Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street, Little Guitars
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

Default Ray Danniels Indcucted to Canadian Music HOF

Ray Danniels and Jim Waters Inducted into Canadian Music Industry Hall of Fame

Ray Danniels, President and C.E.O. of S.R.O.
    Management Inc. and Anthem Entertainment Group will be inducted into the Canadian Music Industry Hall of Fame as well as Jim Waters, Chairman of the Board of CHUM Limited. The honours will take place at the Canadian Music
    Industry Awards on March 8, 2007 during Rogers Wireless Canadian Music Week.

Danniels began his career in the music industry booking bands in Toronto. In 1971, he took on Canadian rock band Rush as their agent and manager. The band was turned down by every record company in Canada, so Ray launched Moon
    Records (later renamed Anthem) and released Rush's self-titled debut album with an initial pressing of just 1,500 units.

Today, Anthem Records' recent projects include releasing the Trailer Park Boys' movie soundtrack and in November 2006, Molly Johnson's major label debut Messin' Around. In its 30-year history, Ray and S.R.O. have been extremely active overseeing the careers of such artists as Van Halen, The Tea Party, and Matthew Good.

Jim Waters is a career broadcaster with over 30 years of experience paving the way to leadership of CHUM Limited.

His first full-time position in broadcasting was with 1050 CHUM-AM, working as music librarian in 1972. Eager to learn the radio business, he
    moved to Vancouver to join the radio sales team at CFUN in 1973.

Jim returned to 1050 CHUM as Assistant Program Director in 1979. He was promoted to Manager and Program Director before becoming Vice President and General Manager of both CHUM-AM and 104.5 CHUM-FM in 1988. He was also appointed to CHUM Limited's Board of Directors.

In 1994, Jim was named President of CHUM Radio and by 2000, he became Executive Vice President of CHUM Limited. Today, Waters acts as Chairman of the Board of CHUM Limited.

http://www.broadcastermagazine.com/i...142006&btac=no
    Don't drink the Jim Jones punch. They're called theToxic Twins for a reason...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

07.13.17 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

FUCK him!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

After reading a few of Neil Peart's books, I have to say that I think Ray Daniel's takes way too much heat around here for fucking up VH. From what I've read he was a good friend to Peart through the tragedies of losing both his daughter and wife and he certainly hasn't fucked up Rush's career.

He may very well be a scheming, thieving scumbag. But the fact is none of us know him and all we really have to go on are a few chapters from Sam's alleged book. How come we don't place more blame on the two guys who could have said "no" to him and/or fired him at any time: Ed and Al?
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

“…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

- Dewey Cox

On Fire
    Last Online

04.26.09 @ 10:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otis5150 View Post
    After reading a few of Neil Peart's books, I have to say that I think Ray Daniel's takes way too much heat around here for fucking up VH. From what I've read he was a good friend to Peart through the tragedies of losing both his daughter and wife and he certainly hasn't fucked up Rush's career.

He may very well be a scheming, thieving scumbag. But the fact is none of us know him and all we really have to go on are a few chapters from Sam's alleged book. How come we don't place more blame on the two guys who could have said "no" to him and/or fired him at any time: Ed and Al?
    'cause they believed the bullshit that was spewed from the dickhead's mouth. When people you trust lead you a certain way, sometimes it's hard to see it until it's too late.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VanBlu View Post
    'cause they believed the bullshit that was spewed from the dickhead's mouth. When people you trust lead you a certain way, sometimes it's hard to see it until it's too late.
    And you believe the bullshit spewed by Ed or anyone else about Daniels? Ed claims he's cured cancer for christ sake! The same cancer that he claims was caused not by the billions of cigarettes he's smoked and continues to smoke, but by keeping a metal guitar pick in his mouth. Which sounds like a more plausible explanation to you? Ed's famous for blaming everyone but himself for things: Dave, Sam, Mike, metal guitar picks...anything to keep from taking some responsibility himself.

We don't know the truth of what happened with Daniels and VH, and we probably never will. Al certainly has no excuse, as he's known to be the more business-minded of the two. All I'm saying is, when it comes to Daniel's, consider the source of the complaint. Neil Peart paints him to be a decent guy but maybe he is a dickhead and so is Daniels. However, Daniels is certainly not the only one at fault.
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

“…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

- Dewey Cox

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street, Poundcake
    Last Online

01.12.10 @ 01:31 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The fact that Canada has inducted this hoser band killer into their RRHOF shows you exactly what is wrong with Canada.

OK Canadians, sarcasam mode off. Take off, eh.

Favorite VH Album

Alright, I admit - All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Almost all of them
    Last Online

03.01.12 @ 05:52 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's BS. Inducting a person who ruined VH and The Tea Party??? is all I have to say.
    Homer: No one snuggles with Max Power. Just strap on and feel the Gs!

American Coast Guard: Back off Canadians we got them.
    Canadian Coast Guard: You back off hosers, they are in Canadian waters, eh.
    American Coast Guard: Beat it you puck smacking maple suckers!
    Canadian Coast Guard: Take a hike you Shatner stealing Mexico touchers!

Bart: Who the hell is this?
    Jack Bauer: I’m Jack Bauer, who the hell is this?
    Bart: Me, er… I’m Ahmed Adudi
    Jack: Chloe, get me all you can on Ahmed Adudi… Does anyone there know Ahmed Adudi?
    Chloe O’Brien: Ahmed Adudi; wealthy Saudi financier… Disappeared into Afghanistan in the late 90s…
    Jack: … Really?
    Chloe (ironically): No Jack it’s a joke name, you’re being set up.
    Jack: DAMMIT!

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

They made no mention of the fact that VH sued Ray after they fired him.

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

09.22.10 @ 01:03 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

BFD
    Fuck Ray Daniels and Rush
    Canada too for that matter.
    Sometimes you feel like a nut...Sometimes you feel like a screw!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Today? Stay Frosty
    Last Online

06.16.17 @ 09:53 AM
    Liked 104 Times in 44 Posts

Donor

I think the most important thing you can take from Sam's book is that a better manager would have taken Rush to higher places.

Rush has had a nice career...no doubt. But as Sam put it, they had the potential to be the North American Zepplin and Ray's inability to publicize the band did them in. When they were selling a million copies, they could have been selling millions and millions of copies. Ray had no relationship with MTV.

Having said that...the guy is what a lot of managers are...especially ones that don't grow with a band - out for the money. He did things like the Greatest Hits because it was in his best interest, not the band's.

Whatever. He's a stroke. And it's fun being mad at someone other than the real players for the mess that is Van Halen.
    The Barn Burned Down, Now I can See the Moon

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:32 AM
    Liked 1,484 Times in 905 Posts

The fact that they even included Van Halen's name with this guy is crap. Ask Ray how things went for the band?
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

She's The Woman, Mean Street
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:59 AM
    Liked 44 Times in 20 Posts

Donor

Ray was the wrong choice for sure......

But the real crime, and main reason we are where we're at these days, is the death of Ed Leffler !

In all honesty, those would have been tough shoes to fill for anyone.
    Lode's Facebook
    @Lode13 on Twitter

On Fire
    Last Online

04.26.09 @ 10:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otis5150 View Post
    And you believe the bullshit spewed by Ed or anyone else about Daniels? Ed claims he's cured cancer for christ sake! The same cancer that he claims was caused not by the billions of cigarettes he's smoked and continues to smoke, but by keeping a metal guitar pick in his mouth. Which sounds like a more plausible explanation to you? Ed's famous for blaming everyone but himself for things: Dave, Sam, Mike, metal guitar picks...anything to keep from taking some responsibility himself.

We don't know the truth of what happened with Daniels and VH, and we probably never will. Al certainly has no excuse, as he's known to be the more business-minded of the two. All I'm saying is, when it comes to Daniel's, consider the source of the complaint. Neil Peart paints him to be a decent guy but maybe he is a dickhead and so is Daniels. However, Daniels is certainly not the only one at fault.

Actually, Alex more or less said the same thing about Ray in 04 in an interview; just worded different.
    Since you have a pipeline into my brain, I guess I don't need to point out how incorrect you are about my opinions regarding what Ed says, but I digress.

Also, it's pretty easy to see that the band went seriously down hill once Ray became the manager. It doesn't matter what people think or say, you can see it for yourself. The band started doing things they said they didn't want to or like. (Soundtrack, greatest hits). The band was completely fine personally too and once Ray was there that fell apart too. I suppose you could be correct and it's all just one big coincidence and it's really not Ray's fault, but I don't think so.

Nuff said.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

FAIR WARNING
    Favorite VH Song

SO THIS IS LOVE
    Last Online

09.02.17 @ 04:54 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emm5150 View Post
    FUCK him!
    I SECOND, THIRD AND FOURTH THAT!!!!!!!!!

Favorite VH Album

ALL
    Favorite VH Song

ALL
    Last Online

04.24.17 @ 11:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by finallyin2007 View Post
    I SECOND, THIRD AND FOURTH THAT!!!!!!!!!
    I QUINTILLIENTH THAT AND SO ON AND SO ON oh! YEA Ray Read my sig one more time for FUCKING UP the GREATEST ROCK BAND EVER!!! FUCKING CRACKER ASS!
    All songs written and performed by:

Edward Van Halen: Lead Guitars, Backround vocals
    Sammy Hagar: Lead Vocals, Acoustic/Guitars
    Michael Anthony: Bass/ Backround Vocals
    Alex Van Halen: Drums/Percussions/Back Vocals
    Sammy Hagars solos available on Geffen
    Special Thanks to: Valerie, Wolfie, Sue, Kari,Claudio for introducing the RedRocker to us Al's Harem and kids, Elisha, Taylor, Kama/ all the fans past and present: all recordings done at "5150" where else! A nod and wink to Ed Leffler.
    Irving Azoff/ All the staff at Warner Bros. past and present/ Gary Cherone for giving his all/ David Lee Roth for getting us there and oh yea Ray Daniels, for keeping the bathrooms clean during all the performances. Oh yea, your fucking check is in the mail and next time you whip your bullshit on us again, where taking your ass to Cabo and pounding mud up your ass till you cough up sand for the loss of 8 years. nuff said, IT"S 5150 TIME