Save
    Favorite VH Album

All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

09.26.16 @ 06:19 AM
    Liked 95 Times in 61 Posts

I am a huge Classic Van Halen fan and I have finally come to this conclusion. It was hard for me at first but maybe having VH reunite with Roth could be a bad thing. I say (Rothism) just remember the legacy they were and how they kicked the rock world's ass back then. Don't tarnish it. Treat it like a very valuable posession. That being said I always have favored Classic Van Halen over Van Hagar but if Sam does reunite with them I hope it's for only one CD and tour and they call it quits. I would have said the same thing if it was Dave. I feel Ed and Al need to do something different musically and would love to see both of them bring in other musicians and just do an instrumental album or an album with guest vocalist. I know some of you are going to flame me but I want all of you to really look at the big picture and then rethink your thoughts.

[ August 25, 2002, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: AJW ]

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

09.07.08 @ 01:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by AJW:
    I am a huge Classic Van Halen fan and I have finally come to this conclusion. It was hard for me at first but maybe having VH reunite with Roth could be a bad thing. I say (Rothism) just remember the legacy they were and how they kicked the rock world's ass back then. Don't tarnish it. Treat it like a very valuable posession. That being said I always have favored Classic Van Halen over Van Hagar but if Sam does reunite with them I hope it's for only one CD and tour and they call it quits. I would have said the same thing if it was Dave. I feel Ed and Al need to do something different musically and would love to see both of them bring in other musicians and just do an instrumental album or an album with guest vocalist. I know some of you are going to flame me but I want all of you to really look at the big picture and then rethink your thoughts.
    I'll rethink it once an album by either singer with VH comes out. Otherwise, you never know. We could be in for years and years of great music. Why damn that before anything happens either way? Then again, it is quite possible that your point of view will be realized by many. Who's to say?? Let's not put any carts before the horse in this situation.
    Van Halen without the original 4 is just not Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.28.15 @ 05:30 AM
    Liked 7 Times in 2 Posts

I know Ed has made statements in the past about a possible reunion with Dave "best being left to memory" or words to that effect. It seems to me that he's suggesting that those moments back then were pure magic and that a reunion with Dave now or back in 1996 would have just tarnished the legacy they had created. I guess you can draw the analogy to a fave athlete coming out of retirement and doing his thing again ie-Michael Jordan. We always want to remember are legends on top and not fading away into something less. I'm not sure if I'm in complete agreement with that stance. It seems to me that those memories are always there no matter what and if Dave was to rejoin Van Halen I certainly wouldn't expect it to be 1984 all over again. Anyways I'm just hoping we haven't heard the last of the mighty Van Halen. I think these guys have a lot of music still in them and I hope we get a chance to hear some of it soon.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

5150, Women In Love
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

I'm with you Mario [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] !!
    WHAT IS UNDERSTOOD NEED NOT BE DISCUSSED!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

01.13.16 @ 04:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

At this stage, I would be thrilled to hear either a new Van Halen album with ANY singer, or an Ed instrumental album, or even better, an Ed and Alex "Jazz Odyssey" album.

Call me a VH slut. I'll take anything.
    Staying Frosty

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Jump
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think we should remember Van HALEN for what it was. No one can take anything from the original lineup..........it was the best and will be the most memorable and influencial. Kind of like the Beatles.

'Right Now' I think if they reunited with Sammy, then at least the legacy of the classic lineup would not be tarnished.

Roth and VH tried to reunite and we have to give them credit for that. But I think the 1996 fiasco was enough for us all. It just didn't work out. Oh well.

[ August 26, 2002, 06:36 AM: Message edited by: Poundcock ]
    Van Halen R.I.P<br />(1974-1996)

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, Hear About It Later, Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

After seeing the DLR/Sammy show August 19 in Va Beach, I agree. It is true that "you cannot go back". Until seeing that show I wanted VH to get back with DLR badly, hoping to turn back the clock to 1981 and recreate the magic of Fair Warning and their greatest album/tour ever. But after seeing DLR August 19, it will never happen. VH needs to move forward and I hope to hear VH with a new singer soon. Thankfully I have many fond memories of seeing classic VH in concert. I now understand why Ed and Al said NO to DLR.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by aftershock5:
    I'm with you Mario [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] !!
    i agree to, i still think there is years of music in them, just hope they let us know something soon.
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

Unchained
    Last Online

03.04.06 @ 05:04 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There is one last possibility in all of this that I myself would not want to face. What if Eddie's best writing days are behind him? You guys know that the creative juices of just about all great song writers from the 70' and 80's have come to an end I.E, Page/Plant, Jagger/Richards,Townsend. I can't say if Eddie is at that point, but if not, that point is probably not to far off. The possibility may exist that no singer is going to make that much of a difference. I guess time will tell. Didn't want to bring you down. Just an added perspective.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

5150, Women In Love
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Vince, I get get what you are saying. Some people on this board think that it's necessarry to verbally abuse other fans (i.e. Rikk.). Don't loose faith man, they will be back, with Sammy, and this shithead world of new "rock" will come back to its senses after another #1HIT ALBUM with SAMMY. No disrespect to the Roth years, but clearly after this currnet tour (Sam V. Dave BULLSHIT), the music shall return w/ lyrics that people will appreciate (just like the Roth years, before he Ed & Co. wised up, even though that piece of shit Roth let us all down by leaving)!
    Can't wait to see Sam & the boys together again. At least the four of them appreciated the fans, rather than shitting on them w/ arrogance and stupid antics that leave even non-VH fans disgusted.
    WHAT IS UNDERSTOOD NEED NOT BE DISCUSSED!

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Burning Tires:
    At this stage, I would be thrilled to hear either a new Van Halen album with ANY singer, or an Ed instrumental album, or even better, an Ed and Alex "Jazz Odyssey" album.

Call me a VH slut. I'll take anything.
    "Welcome to the new Van Halen - Mach Four! This is Alex Van Halen on the drums, he wrote this..."
    "There's a Japanese term called wabi-sabi, not wasabi, but wabi-sabi. It means an appreciation for the imperfect, the less than precision. The cowboy boots that you never polish because it's bad luck. That is completely wabi-sabi. Van Halen is that." - DLR 2002<br /><br />"Look! I can see their parachutes! They're ok..." - Tenshinhan, DragonBall Z

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by aftershock5:
    they will be back, with Sammy, and this shithead world of new "rock" will come back to its senses after another #1HIT ALBUM with SAMMY.
    Dude, you like Sammy better. Great. But you're crazy if you think that a Van Hagar album will change the rock world. Balance sold well, but didn't exactly light 1995 on fire. I believe that a Van Hagar album will at least go platinum. But not a chance in hell that it changes the music scene.

(While I personally believe a Dave album would sell more, I don't think IT would change the music scene, either.)

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 07:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

If VH and Dave can get on the same page musically and personally, then it should go forward. That doesn't mean they become best friends or anything, just that they mutually respect what the other has to offer and truly believe their creativity can mesh and produce great work. Otherwise it's just a cash grab, and that will be reflected in the work, I believe.

Good topic for the Opinions forum, sending this there now. [img]smile.gif[/img]