Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Atomic Punk Van Squalen's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.21.03
    Posts
    22,244
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 11:06 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1,619 Times in 996 Posts


    Donor

    Default Bridge School Benefit Album - New Sammy Tracks

    I did a search for this, nothing came up, apologies if someone else noted it first.

    It's a pretty cool thing....a variety of artists, led by Neil Young and his wife, contribute to the gigs, proceeds going to the Bridge School, an educational program helping disabled children with severe speech and physical impediments.

    Anyway, Sammy contributed 4 acoustic tracks to Volume 2 of the Bridge School Concerts, available on ITunes. There's versions of FWYS and Give to Live, plus two new tracks, Fillmore Shuffle and Amnesty is Granted. I downloaded the new ones...cool little Sam grooves, not bad.

  2. #2
    Atomic Punk Bad to the Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.05.02
    Age
    45
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    8,957
    Favorite VH Album

    FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 08:39 AM
    Likes
    1,067
    Liked 1,885 Times in 1,102 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    I did a search for this, nothing came up, apologies if someone else noted it first.

    It's a pretty cool thing....a variety of artists, led by Neil Young and his wife, contribute to the gigs, proceeds going to the Bridge School, an educational program helping disabled children with severe speech and physical impediments.

    Anyway, Sammy contributed 4 acoustic tracks to Volume 2 of the Bridge School Concerts, available on ITunes. There's versions of FWYS and Give to Live, plus two new tracks, Fillmore Shuffle and Amnesty is Granted. I downloaded the new ones...cool little Sam grooves, not bad.
    Filmore Shuffle is a really old sammy song from his early capital records days and Amnesty is Granted was played by Sam for his solo on the RHRN tour, it appeared on a meatloaf album-with Sam doing guitar and background vocals and later was on Sam's MTM album.

    Ed and Sam performed at the benefit in 93, they did an acoustic set which included Right now, Love Walks In, Best of Both Worlds and Ed played Spanish Fly....Sam also performed "the love" which is basically an updated version of ever since you came from the HSAS shows-that song later appeared on red voodoo....

    anyway, I've seen video of Sammy and Eddie but don't have it...

  3. #3
    Atomic Punk Van Squalen's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.21.03
    Posts
    22,244
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 11:06 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1,619 Times in 996 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad to the Bone View Post
    Filmore Shuffle is a really old sammy song from his early capital records days and Amnesty is Granted was played by Sam for his solo on the RHRN tour, it appeared on a meatloaf album-with Sam doing guitar and background vocals and later was on Sam's MTM album.

    Ed and Sam performed at the benefit in 93, they did an acoustic set which included Right now, Love Walks In, Best of Both Worlds and Ed played Spanish Fly....Sam also performed "the love" which is basically an updated version of ever since you came from the HSAS shows-that song later appeared on red voodoo....

    anyway, I've seen video of Sammy and Eddie but don't have it...
    Ah...didn't remember that at all. Well, they're new versions, anyway.

    Edit: Totally spaced on AIG on MTM. Duh. It's been a while since I popped that LP in.
    Last edited by Van Squalen; 01.03.07 at 05:03 PM.

  4. #4
    Eruption AJHV's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.09.04
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    864
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    All of them
    Last Online

    08.29.11 @ 12:46 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Thanks, i just got a FWYS off Itunes!!!!
    Live by the VH attitude, die by the VH attitude.
    \mm/\mm/

    "What do you wanna do with your life?

    I WANNA ROCK!"

    ********************
    Alex Van Halen "THE BEATLES will never get back together and David Lee Roth will never again sing with VAN HALEN."
    the way it should have been link below:
    http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4...5dd0881lk8.jpg

  5. #5
    Atomic Punk Bob_R's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.18.01
    Posts
    7,207
    Last Online

    12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    I downloaded the 2 Springsteen tunes.

  6. #6
    Atomic Punk Bad to the Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.05.02
    Age
    45
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    8,957
    Favorite VH Album

    FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 08:39 AM
    Likes
    1,067
    Liked 1,885 Times in 1,102 Posts

    Default

    I'm surprised the 93 bridge benifit live vid of Sam and Ed hasn't popped up on youtube yet....it's cool as hell.

  7. #7
    Hang 'Em High
    Join Date
    06.17.03
    Age
    30
    Location
    New Brunswick Canada
    Posts
    6,980
    Favorite VH Album

    You name it
    Favorite VH Song

    See above
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 05:15 AM
    Likes
    310
    Liked 226 Times in 162 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad to the Bone View Post
    Filmore Shuffle is a really old sammy song from his early capital records days and Amnesty is Granted was played by Sam for his solo on the RHRN tour, it appeared on a meatloaf album-with Sam doing guitar and background vocals and later was on Sam's MTM album.

    Ed and Sam performed at the benefit in 93, they did an acoustic set which included Right now, Love Walks In, Best of Both Worlds and Ed played Spanish Fly....Sam also performed "the love" which is basically an updated version of ever since you came from the HSAS shows-that song later appeared on red voodoo....

    anyway, I've seen video of Sammy and Eddie but don't have it...
    I knew Filmore Shuffle was a very old Hagar track, but how did he perform "Amnesty is Granted" on the RHRN tour, it wasn't written until 1997 as far as I knew.

  8. #8
    Atomic Punk Bad to the Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.05.02
    Age
    45
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    8,957
    Favorite VH Album

    FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 08:39 AM
    Likes
    1,067
    Liked 1,885 Times in 1,102 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ain't Talkin' Bout' Love View Post
    I knew Filmore Shuffle was a very old Hagar track, but how did he perform "Amnesty is Granted" on the RHRN tour, it wasn't written until 1997 as far as I knew.

    he performed it during his solo spot, I've to a audio taped version of the bootleg "rockin my hometown" and it's on there, I think he did it at the last couple of shows on that tour. there was an interveiw in Metal Edge where they asked him if it was written for the next VH album but I don't remember what Sammy said.

    He also let meatloaf record it in 96...faster, more rockin version. I think Sammy plays guitar and does backing vocals on the track.

  9. #9
    Eruption KleeHee's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.30.04
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    978
    Last Online

    10.14.16 @ 08:38 PM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ain't Talkin' Bout' Love View Post
    how did he perform "Amnesty is Granted" on the RHRN tour, it wasn't written until 1997 as far as I knew.
    No, it wasn't released until 1997. Sammy wrote it when he was going through his divorce, which I think happened around the time of F.U.C.K.

    During Sam's solo spot on the RHRN tour in Houston (2nd night) he performed an early version of "The Love." My memory of that performance is better than the version that finally appeared on RED VOODOO (3 albums later).
    The only adventures I regret
    are the ones I missed,
    and the thought of all the pretty girls
    I never tried to kiss.
    -DLR

  10. #10
    Atomic Punk Bad to the Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.05.02
    Age
    45
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    8,957
    Favorite VH Album

    FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 08:39 AM
    Likes
    1,067
    Liked 1,885 Times in 1,102 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KleeHee View Post
    No, it wasn't released until 1997. Sammy wrote it when he was going through his divorce, which I think happened around the time of F.U.C.K.

    During Sam's solo spot on the RHRN tour in Houston (2nd night) he performed an early version of "The Love." My memory of that performance is better than the version that finally appeared on RED VOODOO (3 albums later).

    compare The Love to Ever since you came from HSAS....ESYC is such an awsome song..I wish he just recorded that version with Niel Schon for Red Voodoo. I've tried getting into The Love but it just doesn't have the flair of ESYC

  11. #11
    Eruption KleeHee's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.30.04
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    978
    Last Online

    10.14.16 @ 08:38 PM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad to the Bone View Post
    compare The Love to Ever since you came from HSAS....ESYC is such an awsome song..I wish he just recorded that version with Niel Schon for Red Voodoo. I've tried getting into The Love but it just doesn't have the flair of ESYC
    My copy of HSAS doesn't have a song on it called "Ever Since You Came."
    My track listing is as follows:
    Top of the Rock
    Missing You
    Animation
    Valley of the Kings
    Giza
    Whiter Shade of Pale
    Hot and Dirty
    He Will Understand
    My Home Town
    The only adventures I regret
    are the ones I missed,
    and the thought of all the pretty girls
    I never tried to kiss.
    -DLR

  12. #12
    Atomic Punk Bad to the Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.05.02
    Age
    45
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    8,957
    Favorite VH Album

    FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 08:39 AM
    Likes
    1,067
    Liked 1,885 Times in 1,102 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KleeHee View Post
    My copy of HSAS doesn't have a song on it called "Ever Since You Came."
    My track listing is as follows:
    Top of the Rock
    Missing You
    Animation
    Valley of the Kings
    Giza
    Whiter Shade of Pale
    Hot and Dirty
    He Will Understand
    My Home Town
    you gots to look on WinMX or...there used to be a thread with a ton of the unreleased tracks, there were about 5 or 6 songs that didn't make the cut for the album...but, they're all great songs:

    In For the Kill
    Tough Enough
    Eyes of Love
    Fear
    Ever Since You Came
    What Will Never Be

    there used to be a thread with links to all of these songs...I don't know if it still exists. I think the plan was to release a second album with the above listed tracks but it just never happened.

  13. #13
    Atomic Punk Bad to the Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.05.02
    Age
    45
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    8,957
    Favorite VH Album

    FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 08:39 AM
    Likes
    1,067
    Liked 1,885 Times in 1,102 Posts

    Default

    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/show...t=33968&page=2

    try there..about half way down the page is the post with links to download all the unreleased songs.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Best tracks back to back on a VH album
    By Bob_R in forum VH Songs/Albums/Videos
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08.14.16, 10:10 PM
  2. Best tracks back to back on a VH album
    By Bob_R in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11.08.05, 08:31 PM
  3. Best of Non-Album tracks
    By billy007 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02.21.05, 08:33 AM
  4. Benefit concert-Possibly to feature both Eddie and Sammy
    By cabowabo49 in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10.23.01, 10:32 AM
  5. sammy : UN-BOXED new tracks
    By jorL5150 in forum Van Halen 101
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06.04.00, 10:28 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •