Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 58
  1. #1
    Sinner's Swing! the_atomic_punks_rule's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.27.04
    Location
    Jersey- Home of the Devils
    Posts
    2,766
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Today- Bottom's Up!
    Last Online

    12.20.16 @ 03:09 PM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default Instead of Bitching, Hoiw about an organized effort?

    OK, first of all I realize that there are a hell of a lot more important things in the world, but having said that....

    Instead of bitching about MA being screwed over, let's make an organized effort that reaches far beyond this message board to show the decision makers it may hurt them in the pocket.

    I know it sounds silly, and I would usually be the first to bash such an idea, but I can tell that there is a lot of support for this. Even though I know the numbers may be on the smaller side that insist on MA being there, that is not always the determining factor on being heard. If we can bring this to the publics attention through the internet, and have some news outlets jump on board(christ, they already poach 99% of the net anyway), then maybe we can make some noise.

    I'd rather try, than not. Who is in???????

  2. #2
    Good Enough Ace Ventura's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.07.04
    Age
    47
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,013
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    So this is love?
    Last Online

    01.01.13 @ 04:06 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_atomic_punks_rule View Post
    OK, first of all I realize that there are a hell of a lot more important things in the world, but having said that....

    Instead of bitching about MA being screwed over, let's make an organized effort that reaches far beyond this message board to show the decision makers it may hurt them in the pocket.

    I know it sounds silly, and I would usually be the first to bash such an idea, but I can tell that there is a lot of support for this. Even though I know the numbers may be on the smaller side that insist on MA being there, that is not always the determining factor on being heard. If we can bring this to the publics attention through the internet, and have some news outlets jump on board(christ, they already poach 99% of the net anyway), then maybe we can make some noise.

    I'd rather try, than not. Who is in???????
    I'm in. I have no problem doing whatever it takes to make it known that Mike deserves far better than this. Let me know how I can help!
    "It doesn't mean that much to me to mean that much to you..." -Neil Young

    "The sun's not yellow, it's chicken." -Bob Dylan

    "If you go out and buy a Van Halen record and put it in your collection, it'll melt your other records." -David Lee Roth, 1981.

    Guy of Gisborne: Why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe?
    Sheriff of Nottingham: Because it's DULL, you twit!!! It'll HURT MORE!!!

  3. #3
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    02.17.00
    Posts
    1,710
    Last Online

    12.10.17 @ 12:26 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 37 Times in 19 Posts

    Default

    The best thing you can do is don't buy a ticket for the tour. That's as crystal clear as it gets.

  4. #4
    Sinner's Swing! the_atomic_punks_rule's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.27.04
    Location
    Jersey- Home of the Devils
    Posts
    2,766
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Today- Bottom's Up!
    Last Online

    12.20.16 @ 03:09 PM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chain View Post
    The best thing you can do is don't buy a ticket for the tour. That's as crystal clear as it gets.

    1)The idea is to make it clear prior to them moving on without Mike.
    2)Again, I doubt the sheer number not buying single seats would even make a dent once the tour begins.
    3)The squeaky wheel gets the grease man. If the promoters think that there is a chance that this decision will hurt sales or cause bad PR than maybe that would do it.

    If you are truly interested than pm me and we will get it going.

  5. #5
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,159
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.18.17 @ 10:58 AM
    Likes
    1,322
    Liked 6,712 Times in 3,730 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_atomic_punks_rule View Post
    1)The idea is to make it clear prior to them moving on without Mike.
    2)Again, I doubt the sheer number not buying single seats would even make a dent once the tour begins.
    3)The squeaky wheel gets the grease man. If the promoters think that there is a chance that this decision will hurt sales or cause bad PR than maybe that would do it.

    If you are truly interested than pm me and we will get it going.
    this is really embarassing. if you don't like the lineup you don't go - pretty simply. If the band changed their mind over who was in the band over what a few squeeky wheels thought, i would lose what little respect I have left for them. It's their band - not yours.

  6. #6
    Sinner's Swing! Zahzoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.20.01
    Location
    3rd Stone From The Sun
    Posts
    3,495
    Favorite VH Album

    The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

    Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

    11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Likes
    85
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

    Default

    Save the Whales... er I mean Bass Player!!!
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

  7. #7
    Sinner's Swing! the_atomic_punks_rule's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.27.04
    Location
    Jersey- Home of the Devils
    Posts
    2,766
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Today- Bottom's Up!
    Last Online

    12.20.16 @ 03:09 PM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by it's me View Post
    this is really embarassing. if you don't like the lineup you don't go - pretty simply. If the band changed their mind over who was in the band over what a few squeeky wheels thought, i would lose what little respect I have left for them. It's their band - not yours.
    Riiiiiiiiiighttttttttttttttttt, if that was the case then by all accounts Cherone would still be in the band since they were musical soulmates. BS man.

    warner and the peeps said no way...see ya Gary. Plain and simple man.

    Everything is consumer driven...everything...instead of having the powers that be believe that it won't cost them, someone needs to make sure to present it that may.

    Do you think the overwhelming majority of the McDonald's eating public really give a shit about the nutritional facts on their double quarter pounder? Obviously, not. Lobbyists are very effective.

  8. #8
    Sinner's Swing! the_atomic_punks_rule's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.27.04
    Location
    Jersey- Home of the Devils
    Posts
    2,766
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Today- Bottom's Up!
    Last Online

    12.20.16 @ 03:09 PM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zahzoo View Post
    Save the Whales... er I mean Bass Player!!!
    Right on...smoke a doob, then let me know if your in!

  9. #9
    Eruption
    Join Date
    07.27.06
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,122
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

    05.26.17 @ 11:48 PM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Don't be such pessimists, ye naysayers. There is nothing wrong with making your voices heard in some way regarding this.

    I think some kind of action is a good idea.

    problem is, what is most effective and for least cost?

    My thinking is a well publicized smail mail campaign. Hundreds or even thousands of letters to Azoff's office might do something. At least give him some physical stuff he can bring to 5150 with him to show Ed that we love VH and all the originals intact for a tour. What is cool, is that they all have the same management...so letters going to that one place make it even easier.

    Its not a big effort individually, and it is better than email in this case, because it is just harder to ignore/delete/trash. And it proves you care enough to take the time to send a letter and drop it off in the mail.

    Anyone have management's address?

  10. #10
    Sinner's Swing! the_atomic_punks_rule's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.27.04
    Location
    Jersey- Home of the Devils
    Posts
    2,766
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Today- Bottom's Up!
    Last Online

    12.20.16 @ 03:09 PM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duck View Post
    Don't be such pessimists, ye naysayers. There is nothing wrong with making your voices heard in some way regarding this.

    I think some kind of action is a good idea.

    problem is, what is most effective and for least cost?

    My thinking is a well publicized smail mail campaign. Hundreds or even thousands of letters to Azoff's office might do something. At least give him some physical stuff he can bring to 5150 with him to show Ed that we love VH and all the originals intact for a tour. What is cool, is that they all have the same management...so letters going to that one place make it even easier.

    Its not a big effort individually, and it is better than email in this case, because it is just harder to ignore/delete/trash. And it proves you care enough to take the time to send a letter and drop it off in the mail.

    Anyone have management's address?
    I agree....even a small concentration to Azoff and even the publicist will carry weight. I wasn't thinking about taking out a full page add in the USA Today or anything. We already have a basic myspace page. I am thinking viral marketing, ala YOU TUBE, along with a central website to co-ordinate the effort. Get online news outlets to bite, like G4, MelodicRock,etc. Sirius would bite and that means XM too. Maybe get some help from Stern in Robins news. It would start to snowball from there............

  11. #11
    Eruption
    Join Date
    07.27.06
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,122
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

    05.26.17 @ 11:48 PM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_atomic_punks_rule View Post
    I agree....even a small concentration to Azoff and even the publicist will carry weight. I wasn't thinking about taking out a full page add in the USA Today or anything. We already have a basic myspace page. I am thinking viral marketing, ala YOU TUBE, along with a central website to co-ordinate the effort. Get online news outlets to bite, like G4, MelodicRock,etc. Sirius would bite and that means XM too. Maybe get some help from Stern in Robins news. It would start to snowball from there............
    Perhaps build an email list of those who want to help, then email everyone in a week in order to kick off a meeting to put together some ""Strategery."

  12. #12
    Sinner's Swing! Zahzoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.20.01
    Location
    3rd Stone From The Sun
    Posts
    3,495
    Favorite VH Album

    The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

    Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

    11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Likes
    85
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_atomic_punks_rule View Post
    Right on...smoke a doob, then let me know if your in!
    Well not to piss on your leg and tell you it's raining... but...

    Isn't this getting a little bit ahead of things? What do we got?

    Ed says Saucey can do what he wants while promoting his porn project on Stern. Porn publicist says son is playing with dad in studio and the next VH bassplayer.

    Rumored 2007 tour... note the key word here RUMORED...

    Michael says no one has contacted him.

    At present... you have no real tour, no real record, no real singer... no real band!!

    What you do have is a drunk wino hawking hootchy-momma movies and bragging on his boy. While his Dildo Diary girlfriend is shooting of her mouth. A bass player making winter vacation plans. A drummer hiding in his basement. A singer with hope running eternally. Oh and a bunch of rumors and bullshit stirred up on the internet...

    What shall we campaign about again?
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

  13. #13
    On Fire bb3000ma's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.08.04
    Posts
    328
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Push Comes To Shove
    Last Online

    05.05.17 @ 02:36 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 43 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Not that I won't miss Mikey ALOT on the next tour, and I do agree with what most of you are saying, but wouldn't you rather see guys up there on stage playing that actually WANT to play together? I think that at this point if Mike ends up back touring with VH, I might walk away from the show feeling it was all phony up there. Then again, I guess these issues have been going on longer than I realized.

  14. #14
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    05.28.00
    Location
    dirtland, usa
    Posts
    15,878
    Favorite VH Album

    the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

    hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

    12.18.17 @ 09:14 AM
    Likes
    242
    Liked 986 Times in 397 Posts

    Default

    i gotta tell ya, we may just wanna leave it alone right about now

    too much and it may piss ed all to hell and we may get absolutely zero.

    i for one, hope val can talk some sense into ed. i think she is the only person that can. does she even want to? i dunno. maybe if wolfie sees all this he'll lobby for his dad to get mike back. but it's a longshot, and we're dealing with bigger powers here guys, unfortunately

    squal, myself, and a few others also think it is suspect that "the guy" is posting exclusively over at the army and not at a van halen website. to me, that fucking sucks, end of story.

    this thing is already FUBAR. i think we should all just wait n see what happens.

    we shouldn't have to voice an opinion to keep mike in the band. if ed is that sick from his disease, there's nothing you or i can do about it. believe me, i know

  15. #15
    Atomic Punk Van Squalen's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.21.03
    Posts
    22,263
    Last Online

    12.18.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1,636 Times in 1,005 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zahzoo View Post

    At present... you have no real tour, no real record, no real singer... no real band!!

    What you do have is a drunk wino hawking hootchy-momma movies and bragging on his boy. While his Dildo Diary girlfriend is shooting of her mouth. A bass player making winter vacation plans. A drummer hiding in his basement. A singer with hope running eternally. Oh and a bunch of rumors and bullshit stirred up on the internet...
    LOFL!

    Can't get much more of a spot on summary than that.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. DLR Band is Dave's best solo effort
    By Dave's Dradle in forum VH Songs/Albums/Videos
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12.05.02, 07:19 PM
  2. An Opinion On Dave's Next Solo Effort
    By Western Exterminator in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08.15.02, 06:46 PM
  3. Organized Crime In High Court!
    By theodore templeman in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07.17.02, 02:56 PM
  4. Dave's best solo effort
    By Bigdaddy_14 in forum VH Songs/Albums/Videos
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08.30.00, 03:18 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •