctly, this came after Sam left but before 3.

  4. #4
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    09.28.05
    Posts
    78
    Favorite VH Album

    VH1 and Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    All the one's with Ed on!
    Last Online

    10.07.13 @ 11:58 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blount5150 View Post
    I've got the whole show on VHS...if I remember correctly, this came after Sam left but before 3.
    11/17/96 The ALS Benefit show in Chicago in honor of Jason Becker. The band went by the name of Lou Brutus Experience and played 7 songs.
    Hope it helps.

  5. #5
    On Fire
    Join Date
    07.04.04
    Age
    41
    Location
    Duxbury, MA
    Posts
    378
    Favorite VH Album

    II, FW, OU812, club days
    Favorite VH Song

    Cabo Wabo, Hear About it Later
    Last Online

    08.08.15 @ 09:37 PM
    Likes
    216
    Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    the drummer sounds kinda boring to me. reminds me of when i hear vh covers a lot of times...the drums are sometimes note-correct but there is rarely any FEEL (I'm a drummer). Thank God for Alex!

  6. #6
    Atomic Punk Eddymon's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.20.99
    Age
    48
    Location
    3800 foot level in the Sierra
    Posts
    15,108
    Favorite VH Album

    all of them
    Favorite VH Song

    If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

    12.10.17 @ 08:14 AM
    Likes
    2
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

    Default

    Well that settles the old argument as who is better Eddie or Jimi.
    Eddie played Hendrix, but Hendrix could NEVER play Van Halen.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

  7. #7
    Sinner's Swing! vh_chick's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.28.04
    Age
    46
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    3,304
    Favorite VH Album

    WACF, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Little Guitars, Unchained, HB
    Last Online

    09.05.15 @ 07:55 AM
    Likes
    9
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    This is just stellar. Anyone got the whole show on DVD to share with some Linker friends???

    Shari
    "Hey, thanks for the bracelet! Was that one for me?" - Michael Anthony to me in the Golden Ring in Grand Rapids, MI July 9, 2004
    July 9, 2004 - Mike pressed a guitar pick into my hand!
    "We're in the right place!" EVH @ The Joe in Detroit, July 10, 2004
    "Hey! What's up!?" - Mikey, upon recognizing me in the Golden Ring in Chicago after getting his second bracelet, July 21, 2004
    "What is uuuuuuuuuup!!!???" - Mike to me in Detroit, May 12th, 2005, after receiving third bracelet.
    "You found me again!" - Mike to me in Detroit, Nov. 2, 2007

  8. #8
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    06.01.03
    Location
    Pasadena, TX
    Posts
    2,737
    Last Online

    12.12.16 @ 10:22 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Ed sounds sooooooooooo fresh!!!!!!!!!!

  9. #9
    Atomic Punk MF5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.04
    Age
    29
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,323
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

    12.10.17 @ 12:20 PM
    Likes
    295
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddymon View Post
    Well that settles the old argument as who is better Eddie or Jimi.
    Eddie played Hendrix, but Hendrix could NEVER play Van Halen.
    Yeah maybe because he's dead. But I think I get your point.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

  10. #10
    Top Of The World
    Join Date
    05.09.05
    Location
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts
    157
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Sinner's Swing
    Last Online

    12.07.17 @ 04:42 PM
    Likes
    69
    Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddymon View Post
    Well that settles the old argument as who is better Eddie or Jimi.
    Eddie played Hendrix, but Hendrix could NEVER play Van Halen.
    If Hendrix were alive today, he would eat Ed alive and spit out the bones!!! Hendrix couldn't play Van Halen?!...gimme a break. Just because he wasn't tapping or using hammer-ons at every opportunity, it certainly doesn't mean he couldn't. Hendrix was in his late 20's when he died, so if he were still alive, his playing would have evolved well beyond being able to play bloody "Eruption". Most cover band guitar players can play most of Eddie's stuff and you're saying that one of the most talented ,innovative players ever wouldn't be able to master it? Come on!!...

  11. #11
    Atomic Punk chefcraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.01.02
    Location
    A Confederacy of Dunces
    Posts
    19,370
    Last Online

    03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ravid dee loth View Post
    If Hendrix were alive today, he would eat Ed alive and spit out the bones!!! Hendrix couldn't play Van Halen?!...gimme a break. Just because he wasn't tapping or using hammer-ons at every opportunity, it certainly doesn't mean he couldn't. Hendrix was in his late 20's when he died, so if he were still alive, his playing would have evolved well beyond being able to play bloody "Eruption". Most cover band guitar players can play most of Eddie's stuff and you're saying that one of the most talented ,innovative players ever wouldn't be able to master it? Come on!!...
    Uhhh...you do realise that you are debating Eddymon?
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

  12. #12
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    09.28.05
    Posts
    78
    Favorite VH Album

    VH1 and Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    All the one's with Ed on!
    Last Online

    10.07.13 @ 11:58 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddymon View Post
    Well that settles the old argument as who is better Eddie or Jimi.
    Eddie played Hendrix, but Hendrix could NEVER play Van Halen.
    I never knew there was an argument about who is better?
    Does someone have to play another guitarists song to make them better than the guy who originally did it? So if Ed plays a Steve Vai tune he's 'better' than Vai?
    That's a strange competition, I always though music is about erm... music.

  13. #13
    Atomic Punk Eddymon's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.20.99
    Age
    48
    Location
    3800 foot level in the Sierra
    Posts
    15,108
    Favorite VH Album

    all of them
    Favorite VH Song

    If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

    12.10.17 @ 08:14 AM
    Likes
    2
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ravid dee loth View Post
    If Hendrix were alive today, he would eat Ed alive and spit out the bones!!! Hendrix couldn't play Van Halen?!...gimme a break. Just because he wasn't tapping or using hammer-ons at every opportunity, it certainly doesn't mean he couldn't. Hendrix was in his late 20's when he died, so if he were still alive, his playing would have evolved well beyond being able to play bloody "Eruption". Most cover band guitar players can play most of Eddie's stuff and you're saying that one of the most talented ,innovative players ever wouldn't be able to master it? Come on!!...
    I guess some didn't get the joke there, seeing how we would never know since Hendrix died 8 years before the ERUPTION of Edward Van Halen.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

  14. #14
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    07.17.06
    Age
    48
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,690
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning & Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Don't Tell Me
    Last Online

    12.10.17 @ 01:14 AM
    Likes
    11
    Liked 108 Times in 65 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ravid dee loth View Post
    If Hendrix were alive today, he would eat Ed alive and spit out the bones!!! Hendrix couldn't play Van Halen?!...gimme a break. Just because he wasn't tapping or using hammer-ons at every opportunity, it certainly doesn't mean he couldn't. Hendrix was in his late 20's when he died, so if he were still alive, his playing would have evolved well beyond being able to play bloody "Eruption". Most cover band guitar players can play most of Eddie's stuff and you're saying that one of the most talented ,innovative players ever wouldn't be able to master it? Come on!!...

    I believe the little at the end signified it being a joke. relax man, relax.
    SOME VH LINKS CLASSICS


    "Sammy is fat, Dave is bald, Mike is next in line to be the Pope, Eddie is a drunk, Wolfie is fat, Gary is gay, CVH is VH, Mike is VH, Sammy can outsing Dave on a tequilla hangover, Eddie is a meth head, How Many Say I is the worst VH song ever, Up for Breakfast is a close second, Dave was horrible at radio and everybody hates the assless chaps.
    Ok I think that covers everything." Ziggysmalls

    "I sense that some of our newer passengers may be nervous due to the sudden turbulence. Please be seated, this is simply a normal part of the periodic ride.
    I didn't say we'll get to the destination, but until Alex comes out a says what a complete waste of carbon DLR is, we're still climbing, so strap yourselves in.
    Those of you who have been on this ride before, the hottie in the mini will be around shortly with your drinks......." Red

  15. #15
    Forum Frontman Double Down's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.10.05
    Age
    49
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    17,911
    Favorite VH Album

    ('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

    11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Likes
    538
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ravid dee loth View Post
    If Hendrix were alive today, he would eat Ed alive and spit out the bones!!! Hendrix couldn't play Van Halen?!...gimme a break. Just because he wasn't tapping or using hammer-ons at every opportunity, it certainly doesn't mean he couldn't. Hendrix was in his late 20's when he died, so if he were still alive, his playing would have evolved well beyond being able to play bloody "Eruption". Most cover band guitar players can play most of Eddie's stuff and you're saying that one of the most talented ,innovative players ever wouldn't be able to master it? Come on!!...
    Whoa, ease up on the "Jimi is God" thing. Hendrix couldn't carry Jimmy Page's jock and he sure as hell wouldn't be able to play Ed. To say he would "eat Ed alive and spit out the bones" is pure nonsense. Relax dude, no need to wet your pants.
    .
    .
    .
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. CHECK THIS OUT
    By MEANBEE in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01.11.06, 02:38 PM
  2. Check Out This Pic
    By MrBrownSound in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12.08.05, 02:13 AM
  3. Check this one out
    By ShawnMichaels in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03.11.02, 06:28 PM
  4. check
    By curious in forum Musicians' Corner
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01.27.01, 01:21 AM
  5. hey goo! check this out !
    By hain23x in forum VHLinks Feedback & Troubleshooting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06.17.00, 04:04 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •