Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Top Of The World artimusbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.01.04
    Posts
    167
    Last Online

    04.24.10 @ 08:04 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default I wish we had this kind of news from VH..

    Taken from Neil Peart's website (an excerpt):

    "Ha—what a question! Of course I could solo over it—I’d love to!—but I would never dare to suggest such a thing myself. When Nick pushed me like that, he would say, “Hey man, I wouldn’t ask if I didn’t know you could do it,” and of course that was a kind of challenge. All of us picked up that “can do” spirit, and it came to express the mood of our sessions at Allaire—brash, confident, determined, inspired, challenged, fired-up, defiant, excited.

    As I said to Rich and Nick when my last drum track was finished, “I have never enjoyed the recording process so much, nor been so satisfied with the results.” "

    Talk about wishful thinking, huh. Looks like a new Rush release is on the way. It is nice to read about a 30+ year old band getting excited about creating music TOGETHER. What a concept.

  2. #2
    Forum Frontman
    Join Date
    09.15.06
    Age
    42
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,568
    Last Online

    07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by artimusbill View Post
    Taken from Neil Peart's website (an excerpt):

    "Ha—what a question! Of course I could solo over it—I’d love to!—but I would never dare to suggest such a thing myself. When Nick pushed me like that, he would say, “Hey man, I wouldn’t ask if I didn’t know you could do it,” and of course that was a kind of challenge. All of us picked up that “can do” spirit, and it came to express the mood of our sessions at Allaire—brash, confident, determined, inspired, challenged, fired-up, defiant, excited.

    As I said to Rich and Nick when my last drum track was finished, “I have never enjoyed the recording process so much, nor been so satisfied with the results.” "

    Talk about wishful thinking, huh. Looks like a new Rush release is on the way. It is nice to read about a 30+ year old band getting excited about creating music TOGETHER. What a concept.
    Rush: Functional. Van Halen: Dysfunctional.

  3. #3
    Sinner's Swing! emm5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.25.04
    Location
    Scranton, Pa.
    Posts
    3,106
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street
    Last Online

    07.13.17 @ 06:45 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    I thank god everyday for Rush!!!!

  4. #4
    Eruption Infinite Cactus's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.05.04
    Age
    29
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,078
    Favorite VH Album

    MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

    Dirty Movies/Mean Street
    Last Online

    12.01.17 @ 02:40 AM
    Likes
    231
    Liked 104 Times in 45 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Both: Ray Daniels huzzah waht. Oh yeah, Rush is about the music, Van Halen is more about the drama.
    Van Halen Reunion Tour
    Louisville, Kentucky July 6th, 2004
    "It's a little hot in here tonight!"


    Van Halen 2012 Tour
    Louisville, Kentucky February 28th, 2012

    Van Halen 2015 Tour
    Noblesville, Indiana September 2nd 2015

    Assistant Director of Personnel
    The 3 Brigade

  5. #5
    Hang 'Em High Blind Lemon Loons's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.12.03
    Location
    Chant It Like A Mantra!!
    Posts
    6,145
    Favorite VH Album

    A Different Kind Of Truth!!
    Favorite VH Song

    Stay Frosty Whooooo! Look Out!
    Last Online

    12.03.17 @ 07:20 AM
    Likes
    890
    Liked 154 Times in 114 Posts


    Donor

    Kareem Rush?

    Bobby Rush?

    Otis Rush?
    ASHES TO ASHES...DUST TO DUST...IF THE WOMEN DON'T GET YA, THE WHISKEY MUST!!...

    "I used to play the blues alone in all the local joints," he explained. 'The only thing that I can really play on guitar to this day is the blues. I heard Doc Watson and his son playing 15 years ago, and from there I got into Leadbelly and John Lee Hooker."--DLR

    If you pay attention -- what I sing, the guitar sings, too, and what the guitar says, I say.--Mississippi Fred McDowell

  6. #6
    Atomic Punk smithjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.12.00
    Location
    The US of A
    Posts
    16,463
    Favorite VH Album

    Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

    Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

    08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Likes
    130
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    See this is what fans of a normal band get. What do we get?

    WHAT?

    .................................................. ....................... followed by more .................................................. ...

    btw - Rush rocks!!!
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

    "A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One



  7. #7
    Eruption
    Join Date
    01.02.04
    Posts
    850
    Last Online

    10.31.17 @ 04:36 AM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 40 Times in 24 Posts

    Default

    I'm the same way. I can't help but get bitter about VH when other bands I follow have their lives squared away. I know that's my own problem, but it pisses me off.

    Rush is one I follow and for all the shit we give Ray Daniels, they seem to have their shit together and are about the music. I'd trade their organization and people everyday of the week for VH's.

    I also follow Genesis a lot. They are putting a 20-stadium tour together for the summer. It's just about getting back together and playing the music. Why is that so freaking hard for VH?

    acs

  8. #8
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    05.05.04
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,684
    Favorite VH Album

    fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

    mean street
    Last Online

    02.26.17 @ 05:10 PM
    Likes
    42
    Liked 68 Times in 19 Posts

    Default

    thank god for rush...my second favorite band.
    let's be real...EVH was GOD

    Runnin' might put too much focus on the fact that there's a little kid on bass - knuck

    I see three bona fide ROCK GODS, and then somebody's kid. - CaboTime

  9. #9
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    05.05.04
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,684
    Favorite VH Album

    fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

    mean street
    Last Online

    02.26.17 @ 05:10 PM
    Likes
    42
    Liked 68 Times in 19 Posts

    Default

    lifeson's daughter is replacing geddy on bass and lead vocals for the upcoming tour
    let's be real...EVH was GOD

    Runnin' might put too much focus on the fact that there's a little kid on bass - knuck

    I see three bona fide ROCK GODS, and then somebody's kid. - CaboTime

  10. #10
    Unchained mojavebassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.13.03
    Age
    44
    Location
    Springfield IL
    Posts
    499
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    07.28.13 @ 01:39 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Ya know, Peart has lost his wife and daughter and yet he perserveres, creating awesome music and writing can't-put-down books. He could have said to heck with it all and become a recluse. There's no reason for Eddie to be sour about life or music if he would only put it in perspective and surround himself with good people.
    "I know My sheep, and My sheep know Me.... I have other sheep, too, which are not of this fold. I must bring them also...." John 10

  11. #11
    Eruption vh resurrection's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.03.04
    Age
    42
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,406
    Favorite VH Album

    VHII, WACF, 5150
    Last Online

    03.31.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mojavebassman View Post
    Ya know, Peart has lost his wife and daughter and yet he perserveres, creating awesome music and writing can't-put-down books. He could have said to heck with it all and become a recluse. There's no reason for Eddie to be sour about life or music if he would only put it in perspective and surround himself with good people.
    Such a cerebral, inventive, and introspective guy. With his talent, any project that he would take part in would likely end up successful. Peart's a friggin' genius.
    "Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce the king of 10 fingers and six strings... Mr. Edward Van Halen!"

  12. #12
    Atomic Punk ZeoBandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.29.02
    Age
    41
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    17,830
    Favorite VH Album

    F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

    Humans Being
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 06:24 AM
    Likes
    54
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post
    Rush: Functional. Van Halen: Dysfunctional.
    Bingo!
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

    www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

  13. #13
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    01.27.00
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    104
    Last Online

    11.14.17 @ 08:11 PM
    Likes
    6
    Liked 32 Times in 12 Posts

    Peart = Genius

    Quote Originally Posted by vh resurrection View Post
    Such a cerebral, inventive, and introspective guy. With his talent, any project that he would take part in would likely end up successful. Peart's a friggin' genius.
    And a great writer, too. His new book "Roadshow" is excellent. It's basically a tour diary that he wrote while travelling their 30th anniversary tour on his motorcycle.

    Not to mention that he writes the vast majority of the lyrics for Rush. I still think "Trees" is one of the most intelligently written songs I've ever heard (lyrically speaking).......

  14. #14
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    07.18.06
    Age
    46
    Location
    Sopranoville, NJ
    Posts
    2,406
    Favorite VH Song

    5150
    Last Online

    06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matte View Post
    And a great writer, too. His new book "Roadshow" is excellent. It's basically a tour diary that he wrote while travelling their 30th anniversary tour on his motorcycle.

    Not to mention that he writes the vast majority of the lyrics for Rush. I still think "Trees" is one of the most intelligently written songs I've ever heard (lyrically speaking).......
    Hey! It's no Up for Breakfast! LOL!

    Seriously, we should take up a collection and send Ed a copy of Peart's Ghost Rider. The fact that Peart went through so much shit with losing his daughter and wife in the space of one year and still managed to get himself together might inspire Ed.
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

    “…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

    - Dewey Cox

  15. #15
    Forum Frontman
    Join Date
    09.15.06
    Age
    42
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,568
    Last Online

    07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elvhfan View Post
    lifeson's daughter is replacing geddy on bass and lead vocals for the upcoming tour
    There's a difference here, though. Is Alex's daughter hot?

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. What kind of Van Halen fan are you?
    By dropdeadlegs in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 11.06.06, 09:50 PM
  2. Replies: 74
    Last Post: 07.27.02, 12:42 PM
  3. I would like to see what kind of responce .........
    By GangWolf in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11.07.00, 05:45 AM
  4. What kind of.....
    By bcgvh in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10.30.00, 05:28 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •